32-3A
Santa Mario Vs. Hidalgo
Monterrery Tech Vs. La Feria
Port Isabel Vs. Rio Grande City Grulla
Progreso BYE
Rio Hondo Vs. Raymondville

defense51
09-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Wimberley vs Liberty Hill should be a great game!

garciap77
09-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Wimberley Vs. Liberty Hill

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I say Columbus v Bellville. It is a District game, both in R4 and should be an interesting match up. Wimberley and LH have been in the news a lot lately from two different regions. Time for someone else to be featured. Columbus looks to be on the rise.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 01:07 PM
LaGrange/CL. Very close contest here IMO. Love to see it.

Manso/V8
09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Why all the votes for Wimberley vs Liberty Hill? What is this game going to tell us about R4? Liberty Hill is a R1 team and Wimberley and Liberty Hill both played a common opponent (Giddings) in a close game. Please, you fellas and gals that voted for the WT vs LH game, please explain why this should be R4 game of the week.

warhorsejoe
09-22-2012, 04:43 PM
La Grange Vs. Canyon Lake

OldBison75
09-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Haven't voted here yet, but Wimberley vs LH is not only a top matchup of really good teams, both teams feel they are not getting the recognition they deserve. Plus, I believe there have been some barn burners between these teams--they don't really like each other.

Tejastrue
09-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Haven't voted here yet, but Wimberley vs LH is not only a top matchup of really good teams, both teams feel they are not getting the recognition they deserve. Plus, I believe there have been some barn burners between these teams--they don't really like each other.

Defending State Champs yes, but that was 2011. We haven't earned the recognition this year...thus far. All i would say is just don't write us off like many have already.

Whatever do you mean OB75..we love Liberty Hill. :wave:

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 08:10 PM

Excuse me but from my perspective Wimberley has gotten plenty of press considering they are 2-2. They were GOTW last week. Liberty Hill is Region ! and should be featured on their thread. Let's look at Region 4 Teams who have not been featured yet. I mean do we really need to feature Wimberley's third loss this week?:stirpot:

speedbump
09-22-2012, 08:35 PM
I say Columbus v Bellville. It is a District game, both in R4 and should be an interesting match up. Wimberley and LH have been in the news a lot lately from two different regions. Time for someone else to be featured. Columbus looks to be on the rise.

You are 100% correct Sir. The Bellville Columbus game means something the other two mean almost zero.

Gobblerfan
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm going to La Grange vs. Canyon Lake..............

rb585
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Why all the votes for Wimberley vs Liberty Hill? What is this game going to tell us about R4? Liberty Hill is a R1 team and Wimberley and Liberty Hill both played a common opponent (Giddings) in a close game. Please, you fellas and gals that voted for the WT vs LH game, please explain why this should be R4 game of the week.

Wimberley = America's Team

Manso/V8
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM
I haven't voted yet. I was hoping for some explanation of why so many are excited about a R 1 game. I am real curious about what La Grange has going on, Canyon Lake as well, and neither team has been GOTW. Bellville hasn't played up to pre-season expectations and Columbus is playing better than expected, so the Bellville vs. Columbus game may very well be key to D25 playoff spots.........but Bellville has already been featured in a GOTW. Then again, speedbump is right, the Bellville vs Columbus game actually means something, and I am sure there will be some future games more critical for La Grange.

buff4ever
09-23-2012, 12:16 AM
The best game above is wt vs lh, no question going in. Lg will beat cl pretty easily I think. Bb vs cc is most relevent r4 matchup, and if columbus plays as well on offense as they did last night, they could make a run at the brahmas. However, cc couldn't stop our run, and bellville will be able to run on them pretty easily. Bellville wins because ccdefense can't stop em enough.

If I vote for which game I would like to see, I vote wt vs lh. The matchup could be interesting.

ogg
09-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Liberty Hill and Wimberley, no doubt about it. Centex 3a powers.

Pudlugger
09-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Well, why don't we just get this over with now and make Wimberley permanently GOTW. /s

speedbump
09-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, why don't we just get this over with now and make Wimberley permanently GOTW. /s

I wouldn't give up just yet. Not with all of the great games ahead in districts 25 and 26.

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Great idea Pud. :clap:

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Great idea Pud. :clap:

I am surprised, usually you at least feign an interest in other R4 teams. I guess that is out the window?

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I am surprised, usually you at least feign an interest in other R4 teams. I guess that is out the window?

If I recall about the Belville/Giddings game that you felt us Wimberley folk should stay concerned about our own team. Lol..It is a bit personal about LH/Wimberley. There is some history and we really don't like each other. I missed a lot of the hoopla on here because it started before I became a DL member. I am a R-4 supporter big time but I didn't feel the other two games were big match-ups. I'm surprised our own district's Canyon Lake has struggled so that did factor in. In reality, I think the Fredericksburg vs Llano game would be fun to watch Two programs that apear to be on the rise and trying to re-establish themselves and hungry for success. Nothing against the other teams here.

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Wimberley = America's Team

Yeah, the Wimberley Texans are Obama's favorite team, he wears a WT jersey on Fridays. LOL!!

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 07:43 PM
If I recall about the Belville/Giddings game that you felt us Wimberley folk should stay concerned about our own team. Lol..It is a bit personal about LH/Wimberley. There is some history and we really don't like each other. I missed a lot of the hoopla on here because it started before I became a DL member. I am a R-4 supporter big time but I didn't feel the other two games were big match-ups. I'm surprised our own district's Canyon Lake has struggled so that did factor in. In reality, I think the Fredericksburg vs Llano game would be fun to watch Two programs that apear to be on the rise and trying to re-establish themselves and hungry for success. Nothing against the other teams here.

Oh, I get it. It's not really the R4 GOTW, but it is GOTW to you and the LH folks.

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Oh, I get it. It's not really the R4 GOTW, but it is GOTW to you and the LH folks.

Do you think all 22 votes for this game are LH and WT people?

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, the Wimberley Texans are Obama's favorite team, he wears a WT jersey on Fridays. LOL!!

Is he American? LOL

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 08:12 PM

For the past 2 years we've represented Region 4 in the semis. Last time I checked we are still Region 4. It's not like we posted the games to choose from. I'm sure if you guys whine enough he'll take that into consideration. Would not bother me a bit to see another game selected. :wave:

1st and goal
09-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Can the Wimbo LH game be R1 GOTW?

Coincidentally,

Giddings has played all 4 of the 1st two games listed in the poll.

I guess since everyone's bickering over which game is the most important, I'll say Bellville/Columbus. But only cuz Giddings is off this week. :stirpot:

1st and goal
09-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh, don't forget this is a popularity contest.

Wonder why there aren't many if any, Columbus posters? They had a great turnout at the game last week in Giddings. Especially considering they've struggled putting things together.

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Do you think all 22 votes for this game are LH and WT people?

Probably most of them.

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Is he American? LOL

He is now. He sure carried Hays Country last time around. I think thats one of the reasons he is such as big fan, plus I read that he said "if had a son, he would look like the token black kid on the Wimberley Texans"......or something like that!!

ogg
09-23-2012, 10:44 PM
He is now. He sure carried Hays Country last time around. I think thats one of the reasons he is such as big fan, plus I read that he said "if had a son, he would look like the token black kid on the Wimberley Texans"......or something like that!!

You’re now part of my bottom 5 membership rankings.

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 11:13 PM
For the past 2 years we've represented Region 4 in the semis. Last time I checked we are still Region 4. It's not like we posted the games to choose from. I'm sure if you guys whine enough he'll take that into consideration. Would not bother me a bit to see another game selected. :wave:

Not whining, having fun talking about it though. I haven't even voted, just asked why yall thought it was GOTW worthy. I get a chuckle out of the fact that everytime Wimberley is listed as a potential GOTW, the vote counts shoots right up. Wimberley has the most posters on the board, and of course every WT game is the GOTW to them. Just trying to get yall to look at a little differently. as in what game will tell us more about how the Region may shape up during the season. I don't really want Bellville v Columbus to be GOTW because we were already GOTW for week 2, and there are few to none Columbus posters on the board, so it probably won't be a fun thread.....but it is probably is the most important game of the three choices. There will be better LaGrange games to feature once their district starts, and likely no Wimberely district games will be GOTW worthy. WT vs LH will be an interesting game and there will be a lot of chatter from WT, LH, the Buffs, and others, so have at it!

Manso/V8
09-23-2012, 11:15 PM
You’re now part of my bottom 5 membership rankings.

I moved up! I hope your kidding. Your guy posts that Wimberley is America's team, and you don't appreciate a fun jab back?

Gobblerfan
09-29-2012, 11:19 AM
La Grange looked good last night!