PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Amarillo High

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Who you ya got? Amarillo just beat the #7 team in 4A and played a talented Rider team to the wire coming up just short.

83Indian
09-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I got Ville. This is the most impressive pre-season schedule I have seen in a while. Keep on rolling

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I got Ville. This is the most impressive pre-season schedule I have seen in a while. Keep on rolling

You are right. Ville wins. Prove me wrong Sandies. Stephenville is playing dominant football!

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Beyond anything health will be my concern. We had at least one starter out on defense last night and the way the radio annoucers sounded potentially more. They never gave an exact number that I heard. We had a couple go down last night but I believe all returned to the game. If we can stay healthy through this game we have 2 bye weeks before the playoffs.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Would've been niced to have seen this one played in Mustang Bowl. Oh well, Snyder's just down the road and now that they've replaced their old wooden stands, nobody has to worry about falling through them anymore.

Tiganut
09-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Would've been niced to have seen this one played in Mustang Bowl. Oh well, Snyder's just down the road and now that they've replaced their old wooden stands, nobody has to worry about falling through them anymore.

New stands are nice. I will be announcing the game. Glad Snyder has the oppurtunity to host this game.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
New stands are nice. I will be announcing the game. Glad Snyder has the oppurtunity to host this game.

Good to hear. I haven't seen the stadium since last year's district game. I'm sure y'all will be hosting more with all the new renovations to the field, restrooms, concession stands etc.

garciap77
09-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Good to hear. I haven't seen the stadium since last year's district game. I'm sure y'all will be hosting more with all the new renovations to the field, restrooms, concession stands etc.

Are you going to this game?

Ville-D
09-22-2012, 01:34 PM
I have to be out of town on business so I'll be listening to the broadcast on www.kstvfm.com

Hopefully with the extra day the sickness that went through the team last week will have passed. Last night we had about 5 kids that were still recovering and #23 wasn't even able to travel. Hope they all get well.

regaleagle
09-22-2012, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't get on my high horse too quickly about this Amarillo team. I don't care what classification any team is.....I just think these Amarillo boyz can play some football. I look for a very physical game from them, always tough on any team. Stephenville just better be ready to get hit is all I can say. Don't think for one second they are not aware of the Yellowjackets putting the whuppin' on Aledo. They'll be coming in breathing blood, brother. Just get ready for it....cuz they ain't gonna take no prisoners, LOL.

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't get on my high horse too quickly about this Amarillo team. I don't care what classification any team is.....I just think these Amarillo boyz can play some football. I look for a very physical game from them, always tough on any team. Stephenville just better be ready to get hit is all I can say. Don't think for one second they are not aware of the Yellowjackets putting the whuppin' on Aledo. They'll be coming in breathing blood, brother. Just get ready for it....cuz they ain't gonna take no prisoners, LOL.

....:)

regaleagle
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't worry about me and my post.....I know nothing about football whatsoever. Go ahead and toot your horn. I've been touting Stephenville's team the whole season. I didn't say the Yellowjackets would lose either, did I. Your boyz just came off a good game with a very talented team. Sometimes a team can come in that everything on paper says your team should win easily....and Stephenville may. All I'm saying is to stay humble and be ready for a physical game.

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Don't worry about me and my post.....I know nothing about football whatsoever. Go ahead and toot your horn. I've been touting Stephenville's team the whole season. I didn't say the Yellowjackets would lose either, did I. Your boyz just came off a good game with a very talented team. Sometimes a team can come in that everything on paper says your team should win easily....and Stephenville may. All I'm saying is to stay humble and be ready for a physical game.

Thanks cause we know nothing about Mel and Amarillo. You said with some breaks the LV game would have been closer. You neglected to metion the points Stephenville left on the field too.

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
“Good is the enemy of great.”

Maybe we will see at a game one day regaleagle.

regaleagle
09-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Didn't have to.....you won the game handily, duh. And that was only part of my post anyway. Go back and read the entire post. And the previous posts, and those after. I don't need you to try to put your slant on my posts....I wrote them and know what the meaning was. Taking pieces of posts out of context of the entire post only exposes you as being shallow. You don't want to be thought of like that, do you?

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 02:53 PM
:)..

defense51
09-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Didn't have to.....you won the game handily, duh. And that was only part of my post anyway. Go back and read the entire post. And the previous posts, and those after. I don't need you to try to put your slant on my posts....I wrote them and know what the meaning was. Taking pieces of posts out of context of the entire post only exposes you as being shallow. You don't want to be thought of like that, do you?
:tisk: vtskneb

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 04:32 PM
:tisk: vtskneb

:fnypost:

Matthew328
09-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure Stephenville has a good idea of what Amarillo brings to the table....Ville and Maxfield coached teams have history

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM

I love the Mustang Bowl. It is a great place to watch a game. Maybe we can get a Sweetwater/Stephenville series started back up where we left off in the 90s. I will miss out on seeing Snyder's stadium, I think our OC used to coach there or maybe Big Spring.

Sville
09-22-2012, 11:55 PM
This is going to be a tough game. They are a good well coached team. The Sandies dropped from 5A this past realignment after going 8-4 with 7 offensive and 4 defensive starters back. They run the wing -t and run it well.

toddg
09-23-2012, 12:16 AM
This is going to be a tough game. They are a good well coached team. The Sandies dropped from 5A this past realignment after going 8-4 with 7 offensive and 4 defensive starters back. They run the wing -t and run it well.

will be a very good game in Snyder! if you see Coach Sims tell him Alvarado says hi.

btw..thanks for ck'ing my IP with your website..the problem is my hughes.net modem.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Are you going to this game?

Does Wylie have TASO in their back pocket?

I love the Mustang Bowl. It is a great place to watch a game. Maybe we can get a Sweetwater/Stephenville series started back up where we left off in the 90s.

I don't see Sweetwater and Stephenville playing each other again anytime soon unless realignment puts them in the same district.

garciap77
09-24-2012, 10:54 PM

NO

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/18193.jpg

:evillol:

Sville
09-26-2012, 09:10 AM
The closer this game gets the more nervous I get. Amarillo is a dang good football team and we always had trouble with the Maxfield coached Burleson teams. While I expect the Jackets to win it wouldn't surprise if we get beat by Amarillo either. The wing-T is very difficult to defend when you only see it once or twice a year now, and the Sandies run it very well. I just want to get out of this game healthy b/c I know it is going to be a physical ballgame. If we can stay healthy I feel very confident of our chances to be playing at Cowboys Stadium this December.

jason
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
is snyder's stadium any good?
how's the food?

vtskneb
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM

I don't see Sweetwater and Stephenville playing each other again anytime soon unless realignment puts them in the same district.

Does Sweetwater have the potential to go big school?

ccmom
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Does Sweetwater have the potential to go big school?

Uhhh....no.

garciap77
09-26-2012, 01:45 PM
The closer this game gets the more nervous I get. Amarillo is a dang good football team and we always had trouble with the Maxfield coached Burleson teams. While I expect the Jackets to win it wouldn't surprise if we get beat by Amarillo either. The wing-T is very difficult to defend when you only see it once or twice a year now, and the Sandies run it very well. I just want to get out of this game healthy b/c I know it is going to be a physical ballgame. If we can stay healthy I feel very confident of our chances to be playing at Cowboys Stadium this December.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif

vtskneb
09-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Uhhh....no.

I wonder what would prevent the game from happening then? They seemed okay playing then why not now?

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2012, 03:24 PM
is snyder's stadium any good?
how's the food?

The biggest detractor is that the field is inside the track. Other than that everything is basically new.

The food is better than the Jalisco's in Stephenville but that isn't saying much.

Tiganut
09-26-2012, 03:45 PM
The biggest detractor is that the field is inside the track. Other than that everything is basically new.

The food is better than the Jalisco's in Stephenville but that isn't saying much.
New stands, new press box, new indoor, new weightroom equipment (better than most universities), turf and scoreboard are about 4 years old, new lights, concession stands, and restrooms for Ccmom.

Skeets, Jaramillos, Spanish Inn, and Tequeria de Guadalajara r good places to eat.

jason
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM

ha, yeah right...nothing like a cheese-like product from a can poured over stale chips....

franz
09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Stephenville's defense rises to the occasion and holds off Amarillo 42-40.:thumbsup:

vtskneb
09-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

Ville-D
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

http://www.midnightwhispers.ca/stories/668/images/troll.jpg

It don't matter if we win or not. Nobody else has a pre season schedule in 3A even close. Hell I read a post with someone saying Glen Rose was a top ranked 3A team. That's sad!!!

3A is in big trouble for the next 2 years.

garciap77
09-27-2012, 07:24 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/connie_hidinginwall.gif

franz
09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Ville;1697611]It don't matter if we win or not. Nobody else has a pre season schedule in 3A even close. Hell I read a post with someone saying Glen Rose was a top ranked 3A team. That's sad!!!

What? You better get on the same page as Ville(little d) and vt%^&$&. You don't talk about Stephenville like that.

garciap77
09-27-2012, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=Ville;1697611]It don't matter if we win or not. Nobody else has a pre season schedule in 3A even close. Hell I read a post with someone saying Glen Rose was a top ranked 3A team. That's sad!!!

What? You better get on the same page as Ville(little d) and vt%^&$&. You don't talk about Stephenville like that.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cry.gif

toddg
09-28-2012, 12:38 AM
good luck to the Jackets saturday..heres hoping you have a good, injury free game.

vtskneb
09-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Why do you have a problem with what he said?

toddg
09-28-2012, 12:39 PM
looks like rain all day tomorrow..travel safe!

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Kickoff is still at 2 pm right?

jason
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Kickoff is still at 2 pm right?
yes

Matthew328
09-28-2012, 01:06 PM
This is a fantastic Saturday game, if you are in Abilene, Sweetwater, Lubbock, Big Spring etc. come out to Snyder..

hollywood
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
This is a fantastic Saturday game, if you are in Abilene, Sweetwater, Lubbock, Big Spring etc. come out to Snyder..

plug plug plug... ;)

vtskneb
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tomorrow/Snyder+TX+USTX1274:1:US

In the Burleson game in 2000 it was a monsoon all night. That was back when Tarleton had grass and TSU played Midwestern the next day. Hope we don't melt tomorrow.

Matthew328
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Apparently the I-20 to US-84 bridge suffered major damage last night and will be closed for approx. six months....yikes alternate route!

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/article_a8bc5a9e-0996-11e2-a74e-0019bb2963f4.html

garciap77
09-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Apparently the I-20 to US-84 bridge suffered major damage last night and will be closed for approx. six months....yikes alternate route!

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/article_a8bc5a9e-0996-11e2-a74e-0019bb2963f4.html

Thanks for the update!

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
:confused:

SWEETWATER, Texas -

Damage to an overpass on I-20 at US 84 has forced a ¾ mile long detour west of Sweetwater.
Related

It is anticipated, Texas Department of Transportation spokeswoman Darah Waldrip said, that the temporary repairs "can be completed within the next 24 hours as long as no other unplanned circumstances occur.."

"Normal traffic flow will then be restored, pending further inspection and assessment by TxDOT staff," Waldrip said in a news release.

Earlier today, the TxDOT released the following directions about the detour.

"Westbound traffic is being detoured from I-20 at US 84. Traffic should take the first exit on US 84 to Business 84, go under US 84 and come back eastbound on the US 84 frontage road, then go back on US 84 and go back to I-20 westbound. Signs, cones and message boards are in place to direct drivers. The detour is about ¾ of a mile long."

The damage to the overpass occurred when a tractor trailer crashed into the support columns on the Highway 83 bridge that goes over the west bound lanes of I-20.

According to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden, the accident separated the cab from the rest of the truck. Madden said it was raining at the time of the incident.

The driver and co-driver were rescued through the windshield. They were taken to Rolling Plains Hospital in Sweetwater and are in stable condition.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/I-20-traffic-continues-to-be-detoured-after-damage-to-overpass-near-Sweetwater/-/14769632/16776838/-/s71ku6/-/index.html

toddg
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
whats the parking like at Tiger Stadium?

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
whats the parking like at Tiger Stadium?

There is none except for the HS parking lot which is tiny. Otherwise, you're parking in someone's driveway or in front of their house.

Matthew328
09-28-2012, 03:09 PM
it's not great at all....lol

garciap77
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Hey SW RED we can park at skins4life's crib. He's going to be out off town, so we might be able to get some of his beer too, while we're there! Or we can park at Black Magic's house!;)

ccmom
09-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Park in the church parking lot about a block away from the stadium. Tell em ccmom sent ya. Those people love me over there!! ;)

Tiganut
09-28-2012, 03:39 PM
There is a parking lot South of indoor facility. Parking in front of high school, small parking lot north of stadium and at Colonial Hill Baptist Church (where Ccmom parks).

hollywood
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Park in the church parking lot about a block away from the stadium. Tell em ccmom sent ya. Those people love me over there!! ;)

:rolleyes:

Cheers... btw GP77... no drinking in the church parking lot!

:D

garciap77
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Cheers... btw GP77... no drinking in the church parking lot!

:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/MG_264_zps611c7f1a.gif

garciap77
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Yeah! Why were they mad at you? I forgot! And didn't you get in trouble over in the ladies bathrooms too!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/nibbs/Smiles%20Animated/smiley-cheers.gif