PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring lost to LCM

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2012, 03:09 AM
35-20 i think.

Interesting to note that CS is known for their defense, and earlier this year WOS shut out LCM 18-0....

WOS87
09-22-2012, 03:12 AM
mmhm

WOS 18, LCM 0

LCM 35, Coldspring 20

Coldspring 27, LaMarque 21

hmmmm

navscanmaster
09-22-2012, 04:02 AM
mmhm

WOS 18, LCM 0

LCM 35, Coldspring 20

hmmmm

Let's get us a Navasota/WOS game. Pronto!

griff
09-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Let's get us a Navasota/WOS game. Pronto!

I've always wanted my Mustangs to play the Rattlers. Hasn't happened yet. I have a friend who lives in Navasota and every year we compare notes on each team. As good as both teams have been so far, THIS would hopefully be the year. Also, if projections are correct, and Taylor makes the playoffs, then Navasota would play in the DII bracket where WO-S will certainly enter. Let's take care of district play first and hope for this game to become a reality.

griff
09-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I have much respect for Coach Barbay amd Coldspring, but this is an embarrassing loss. LCM has been an average team at best for many years. WO-S's record against them is something like 24-2(check me on that, WOS87). It's a 4A team and a neighboring community to WO-S. I'm still shocked they hung 35 points on CS. LCM does have ONE really good offensive player (Sezar, TB, A&M commit), but very little around him. This makes me wonder about what kind of team CS really has this year, how good LaMarque is, etc.

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I've always wanted my Mustangs to play the Rattlers. Hasn't happened yet. I have a friend who lives in Navasota and every year we compare notes on each team. As good as both teams have been so far, THIS would hopefully be the year. Also, if projections are correct, and Taylor makes the playoffs, then Navasota would play in the DII bracket where WO-S will certainly enter. Let's take care of district play first and hope for this game to become a reality.

I tell ya, Region III is LOADED. Going Div 2 would possibly have Navasota, WO-S, Coldspring, and La Marque amongst others.

Div I- Navasota possibly, La Vega, Carthage, etc.

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Here is the box score. Not a lot of offense for either team.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=151021&TeamID=163&SearchType=Teams

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Here is the box score. Not a lot of offense for either team.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=151021&TeamID=163&SearchType=Teams

if you add ups the individual stats, its much more than the 150/143 at the top...

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
if you add ups the individual stats, its much more than the 150/143 at the top...

I guess there were many negative yardage plays. Or, I should have known better. Afterall, it is the Chronicle.

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I guess there were many negative yardage plays. Or, I should have known better. Afterall, it is the Chronicle.

lol, that'd be a LOT of negative plays. More likely the chronicle just sucks at math lol

garciap77
09-22-2012, 01:14 PM
mmhm

WOS 18, LCM 0

LCM 35, Coldspring 20

hmmmm

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

WOS1
09-22-2012, 01:32 PM
The Orange Leader had the total yards at WO-S 272, Jasper 225. Both defenses are pretty good. About 70 yards for Jasper was on that last scoring drive of the game.

regaleagle
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
If you will remember, Prosper beat Argyle last year about this time too. It is not unusual for a team to have a down week after a big one, or just for a team to be flat on a given night against any decent team. Prosper was a big talented team last year though....I don't know about LCM.

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 03:09 PM
If you will remember, Prosper beat Argyle last year about this time too. It is not unusual for a team to have a down week after a big one, or just for a team to be flat on a given night against any decent team. Prosper was a big talented team last year though....I don't know about LCM.

Good point. After Navasota beat La Grange in OT last year, some from La Grange believed that Navasota wasn't as good or La Grange was better than what they believed. These assessments were all based on seeing Navasota play on game.

Folks, it is possible to have a bad game. Pros included have bad games as an individual or as a team. There are several factors that play into a game. When was the game played is a one of the biggest factors. Was it the first game of the season or later in the year? Ideally, good teams will only get better as the season goes. With that said, I have seen Coldspring play every year over the past 4-5 seasons. This Trojans are good even after two loses. Not as good as the team that went to the Championship, but, still good. Offensively, they aren't as explosive as years past. On the defensive side, Coldspring has one of the better run defenses I've seen this year. Minus some missed takles and pass defense, the Trojan defense has room for improvement.

I still wouldn't want to face Coldspring in the playoffs.

WOS1
09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Argyle was undefeated when they lost to Prosper. Coldspring was not. Sometimes you have a bad game and sometimes you just aren't as good as you have been. CS lost a lot of Senior leadership to graduation last year. They will surely improve and are always dangerous, but the CS of the last two years they are not. No disrespect intended.