PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 47 Needville 0

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 12:36 AM
The Leps dominated the Jays all night only allowing them one first down until midway into the 3rd quarter when Coach Kates put in the 2's and 3's. The Lep offense was clicking with a good balance in passing and rushing. There were several excellent receptions made tonight lifting the Lep aerial attack to the next level. Next week the Leopards travel to New Braunfels to take on Fisher Canyon Lake. That will be the best team they have faced since Marble Falls. Good game all around tonight Leps to go 3-1.

hookandladder
09-22-2012, 12:45 AM
The Leps dominated the Jays all night only allowing them one first down until midway into the 3rd quarter when Coach Kates put in the 2's and 3's. The Lep offense was clicking with a good balance in passing and rushing. There were several excellent receptions made tonight lifting the Lep aerial attack to the next level. Next week the Leopards travel to New Braunfels to take on Fisher Canyon Lake. That will be the best team they have faced since Marble Falls. Good game all around tonight Leps to go 3-1.

I was told the Leps No. 1 defense gave up 11 total yards with no first down, very impressive outing. The only bad part is the starters only played one half of ball tonight, might have been good with a number of players that got sick last night and earlier this week.

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Yes the defense was very impressive. I wasn't sure but I thought they didn't allow a first down until coach began substituting midway in the third. I liked the way our receivers ran their patterns and especially liked the precision passing from #18. He really threaded the needle tonight with that frozen rope between two defenders over the middle on the post route to get the completion in the second quarter on the Jay's 5 yard line. Special teams on the kickoffs were very good in getting the stops inside the thirty. Overall it was a good exercise to get the team running on all eight cylinders for next week.

zebrablue2
09-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Leps got it going on, happy for coach Kates, he is a good guy.

1st and goal
09-22-2012, 07:28 AM
It looks like the Leps are hitting on all cylinders. Leps are starting to look like the team thats going to be tough to beat. I'm predicting a perfect storm brewing in our district. Some really good teams are going to stay home in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Yes D26 is loaded this season. Some good teams will not be playing after November 9. The Leps missed out on points last year. This year they will remember that(we have Smithville at home this year:flaming::stirpot:).

Scoop27
09-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Yall have to remember that Needville is a very weak team

Pudlugger
09-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Yall have to remember that Needville is a very weak team

Yes that's true but what I feel is a sign of quality in the Lep performance was their consistent disciplined play. Often when a team plays a weak opponent the team plays down and the opponent plays up. Many times there are unforced errors like penalties and turnovers dropped passes etc. We didn't see our first team make those errors last night. They played like a well oiled machine. So much so that Coach Kates put in the 2nd O after 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter. When they went and scored another td he put in the 3rd team including some kids up from the jv. This was excellent use of the bench to develop some depth and boost team moral and at the same time not look like Refugio running up 70 points against a down program. [It's called class] So even though we played a team that is down I like what I saw and believe this year the Leps have the talent and chemistry to win.

Apologies to Buff4ever for being Pudlike.:)

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes that's true but what I feel is a sign of quality in the Lep performance was their consistent disciplined play. Often when a team plays a weak opponent the team plays down and the opponent plays up. Many times there are unforced errors like penalties and turnovers dropped passes etc. We didn't see our first team make those errors last night. They played like a well oiled machine. So much so that Coach Kates put in the 2nd O after 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter. When they went and scored another td he put in the 3rd team including some kids up from the jv. This was excellent use of the bench to develop some depth and boost team moral and at the same time not look like Refugio running up 70 points against a down program. [It's called class] So even though we played a team that is down I like what I saw and believe this year the Leps have the talent and chemistry to win.

Apologies to Buff4ever for being Pudlike.:)

Pud, totally agree here. Our only above average performance was against a descent Sinton team. Yes, we are 3-1, but--stinkers after the Pirate contest. Don't get me wrong, H'V is damn good, and Edna has that type potential if they get some area's shored up. But, IMO, we should of won by more than 20 in both games. Like you said, they played up facing a 3A team, while we seem to play down. They play down again this Friday, Brad Dumont's Raiders, will kick our teeth in at our Homecoming, as Coach likes to say.