PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales 48 Austin Lanier 7

Gontex
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Apaches led 42-0 at halftime. Officials ran the clock straight through in the second half. Didn't take long to play it.

fire_it_up
09-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Not sure if Apaches looked that great or if Austin Lanier was just that bad?

apache78
09-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Both, and next week will probably not be much better with the new College Staion school.

YTBulldogs
09-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Both, and next week will probably not be much better with the new College Staion school.

Next two games, after this one, should be blowouts. Very weak opponents. 60'ish to nothing type wins I predict. Keep it rolling GZ.

underthetepee
09-22-2012, 10:30 AM
You can predict big scores but you better not lay money on it. We could have scored 100 last night and our coach pulled everyone out in the start of the 3rd quarter.
Next two games, after this one, should be blowouts. Very weak opponents. 60'ish to nothing type wins I predict. Keep it rolling GZ.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 12:02 PM
You can predict big scores but you better not lay money on it. We could have scored 100 last night and our coach pulled everyone out in the start of the 3rd quarter.

I'm fully aware you could of and can score 100 on the last 3 opponents. Very nice.:clap:

underthetepee
09-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm fully aware I didn't say anything about 3 opponents. Just last night!:tisk:
I'm fully aware you could of and can score 100 on the last 3 opponents. Very nice.:clap:

Snotbubbles
09-22-2012, 01:16 PM

I know against my Hurricanes this year, 100 is very possible. :weeping:

Dawgfan64
09-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Has to be hard to gauge your team when you're playing struggling teams every week...good for the confidence though...I guess.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Has to be hard to gauge your team when you're playing struggling teams every week...good for the confidence though...I guess.

True DF64, but--we all know what is returning from a 10-0 district champ title team last year. Plus, we know these quality kid's they have from all their career (CYFL days to now). No gauging needed, trust me, APACHES ARE FOR REAL. Lock might have picked these type opponents to assure they are healthy when it really matters?

apache78
09-22-2012, 02:51 PM
YT it would have been a lot worse, but running clock the entire 2nd half, only stopped if you called a timeout. 2nd team scored once right at the beginning of the third and I don't think we touched the ball again until after 5 minutes left in the game. Amazing how time flies when your having fun. I think the only way you gauge yourself against these types of opponents is exactly the way it went last night. Complete domination in both lines; your starting RB has 206 yards at halftime, and your QB is 3 for 3 with a couple of TD's. You hate to schedule like this, but you hate to drive to Corpus or Dallas also.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I hear ya A78. And, why we schedule some descent 2A's. Closer games, quality opponent. Yes, we could play Victoria North or South, but--I think H'V and Edna would beat them. I know Calhoun had troubles finding teams to play them in our area. So, LaVernia and Somerset stepped up to tangle with them. Calhoun I admit, is salty and I see one area team dropped them ASAP. We couldn't hang with them either. GZ could of I bet.

warpath
09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Hold the press their Dawg . At the time of realignment Vic East had been in the playoffs in 4a. Bastrop was 1 year removed from a 4a quarterfinal appearance with 3 Div ! commitments,.. Sam was coming off of 3 playoff years in a row.Columbus chose Rice instead of GZ for a game, that is how the apaches ended up with Lanier. College station was a late add because Navarro chose another school to play. If you want to play 2A's, go for it. Don't understand why you feel the need to bash GZ though.

Gontex
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Hold the press their Dawg . At the time of realignment Vic East had been in the playoffs in 4a. Bastrop was 1 year removed from a 4a quarterfinal appearance with 3 Div ! commitments,.. Sam was coming off of 3 playoff years in a row.Columbus chose Rice instead of GZ for a game, that is how the apaches ended up with Lanier. College station was a late add because Navarro chose another school to play. If you want to play 2A's, go for it. Don't understand why you feel the need to bash GZ though.

Navarro was toasted by Marion last night. Guess it would have been a similar result had they chosen to play Gonzales. You never know what's going to happen in high school football from year to year. Success one year does not necessarily mean that succes is going to follow.

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Navarro was toasted by Marion last night. Guess it would have been a similar result had they chosen to play Gonzales. You never know what's going to happen in high school football from year to year. Success one year does not necessarily mean that succes is going to follow.

True Gontex. But, coaches know what their opponent will field when they schedule them. IE: Sam Houston. They lost five or so D1 prospects and their JV last year was down right pitiful. So, pretty clear they would not have nothing this year. Coaches know what an opponent will be like. Take Calhoun, they contacted numerous area 3A schools, and no one wanted any part of them. So, they had to go all the way to LaVernia and Somerset to get an opponent.

fire_it_up
09-23-2012, 09:02 AM
True Gontex. But, coaches know what their opponent will field when they schedule them. IE: Sam Houston. They lost five or so D1 prospects and their JV last year was down right pitiful. So, pretty clear they would not have nothing this year. Coaches know what an opponent will be like. Take Calhoun, they contacted numerous area 3A schools, and no one wanted any part of them. So, they had to go all the way to LaVernia and Somerset to get an opponent.

Exactly why we couldn't get quality teams on our schedule. Thanks for helping make Warpath's point! Couldn't find teams to play us.

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Exactly why we couldn't get quality teams on our schedule. Thanks for helping make Warpath's point! Couldn't find teams to play us.

I agree with him, no one wants to face that dominating Apache team. Just like Cahoun. So, they play the Victoria's, Beeville's of the world, cause forbid they lose to a quality 2A program. You can only play those that will play ya. Nice position to be in for sure.

bigcat8
09-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm sure more people called about games after the 2009 1-9 season GZ had than after 2011 season. I was told that GZ had smithville for game 3 and LG as a back up and ended up in the same district. Ended up with an open week and luckily found SH in week 5.
I agree with him, no one wants to face that dominating Apache team. Just like Cahoun. So, they play the Victoria's, Beeville's of the world, cause forbid they lose to a quality 2A program. You can only play those that will play ya. Nice position to be in for sure.