09-21-2012, 08:02 PM
West Orange-Stark 14
Jasper 0
HALF

Jasper had 89 yards, 6 first downs in the first half

WO-S is unscored on in the second half so far this season

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
just wanna point out that i said WOS by 21...

WOS87
09-21-2012, 08:49 PM
West Orange-Stark 17
Jasper 0
Late 3rd Q

WOS87
09-21-2012, 09:00 PM
West Orange-Stark 17
Jasper 0
Start of 4th Q

WOS with the ball

The WOS defense is quite stout this year

WOS87
09-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Jasper scores with 58 seconds left

West Orange-Stark 17
Jasper 7

WOS87
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
West Orange-Stark 17
Jasper 7
FINAL

WOS 258 yds total (209 passing, 49 rushing), 10 first downs, 95 yds penalties, 0 turnovers
Jasper 223 yds total (127 passing, 96 rushing), 16 first downs, 90 yds penalties, 2 turnovers

The WO-S defense is the best I've seen since the 2000 4A State Finalists... the offense.. well.. we shall see lol

This is the first season we've gone 4-0 in nondistrict with wins over three 4A teams and Jasper since our Semifinal run in 2005. Things are looking up for the Mustangs if we can keep injuries away and navigate through this hellish Region III minefield. Would adore to have some run-ins with some of our old friends from the distant past such as LaMarque, Yates and Coldspring

j_dog
09-21-2012, 09:57 PM
WO-S defense is for real. Congratulations on the win WO-S! Thank you on Jasper's behalf for the football lessons. They will help in district and hopefully for a playoff run.

j_dog
09-21-2012, 10:00 PM
just wanna point out that i said WOS by 21...
well, you did not get your spread then. :)

Jasper played a bit of defense themselves in the second half.

WOS87
09-21-2012, 10:05 PM
well, you did not get your spread then. :)

Jasper played a bit of defense themselves in the second half.

Jasper defense held their own for sure! Without those two turnovers you would have won.

WO-S allows only 20 points in the first four games... that's our best showing since 1998 when we allowed 6 in four games.

j_dog
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Jasper defense held their own for sure! Without those two turnovers you would have won.
WO-S still had to execute to capitalize; and they did. That is what the game is about. WO-S would have found a way to score more if they had needed it. They usually do!

Ironically, Jasper had been recognized for its offense. It is not quite WO-S caliber, but now it may be the defense getting some notice. I did not know if Jasper could score much on WO-S; but I fully expected that WO-S would have its hands full trying to score very much on Jasper.

WOS1
09-22-2012, 12:49 PM
WO-S still had to execute to capitalize; and they did. That is what the game is about. WO-S would have found a way to score more if they had needed it. They usually do!

Ironically, Jasper had been recognized for its offense. It is not quite WO-S caliber, but now it may be the defense getting some notice. I did not know if Jasper could score much on WO-S; but I fully expected that WO-S would have its hands full trying to score very much on Jasper.

Great game! We've had some good games in the past, but it was good to see a game like this when you knew BOTH teams are pretty good... If that makes sense... LOL

Good luck to Jasper the rest of the way!

jdawg2012
09-22-2012, 09:39 PM
All the hype about WOS's defense was true much to my dismay. I do have to say that it wasn't what I expected thought. I was expecting hard hitting, but it was all about how fast they were. If Jasper ran a play action by the time their QB would turn around after faking the handoff there would be 3 people in his face.

I am a firm believer that a loss sometimes is the best thing for a team. Makes them realize that they always need to get better. I think this will be good for Jasper. Good luck to WOS on the rest of their season.