PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado Vs. China Springs Score Update

83Indian
09-21-2012, 07:22 PM
10 minutes to kick off

83Indian
09-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Alvarado opeing 65 yard drive for a Hardy. 2 yard td run.

Alvarado 7
CS 0

83Indian
09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Alvarado 8 yard drive after cs fumbled punt snap. Hardy 5 yard td run

Alvarado 14
CS 0

5:45 left in 1st

83Indian
09-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Alvarado turnover on interception. Cs 15 yard td run

Alvarado 14
CS 6

Pat failed

2:32 left in first

83Indian
09-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Alvarado fumbles inside cs 5 yard line

83Indian
09-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Alvarado misses 28 yard fg

AHS 14
CS 6

6:36 left in half

83Indian
09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Alvarado West 20 yard td pass to Vanderhoff. 75 yard. Drive

Alvarado 21
CS 6

83Indian
09-21-2012, 08:43 PM
CS 55 yard td rive. 2 point conversion good.

Alvarado 21
C5 14

Matthew328
09-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Heard a major brawl broke out between the two teams and even some fans got involved....not good

bp80884
09-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, never seen this before. Not sure who was the instigator but if China Spring just had 5 ejected and Alvarado did not have more ejected that is a load.

I know that the Indians have had this happen before and I can't wait to see the tape.

Looked like cheap shots on kickoff, don't think they like us playing them close. I am proud of our boys, they are playing like leaders!

Matthew328
09-21-2012, 08:58 PM
This is the 2nd incident Alvarado's been involved in recently....Henderson game last year.....I can't imagine if a full scale brawl broke out Alvarado didnt have some kids ejected also

hollywood
09-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Classy game here in La Vega. Both teams playing hard to the whistle. Good football!

defense51
09-21-2012, 09:11 PM
The Indians have had way too many mistakes and are not capitalizing when we need to.

83Indian
09-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Didn't hear any announcement on any CS players kicked out. 1 alvarado player ejected. No fans involved. Can't really comment because you couldn't tell who did what. CS is playing very good aginst AHS. Wake up call for Alvarado.

BTW Coach Dixon was livid. Whoever did what is in for a long week next week.

defense51
09-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Heard a major brawl broke out between the two teams and even some fans got involved....not good
I didn't see any fans involved.

toddg
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Wow, never seen this before. Not sure who was the instigator but if China Spring just had 5 ejected and Alvarado did not have more ejected that is a load.

I know that the Indians have had this happen before and I can't wait to see the tape.

Looked like cheap shots on kickoff, don't think they like us playing them close. I am proud of our boys, they are playing like leaders!

I'm not real sure what happened it was away from the ball it looked pretty heated by the time everybody realized what was going on

Matthew328
09-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I should have said maybe some fans..

David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak
Not good at all. RT @SuperCentexcom: HUGE BRAWL. There will be ejections. Players, coaches and maybe fans in Alvarado

83Indian
09-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Alvarado 90 yard drive. West 20 yard TD pass to # 26.

Alvarado 28
CS 14

bp80884
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Classy game here in La Vega. Both teams playing hard to the whistle. Good football!

Good to hear, there are boys acting classy here but a few bad apples.

Can't believe the refs ejected 5 defensive starters from China Spring an only 1 ejection from the Indians.

If the Alvarado Indians win that will be a significant turning point and in my opinion a little "home cooking"!

83Indian
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Alvarado drives and fumbles on CS 12 yard line.

28 to 14
Less than 3 minuts to play

83Indian
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Final

Alvarado 28
CS 14

regaleagle
09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
5 to 1 on the ejections does seem a little one-sided. I find it hard to believe there was one culprit vs. five. And I think it was poor judgement to do such a one-sided call for ejections anyway, esp. away from the ball and the action. Alvarado does not need the help as it is. Not saying anything about either team, only the resulting decision.

83Indian
09-21-2012, 10:35 PM
5 to 1 on the ejections does seem a little one-sided. I find it hard to believe there was one culprit vs. five. And I think it was poor judgement to do such a one-sided call for ejections anyway, esp. away from the ball and the action. Alvarado does not need the help as it is. Not saying anything about either team, only the resulting decision.

I never saw the ejection indication for CS. They may have happened though. I'm sure we will get more insight in the next few days.

CS has a good football team nevertheless. Alvarado suffered three or four big injuries tonight. Ledger, West, and Mcneill all knocked out of the game. Defense played pretty well. Offense struggled somewaht and made three turnovers deep inside CS territory. Alvarado has to get a lot better in the next few weeks.

83Indian
09-21-2012, 11:37 PM

David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak
Not good at all. RT @SuperCentexcom: HUGE BRAWL. There will be ejections. Players, coaches and maybe fans in Alvarado

Wow and there was also an Elvis sighting

bp80884
09-22-2012, 12:22 AM
China Spring had a good game tonight, I really feel like we let that one slip away as we could have won that game with a little luck and a few plays going our way, but that is why we play the game. I would like to go back and count all of the posts that said we were going to get our butts handed to us cause that couldn't be more wrong.

Also, pretty interesting that the team that looked winded was not China Spring. We looked stronger and in better shape than Alvarado in my opinion. Alvarado either does not look like a state ranked team or China Spring looks alot better than they get credit for.

Not too impressed with the fight. I know that Alvarado has had this happen last year against Henderson so if this is on them very poor sportsmanship. If it was China Spring they should have know better.

Either way, China Spring held the Indians to 7 points in the 2nd half. With 5 defensive starters being ejected at the end of the 1st half, this is pretty impressive.

Congrats to the Indians for a good win!

rholl
09-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I dont know what happened this time but against Henderson, they waited til their butts were whipped then about 40 henderson players jumped on 5 or 6 alvarado players after a kickoff right over on henderson sideline.

83Indian
09-22-2012, 12:38 AM
China Spring had a good game tonight, I really feel like we let that one slip away as we could have won that game with a little luck and a few plays going our way, but that is why we play the game. I would like to go back and count all of the posts that said we were going to get our butts handed to us cause that couldn't be more wrong.

Also, pretty interesting that the team that looked winded was not China Spring. We looked stronger and in better shape than Alvarado in my opinion. Alvarado either does not look like a state ranked team or China Spring looks alot better than they get credit for.

Not too impressed with the fight. I know that Alvarado has had this happen last year against Henderson so if this is on them very poor sportsmanship. If it was China Spring they should have know better.

Either way, China Spring held the Indians to 7 points in the 2nd half. With 5 defensive starters being ejected at the end of the 1st half, this is pretty impressive.

China Springs played a very scrappy game tonight and should do well in District. But lets be clear. Alvarado left at least 3 TD's on the field with fumbles inside the red zone and did not execute well at all. This was not a good game for Alvarado. As far as the halftime skirmish, as with the Brawl last year with Henderson and now China Springs, lets see what comes out. You may not like what you find out. As far as being ranked as a top team in the state, we will find out in a few weeks.

ahs_indian_fan
09-22-2012, 12:44 AM
So, let me get this right. If it was Alvarado it was bad sportsmanship and if it was China Spring they should have known better? That is comical. I think the video of this game will show .... edited - doesn't matter what I saw.

China Spring let one slip away? Seriously? You realize Alvarado missed a field goal and fumbled twice inside the China Spring 10-yard line, right? Alvarado play most of the second half without their two best secondary guys (both are also big players on offense and Alvarado's qb didn't play the fourth quarter) and yet that high-powered passing attack couldn't get in the end zone. China Spring was very good and the running back was very very impressive, but there is no doubt that the better team won tonight. Congrats to both teams and hopefully lessons were learned on both sides.

bp80884
09-22-2012, 12:50 AM
China Springs played a very scrappy game tonight and should do well in District. But lets be clear. Alvarado left at least 3 TD's on the field with fumbles inside the red zone and did not execute well at all. This was not a good game for Alvarado. As far as the halftime skirmish, as with the Brawl last year with Henderson and now China Springs, lets see what comes out. You may not like what you find out. As far as being ranked as a top team in the state, we will find out in a few weeks.

Let's be clear, the Indians got handled and the Cougars kept them from scoring on those 3 TDs and in the 2nd half they did that with 5 starters out of the game. So bask in what should have been cause the Cougs should have won that game as much as the Indians should have scored on those 3tds, but neither did and Alvarado came out on top.

You are right about we may not like what comes out. I will tell you my take:
1. China Spring probably had those players in the middle of the scrum. Our leaders need to learn from this and get away from that stuff so they are not part of the aftermath. Hopefully we learned a valuable lesson.
2. If those players were a part of the fight, they deserved to be kicked out.
3. My last take is that Alvarado should have had more ejected. They were as engaged as the Cougs were if not more.
4. The refs looked like the replacement refs for the NFL. At one point, one of the idiots could not remember what side he was supposed to be on and he did this right after he personally had 2 bone head calls that hurt the Cougs!

One note, I was proud of my son as I saw him just calmly walk off the field when all of that stuff was happening. Not getting caught up in that was the right move.

83Indian
09-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Let's be clear, the Indians got handled and the Cougars kept them from scoring on those 3 TDs and in the 2nd half they did that with 5 starters out of the game. So bask in what should have been cause the Cougs should have won that game as much as the Indians should have scored on those 3tds, but neither did and Alvarado came out on top.

You are right about we may not like what comes out. I will tell you my take:
1. China Spring probably had those players in the middle of the scrum. Our leaders need to learn from this and get away from that stuff so they are not part of the aftermath. Hopefully we learned a valuable lesson.
2. If those players were a part of the fight, they deserved to be kicked out.
3. My last take is that Alvarado should have had more ejected. They were as engaged as the Cougs were if not more.
4. The refs looked like the replacement refs for the NFL. At one point, one of the idiots could not remember what side he was supposed to be on and he did this right after he personally had 2 bone head calls that hurt the Cougs!

One note, I was proud of my son as I saw him just calmly walk off the field when all of that stuff was happening. Not getting caught up in that was the right move.

I will take getting "Handled" while committing three red zone turnovers and winning by 14 any day. I would be happy too to have played that well against Alvarado.

toddg
09-22-2012, 01:08 AM

you know..in this post you try to sound objective..but when read between the lines you really are saying the the Alvarado Indians are a classless program..its shameful you paint such a broad stroke on the Indians "sportsmanship" when BOTH teams should be equally embarressed by the incident before the half.

the Indians played the sloppiest game iv seen them play in a long time, with several turnovers ending long drives..and yet we still win by 2 scores..i see now how the Cougars lost all their district games last year..close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

defense51
09-22-2012, 01:14 AM
A few breaks one way it could have been 45-14, a few breaks the other way it might have been 28-28. But in the end it was 28-14, and we obviously didn't get "handled" or the outcome would have been different. Props to CS they played well, but still only put 14 on our defense. The Indian offense did not capitalize when they needed to, that has to change! As far as the brawl goes I'm not sure how the refs decided who was ejected, I couldn't tell what was going on, who started what, or who retaliated. That being said it looks bad on both sides and I would bet there will be a little extra conditioning next week for the Indians.

bp80884
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
you know..in this post you try to sound objective..but when read between the lines you really are saying the the Alvarado Indians are a classless program..its shameful you paint such a broad stroke on the Indians "sportsmanship" when BOTH teams should be equally embarressed by the incident before the half.

the Indians played the sloppiest game iv seen them play in a long time, with several turnovers ending long drives..and yet we still win by 2 scores..i see now how the Cougars lost all their district games last year..close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Hmmm, interesting, you can read into it whatever you want as that was never said or implied. Might be a bit of a stretch. The poor sportsmanship statement was the fact that they have been in this situation before (last year) and they should have learned from that mistake. If this is on the Cougs they should have known better and I hope the coaches take care of it this week.

So, all of that said, no disrespect intended. Just my perception and as long as you are not my wife I am entitled!

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Ok here's my 2 cents.. First off the game was never close. Alvarado could have won easily by 4 scores. I thought all along CS is a good team Went and watched them play this year.. Studied game film closely. Very solid well coached team.

CS = high scoring, well coached, small, fast team.
ALV = Experienced, Well coached, big, Strong, grind it out team.

Both teams were wrong in the skirmish. Last years Henderson game was started by a team that was getting their azz handed to them by some poor little country boys from Alvarado. This was proven via film. Last night was no different. Both teams were annoyed going into half. CS wasn't used to being down like that or not scoring as they were used to. Alvarado was upset due to playing sloppy.

Here's your stats. Read into what you want. Looks like a domination to me.. Take away the fumbles and we whip CS pretty bad. Heck our slow fat RB #8 even put 175 yd's rushing and 2 TD's on CS. lol.. I can say that. He's mine. And he will be severely beaten for fumbling after a big run lol.

http://www.star-telegram.com/1153/index.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&ID=24212&Sport=1&TeamID=&SearchType=Teams

Improvements? Yes Alvarado needs to polish more and heal from bumps and bruises.

Good luck next week. We need to get our butts back to work.

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Good win Indians. We can play later this year for CS's and LV's district championship.

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Sounds like a bunch of poor mouthing by Alvardo fans looking for an excuse for having their heads handed to them in the 2nd half by a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers. FIVE straight possession stopped by the makeshift D. Yea and you just didn't drop the ball, they were FORCED fumbles.

The fight was started by Alvarado plain and simple. Cherry picking on the pile after a kickoff and you singled out the wrong person to pick. The lopside ejection is a joke. The ENTIRE Alvarado team was on the field and only ONE ejection. We had several kids kicked out for pulling thier OWN teammates out of the fight. I have no problem with ejections for fighting but it takes two to tango.

Alvarado is the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. All you had to do was line up and bulldoze CS at will but you resort to cherry picking piles and behind the play and the almost automatic chop blocks on EVERY Play. Total Crap. Yea you won but quit the "we didn't play well" noise. It was your Homecoming and you had a huge crowd. You were playing an over matched team. What other excuse do you need?

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Good win Indians. We can play later this year for CS's and LV's district championship.

Go back to 4 A where you belong.

IndianFan2012
09-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a bunch of poor mouthing by Alvardo fans looking for an excuse for having their heads handed to them in the 2nd half by a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers. FIVE straight possession stopped by the makeshift D. Yea and you just didn't drop the ball, they were FORCED fumbles.

The fight was started by Alvarado plain and simple. Cherry picking on the pile after a kickoff and you singled out the wrong person to pick. The lopside ejection is a joke. The ENTIRE Alvarado team was on the field and only ONE ejection. We had several kids kicked out for pulling thier OWN teammates out of the fight. I have no problem with ejections for fighting but it takes two to tango.

Alvarado is the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. All you had to do was line up and bulldoze CS at will but you resort to cherry picking piles and behind the play and the almost automatic chop blocks on EVERY Play. Total Crap. Yea you won but quit the "we didn't play well" noise. It was your Homecoming and you had a huge crowd. You were playing an over matched team. What other excuse do you need?

I've been lurking this thread on my phone and I had to get up and get my laptop to reply to these outrageous kitty cats. That fight was wrong but from what I saw, I may be wrong and please tell me if I am, 66 was manhandling a CS player. 66 hit him square in the chest and was still pursuing the tackle when the CS player tripped over his teammate. It looked like a heated tackle and when the CS players got up they jumped on 66. Now, this part may not be true but from what I saw and what the two guys behind, who were from another town and just came to watch the match up, CS players that had jumped on 66 were throwing stomps.

defense51
09-22-2012, 09:09 AM

Damn, you sound angry Rabid Cougar...

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Damn, you sound angry Rabid Cougar...

It does make me angry. I am angry at certain players on our team for acting like that. But I really don't like fans of an obviously better team poor mouthing their team. This Alvarado team reminds me of the '06 Liberty Hill team, just load up and run people over. Just cut out all the "extra" stuff. There is no need for it.

defense51
09-22-2012, 09:46 AM

David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak
According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram there was a China Spring fan ejected, I wasn't aware of that.

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2012, 09:52 AM
According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram there was a China Spring fan ejected, I wasn't aware of that.

CS Administrator was ejected in the 3rd Qtr for comments made to the Side Judge about a call or non-call. Not related to the fight.
There were no fans involved at all.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Go back to 4 A where you belong.Rabid Cougar, Do you need a hug?

You're right Alvarado could have pile driven that poor little kitty cat team. There is a reason your team lost 5 players! because they were putting in the "cheap"shots im sure. Quit crying and go lick your wounds. I don't get riled up to easy but my man you sure have me that way.. Alvarado has been 3 A for 5 or 6 yrs. A poor town at that. Just because we have HUGE crowds and CS has puny crowds doesn't make Alvarado 3A. We have spirit, a winning club and not a bunch of cry baby fans. Not all are cry babies but you are MR COUGAR.

We don't poor mouth our team. We know what we have and we don't make excuses for poor play.. We could have won by as many as we wanted.. Coach used nothing to show other teams just so you know.

Speaking of poor sportsmanship. NO ALVARADO FAN WAS EJECTED. But guess who had one? There Ill go back to being nice again. Sorry!

vtskneb
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Rabid Cougar, Do you need a hug?

You're right Alvarado could have pile driven that poor little kitty cat team. There is a reason your team lost 5 players! because they were putting in the "cheap"shots im sure. Quit crying and go lick your wounds. I don't get riled up to easy but my man you sure have me that way.. Alvarado has been 3 A for 5 or 6 yrs. A poor town at that. Just because we have HUGE crowds and CS has puny crowds doesn't make Alvarado 3A. We have spirit, a winning club and not a bunch of cry baby fans. Not all are cry babies but you are MR COUGAR.

We don't poor mouth our team. We know what we have and we don't make excuses for poor play.. We could have won by as many as we wanted.. Coach used nothing to show other teams just so you know.

Speaking of poor sportsmanship. NO ALVARADO FAN WAS EJECTED. But guess who had one? There Ill go back to being nice again. Sorry!

I think he was talking to me LOL. Its okay, Alvarado and Stephenville can play each other for La Vega/China Springs' distrcit championship in a few weeks. :)

bp80884
09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
CS Administrator was ejected in the 3rd Qtr for comments made to the Side Judge about a call or non-call. Not related to the fight.
There were no fans involved at all.

The administrator actually said "watch the end, he is holding" and the official was still trying to get control of the game. I was right beside him on the field when it happened. And they were not ejected, they just had to leave the sideline. That official was rather testy the entire night. He told us on the side line we could not say anything like "good play" or root the boys on at all.

By the way, I am watching the video an number 46 for the Indies went after a Cougar and I would say he targeted him too. Looked at him the whole way and then pushed him over another player that was down and then the brawl started. Cheap play by the player!

rholl
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
No way!!!!!! #46 for the Indians LOOKED at a player the whole way then pushed him down????? Yep sounds cheap to me!!! Lol. You CS people crack me up!!! He looked at him!!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM

Dude you really need to learn how to read a thread.

Matthew328
09-22-2012, 05:13 PM
lets get some video posted! LOL

lets get some video posted! LOL

CS got wooped

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-22-2012, 06:39 PM
CS got woopedI cant wait til we play Stephenville. What a packed house we will have. Going to be exciting win or lose. Congrats on the win over LV. Good luck next week.

toddg
09-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Hmmm, interesting, you can read into it whatever you want as that was never said or implied. Might be a bit of a stretch. The poor sportsmanship statement was the fact that they have been in this situation before (last year) and they should have learned from that mistake. If this is on the Cougs they should have known better and I hope the coaches take care of it this week.

So, all of that said, no disrespect intended. Just my perception and as long as you are not my wife I am entitled!

if i misunderstood your statement..I stand corrected. good luck to the Cougars as they start district play in a couple of weeks.

Pirate Fan
09-22-2012, 07:28 PM

All ive heard is excuses give a team credit and move on.

Old Timer
09-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Ok, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can't listen to your spewing any longer. Your comment about the so called "automatic chop blocks" make me cringe. Please educate your ignorant self on the rules. I have provided a link to a PowerPoint that you and others like you who really know nothing about offensive line blocking should read. Your lack of intelligent comments/thought nearly made me laugh. Please follow the link, share the information with your friends, and STOP crying about offensive linemen cutting the defense. It's legal and, according to the final score, effective.

http://www.gregorydoublewing.com/free_blocking_zone_rule_explination.ppt

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
A hi/lo moron! By the way...2 of the five ejected were never on the field....sideline the whole time. Refs also called a personal foul second half ins cs kid that was in locker-room....ejected at half. Sorry place to play...
Dirty team.....they are NO liberty hill of 06. Liberty hill plays with class!!!!!!!

defense51
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
A hi/lo moron! By the way...2 of the five ejected were never on the field....sideline the whole time. Refs also called a personal foul second half ins cs kid that was in locker-room....ejected at half. Sorry place to play...
Dirty team.....they are NO liberty hill of 06. Liberty hill plays with class!!!!!!!

:bigcry::blahblah:

toddg
09-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Team stats

China Spring
Alvarado

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds
29/45
50/323

Average rush

Comp-Att-Int
13-32-1
5-10-1

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles-Lost
2-0
2-2

Penalties-yards
11-88
9-90

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/1153/index.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&ID=24212&Sport=1&TeamID=&SearchType=Teams#storylink=cpy

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Played Celina...a. Kylie....la vega...cuero

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Played Celina...a. wylie....la vega...cuero.....Alvarado has nothing on these programs....Nascar Trash!

toddg
09-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Played Celina...a. wylie....la vega...cuero.....Alvarado has nothing on these programs....Nascar Trash!

:dispntd:

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Mohawks....chants in pre-game "we are gonna f them in the a#$hole for all people to hear....including my 8 year old son...pure undisclipline trash. Why don't you Alvarado posters post video of mexia tape of lineman throwing multiple punches to d lineman ribs and head butting on ground. You won the game.....
Congrats......but your program will never get the respect that you want.....you will never win the big game with the discipline that you display. You will be a program that will dissapear like a fart in the wind. Good luck Ville and Glen Rose......beat the piss out of these WANNABES! !!!!

defense51
09-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Mohawks....chants in pre-game "we are gonna f them in the a#$hole for all people to hear....including my 8 year old son...pure undisclipline trash. Why don't you Alvarado posters post video of mexia tape of lineman throwing multiple punches to d lineman ribs and head butting on ground. You won the game.....
Congrats......but your program will never get the respect that you want.....you will never win the big game with the discipline that you display. You will be a program that will dissapear like a fart in the wind. Good luck Ville and Glen Rose......beat the piss out of these WANNABES! !!!!

You seem somewhat bitter...we both know those chants never happened!

Sville
09-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I dont know what happened in the CS game but it must of got heated. I went and watched the first half of FW Southwest v Alvarado game and didn't see or hear any of that stuff.

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Dont misunderstand me.....this was a good hard fought game. Alvarado has a BIG physical team that is very good. However.....I have ZERO respect for that program. The better team that night won.....but I will take my cougars and what they will accomplish in REAL LIFE anyday! Alvarado.....enjoy this short run of success.....go Ville and Glen Rose!

ahs_indian_fan
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM

Lol! My guess is you are the ADMINISTRATOR who was thrown out. Alvarado has no class? Funny when CS folks are the ones with the name calling and continuous whining. The game is over ... Doesn't matter if Alvarado won by 1 or 60, they are 4-0. Now move on. I will be glad when next year comes and goes because this is nothing more than a 2-year agreement and we won't have to put up with this nonsense again.
I'm also curious, did your 8-year old hear what CS coaches were saying to the guys working the chains? Just curious ... might want to ask him.

defense51
09-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Dont misunderstand me.....this was a good hard fought game. Alvarado has a BIG physical team that is very good. However.....I have ZERO respect for that program. The better team that night won.....but I will take my cougars and what they will accomplish in REAL LIFE anyday! Alvarado.....enjoy this short run of success.....go Ville and Glen Rose!
Apparently someone diidn't get their weekly counseling session this week...:crying:

watz4dinner
09-22-2012, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;1696361]You seem somewhat bitter...we both know those chants never happened![/QUOTE

100% it happened.......explain that language/action to an 8 year old. Embaressed? If your not......than typical Alvarado!!!!!

defense51
09-23-2012, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=defense51;1696361]You seem somewhat bitter...we both know those chants never happened![/QUOTE

100% it happened.......explain that language/action to an 8 year old. Embaressed? If your not......than typical Alvarado!!!!!

You are absolutely delusional! And the sad part is you would use your 8 year old son as a pawn over a lost football game!

toddg
09-23-2012, 12:38 AM

Glen Rose has been district rival of Alvarado for some time, and we have been with Stephenville in a district before..though competative, there is no, nor will there ever be HATE between Alvarado and those 2 towns/schools..so please refrain from using them in your obvious "hate" filled posts..i highly doubt they share your sentiments. thank you.

IndianFan2012
09-23-2012, 01:22 AM

I think watz4dinner is the new Lions88.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Yes... lets give little Johnny his consolation trophy. lol.. He deserves it for showing up. Heres your cookie..

Rabid Cougar
09-23-2012, 12:56 PM
No message.

PurpleReign2011
09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Now look, i have only read bits and pieces of this. But I just want to get on here and clear some stuff up. This is coming from someone who is involved with the team and has a clue what happened. First off, Alvarado went into this game with a healthy respect for China Spring's program and their history. This incident that took place was unfortunate for both sides. Both teams are at fault, no excuses from Alvarado. The altercation started with three players from China Spring and unfortunately escalated from there, involving players form both sides. FACTS: 1.)Alvarado does not, has not, and will not chant any profanity before, during, or after a game while under this head coach. 2.)Alvarado had one player ejected by the officials, and another ejected by the head coach. China Spring had five players ejected by the officials. Alvarado did not eject the players from China Spring, the officials did, so Alvarado should not be held accountable for a decision made by the officials. 3.)Three of the players from China Spring started the altercation. All players involved, at least on the Alvarado side, will be punished. 4.) The community of Alvarado was very supportive of their team during the game, and behaved themselves during the game. In no way is the community deserving of any criticism brought about by the actions of some 16 year old kids. 5.) No negative comments made about the program in previous posts are accurate. This is a program that conducts itself with class, and has been complemented on numerous occasions. Alvarado is about physical football, playing with class and intensity, and competing to win. We will make no apologies for that. It should be embarrassing for both programs, and it certainly is for Alvarado. Adults on this forum from both sides need to be aware that these are young kids, and attacking their character on an open forum is in itself of poor character. We as a program wish China Spring good luck on their season. We hope that they can put this behind them, as we have.

BTW: The way we block is not illegal. It is not a chop block because our offensive linemen are not engaged with their players when they are cut. It does not matter if they are engaged with us, we are not engaged with them.

FB-fanatic
09-23-2012, 01:57 PM

I have all the respect in the world for players and parents, but I don't think your AD sets a very good example sometimes for the program. Just ask the Waco area referee association, who draw straws on Friday to see who has to go to CS and stand near your coach.

Rabid Cougar
09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I have all the respect in the world for players and parents, but I don't think your AD sets a very good example sometimes for the program. Just ask the Waco area referee association, who draw straws on Friday to see who has to go to CS and stand near your coach.

Its Sunday, so my self imposed rule of one day to comment on the past Friday is implemented and am looking forward to the next week. However, in defense of our AD/HC , he has never condoned this type of conduct by his team, ever! As far as standing next to him, I am kinda with him. Call the ball game by the rules and there are no problems.