PDA

View Full Version : Hoops Playoffs....

Matthew328
02-13-2002, 07:54 AM
As soon as the full brackets are available I'll post em...also look for Regional playoff previews and picks of the playoff games as the postseason cranks up next week...brackets should be available by Sat. everyone's season is done but playoff games for ties will be played Friday

toby070
02-13-2002, 09:14 AM
I'm hoping my Texans can stick around long enough to get a rematch with Hempstead. Last year's game between those two teams was the best one I saw all year.

Jacket2000
02-13-2002, 12:31 PM
What? Basketball is STILL going on?? Man, how long can you play a sport that uses a round ball?? LOL
J2K

toby070
02-13-2002, 02:22 PM
A better question is, has soccer really started? Those poor kids running around in shorts on a cold night....can't be fun!

Jacket2000
02-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Soccer??!! They're calling that a sport too?
What a sad state of affairs this is!
J2K

deliriousmaniac
02-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Aledo actually made the playoffs in basketball. We have to have the worst bball district in the state. If we can make the playoffs and lose to 2A and 1A schools by double digits, that sais alot about district 7-3A and it's hoops abilitys. Ohh well, 2 years in a row for Aledo. I can't wait to watch them play North Crowley and Crowley next year..YEOW!

Adidas410s
02-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Wylie's boys made the playoffs as well. They finished 20-7 overall and 7-3 in district. Pretty impressive for a team that graduated 9 or 10 seniors last year. Granted that team went 2-8 in district though. Just a thought, does anyone think that success in the playoffs in football makes it harder on the basketball team? Wylie's boys had a good team last year, but they only had 3 varsity players playing before the Christmas break because of football. This year, they lose in the first round in football and have a good basketball team. I must add that they only have 4 or 5 guys on the b-ball team that played varsity football this year. Just thought I would see if this was a trend that occured at many schools, or if it was just a coincidence.

Matthew328
02-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Naa I don't think so...Everman for example made it to the state semis last year in football and made it to the state qtrfinals last year in hoops...this year they won it in football and are number one in hoops..and they have quite a few football players that play basketball