PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs. Smithville

TigerForever
09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Anyone have any comments on this battle of the two Tigers?

It appears Smithville is much improved, and Sealy is still pretty banged up, but Sealy’s sophomore QB looked like he gained some confidence against Cleveland last Friday.

I will go with Sealy by 10.

Pudlugger
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Sealy by 7

buff4ever
09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Jr will be back, he didn't want to hear anything about LH game, but he will be back. I don't know who to pick in this one, I lean to sealy.

hookandladder
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
This will be an interesting matchup, talked to some Smithville people about the LH game. They said the team played as if they did not have any shot at beating LH, said they were beat before the game started. Game is at Smithville , so could go either way but I would have to lean toward Sealy also.

buff4ever
09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
why would anybody play like that? I don't get that. Did they come out, then give up, or did they never come out?

Rattler
09-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Smithville by 14

hookandladder
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
why would anybody play like that? I don't get that. Did they come out, then give up, or did they never come out?

This came from a fan , so maybe it was just an excuse for them losing big to them.

Bassact
09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Taking sealy in this one. But it will be a good game..
Sealy is average without RSJ.. But they still have athletes and will probably become a better overall team in his absence..
Not sure what to say about Smithville. Think the LH game was a wake up call.. We'll see how all those returning players respond..
H&L - don't think they came out thinking they couldn't win the game. LH took the opening KO and drove it down the field for a TD, Smithville went 3 and out then LH drove it down for another quick score and put them in a 14-0 hole in a hurry.. From their they lost all composure and it snowballed on them.
Smithville has some athletes and showed signs of what got them to 2-0, but not being in a lot of battles showed. If they figure out not to look at the score board and just keep playing they'll be fine..

txsportswriter
09-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Gotta go with Sealy in this one by 3 scores. Lets say 35-14.

hookandladder
09-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Taking sealy in this one. But it will be a good game..
Sealy is average without RSJ.. But they still have athletes and will probably become a better overall team in his absence..
Not sure what to say about Smithville. Think the LH game was a wake up call.. We'll see how all those returning players respond..
H&L - don't think they came out thinking they couldn't win the game. LH took the opening KO and drove it down the field for a TD, Smithville went 3 and out then LH drove it down for another quick score and put them in a 14-0 hole in a hurry.. From their they lost all composure and it snowballed on them.
Smithville has some athletes and showed signs of what got them to 2-0, but not being in a lot of battles showed. If they figure out not to look at the score board and just keep playing they'll be fine..

Sounds about right to me, in beating Smithville you need to jump on them early. With the game in Smithville that will be key for Sealy , they will need to take it to them early or Berrry Field is a hard place to get a win.

Lombardi
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Does smithville also have injuries??

garciap77
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Sealy by 7 :2thumbsup

hookandladder
09-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Does smithville also have injuries??

The Satesman had Smithville-LH box score and I was surprised that I did not see the Morris kid from Smithville with any carries, maybe he did not get any touches in that game.

panfan
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
The Satesman had Smithville-LH box score and I was surprised that I did not see the Morris kid from Smithville with any carries, maybe he did not get any touches in that game.

It said he had 8 carries. Jackson got the bulk of the carries.

teetle
09-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Jimmie bes havvings somethings fors Smithville. He know whats he bes doin. He gots its goings on.:vrycnfsd::flaming::(:taunt:

hookandladder
09-19-2012, 02:46 PM
It said he had 8 carries. Jackson got the bulk of the carries.

Thanks, I guess I missed that.

panfan
09-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks, I guess I missed that.

After thinking about our scrimmage and our game against the two teams, and having the opportunity to watch both team, I think Smithville pulls this one out by a field goal. Sealy seems to be one dimentional, and that one dimension is on the sideline. I have a strong feeling we did not see the Smithville team that everyone else has seen during our game. Good luck to both teams. Will be interested to see how this one turns out.

ogg
09-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Have to go with Smithville, RS-J out.

zebrablue2
09-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Smithville by 6.

hookandladder
09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
After thinking about our scrimmage and our game against the two teams, and having the opportunity to watch both team, I think Smithville pulls this one out by a field goal. Sealy seems to be one dimentional, and that one dimension is on the sideline. I have a strong feeling we did not see the Smithville team that everyone else has seen during our game. Good luck to both teams. Will be interested to see how this one turns out.

Not taking anything away from RSJ but I think Sealy would be a better team if he did not play QB, I was at the Navasota- Sealy playoff game last year and Navasota put two guys on RSJ after the first half. RSJ and Sealy offense had no answer when they shut RSJ's running down, Sealy has some very good RB's and I would use RSJ as a recevier with him in motion and using him as another runnng threat and passing it to him. This would be my arm chair coaching idea , just think he is very limited at QB even with his great talent. The more talented , well coached teams will stop him at QB.

OLE'BULL
09-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Not taking anything away from RSJ but I think Sealy would be a better team if he did not play QB, I was at the Navasota- Sealy playoff game last year and Navasota put two guys on RSJ after the first half. RSJ and Sealy offense had no answer when they shut RSJ's running down, Sealy has some very good RB's and I would use RSJ as a recevier with him in motion and using him as another runnng threat and passing it to him. This would be my arm chair coaching idea , just think he is very limited at QB even with his great talent. The more talented , well coached teams will stop him at QB.

I did not see the game you are talking about, but I agree with keeping him at receiver. Depending on what defense a team runs, they could spy him w/ one or to LB's, and he would be shut down. Put him at receiver and they can get him active and moving. It is tough for a defense to stop a guy that can take a handoff in motion, a reverse, a pass, etc. The opportunities are endless with him at receiver. They have a great #2 QB how throws almost as good, if not as good, as RSJ. I know he's hurt right now but I am guessing he will be back. Put him at QB, RSJ at WR, J Davis at RB, you have got a pretty talented set of skill guys. I would put those 3 against most in the state...

TigerForever
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I did not see the game you are talking about, but I agree with keeping him at receiver. Depending on what defense a team runs, they could spy him w/ one or to LB's, and he would be shut down. Put him at receiver and they can get him active and moving. It is tough for a defense to stop a guy that can take a handoff in motion, a reverse, a pass, etc. The opportunities are endless with him at receiver. They have a great #2 QB how throws almost as good, if not as good, as RSJ. I know he's hurt right now but I am guessing he will be back. Put him at QB, RSJ at WR, J Davis at RB, you have got a pretty talented set of skill guys. I would put those 3 against most in the state...

Anyone have any updates on the status of RJS?

The last I heard it was still out 6 - 8 weeks, which could have him back end of October, or maybe not at all. :crying:

hookandladder
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM

Also the other RB # 3 for Sealy along with their stud looking freshman #22 , they have many weapons to use on offense. I will have to say , sometimes Coach Mitchell calls some interesting plays in key situations. Any time I would have 3rd and short , I am putting the ball in RSJ or Jowan Davis hands.

txsportswriter
09-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I still say... Sealy in this one by 3 scores. Lets say 35-14.

957tiger
09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Sealy had to revamp both sides of the ball after losing four starters. The Cleveland game was an important game for the "new " look Tigers. Einkauf looked confidant taking snaps and made mostly good decisions all night. Seven different receivers caught balls. RB D'Andre Cardell stepped up and was key in the running game. The defense stopped a far bigger and faster team and allowed only 140 total yards. All this on a wet, sloppy field. Have to agree with an earlier post not having RS-J may make this team less one-dimensional. The boys accepted the fact they have to make things happen if they want to have a successful season. I like what I'm seeing. Tonight will be another big test for the Tigers. Check out some of the action at www.sealysports.com Should be a good game tonight.

sTxforlife
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I say Sealy by 3 or 4 tds, Sealy's defense is very underrated I feel and I think they come through in a big way tonight and gain some much needed momentum heading into district play.

millcreek
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I say Sealy by 3 or 4 tds, Sealy's defense is very underrated I feel and I think they come through in a big way tonight and gain some much needed momentum heading into district play.

I agree!! Those boys were ALL IN last week. Coaches were so proud of our Tigers for stepping up and making big plays. Yes we miss our seniors but, like you said, district play starts next week and they all need playing time and as many touches as possible.

LET'S GO SEALY!!!!

buff4ever
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Smithvile re-establishes some relivance IF they can win this game, but if they don't bounce back against a less than 100% Sealy, then i don't know

TigerForever
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Smithville by 14

Rattler nailed it.

Sealy 28
Smithville 14

On to Royal.

RSJ says he will be back by Columbus. We will see.