PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 3 GotW: Wimberley(1-2) Vs. La Vernia(1-2)

Yoe_09
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Wimberley(1-2)
W 27-26 over Llano
L 31-26 to Giddings
L 28-13 to Dripping Sings

Vs.

La Vernia(1-2)
L 40-13 to Medina Valley
L 56-40 to Port Lavaca Calhoun
W 14-13 over Canyon Lake

Thoughts and Predictions?

hookandladder
09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Wimberley(1-2)
W 27-26 over Llano
L 31-26 to Giddings
L 28-13 to Dripping Sings

Vs.

La Vernia(1-2)
L 40-13 to Medina Valley
L 56-40 to Port Lavaca Calhoun
W 14-13 over Canyon Lake

Thoughts and Predictions?

I say Smithville - Sealy would have been a better pick for GotW, guess I should vote next time. Kinda like American Statesman not carrying our area in their paper, kinda s_ _ ks.

YTBulldogs
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Should be good close game. Not sure if LV has any players out after getting pounded by 4A Calhoun. But, they did give them a heck of a game.

LV 28
WT 20

bulldog82
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I say Smithville - Sealy would have been a better pick for GotW, guess I should vote next time. Kinda like American Statesman not carrying our area in their paper, kinda s_ _ ks.

I agree !

Roughneck93
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Wimberley by 10.

Papá Oso
09-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Should be good close game. Not sure if LV has any players out after getting pounded by 4A Calhoun. But, they did give them a heck of a game.

LV 28
WT 20

Came out of Calhoun all right but had a couple very costly injury's at Canyon Lake this past week, no time the dwell though...next man up. Going to be a close game IMO, I'll wait a couple more days to think about it. This will be the only regular season meeting pitting 2 of the 4 regional finalist from last year in region 4 so I think it's worthy of Gotw status. One thing I will say is that Wimbo will have the 3rd biggest lines we've seen this year, MV and Calhoun were huge.

PO

txsportswriter
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Both teams will make the playoffs this season, but I don't see them getting past the first two rounds. Bo does a good job with what he has and I still think Wimberley is WAY DOWN compared to last year's squad. So with that said, I'm taking La Vernia in this matchup in a low scoring affair, 21-14.

hookandladder
09-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Wimberley by 2 or 3 TD's.

garciap77
09-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Wimberley:2thumbsup

Tejastrue
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
We've had three very hard fought games in a row. No reason to think this will be any different. Defense is coming around and I don't believe the offense is as bad as some may think. We will win this game and by the 4th qtr I really don't believe it will be close.

buff4ever
09-18-2012, 09:11 AM
We've had three very hard fought games in a row. No reason to think this will be any different. Defense is coming around and I don't believe the offense is as bad as some may think. We will win this game and by the 4th qtr I really don't believe it will be close.

I agree here, Wimberley rises above in this one. Time to start putting things together before district gets here.

Pudlugger
09-18-2012, 10:49 AM

LV 28
WT 20

+1 :stirpot:

hollywood
09-18-2012, 11:04 AM

LV 28
WT 20

+1 :stirpot:

I like Wimberley. This is the week they start putting it together, but it may not be quite enough yet. La Vernia will bring it.

I agree.. LV by 7+... hope I'm wrong.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I agree here, Wimberley rises above in this one. Time to start putting things together before district gets here.

Odd, I see Bo and his Boy's doing the same here. Should be a nice, hard hitting affair. LV win's it late. Appears WT still trying to figure out what's going on, based on WT poster's on here.

Tejastrue
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Fortunately, it's not us Wimberley posters coaching these kids.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Fortunately, it's not us Wimberley posters coaching these kids.

True that, but--over the year's you WT poster's have been dead on in assessment of your team and issue's with the team.

Tejastrue
09-18-2012, 12:30 PM
True that, but--over the year's you WT poster's have been dead on in assessment of your team and issue's with the team.

We are just too damn honest I guess Lol..but I'm telling you..and this is no disrespect to the LV team.. but we will win this game for many reasons. That's just how strongly I feel.

Manso/V8
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I am going with WT by a TD in this one.

1st and goal
09-18-2012, 01:57 PM
If Wimberley is healthy, and they come to play, I say Wimbo by 10+.

hollywood
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
We are just too damn honest I guess Lol..but I'm telling you..and this is no disrespect to the LV team.. but we will win this game for many reasons. That's just how strongly I feel.

If feelings from fans won games... we'd all be rich!

Tejastrue
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
If feelings from fans won games... we'd all be rich!

So true..but if you go into a game believing you are going to lose then you already have.

Rattler
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Wimberley by 7

ogg
09-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Wimberley by a bunch.

LV_Bearfan
09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
La Vernia and Wimberley will both have nice playoff runs unless one beats the other.......perhaps even deeper runs (again) than either Sealy or Smithville!

hollywood
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
So true..but if you go into a game believing you are going to lose then you already have.

As a player, YES!
As a fan, NO! Humble pie is easier to swallow as a fan than as a player. Fans can't make the plays as the players can that play the game.

:D If that makes sense.

ccmom
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
As a player, YES!
As a fan, NO! Humble pie is easier to swallow as a fan than as a player. Fans can't make the plays as the players can that play the game.

Clear as mud!!:doh:

LHPfactory
09-19-2012, 02:45 PM

I agree on Smithville n Sealy for GOTW,.

Wimberley's game next week needs to be a GOTW for sure, Its a fierce old rivalry and has been dormant for 2 years now.
The 2 teams are 3-3 in the last 6 meetings...... It should be a good un for sure.... wild guess on who WT will be playing next week...

Oh back to this week, WT wins big.

Tejastrue
09-19-2012, 03:45 PM
As a player, YES!

"Clear as mud" like ccmom said. Some of us around here live and die Wimberley football. I betcha there are a lot of other "fans" on here that do the same for their team/school. I would also think the majority are parents of kids who play/played. :wave:

defense51
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Wimberley by 7

bulldog82
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Another L for WT

Tejastrue
09-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Another L for WT

Hey bulldog... please keep that Bandera bad karma to yourself.

Tejastrue
09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah bulldog..Happy Birthday!

bulldog82
09-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah bulldog..Happy Birthday!

Ha I wished for a WT loss ! Oh crap now it won't come true. Have an injury free game ! Don't want any excusses come 10/12/12

Gone Fishing
09-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Wimberley Wins this game. Hey, Tejas, Wimbo, lbjacj, rb585, ogg, and a few others, I won't bore you with why I know this, but if you go to the game you will see why....

ogg
09-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Wimberley Wins this game. Hey, Tejas, Wimbo, lbjacj, rb585, ogg, and a few others, I won't bore you with why I know this, but if you go to the game you will see why....

Our receivers incorporated hand glue?

Gone Fishing
09-20-2012, 08:08 AM

In a way, yes.

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 09:58 AM

You don't need to convince me GF. I feel the same way. :wave:

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Coaches purchased the Lester Hayes "stickum" discount special in bulk. Guaranteed to be complete! Lol...

lbjacj
09-20-2012, 03:47 PM
In a way, yes.

I think it has more to do with Nelms riding their a$$es than glue! Like I said after the Drip game the boys execution was unTexanlike! 9 punts? Don't see it happening again!

Texans by 7!

PS- I'm getting paid to Qwixcore the Texans games by Maxpreps.com so I won't miss any games.

Gone Fishing
09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
In a way, yes.

I think it has more to do with Nelms riding their a$$es than glue! Like I said after the Drip game the boys execution was unTexanlike! 9 punts? Don't see it happening again!

Texans by 7!

PS- I'm getting paid to Qwixcore the Texans games by Maxpreps.com so I won't miss any games.

I'm pretty sure Nelms has been riding the young guys a$$es since two a days. It just isn't happening with some that I'm sure the coaches were hoping on. Our receivers are not good and have no play makers. (the move up TE looks pretty good)

How many thousands each week do you get paid to work for them, where do you sign up. LOL

lbjacj
09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Nelms has been riding the young guys a$$es since two a days. It just isn't happening with some that I'm sure the coaches were hoping on. Our receivers are not good and have no play makers. (the move up TE looks pretty good)

How many thousands each week do you get paid to work for them, where do you sign up. LOL
$30 per game and I got the year locked down:)

rb585
09-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Nelms has been riding the young guys a$$es since two a days. It just isn't happening with some that I'm sure the coaches were hoping on. Our receivers are not good and have no play makers.

We don't have a Blakemore, but I think Rainwater could be a playmaker.

Gone Fishing
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
$30 per game and I got the year locked down:)

Darn it.

Gone Fishing
09-20-2012, 06:15 PM

We don't have Blakemore he graduated, but we have playmakers. Don't be surprised if you see some players moving around in these next two weeks, offense and defense. Skill players and O -line and secondary. ..

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 08:45 PM

+1 ...

Papá Oso
09-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Freshman
LV - 42
WT - 0

JV
LV - 29
WT - 6

:clap:

Tejastrue
09-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Congrats on the wins but it means absolutely nothing in regards to tomorrow night. :wave:

rb585
09-20-2012, 10:53 PM
I know our freshman are bad, but I was under the impression that our JV was really good...

Does this mean those 11 JV kids will be on the varsity again tomorrow night?

Gone Fishing
09-21-2012, 06:15 AM
I know our freshman are bad, but I was under the impression that our JV was really good...

Does this mean those 11 JV kids will be on the varsity again tomorrow night?

No, Just one, a O Linemen.

bulldog82
09-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Freshman
LV - 42
WT - 0

JV
LV - 29
WT - 6

Sign of things to come !

Gone Fishing
09-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Sign of things to come !

Not this time Bulldog, not this time. Giddings is in most top rankings and Dripping is a good 4A team.

YTBulldogs
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Appears Bo Robinson has the Bears believing again. No quit in them, regardless who they play. Another deep run seems likely for LV. Tonights game will feature some real "pops" from both teams IMO. Good luck to both.

LHPfactory
09-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Freshman
LV - 42
WT - 0

JV
LV - 29
WT - 6

How is WT 8th A team looking?, how did they do last night?

rb585
09-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Can any of you LV folks recommend a place to eat?

LV_Bearfan
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Can any of you LV folks recommend a place to eat?

Any of the Mexican places in town are pretty decent. Busy Bear has all-around good food. There's a small Chinese place on the right past Whittey's and the Steak House as you head east out of town. They have very good food. Caparelli's is decent for Italian.

LV_Bearfan
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Any of the Mexican places in town are pretty decent. Busy Bear has all-around good food. There's a small Chinese place on the right past Whittey's and the Steak House as you head east out of town. They have very good food. Caparelli's is decent for Italian.

To be clear, I'd recommend Busy Bear (Mexican+other), the Chinese Place, and to some extent, Caparelli's. The other Mexican food places in town are supposed to be good too, but I haven't eaten at them much.

Gone Fishing
09-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Appears Bo Robinson has the Bears believing again. No quit in them, regardless who they play. Another deep run seems likely for LV. Tonights game will feature some real "pops" from both teams IMO. Good luck to both.

Thanks for the good luck, YT

Gone Fishing
09-21-2012, 01:14 PM
How is WT 8th A team looking?, how did they do last night?

WT 8th won, don't think LV scored.

buff4ever
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I will be disappointed if Wimberley doesn't win this game by 14.

Tejastrue
09-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Good luck tonight La Vernia! Should be an entertaining game.

Papá Oso
09-21-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm seeing a couple turnovers being the difference in the game, just hoping we are on the right side of those. I'll take LV in a close one 24-19.

Good luck and safe travels to the WT fans headed our way this evening.

PO

Papá Oso
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Pick 6 for WT, 14-0 and another int by the Bears as I type. smh

Papá Oso
09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Bears hold after TO. 14-0 WT end of 1st.

Papá Oso
09-21-2012, 08:33 PM
LV turns 2 WT turnovers in 10 points in 2nd quater. After about as bad a offensive half as I've seen the bears play in a long time its 14-10 at half.

bulldog82
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Sounds like ya'll still have some problems to work out, but hey it's a W. We got our first W of season, had to pick on a struggling 2a, but then we're a dumbfounded 3a. Guess we'll see how we'll match up against LV next week.

rb585
09-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Our D played great and our O-line played better. Still a lot of work to do.

I'd love to hear an explanation on that double unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that took a TD off the board. The kid was already in the end zone and there were no Wimberley players in the area when the ref tossed the flag.

Also, that was my first trip to LV -- what an impressive campus and great facilities. Has to be among the best in the state. Where did all the money come from to pay for that?

Papá Oso
09-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Congratulations to the Texans on the hard fought win, I think anyone there would agree it wasn't pretty but it wasn't from a lack of effort from both teams. As I feared the loss of a couple players last week including our best lineman sure showed up tonight, the LB #52 just flat worn us out between the tackles. Way too many missed tackles on the defensive side of the ball although I'm sure thats going to happen some when that hoss #34 has the ball. We just flat dropped the ball for a couple big plays early and threw 2 absolutely terrible interceptions and were down 14-0 not 6 mins into the game but kept grinding and had our chances in the 4th quarter but just could never hit that big play we needed. We finally made a long sustained drive down 17 to 10 early in the fourth and get into the red zone and go from a first a goal on the 5 to a first and 20 at about the 25 because of a holding call and that was ball game when we couldn't get that TD. Well next week starts tomorrow after film and all the running from said missed tackles but the boys will be ready for Bandera.

PO

rb585
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I'd love to know how many tackles Mann (52) had. He seemed to be reading the plays pre-snap all night.

Tejastrue
09-22-2012, 12:19 AM

I'd love to hear an explanation on that double unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that took a TD off the board. The kid was already in the end zone and there were no Wimberley players in the area when the ref tossed the flag.

Also, that was my first trip to LV -- what an impressive campus and great facilities. Has to be among the best in the state. Where did all the money come from to pay for that?

LV has indeed a nice stadium. All the LV people we encountered were kind and courteous. That's much appreciated. I was a little disappointed in our turnout though. If these stats are correct..LV had a grand total of 108 yards of offense. Defense was outstanding. I saw a lot of positive things on offense. That Trcka kid has some speed. Nice addition to our other backs.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147846&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

wimbo_pro
09-22-2012, 02:57 AM
LV has indeed a nice stadium. All the LV people we encountered were kind and courteous. That's much appreciated. I was a little disappointed in our turnout though. If these stats are correct..LV had a grand total of 108 yards of offense. Defense was outstanding. I saw a lot of positive things on offense. That Trcka kid has some speed. Nice addition to our other backs.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147846&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

You know Wimberley doesnt travel well...never has. I am still in Alaska, so I have an excuse!! LOL Way to go Texans!

Gone Fishing
09-22-2012, 07:34 AM

What I was told is one of our players helmet came off during the play and by rule he has to stop playing at that second, but he kept on going and finishing the play, then a LV players (who I think our player was blocking) grabbed his helmet and threw it, therefore a PF against us and a un sportsman against them and I think the kid was tossed.

Gone Fishing
09-22-2012, 07:42 AM

The D played great. They could not run and they could not pass. 108 yds held is dominating a team. The box score from this paper was missing a couple of offense plays also.

Papá Oso
09-22-2012, 10:05 AM
The unsportsmanlike penalty on LV was the flag that came out at the end of the play, our DE snapped and was yelling at the ref about him missing a holding call on him on the play. He went too far and showed the ref up and was rightfully tossed, he was the one that walked out to mid field once everything was sorted out to apologize to the crew. I saw the helmet come off in the wall of blockers and the player did continue to play but with the he was engaged I don't see how he could have stopped even if he'd tried, the helmet was kicked in inadvertently by someone. LV never made any adjustments on the offensive side of the ball, I'd liked to see them do some roll outs, maybe some screen passes other than to the WR's. They weren't going to get anything between the tackles the way the LB's were crashing the A and B gaps the whole night. WT defiantly did their homework and was ready for what was coming and we never made a adjustment to try and slow down the blitz's. Thanks for the kind words about the fans and facility, we are proud of what the community as come together to build for the kids. See y'all next year in the Hill Country.

PO

Papá Oso
09-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Say a prayer for the La Vernia community as word is now getting out of a truck accident last night that took the life of a junior athletic trainer and severely injuring her boyfriend who was a senior at LV. Prayers go out to the family and friends of everyone this tragedy has touched.

PO

Tejastrue
09-22-2012, 11:42 AM
So very sorry to hear that. I echoe the thoughts and prayers for all affected.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Say a prayer for the La Vernia community as word is now getting out of a truck accident last night that took the life of a junior athletic trainer and severely injuring her boyfriend who was a senior at LV. Prayers go out to the family and friends of everyone this tragedy has touched.

PO

Oh no!!!! About this time last year if I recall that young girl from LV was killed after being struck by a vehicle. Thoughts and prayers sent to her family and the community of LV.

Gone Fishing
09-22-2012, 12:17 PM
so so sorry to hear that news, prayers from Wimberley.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2012, 03:34 PM

PO

wow.... I hate to hear this stuff...no matter where it happens. Our prayers go out to the family and community.

Roughneck93
09-22-2012, 03:48 PM

PO

Thoughts and prayers sent.

Papá Oso
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
What a sad sad day for our community, the lord called one of his sweet angels home early this morning. Kimberly's infectious smile will be missed on the sidelines and around the school. The power of prayer has helped pull Elliott through a couple of surgery's but is still in critical condition, he's has several broken bones and is going to have a long road of recovery in front of him. Elliott is a very good friend of my sons who's also a senior this year and as a parent theres few things harder than watching your children hurt like this and not be able to fix things for them. It appears Elliott may have falling asleep at the wheel and hit a tree early this morning while hauling cows to the auction barn in Karnes City. Anyone wishing to keep up with Elliott's condition or pass along condolences can do so by looking up LV Angels on facebook. Keep the prayers coming and Rest in Peace Kimberly.

Sadly,
PO

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Man, how sad. Thanks for update Papa. GOD speed to the family's.

Lombardi
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
weldon Nelms teams improve weekly. They get better and better~

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 08:35 PM
weldon Nelms teams improve weekly. They get better and better~

Thanks Lambardi, your right about Nelms teams and this year will be even more evident of the improve weekly, due to some young players and or players having to play different places. WT should be very good across the board towards the end of district play , where as the last two years we had the fun of being to that point much earlier in the year. But so many arm chair qb's are more about, "what have ya done lately". Its funny to listen to some people that don't understand HS football, but think they do....

wimbo_pro
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks Lambardi, your right about Nelms teams and this year will be even more evident of the improve weekly, due to some young players and or players having to play different places. WT should be very good across the board towards the end of district play , where as the last two years we had the fun of being to that point much earlier in the year. But so many arm chair qb's are more about, "what have ya done lately". Its funny to listen to some people that don't understand HS football, but think they do....

True GF...no one in Wimberley is worried about this team at this juncture. No one around here is predicting a State Championship either....but we didnt predict one last year either.

ogg
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Texan D is damn close to where it was last year; good to see Reid back at sb safety and Mann is looking like college D1 player. These guys are fun to watch and I love seeing them get a standing ovation from our fans on stops.

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Texan D is damn close to where it was last year; good to see Reid back at sb safety and Mann is looking like college D1 player. These guys are fun to watch and I love seeing them get a standing ovation from our fans on stops.

True that ogg, the D is close. I think we will see some different stuff on the offense side and be very creative with the players we got. I liked Jones playing some Receiver and then he was in at Qb when we needed no mistakes or fumbles. The offense will take some more time. I'm excited about the possibilities it has though.