PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ brownwood

nobogey72
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
My guess is that Wylie will kick the dog snot out of Brownwood AGAIN this year. :taunt::taunt:

garciap77
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Close game! Wylie by 3!

Matthew328
09-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Brownwood keeps it close for a half...

nobogey72
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Close game! Wylie by 3!

Are you talking about 3-0 after our 1st possession, or the final score? :stirpot:

ccmom
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Close game! Wylie by 3!

Are you running for governor or something?:confused:

Rattler
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Wylie by 30+

Wylie by 30+

agree

Heffelfinger
09-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I think he meant "by 3 touchdowns."

Ville-D
09-17-2012, 02:00 PM
My thoughts from another thread:

The only way this game is competitive is if Wylie decides to send their #2 JV Squad to play on Friday night.

hollywood
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Depends which Brownwood team shows up... I know they have good talent, great coaching staff... let's see if they are getting it all in line. Wylie will expose weaknesses if not.

Good luck to both. Looking for a huge upset in this one.

Lions by 3!

Bosqueville
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Brownwood by 7

franz
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
I only missed last weeks score by about 25 points, so I got that going for me. I'm also feeling alot of love on this thread. I think garcia must be feeling it as well. I'm going with Wylie in a close one 38-14.

BEAST
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
As I said in a different thread, IF Brownwood will eliminate mistakes, we can play with them. IF not, long night....

That said, I think Wylie will get our best effort yet. This team has the makings of a good football team.

BEAST

Pendragon13
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
What beast said about getting the best effort from Brownwood is probably accurate. This is a dangerous game for the dawgs, playing on the road after being at home two weeks straight and facing a former district rival that is on the ropes and will leave nothing on the field..

Having said that, I think we'll win...but it probably won't the be the blowout some expect.

garciap77
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
As I said in a different thread, IF Brownwood will eliminate mistakes, we can play with them. IF not, long night....

That said, I think Wylie will get our best effort yet. This team has the makings of a good football team.

BEAST

:iagree:

Wylie by 3!

Slick50
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Wylie by a bunch, excellent team they have

Grahamerica
09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Wylie is gonna win no matter what Brownwood team shows up. They are big and fast and big.

Slick50
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
wylie is gonna win no matter what brownwood team shows up. They are big and fast and big.

really big

TexasFight
09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
I agree that this could be a trap game for Wylie. Not a big enough trap to make us stumble but it will be closer than it should be. Our defense is tough. Holding Graham to 20 yards in the second half is impressive.

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
New to the forum but have had a chance to watch both of these teams play this year. Wylie's offensive and defensive lines are too tough in this one. #5 for Wylie is also a difference maker with great speed if Sandifer would give him more opportunities and no I'm not a Wylie fan at all just giving my 2 cents. Bwood will have to play a near perfect game to keep it close.

Ville-D
09-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Wylie by a bunch, excellent team they have

Wylie for President

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Also I'd like to add just to stir the pot amongst graham/wylie fans on here. The rumor out of Graham was that this years team was supposed to be better than the 09 team that went to the state championship. Learned real quick thats not true because Wylie's team isn't as good as their 09 team and Wylie donkey stomped Graham Friday night. Score doesn't reflect how Wylie dominated the game.

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't know how experienced the Brownwood team is, but by now they should be starting to come around on both sides of the ball. When Argyle played Wylie in Opening Week, we played well defensively against them until our guys wore out in the 100 degree heat in the 4th. They got a late TD off us with about a minute to go. And our qb was very green, Sadler didn't touch the ball, and our offense was basically not in place. Every team improves (or should) from Zero Week to Week 3, esp. younger talented teams. Brownwood and Wylie both are bigger 3A schools than Argyle, and may be fairly equal in players. Argyle has a lot of participation in all activities for a school of 660 enrollment though. I'd say Brownwood will give Wylie a test this week if their D is any good. Argyle has a good D, if not better than good. And in Zero Week everybody was cramping from the heat and being on the field so long cuz our offense was just not ready. Wylie will wear you out unless you can get some 3 & outs. We held them pretty good towards the red zone, but between the 20's they made lots of yardage and wore our D out. Good luck to both squads Friday nite. I'll have to go with Wylie in this one just because they have the talent, the speed, and the power running game off that big Oline. Their qb is a pretty good athlete too, so that always makes a difference.

Wylie 31
Brownwood 26

garciap77
09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Wylie for President

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cry.gif

ccmom
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't know how experienced the Brownwood team is, but by now they should be starting to come around on both sides of the ball. When Argyle played Wylie in Opening Week, we played well defensively against them until our guys wore out in the 100 degree heat in the 4th. They got a late TD off us with about a minute to go. And our qb was very green, Sadler didn't touch the ball, and our offense was basically not in place. Every team improves (or should) from Zero Week to Week 3, esp. younger talented teams. Brownwood and Wylie both are bigger 3A schools than Argyle, and may be fairly equal in players. Argyle has a lot of participation in all activities for a school of 660 enrollment though. I'd say Brownwood will give Wylie a test this week if their D is any good. Argyle has a good D, if not better than good. And in Zero Week everybody was cramping from the heat and being on the field so long cuz our offense was just not ready. Wylie will wear you out unless you can get some 3 & outs. We held them pretty good towards the red zone, but between the 20's they made lots of yardage and wore our D out. Good luck to both squads Friday nite. I'll have to go with Wylie in this one just because they have the talent, the speed, and the power running game off that big Oline. Their qb is a pretty good athlete too, so that
always makes a difference.
Wylie 31
Brownwood 26

I just don't see Brownwood scoring that many on our defense. They have been stout. I wasn't at the Argyle game (only listened to broadcast) but Argyle has scored the most points against Wylie so far (14 points) and I'm pretty sure Argyle only had something like 5 first downs the whole game.

That being said, Brownwood finding the win column last week will surely help their confidence. On paper, Wylie should win this one handily. However, I have no doubt Brownwood will be amped up to beat the Bulldogs. It could very well end up being close, but I just don't see it happening. Maybe my purple colored glasses are blurring my vision. It's been known to happen. ;)

Rocket
09-17-2012, 05:22 PM
We definitely have some weapons. I am thinking a 28-24 win by Brownwood. If Wylie don't win this one, it will be about 5 years before they beat Brownwood again. ;)

garciap77
09-17-2012, 05:26 PM
We definitely have some weapons. I am thinking a 28-24 win by Brownwood. If Wylie don't win this one, it will be about 5 years before they beat Brownwood again. ;)

27 - 24 Wylie!

defense51
09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
The Lions better lace up their cleats extra tight for this one, if not AW will knock them out of em'. Wylie is looking good, building momentum, and very well coached. AW by at least 21.

LHPfactory
09-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Brownwood still working things out and AW looking good early....., hate to pick against our district but............................................... ..... AW takes Brownwood to the woodshed in this one.

DalhartAlumni
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
This will be like Brownwood vs Graham, except Brownwood will be on the other side of it this time.

Wylie 35
Brownwood 7

ccmom
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
This will be like Brownwood vs Graham, except Brownwood will be on the other side of it this time.

Wylie 35
Brownwood 7

Maybe you meant Brownwood vs Snyder. Graham beat Brownwood.

DalhartAlumni
09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Oops haha, sorry, that is what I meant.

Rocket
09-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe you meant Brownwood vs Snyder. Graham beat Brownwood.

And that makes you feel so good about this week, huh?

slingshot
09-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Wylie 42-- 'Wood 7... only because we pull the starters early 3rd quarter.

Rocket
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Wylie 42-- 'Wood 7... only because we pull the starters early 3rd quarter.

LOL I see you are still smoking crap...you and tonsofbogeys...

solocam
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Wylie by 17

huntingbig8
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd say at this point in the season, this Wylie team is better than the 09' team by a bunch, that's the most complete Wylie team I've seen in a long time, they will kick the crap out of wood.

Rocket
09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
We will see. It might happen. '09? Haha funny... They beat Argyle (depleted) and Graham. Hold your horses there...

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Agreeing with Rocket here. the Bwood, Wylie, and Graham teams of 09 were very good football teams. Nothing against this years teams from each school but none hold water to the teams of 09.

franz
09-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Agreeing with Rocket here. the Bwood, Wylie, and Graham teams of 09 were very good football teams. Nothing against this years teams from each school but none hold water to the teams of 09.

Wylies offensive line and team speed is a little better than '09

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:03 PM
You could be right about that but Wylie's QB from 09, I believe his name was Matt Preston was a very good QB who had some weapons around him, I belive one named Austin Gray. Didn't see any big time players for Wylie like those 2 kids except for #5.

Inmateboss
09-17-2012, 10:08 PM

The Graham 09 team was awesome for sure! I haven't heard anybody say this team is better than the 09 team!!! I was with both and if you think the 09 Wylie team was better than this Wylie team your wrong and their gonna prove it!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:11 PM
They will have to win the state championship to be better. I hope your right Inmateboss but those are some seriously high expectations for the road Wylie will have to take in playoffs.

franz
09-17-2012, 10:11 PM
You could be right about that but Wylie's QB from 09, I believe his name was Matt Preston was a very good QB who had some weapons around him, I belive one named Austin Gray. Didn't see any big time players for Wylie like those 2 kids except for #5.

No Austin Gray, but a nifty strong back and some servicable receivers that are as fast as Gray that compliment a running game just fine

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I would agree with you on nifty strong back. Wylie always seems to have a running back that fits the mold for their offense.

franz
09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
What I like about this team verses 09 team, is they we are stronger in the areas that matter - both offensive and defensive lines without kids going both ways and the best tackling team Wylie has had ever

ccmom
09-17-2012, 10:19 PM
They will have to win the state championship to be better. I hope your right Inmateboss but those are some seriously high expectations for the road Wylie will have to take in playoffs.

I'm undecided about whether or not this team is better than 09, but at this point the overall competition in 3A looks like it could be stronger. Therefore I don't think not winning state means they are not as good as the 09 team. All I know is that 2009 was a fun year to watch and 2012 is shaping up nicely so far.

Welcome to the board Joe.

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks ccmom. I just like to stur the pot a little to start conversation!

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
stir*

ccmom
09-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks ccmom. I just like to stur the pot a little to start conversation!

Nothing wrong with that! I've been known to stir a pot or two myself. ;)

Bosqueville
09-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Nothing wrong with that! I've been known to stir a pot or two myself. ;)

Maybe one or two..

ccmom
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe one or two..

:rolleyes:

(I know that's what you were looking for ;))

franz
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Brownwood better get some good move-ins

Inmateboss
09-17-2012, 10:31 PM

If they stay healthy, injuries can slam the brakes on for any ball club, but other than that, this Wylie team can hang with any team we played in 09!!! Give them 2 more games and check your rain gauge !!! I'm not tooting their horn just because they beat us, they are getting the respect I would want if we had beat them!! That's the problem nowadays, nobody can be good by this years standards, cause they aren't as good as old so and so, or their coach sucks and they should have ol Bruiser Bob, now there was a coach!! Past teams are all some people can see! I look at what's on the field right now!!! Wylie is BiG, well versed in execution, they do their job and make you pay for any sloppiness!!!! Can they be beat? You betcha, just like all the teams we beat in 09!!

Go # 5

garciap77
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
What I like about this team verses 09 team, is they we are stronger in the areas that matter - both offensive and defensive lines without kids going both ways and the best tackling team Wylie has had ever

Tackling team??? The 2000 team was better; up to this point!!!

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, Wylie sure as heck stirred Argyle's pot, and it worked. You wouldn't recognize this as the same team that y'all played Opening Week. Sometimes, that's the kind of game a young team needs to give them a basis for what to expect from quality football teams. We're waving at ya, and watching how far y'all might take it.:wave:

Bosqueville
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

(I know that's what you were looking for ;))

You don't use it near as much as you used too!

garciap77
09-17-2012, 10:40 PM
If they stay healthy, injuries can slam the brakes on for any ball club, but other than that, this Wylie team can hang with any team we played in 09!!! Give them 2 more games and check your rain gauge !!! I'm not tooting their horn just because they beat us, they are getting the respect I would want if we had beat them!! That's the problem nowadays, nobody can be good by this years standards, cause they aren't as good as old so and so, or their coach sucks and they should have ol Bruiser Bob, now there was a coach!! Past teams are all some people can see! I look at what's on the field right now!!! Wylie is BiG, well versed in execution, they do their job and make you pay for any sloppiness!!!! Can they be beat? You betcha, just like all the teams we beat in 09!!

Go # 5

I really don't think we are that big! I believe BP was just as big as us!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/DSC_3304.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/DSC_3741.jpg

Inmateboss
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Well i was going to say Wylie will win this game, but I didn't figure in the Rocket factor!!! That's a wrench in the gears for sure!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
I really don't think we are that big! I believe BP was just as big as us!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/DSC_3304.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/DSC_3741.jpg

I was just using info from some of the fellers that had to deal with them!! Lol

Go # 5

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean!

AverageJoe
09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Wylie 49-0

franz
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Tackling team??? The 2000 team was better; up to this point!!!

Don't think I saw that team, take your word for it. Theres no Jared Robertson, but they are all pretty good

ccmom
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
G2 made some comments on their show about comparing this year's Wylie D to past teams. If I remember correctly, his comparisons dated back to the Keenum years (defensive play). Maybe he can throw in his $.01 (cause I doubt he has anything to say worth $.02) ;)

Rocket
09-18-2012, 12:12 AM

Lol wow... I thought I was a delusional homer. You take the cake. Wake up, dude. Or woman...

Rocket
09-18-2012, 12:13 AM
G2 made some comments on their show about comparing this year's Wylie D to past teams. If I remember correctly, his comparisons dated back to the Keenum years (defensive play). Maybe he can throw in his $.01 (cause I doubt he has anything to say worth $.02) ;)

Untested.

Grahamerica
09-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Untested.

Gonna be for a while now.

garciap77
09-18-2012, 08:05 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/yougogirl.gif

franz
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Lol wow... I thought I was a delusional homer. You take the cake. Wake up, dude. Or woman...

You of all people calling someone a homer LOL WOW!

nobogey72
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I used to say that the only good thing about Brownwood was it's lake. Now the lake is drying up so I don't know anything good about Brownwood. I guess if you had to say something nice it would be that they used to be good in football a long time ago, and that Underwoods is decent (if you're real hungry and don't have time to go somewhere good).:taunt:

Grahamcheerdad
09-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Wylie by as much as they want

Pendragon13
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Untested.I'll give you Bridgeport (not a bad team, but a lot to work on) but Argyle and Graham will both still be in the mix when the playoffs come around...and may go much deeper than you expect.

Gsquared
09-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I think I do recall saying that. I was really really impressed with the Wylie D, they are QUICK to to ball thats for sure.

nobogey72
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
I read somewheere that the Qb Keesee is a transfer from Ballinger. Is his dad Aaron and is he not still the HC at Ballinger?

panfan
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I used to say that the only good thing about Brownwood was it's lake. Now the lake is drying up so I don't know anything good about Brownwood. I guess if you had to say something nice it would be that they used to be good in football a long time ago, and that Underwoods is decent (if you're real hungry and don't have time to go somewhere good).:taunt:

Doesn't B-wood have that nice hill on the north end of town you get to use to waive by to it in your review mirror???

hollywood
09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I read somewheere that the Qb Keesee is a transfer from Ballinger. Is his dad Aaron and is he not still the HC at Ballinger?

Asst at Brownwood now. ;)

nobogey72
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Asst at Brownwood now. ;)

Nice hire!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rocket
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
I'll give you Bridgeport (not a bad team, but a lot to work on) but Argyle and Graham will both still be in the mix when the playoffs come around...and may go much deeper than you expect.

If Brownwood plays Graham again, they will beat them uglier than nobogey.

Rocket
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM

Wow. is that all you got, old timer? Your earhair is flowing and your wits are going.

Rocket
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Doesn't B-wood have that nice hill on the north end of town you get to use to waive by to it in your review mirror???

Liberty Hill? I can't even tell that place is a town. It is a highway with a cowdump of a stadium that they use for the rodeos during the summer. You can fit about 400 people in it if you stand sideways. The winningest program in 3A History. BROWNWOOD LIONS!

Rattler
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Not even, pocket rocket!

franz
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM

Rocket, first off - nobody will beat anybody uglier than nobogey(wait, did that come out right). Second, UUhhh - I forgot what my second point was. And third, The reason I'm glad to see you on this site is that I normally would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature (no offense to you bowlers)

AverageJoe
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Just my opinion here Rocket but Graham would beat Bwood 10 out of 10 times THIS year. Not years past bla bla but this year alone.

Deuce
09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
No disrespect to Wood, but this Wylie team is 10 times better than the '10 Wood team. Could be something like 42-0

BEAST
09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
No disrespect to Wood, but this Wylie team is 10 times better than the '10 Wood team. Could be something like 42-0

You are funny. You do know why we only beat yall 30-0 dont you? Shipley has a soft spot for Graham. He was once an asst their I believe. The 2010 team could have destroyed Graham. But, that was then, this is now.

BEAST

Deuce
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
you are funny. You do know why we only beat yall 30-0 dont you? Shipley has a soft spot for graham. He was once an asst their i believe. The 2010 team could have destroyed graham. But, that was then, this is now.

Beast

hahaha!

Slick50
09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
But, that was then, this is now.

Its called 28-7

garciap77
09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Liberty Hill? I can't even tell that place is a town. It is a highway with a cowdump of a stadium that they use for the rodeos during the summer. You can fit about 400 people in it if you stand sideways. The winningest program in 3A History. BROWNWOOD LIONS!

:lies:

garciap77
09-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Rocket, first off - nobody will beat anybody uglier than nobogey(wait, did that come out right). Second, UUhhh - I forgot what my second point was. And third, The reason I'm glad to see you on this site is that I normally would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature (no offense to you bowlers)

Hey you can come bowl with us!;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/midget-bowling2copy.jpg

;)

Tin Cup
09-18-2012, 04:30 PM
There wasn't a team in the state that could shut out our 2010 team

defense51
09-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey you can come bowl with us!;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/midget-bowling2copy.jpg

;)
Looks like a gutter ball... :crying:

Deuce
09-18-2012, 05:33 PM
There wasn't a team in the state that could shut out our 2010 team

Guess yall should have put some of the offensive studs on defense then.

Rocket
09-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Guess yall should have put some of the offensive studs on defense then.

Lol IGNORANT

panfan
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM

You are a blowhard. Only people with more hot air than you are politicians. We'll just see who goes further in the playoffs this season and let that speak for itself!

hollywood
09-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Hahaha... emotional after a solid 3A team handled Graham like a 2A? Graham is decent this year... but from what I saw... no where near the '09 team. Good luck though. I like Graham.

Sville
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/cartman.jpg

Deuce
09-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Hahaha... emotional after a solid 3A team handled Graham like a 2A? Graham is decent this year... but from what I saw... no where near the '09 team. Good luck though. I like Graham.

No just trying to get Rocky riled up. I like Wood and Wylie as well! Probably wouldn't even get on this site much if it wasnt for u guys.

ccmom
09-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Look at this old thread from Brownwood's first year in 3A......44 pages of nonsense. That was kinda fun.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?87350-Brownwood-(2-3)-Abilene-Wylie-(3-2)&highlight=wylie+brownwood

nobogey72
09-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Wow. is that all you got, old timer? Your earhair is flowing and your wits are going.

So..... Mr. "I love to live in the past", how do you think this week's game is gonna play out? This years!!! Not 2010 (the year ya'll were good but couldn't finish), or back in the 70''s or whenever it was when ya'll were actually legitimate, but THIS year. Let's have a prediction. You know...... like what the score will be. My prediction is 28-13 Wylie

PS you just notice my ear hair because deep down you reallly want to stick your tongue in it. I've heard about you!!!!:taunt:

Rocket
09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
So..... Mr. "I love to live in the past", how do you think this week's game is gonna play out? This years!!! Not 2010 (the year ya'll were good but couldn't finish), or back in the 70''s or whenever it was when ya'll were actually legitimate, but THIS year. Let's have a prediction. You know...... like what the score will be. My prediction is 28-13 Wylie

PS you just notice my ear hair because deep down you reallly want to stick your tongue in it. I've heard about you!!!!:taunt:

28-24 Brownwood

nobogey72
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
28-24 Brownwood

fair enough

garciap77
09-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Ball-control key to Wylie's impressive start
By Daniel Youngblood

Posted September 18, 2012 at 11 p.m.
With a defense that's allowed just 380 yards and 21 points through its first three contests, the Wylie offense hasn't needed to put up big numbers to win games. But that sure hasn't stopped the Bulldogs from doing so anyway.

Less than a third of a way through the regular season, the Wylie offense has already racked up 1,191 yards and 104 points. And perhaps more impressive than the numbers, even, is the efficiency with which they've been achieved.

More of a ball-control offense than quick-strike at this point, the No. 3 Bulldogs (3-0) have moved the chains with extraordinary consistency all season. And their ability to stay on the field and control clock, when paired with the team's stifling defense, has led to one of more impressive starts by any Class 3A team in the state.

"I feel like we're multiple enough that defenses can't just load up and stop the run, and we've been able to eat up a lot of clock and keep the ball out of their hands," Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. "As tough as our defense is playing, if we limit their snaps, I think it really heightens the pressure each snap that the opponent has the ball."

With Garrett Martin leading a versatile rushing attack and first-year quarterback Taylor Grant guiding the Bulldogs' passing game, Wylie has been a tough assignment for the three defenses its faced. Averaging 64 offensive snaps per game — 18 more than their opponents on average — the Bulldogs have gained 397 yards per contest, good for a 6.2 yards per play average.

That's made the Wylie offensive unit extremely difficult to get off the field and keep out of the end zone.

Of the Bulldogs' 32 full possessions this season, 16 have ended with points — 14 touchdowns and two field goals. And even when they haven't scored, they've done a good job of playing keep-away and flipping the field.

On top of Wylie's 16 scores, seven other drives have ended inside the opponents' 30-yard line — five on downs, one on a tipped interception and another on a missed field goal.

"Fortunately we've started out with great field position on a lot of our drives, but we are moving the football and keeping the ball," Sandifer said. "So even if we don't convert, we're putting them in a hole. We're putting them in a bad starting position."

Conversely, starting field position has meant very little for Wylie, which has had six drives of 10 or more plays and 15 that spanned at least 50 yards. Whether starting deep in their own territory or on their opponents' side of the field, the Bulldogs have been equally effective.

Wylie, which has had just three three-and-outs all year, has averaged six plays and 39 yards per possession this season. And those figures include touchdown drives of 5, 8, 24 and 18 yards set up by turnovers or special teams play.

"Throughout all three games, we've had some eight-, nine-, 10-, 11-play drives, some that scored and some that haven't scored," said Grant, whose passed for 515 yards this season with eight touchdowns and three interceptions. "But we're doing a good job of keeping the ball away from the other offenses, which is what you need to do. Whether we're scoring or not, we're putting together good drives, and eventually we'll get all those in the end zone."

That prospect should probably strike fear in opposing defenses. As strong as the Wylie offense has been, it can get better. Five of the Bulldogs' 17 trips into the red zone this season have ended without points, which is something they'll be looking to improve in the coming weeks.

"I think we've been doing a good job getting points, so we're finishing some of our drives, but it's always tougher when you get into the red zone to finish," Sandifer said. "The field shrinks, so you've got to be really keen on attention to detail when you get in the red zone. That always comes with play timing, and it comes with a little more confidence and a little more consistency. I think we'll continue to improve in that area."

Martin, who has accounted for 581 total yards and five touchdowns, shares his coach's optimism. And he said the Bulldogs' performance to date is just an indication of how good they can eventually be.

"We've played good opponents, and I think we've shown what we can do," Martin said. "I think we've proved to some people that maybe doubted us before the season that we're here to play and we're here to win games."

Rocket
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
fair enough

I knew you would see it my way.

garciap77
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
27-24 Wylie.

hollywood
09-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Ball-control key to Wylie's impressive start
By Daniel Youngblood

Posted September 18, 2012 at 11 p.m.
With a defense that's allowed just 380 yards and 21 points through its first three contests, the Wylie offense hasn't needed to put up big numbers to win games. But that sure hasn't stopped the Bulldogs from doing so anyway.

Less than a third of a way through the regular season, the Wylie offense has already racked up 1,191 yards and 104 points. And perhaps more impressive than the numbers, even, is the efficiency with which they've been achieved.

More of a ball-control offense than quick-strike at this point, the No. 3 Bulldogs (3-0) have moved the chains with extraordinary consistency all season. And their ability to stay on the field and control clock, when paired with the team's stifling defense, has led to one of more impressive starts by any Class 3A team in the state.

"I feel like we're multiple enough that defenses can't just load up and stop the run, and we've been able to eat up a lot of clock and keep the ball out of their hands," Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. "As tough as our defense is playing, if we limit their snaps, I think it really heightens the pressure each snap that the opponent has the ball."

With Garrett Martin leading a versatile rushing attack and first-year quarterback Taylor Grant guiding the Bulldogs' passing game, Wylie has been a tough assignment for the three defenses its faced. Averaging 64 offensive snaps per game — 18 more than their opponents on average — the Bulldogs have gained 397 yards per contest, good for a 6.2 yards per play average.

That's made the Wylie offensive unit extremely difficult to get off the field and keep out of the end zone.

Of the Bulldogs' 32 full possessions this season, 16 have ended with points — 14 touchdowns and two field goals. And even when they haven't scored, they've done a good job of playing keep-away and flipping the field.

On top of Wylie's 16 scores, seven other drives have ended inside the opponents' 30-yard line — five on downs, one on a tipped interception and another on a missed field goal.

"Fortunately we've started out with great field position on a lot of our drives, but we are moving the football and keeping the ball," Sandifer said. "So even if we don't convert, we're putting them in a hole. We're putting them in a bad starting position."

Conversely, starting field position has meant very little for Wylie, which has had six drives of 10 or more plays and 15 that spanned at least 50 yards. Whether starting deep in their own territory or on their opponents' side of the field, the Bulldogs have been equally effective.

Wylie, which has had just three three-and-outs all year, has averaged six plays and 39 yards per possession this season. And those figures include touchdown drives of 5, 8, 24 and 18 yards set up by turnovers or special teams play.

"Throughout all three games, we've had some eight-, nine-, 10-, 11-play drives, some that scored and some that haven't scored," said Grant, whose passed for 515 yards this season with eight touchdowns and three interceptions. "But we're doing a good job of keeping the ball away from the other offenses, which is what you need to do. Whether we're scoring or not, we're putting together good drives, and eventually we'll get all those in the end zone."

That prospect should probably strike fear in opposing defenses. As strong as the Wylie offense has been, it can get better. Five of the Bulldogs' 17 trips into the red zone this season have ended without points, which is something they'll be looking to improve in the coming weeks.

"I think we've been doing a good job getting points, so we're finishing some of our drives, but it's always tougher when you get into the red zone to finish," Sandifer said. "The field shrinks, so you've got to be really keen on attention to detail when you get in the red zone. That always comes with play timing, and it comes with a little more confidence and a little more consistency. I think we'll continue to improve in that area."

Martin, who has accounted for 581 total yards and five touchdowns, shares his coach's optimism. And he said the Bulldogs' performance to date is just an indication of how good they can eventually be.

"We've played good opponents, and I think we've shown what we can do," Martin said. "I think we've proved to some people that maybe doubted us before the season that we're here to play and we're here to win games."

Yawn... :sleeping:

garciap77
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Yawn... :sleeping:

STOP http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cry.gif!!!

#1 TEXAN
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
42-6 bulldogs!! Cant decide if brownwood will get in the endzone or two FGs.. I would say there kicker is the best part of there team..

hollywood
09-19-2012, 12:15 PM
STOP http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/cry.gif!!!

:D :D :D :D

Can't wait to hear how the game goes this Friday night. The Lions may have a chance in this one...

Shocker: Would be the Lions beating AW.
Expectation: Would be AW beats Brownwood easily.

At least that's the word around the state at the local Whataburger.

garciap77
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
:D :D :D :D

Can't wait to hear how the game goes this Friday night. The Lions may have a chance in this one...

Shocker: Would be the Lions beating AW.
Expectation: Would be AW beats Brownwood easily.

At least that's the word around the state at the local Whataburger.

LOL!!! You mean they have one in Stephenville? http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonsigg/437923161/

It's going to be a close one! 27 - 24 Wylie on top!:cheerl:

Inmateboss
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Wylie will be on top, but I don't see it being close except by choice!!!

Go # 5

garciap77
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I wished Hollywood (or Jacketwood or HollyJacket or whatever LOL) was still supporting The Mighty Lions! It's quite without him!:evillol:

panfan
09-20-2012, 07:45 AM
LOL!!! You mean they have one in Stephenville? http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonsigg/437923161/

It's going to be a close one! 27 - 24 Wylie on top!:cheerl:

Gotta go with the purple team on this one. Go get em.

Bosqueville
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
It amuses me that all the Graham faithful are convinced that BWD will lose convincingly just because their precious Steers were taken to the woodshed by Wylie... If Wylie does get by the Lions, it will be by less than the the Wylie/Graham score. Just my humble opinion.

Grahamerica
09-20-2012, 10:41 AM
It amuses me that all the Graham faithful are convinced that BWD will lose convincingly just because their precious Steers were taken to the woodshed by Wylie... If Wylie does get by the Lions, it will be by less than the the Wylie/Graham score. Just my humble opinion.

I guess the fact that Graham beat Brownwood does'nt mean anything.

huntingbig8
09-20-2012, 10:43 AM

let's see, Graham took Brownwood to the "woodshed", Wylie took Graham to the "woodshed", so Brownwood can play with Wylie, no.

hollywood
09-20-2012, 10:58 AM
let's see, Graham took Brownwood to the "woodshed", Wylie took Graham to the "woodshed", so Brownwood can play with Wylie, no.

Most ridiculous post I've heard in a while. Good job. What will you say when Wylie wins by a less margin then the Graham game or even gets beat?

hollywood
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I wished Hollywood (or Jacketwood or HollyJacket or whatever LOL) was still supporting The Mighty Lions! It's quite without him!:evillol:

You crackin' me up lately GP77!

Go Lions Go!

ccmom
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
From the Brownwoodtx.com

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/local_sports/article_3be1e52e-02a2-11e2-abae-0019bb2963f4.html

Updated: 4:46 pm, Wed Sep 19, 2012.

FAST FORWARD: Lions targeting first win streak, upset as third-ranked Abilene Wylie comes calling Derrick Stuckly derrick.stuckly@brownwoodbulletin.com Brownwood Bulletin

The Brownwood Lions finally notched their first victory of the season last week at Snyder, but standing in the way of head coach Bob Shipley’s squad and its first win streak of the 2012 campaign are the No. 3 Abilene Wylie Bulldogs.

Former district combatants Brownwood (1-2) and Wylie (3-0) will renew their rivalry at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Gordon Wood Stadium.

The Bulldogs have cruised to an undefeated start — chalking up victories of 31-14 over Argyle, 42-0 over Bridgeport and 31-7 over Graham — and Shipley would not be surprised to see Wylie playing well into December.

“I would put this Wylie team up there with the 2009 team that played for a state championship,” Shipley said. “They’re that good in my opinion.”

While the Bulldogs have been hitting on all cylinders since the opening kick of the season, the Lions finally found their offense last week. After producing just seven points in losses to Fort Worth All Saints and Graham, the Lions exploded for seven touchdowns in a 49-14 victory at Snyder.

“It’s certainly a lot more fun going out to practice,” Shipley said of the Lions’ mindset since collecting their first victory. “I think it took some pressure off of them for sure. Win or lose the Snyder game though, Wylie is always a week the kids get up for.”

Brownwood scored on all four first-half possessions last week and the first six overall en route to a 411-yard performance that included 285 yards through the air. Quarterback Chris Keesee threw five touchdowns, including four to Cooper Howey, who caught 12 passes for 182 yards. Braxton Kilgo chipped in a pair of touchdowns on the ground and finished with 56 yards as the Lions more than doubled their season rushing output.

“I wouldn’t exactly say we set the world on fire running the ball, but we are getting better,” Shipley said. “I’m excited about the success we had passing but it was against a Snyder team that’s down to be bluntly honest. It would be unrealistic to think that Snyder’s defense is as good as Wylie’s, so we try to build off the positive but be realistic, too.”

Wylie’s defense is surrendering just seven points per game on average, along with 127 yards of total offense — 70 passing and 57 rushing — with eight turnovers forced.

“It all starts with three really good defensive linemen,” Shipley said of Wylie’s defensive dominance. “They don’t have to blitz much because those guys have been getting pressure on the quarterbacks. The remaining eight guys play downfield so there are always a lot of people around the ball.”

The Lions answer with an offense that is generating 21 points and 289 yards — 222 passing and 67 rushing — per contest, with six turnovers.

Keesee is 57 of 82 for 658 yards with six touchdowns and four interceptions, while Howey has grabbed 24 receptions for 312 yards with four touchdowns. Matt McCrane has chipped in 10 catches for 113 yards, Eddie Duque has grabbed seven receptions for 108 yards and two scores and Kaimon Ontiveros has caught six passes for 55 yards.

On the ground, Kilgo has picked up 153 yards and scored three touchdowns, while Daylon Johnson has contributed 65 yards.

Defensively, the Lions are giving up 24 points and 308 yards — 161 passing and 147 rushing — with six turnovers forced, including five last week.

Dylan Lewis leads Brownwood with 30 tackles followed by Jace Newman with 28, Mack Monsen with 24, Henry Rivas and Ontiveros with 21 apiece and Dylan Martin with 15.

The Bulldog offense is producing 35 points and 397 total yards — 225 rushing and 172 passing — per game thus far, led by the play of running back Garrett Martin.

“Wylie’s running back will be as good as we see this year,” Shipley said. “The first defender rarely makes the tackle. In three games I’ve only seen the first guy tackle him once. So not only do we have to get off of blocks better, we have to be great tacklers. If you close your eyes and lunge at him, you’ll tackle nothing but air.”

Martin has rushed for 419 yards and three touchdowns while also catching a team-high 15 passes for 102 yards with another score. Taylor Grant has completed 41 of 66 passes for 515 yards with seven touchdowns, while rushing for two more. Hunter Calhoun has added 118 yards and a touchdown on the ground, while Shante Brown has caught six passes for 108 yards and a touchdown. Paul Goodrich has also grabbed five receptions for 110 yards with two trips to the end zone.

“Garrett Martin is a great back that runs behind an outstanding line,” Shipley said. “Add to the fact that they’re very effective throwing the ball and they present a lot of problems for defenses.”

On the injury front, tight end Clint Taylor joined linebacker Colten Guidry as the second Brownwood player lost for the season due to injury. Other than those two, however, Shipley anticipates the rest of the Lions to be ready for action.

“We have nagging injuries but we’ll be okay,” Shipley said. “Unfortunately we’ve lost Taylor and Guidry for the season. Losing two starters is tough.”

What is required for the Lions to pull off the upset and even their record at 2-2, in theory, is simple, but will require an effort no team has managed to put forth against Wylie yet this season.

“Obviously we need to win the turnover battle and try to contain Martin,” Shipley said. “No one has yet and they haven’t lost yet. We also have to find a way to move the ball against their defense and mistakes have to be at a

Grahamerica
09-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Most ridiculous post I've heard in a while. Good job. What will you say when Wylie wins by a less margin then the Graham game or even gets beat?

What is your point to this, Graham still beat Brownwood.

Slick50
09-20-2012, 11:20 AM

hey jackwagon, why don't you just go put on your blue and yellow cheerleading suit

hollywood
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
What is your point to this, Graham still beat Brownwood.

Has nothing to do with how Brownwood will play Wylie. Read.. comprehend... simple.

hollywood
09-20-2012, 11:24 AM
hey jackwagon, why don't you just go put on your blue and yellow cheerleading suit

Good one! I think I will. :cheerl:

Grahamerica
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Has nothing to do with how Brownwood will play Wylie. Read.. comprehend... simple.

Wylie will play Brownwood like Graham did and pull their starters out as well, so Brownwood may sneak a touchdown in there.

Red&White_9x5
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
35-14 Wylie

hollywood
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Wylie will play Brownwood like Graham did and pull their starters out as well, so Brownwood may sneak a touchdown in there.

Quite possible... but, that's why they play the game. I'll be tuning in to this one.

Steers have the ole Bucks tomorrow night? Are they still 2A?

Rattler
09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, they are 2a.

Inmateboss
09-20-2012, 11:56 AM

It may very well be by a lesser margin, because everyone knows Wylie doesn't run up the score on weaker teams!!!

Go # 5

Grahamerica
09-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Quite possible... but, that's why they play the game. I'll be tuning in to this one.

Steers have the ole Bucks tomorrow night? Are they still 2A?

Yes they are 2A, that's who we have on the schedule. I could get on here and claim as other teams have done that nobody in 3A would schedule us, but we all know that is not true.

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Hollywood should go dig in the closet and dust his ole flute off to bring back good memorys when he played back in the day!!:kiss:

garciap77
09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Hollywood should go dig in the closet and dust his ole flute off to bring back good memorys when he played back in the day!!:kiss:

Hollywood was in the School BAND??? And he played the flute???:1popcorn:

ccmom
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Hollywood was in the School BAND??? And he played the flute???:1popcorn:

Nooooo....he was a rapper!! (que picture, garcia!!!)

garciap77
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Well, maybe he was a rapper too! I think he rapped for the Lions, back in the day! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

P.S. Should I update the cap? LOL

P.S.P.S. Is he shorter than ROCKET or what?LOL

Inmateboss
09-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Your a pretty good fisherman/ person/ chick/ lady....

Go # 5

garciap77
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Your a pretty good fisherman/ person/ chick/ lady....

Go # 5

If you only knew............;)

Inmateboss
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Well, maybe he was a rapper too! I think he rapped for the Lions, back in the day! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hollywoodgang_signs.jpg

P.S. Should I update the cap? LOL

P.S.P.S. Is he shorter than ROCKET or what?LOL

Hight and cap are spot on!!! Good job

Go # 5

Rattler
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
flute = rapper =http://members.tripod.com/hindu_web_graphics/images/flute-player-ganesha.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v-z3GKyAvZ0/TsTYzUxsUNI/AAAAAAAAAI8/zEhzysGrKQc/s1600/Funny+Mouse+Rapper.jpg

hollywood
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Oh the agony Garcia can bring out in one of his infamous doctored pics. I tell you this... I'm not vertically challenged as some on this forum are. 😉

And I quit reliving the good ole days years ago.. Still active though. Can probably outrun most on this site. 😳

garciap77
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
flute = rapper =http://members.tripod.com/hindu_web_graphics/images/flute-player-ganesha.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v-z3GKyAvZ0/TsTYzUxsUNI/AAAAAAAAAI8/zEhzysGrKQc/s1600/Funny+Mouse+Rapper.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

hollywood
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
You guys must have photobucket as a favorite!

Rattler
09-20-2012, 02:30 PM
This is how you beat Wylie.... Keep them away from the ball.....
http://gifs.gifbin.com/032012/1332872324_perpetual_motion_bulldog.gif

garciap77
09-20-2012, 02:46 PM
This is how you beat Wylie.... Keep them away from the ball.....
http://gifs.gifbin.com/032012/1332872324_perpetual_motion_bulldog.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/usainboltgold-shhh-nickieleaks_zpsfe2b5348.jpgDon't give up our secrets!

garciap77
09-20-2012, 06:42 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lg_artwork_zps80d908ac.jpgHere kitty kitty kitty kitty!http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-tv-027.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh the agony Garcia can bring out in one of his infamous doctored pics. I tell you this... I'm not vertically challenged as some on this forum are. ��

And I quit reliving the good ole days years ago.. Still active though. Can probably outrun most on this site. ��

Only thing you can run is your flute blower!!

garciap77
09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Only thing you can run is your flute blower!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/usainboltgold-shhh-nickieleaks_zpsfe2b5348.jpg

Rocket
09-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I guess the fact that Graham beat Brownwood does'nt mean anything.

Did it mean anything in 2009? When Brownwood beat Graham, Wylie beat Brownwood, and Graham beat Wylie?

Grahamerica
09-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Did it mean anything in 2009? When Brownwood beat Graham, Wylie beat Brownwood, and Graham beat Wylie?

This is not 2009 or 2010.

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2012, 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Grahamerica;1695267]This is not 2009 or 2010.[/QUOTE

Yes rocky it means your kittens got lucky in 09 and played the game of there life when they beat the steers!!

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I bet rocket has a picture of jaxon Shipley posted on his ceiling to help him go to sleep!

garciap77
09-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I bet rocket has a picture of jaxon Shipley posted on his ceiling to help him go to sleep!http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/smily_catmeow.gif

Pendragon13
09-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Did it mean anything in 2009? When Brownwood beat Graham, Wylie beat Brownwood, and Graham beat Wylie?Using the Brownwood formula, Wylie beat Wylie in 09...we just happened to be in Graham at the time. ;)

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Using the Brownwood formula, Wylie beat Wylie in 09...we just happened to be in Graham at the time. ;)

Brownwood has beaten Brownwood alot here lately!

Grahamerica
09-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Good luck to you guys tonight.

Deuce
09-21-2012, 08:29 AM
So if Wood was to win this game and Ville somehow lost, would Hollywood trade in his navy and yellow cheerleader outfit for a maroon and white one?

Grahamerica
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
So if Wood was to win this game and Ville somehow lost, would Hollywood trade in his navy and yellow cheerleader outfit for a maroon and white one?

Marble Falls QB set a new passing record so he's probably getting fitted for a purple and gold one this morning.

outlaw
09-21-2012, 08:42 AM
I am gonna go with Wylie in this one, just have a good feeling about it. lol

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 09:10 AM

:clap:

outlaw
09-21-2012, 09:31 AM

Don't you mean "Jacketwood"?:wave:

garciap77
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't you mean "Jacketwood"?:wave:

I thought it was HoneyWood or HoneyBee or HoneyJacket or ................................;)

Steers_#1
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Wylie by 30. Brownwood has no chance with all of their injuries.

Inmateboss
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I thought it was HoneyWood or HoneyBee or HoneyJacket or ................................;)

Honey boo boo???

Go # 5

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Wylie by 30. Brownwood has no chance with all of their injuries.

Just because we lost two of our key starters means nothing. WE will DESTROY Wylie we have too many weapons!
;)

Deuce
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM

I think his real full name is Stephen Wood. At least that is what i was told at the Whataburger in Early.

ccmom
09-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Just because we lost two of our key starters means nothing. WE will DESTROY Wylie we have too many weapons!
;)

You need to add a little "You people have no idea what's coming" to that routine and then I think you will be on to something!!

Looking forward to a great evening of Bulldog football!!

Inmateboss
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
You need to add a little "You people have no idea what's coming" to that routine and then I think you will be on to something!!

Loser buys supper !!!! It should be a good game, just can't let them know cause the get all swolt headed!!!
Yes it is a word, this is Texas !!!

Go # 5

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Your right I forgot that one.....thanks!

garciap77
09-21-2012, 11:21 AM
;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

outlaw
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
good one garcia

garciap77
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Honey boo boo???

Go # 5

He is not http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/connie_hooked_zpscf2ffe09.gif!

Steers_#1
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Thats hard to tell considering we haven't finished the season yet. We'll know the answer to that question on December 17.;)

95mustang
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
The puppies are playing some good football right now no doubt. If Brownwood executes and eliminates the little mistakes then we will be competitive. Brownwood surprises some folks tonight and tarnishes the puppies 3-0 record.

ccmom
09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
The puppies are playing some good football right now no doubt. If Brownwood executes and eliminates the little mistakes then we will be competitive. Brownwood surprises some folks tonight and tarnishes the puppies 3-0 record.

Bless your heart...

Inmateboss
09-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Bless your heart...

Oh snap!!!! Not a " Bless your heart"!!!! SMH

Go # 5

hollywood
09-21-2012, 12:27 PM

nope

hollywood
09-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I think his real full name is Stephen Wood. At least that is what i was told at the Whataburger in Early.

Hey listen here you Graham crackers... you're hi-jacking this thread because you got your arse handed to you by a more powerful team... you are praying AW will destroy Brownwood to save some balls... oh wait, something wrong with that picture. Anyway, if Brownwood can come out and play Wylie better or even win, then you'll have some other excuse. If Brownwood gets destroyed tonight, then you have room to smack.

Regarding Stephenville, tonight will be a test against the "#2" ranked 3A team. We'll see how that works out for the Pirates. And yes, I still support Brownwood but more importantly, I also support the school where my children attend.

:wave:

Deuce
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey listen here you Graham crackers... you're hi-jacking this thread because you got your arse handed to you by a more powerful team... you are praying AW will destroy Brownwood to save some balls... oh wait, something wrong with that picture. Anyway, if Brownwood can come out and play Wylie better or even win, then you'll have some other excuse. If Brownwood gets destroyed tonight, then you have room to smack.

Regarding Stephenville, tonight will be a test against the "#2" ranked 3A team. We'll see how that works out for the Pirates. And yes, I still support Brownwood but more importantly, I also support the school where my children attend.

I am pretty sure i have admitted that Graham got donkey stomped by wylie more than once this week.
U think since I went to Tarleton that it would be ok if i root for Graham and Stephenville?

garciap77
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-249.GIF

Ragin Red
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
The only way Brownwood wins if Abilene Wiley doesn't get off the bus:wave:

Sville
09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Surely the Loins can make a game of it against the Abilene High JV team tonite!

buff4ever
09-21-2012, 01:34 PM
wylie in a wildone, picking the upset

garciap77
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Wylies offensive line and team speed is a little better than '09

Check your PMs

Inmateboss
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Check your PMs

Oh snap !! Now you've gone and done it!!!
" Franz, report to the principals office" !!!

Go # 5

ccmom
09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
wylie in a wildone, picking the upset

Hmmmm

Deuce
09-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Hmmmm

Yeah, i didn't understand that one either.

garciap77
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Hmmmm

It's vs BROWNWOOD!!! So, if we win it will called it an UPSET!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-205.gifPurple Rules!!!!!!!!!!

hollywood
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, i didn't understand that one either.

buff4ever is a guesser.

Deuce
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
All kidding aside, good luck to both teams! Wish we were all still in the same district so these fun games weren't so early in the year!

ccmom
09-21-2012, 03:13 PM
buff4ever is a guesser.

Ha! Aren't we all??

Roughneck93
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Wylie by 14.

defense51
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Unleash the dogs tonight AW! Bulldogs by 24 :cheerl:

#1 TEXAN
09-21-2012, 04:53 PM
The more I have been thinking I am gonna say Dawgs by 30+!!!!!

injuredinmelee
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Wylie by 17. Continue with your days....

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Well after just finishing listening to Coach Shipley Im afraid this could get ugly in a hurry. Glad it's not a district game.

Tin Cup
09-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Well after just finishing listening to Coach Shipley Im afraid this could get ugly in a hurry. Glad it's not a district game.

I would imagine it sounded a lot like the ole miss coach before the Texas game. Need mistakes from AW, need a lot of breaks and need to have the game of the year to win. It's not a knock on your team, it's knowing the guy across from you is better and needing a little help.

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Brownwood holds on 4th down after a wylie 1st. and goal from our 3.

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Brownwood - 0
Wylie - 6

2:57 in the 1st.

WylieBulldog87
09-21-2012, 09:24 PM
what is the score

WylieBulldog87
09-21-2012, 09:25 PM
just heard 28-0 in the 3rd quarter. Makes me wonder, how good is Wylie?

WylieBulldog87
09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
35-0...its a smoking

defense51
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
just heard 28-0 in the 3rd quarter. Makes me wonder, how good is Wylie?

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say pretty darn good!

huntingbig8
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Let's all ask Hollywood how good Wylie is, I believe he predicted a close game. AW will continue to hand out those beat downs. Next week though, the Bwood people may give some props to a really good team like the graham folks did this week.

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Let's all ask Hollywood how good Wylie is, I believe he predicted a close game. AW will continue to hand out those beat downs. Next week though, the Bwood people may give some props to a really good team like the graham folks did this week.

:confused:

regaleagle
09-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm starting to feel alot better about our Argyle team now. Our game with Wylie was hard fought to late in the 4th, when they reeled off a couple of scores, one with about a minute left when our boyz were spent on a super hot nite and knew it was over. And our offense was nonexistent with Sadler getting only 3 touches coming off his ACL surgery for the first game and our qb completely green. Now both teams are reeling off big wins each week against very good competition.

BwdLion73
09-21-2012, 11:02 PM
We put their offense to the test tonight.....They stayed on the field so long I thought we might wear them out. lol

regaleagle
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
That's funny, but not when the game is going on. Only in retrospect when it's all over can you look back and say that in a way that is a compliment to Wylie.

Pendragon13
09-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Welp, so much for flying under the radar this year.:doh:

Seriously though, the Lions have some young talent and a pretty good D-line....they'll get back on track before the season is done.

Oh, and it was nice to see G.Wood stadium keepin it real with the old school pee troughs in the mens room.:thumbsup:

Pendragon13
09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh, and much thanks to the Brownwood student flag runners for not once..but TWICE spelling out L-O-I-N-S....I'm pretty sure I sprayed DP all over the row in front of me.:clap:

And yes, I know they did it on purpose..I was young once myself. ;)

Deuce
09-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Not trying to throw sticks on the fire but really want to know from Wood fans how good you think Wylie is now. I personally think their damn good because i watched them smoke us.

franz
09-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I only missed last weeks score by about 25 points, so I got that going for me. I'm also feeling alot of love on this thread. I think garcia must be feeling it as well. I'm going with Wylie in a close one 38-14.

Who predicted 38-14, oh I did. Good thing I don't like to toot my own horn.

Inmateboss
09-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Oh, and much thanks to the Brownwood student flag runners for not once..but TWICE spelling out L-O-I-N-S....I'm pretty sure I sprayed DP all over the row in front of me.:clap:

And yes, I know they did it on purpose..I was young once myself. ;)

That was awesome !! I think it was really nice of Wylie to show support by clapping when they spelled it right!!! Gotta love it!!!

Go # 5

95mustang
09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Not trying to throw sticks on the fire but really want to know from Wood fans how good you think Wylie is now. I personally think their damn good because i watched them smoke us.

Wylie is good, I never doubted that. At this point of the season I don't think they are as good as the 09 team like some have said, but they can get there and might be there by the end of the season. Their defense is plenty stout and obviously the strength of their team. I give props where they are due and Wylie has always had my respect and that is not going to change after this game.

garciap77
09-22-2012, 12:16 AM
:clap:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_3817_zps007088eb.jpg:clap:

ccmom
09-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Garcia, you gotta help me post a pic of the LOINS flags! Hopefully you got a better pic than I did! That was great stuff!!

Good luck to Brownwood the rest of the season. I was disappointed that the mini tron wasn't working. :)

Here's hoping Brownwood continues to improve and we can all hear rockee saying "My LOINS are on fire!". On second thought...not sure I wanna hear that!!

It was good to see some of the LOIN faithful tonight. I heard y'all had a kid injured in the first qtr. Hope he recovers quickly.

Way to go Bulldogs!!

garciap77
09-22-2012, 12:26 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_3870_zpsf7fe2b01.jpg

garciap77
09-22-2012, 12:27 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_3874_zps3e3a8daa.jpg

upper20
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Wylie is good, I never doubted that. At this point of the season I don't think they are as good as the 09 team like some have said, but they can get there and might be there by the end of the season. Their defense is plenty stout and obviously the strength of their team. I give props where they are due and Wylie has always had my respect and that is not going to change after this game.

Wylie did not look as good as they did against Graham -- especially on offense (looked a little flat and out of sync). That said, part of that may have been due to the fact that Brownwood played some pretty dang good defense early in the game -- it was just 6-0 after 1st Q. Their D spent a lot of time on the field and got worn down

defense51
09-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Congrats on another good win AW!

hollywood
09-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Congrats Wylie on another solid win! Wasn't there but got updates throughout the game. Real deal, yes. 3A looking very strong this year. 4-5 very legit teams in the top 5. Navasota, Wylie, Stephenville, Alvarado, Carthage are all playing great ball right now.

upper20
09-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Congrats on another good win AW!

Sounds like Alvarado had a good/interesting one as well -- congrats

defense51
09-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Sounds like Alvarado had a good/interesting one as well -- congrats

Interesting is right. Fumbles in the red zone, injuries, bench clearing brawl, and homecoming. But in the end we put another one in the win column.

slingshot
09-22-2012, 10:41 AM
...But in the end we put another one in the win column.That's what matters. We were very flat and really didn't play that well. Even the kids said the same. Very workman-like. Brownwood's interior D was actually quite good--their D-line and backers fight off blocks and fly to the ball quickly. Our O-line wasn't as dominant as they have been in previous games but still very good. I thought Taylor had a great game... i'll take 19 of 22 for 206 and 2 TD's with no picks any day!

ccmom
09-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Nevermind....ugh

BwdLion73
09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
We are waiting on a tube from Philco for our JUMBO tron....