PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Supply and Demand

Phil C
09-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Due to pump failures the City of Sinton has told residents to boil their water. HEB is going such a good business of selling water that today they raised the prices on bottled water. Talk about supply and demand. :)

movethechain
09-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Due to pump failures the City of Sinton has told residents to boil their water. HEB is going such a good business of selling water that today they raised the prices on bottled water. Talk about supply and demand. :)

I'm not a legal expert, but this sounds like price gouging. Unless HEB gets their water for bottling from the City of Sinton, I cannot see how their cost increased to warrant an increase in their pricing. Maybe they had to truck in an extra shipment or two of just water? Probably gives you a warm fuzzy feeling toward HEB now that you see their true colors. I would expect a good "citizen" business like HEB to bend over backwards to help out residents in a time of crisis (even if temporary) ... but it's their business and they must make a profit to stay in business. Still, looks and sounds like bad business to me.