PDA

View Full Version : Temple Daily Telegram slams Burnet/Marlin game....

theyoefnshow
10-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Well I guess since they are 4-0, the editors of the paper think Temple rules all again. Anyway, Temple vs. Arlington Lamar is the Fox Sports Net game of the week (Burnet/Marlin was last week) and so after the right up on the game tonight, the very last sentence says something along the lines of "....this will be the FSN game of the week which promises more game coverage as last weeks game of the week showed more cheerleaders and pep rallies than big hits." I dunno...just seems kinda insulting considering it's a city that has had 3 crap seasons in a row. Disrespectful to both teams IMHO.

3afan
10-03-2003, 01:14 PM
well lets hope they show more football and less of those lame pep rally's --- it was not disrespectful to either team, IMO your reading something into it that isnt there

Commerce Fan
10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Small town schools do not get the write ups like the big shcools because no one is sending anything to the paper to print. Not enough help I guess so may be that you need to write up an article and submit it for publishing each Friday night about the game???? I think there is some way to do it on the net?????

3afan
10-03-2003, 03:09 PM
i dont think a paper would accept an article from just anyone, at least i hope not ----- you'd probably have to show them some previous work and maybe provide references. maybe a small town paper would but not a medium+ sized daily.

<small>[ October 03, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2003, 04:09 PM
<small>[ October 03, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
10-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Sorry, I have to agree...they showed more of the pep rallies than they did of the game....wasn't the coverage that all the hype indicated....for us TV viewers..but I'm sure it was great in person! We all know how the media is! :D