PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale Vs. Argyle

texas_wildcat
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
who is going to win this game and why?

texas_wildcat
09-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Kennedale was winning at halftime last week 50-14 and that was with all the starter. i bet all starter will play the whole game and i think the score will be kennedale 49 to 35

OldNavy
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't think Kennedale wins this. I''ll take Argyle by two or more td's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mick5302
09-16-2012, 11:21 PM
The starters were out the second half on offense and defense due to the score of 50-14. Suffered tons of injuries last year, I guess the coach didn't want to chance it. This game wasn't really a test at all for Kennedale, I mean it was 29-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.
Kennedale was winning at halftime last week 50-14 and that was with all the starter. i bet all starter will play the whole game and i think the score will be kennedale 49 to 35

regaleagle
09-16-2012, 11:43 PM
:stirpot: Well then, that makes alot more sense to me now....cuz I was thinking Kennedale should be much better than what that score showed. Believe me, your boyz won't be finding the endzone so frequently this Friday in Argyle....except when Cole Hedland kicks it that deep, lol. No, really....Argyle is happy to have Kennedale visiting our friendly confines for this matchup of DFW area 3A power programs. We fully expect a slobberknocker hard-hitting game from Kennedale, and will be happy to reciprocate in kind. Just a matter of whose D is gonna play better, IMO. We have a couple of boyz that can score too, as evidenced the last 2 weeks. I'm certain the stadium will be full of excitement in anticipation of this matchup for Friday Nite Gridiron Glory. It'll be one of those kind of games, I'm certain.:2thumbsup

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 12:15 AM
We realize both coaching staffs already have a game plan in mind for this upcoming game. So you can dispense with the "close to the vest" stuff and just tell us what we can look for in Kennedale's offensive attack. Who's the main go to guy, your qb, rb tandem, etc. What kind of offensive schemes does Kennedale like to run? Do y'all pass it much, or just pound it like in past years? And what kind of D does Kennedale have on the field this year? Are there many Srs. playing, or is it a young team? You tell me yours, and I'll tell you lies about mine.....how's that sound to you, LOL!!! Actually, Argyle has no surprises....you get what you see. We just try to out-football you, that's all.

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Argyle will be featuring a tough running game mixed in with the Spread. We have a great big ol' soph. back named Nick Ralston that is 6'0 and 200 lbs. He has strength, speed, and played on our varsity last season as a frosh. He's the real deal all right. And that Oline has got some beef on it too to help give him a running start. Then there's Mr. Everything Ian Sadler. He's a qb, a rb, a reciever, a kickoff/punt returner, our punter and our back-up place kicker, and a d-back. He's just a Jr. like our new qb this season Brandon Boyzuick, who is quickly becoming a pretty good-un himself. Oh, and he can carry the rock too. Then there's the short yardage Bulls formation that will usually get us a couple of yards when we really need it. That could consist of a number of big boyz. And don't even worry about our defense....they get the job done in sacking and pressuring fashion. We have a good secondary that can cover man to man, and our LB corp. can hit and also run. Sounds pretty good, huh? Gotta clean up some of the mental errors, and learn how to play together better, but overall it's coming together. I'd say playing Wylie, FW Nolan, Paris, and now Kennedale should just about get this team ready for what it's gonna take to win big games with tough opponents later in the year. We may stumble, but I think this team will get right back on the horse and be better off for it. I hope that this info has helped you Wildcats from Kennedale get your juices flowing for a real battle come Friday nite. I know our boyz are looking to make it tough on yours, haha.:vrycnfsd:

garciap77
09-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Argyle:thumbsup:

Rattler
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Kennedale by 7

orange machine
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Im going with the Eagles by 14

Gsquared
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Now this game will be worth the admission!!!!

Matthew328
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Kennedale is a true Wing-T team, thats what they've been under Coach Barrett and thats not changing. Kennedale's going to have real good speed at the skill spots, but I think Argyle's edge in the trenches is the difference...keep an eye on Kennedale's two LBs Brett Wade and Fred Scott...

Would be a good basketball game as well. I will take Argyle just because.

texas_wildcat
09-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Kennedale is fast and we have thrown the ball more this year then the last two years but they cant catch it so yall will have to stop the run all night.
High scoring game Kennedale wins

mick5302
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Kennedale is a true Wing-T team, thats what they've been under Coach Barrett and thats not changing. Kennedale's going to have real good speed at the skill spots, but I think Argyle's edge in the trenches is the difference...keep an eye on Kennedale's two LBs Brett Wade and Fred Scott... Matt, Trey McGahan the 3rd LB is leading in tackles, and all other catagories on defense, he is also the biggest and fastest of the three LBs this year, #9 is kicking a$$.

mick5302
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Kennedale is #1 in rushing yards so far, Washington is just under 600 yards right now and he sat most of the second half of the last game. Kennedale has all the pieces this year, so we will see if they can put them all together. Argyle is a good team every year, so this will be intetesting.

defense51
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
keep an eye on Kennedale's two LBs Brett Wade and Fred Scott...

I'm picking Kennedale for that very reason, I think their LB's make the difference in this one.

regaleagle
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, tell your Kennedale rb's and qb to get ready to meet Sam Sizelove. He was just All-State @ linebacker last year and is highly recruited(a junior). Then there's Mike Capra who had 4 sacks last week alone against a good Paris team that we limited to 130 total yds. We've got a secondary that's already intercepted 4 or 5 balls, and a D-line that can mix it up with the biggest and best of them. Our offense is coming around now, but still doesn't control the ball and extend drives last year's team(why would they?). We do have big play capablities at any yardline on the field with speed at recievers and backs that can take it all the way and not get caught from behind. Kennedale will have to wear out our D like Wylie did and control the clock with possessions to win. That's not gonna happen anymore. Wylie was the first game of the season, it was super-hot that night, and our offense was not in place to hold the possessions. And now it's no longer so hot. The only heat will be coming off those blocks and filling running lanes to shut down Kennedale's vaunted running attack. Believe me, the coaches will stack the line with nine and force the issue. This will be a battle of attrition on the lines. A real dogfight, sportsfans. Just the kind of game this Argyle team happens to salivate over. So bring the whole town on down and let's have us real good time watching these two teams go at it tooth and nail. And when it's all over both teams will know they were in a battle for the glory of gridiron supremacy. And each player and fan will walk away with the respect a game like this deserves. :clap:

P.S. Nick Ralston has just about eclipsed 500 yds. all by himself in 3 games. I think Argyle's total rushing is just over 500 yds because of some negative yard sacks to our qb and a couple of others so far.

defense51
09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
This should be a good game, and will help both teams later in the season. Good luck to both teams!

toddg
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Matt, Trey McGahan the 3rd LB is leading in tackles, and all other catagories on defense, he is also the biggest and fastest of the three LBs this year, #9 is kicking a$$.

i really like that kid! he is good!

VWG
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Dang... regaleagle either has a kid on the team, works for the local paper, or is one of "those guys" that hangs out at practice all the time.

He should write for ESPN.com.

regaleagle
09-19-2012, 12:10 AM
No, I was just editor of my high school newspaper and used to write some articles in the Victoria Advocate when I was in high school regarding the Goliad Tigers games. That was a loooooong time ago, but I still have the descriptive bug in me lurking somewhereabouts. Just a good ol' Texas country boy that grew up on the ranch and was free labor for my Dad, that's all. Alot of you know that story well, LOL.

toddg
09-19-2012, 12:39 AM
No, I was just editor of my high school newspaper and used to write some articles in the Victoria Advocate when I was in high school regarding the Goliad Tigers games. That was a loooooong time ago, but I still have the descriptive bug in me lurking somewhereabouts. Just a good ol' Texas country boy that grew up on the ranch and was free labor for my Dad, that's all. Alot of you know that story well, LOL.

you need to come on down and catch an Alvarado game sometime this season.

regaleagle
09-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I'd like to catch a regional semi between Argyle and Alvarado, is what I'd like to happen. Of course, it wouldn't happen in Alvarado. Maybe I need to come watch y'all play Stephenville. What week will that be? We play Celina in Week 10, so that week is taken.

gatordaze
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, tell your Kennedale rb's and qb to get ready to meet Sam Sizelove. He was just All-State @ linebacker last year and is highly recruited(a junior).

I love your stuff and think Sam is a fine player, but he is not highly recruited. If the D1's are on you it reflects on your rivals, scout, 247 profiles. There are no surprises for highly recruited Juniors. If he were highly recruited he would have 20+ offers by now at his measurables.

regaleagle
09-19-2012, 09:05 PM
You're probably right on that one Gatordaze, as far as the numbers goes, but mark my word....by season's end he will have alot more offers from D1's simply because he is 3A and only a junior. His development last season was ALL done in one season from virtually an unknown status to what it is now, and will progress WAY past that by season's end. You know as well as I do, that the more camps, and the more exposure a player has from early....the more attention he will garner. Sizelove had zero before he leaped onto the scene last season. Give him this season to add, and I think you'll see some serious recruitments coming his way as he enters his Sr. season. And he has that 3A thing going against him from the start.

gatordaze
09-20-2012, 08:25 AM
You're probably right on that one Gatordaze, as far as the numbers goes, but mark my word....by season's end he will have alot more offers from D1's simply because he is 3A and only a junior. His development last season was ALL done in one season from virtually an unknown status to what it is now, and will progress WAY past that by season's end. You know as well as I do, that the more camps, and the more exposure a player has from early....the more attention he will garner. Sizelove had zero before he leaped onto the scene last season. Give him this season to add, and I think you'll see some serious recruitments coming his way as he enters his Sr. season. And he has that 3A thing going against him from the start.

Someone needs to get him to camps this summer as he has all of the measurables and I am sure good film. NFTC is early in the summer and really can get him noticed. If he dominates there he can get invited to The Opening in OR. That and Rivals 100 are the recruiting showcases nationally. He should be further along than he is. Seems that he is not getting any help. If you know him personally and he is interested, have him reach out to Jake as he could write a book on recruiting at this point.

King-Kat
09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
I hope your linebacker is quick or he will be chasing the Kennedale backs to no avail. Not seen him or heard of him but I will take your word he is a great player. Likewise to rephrase your own statement, I hope your Argyle backs are ready to meet the Kennedale linebacker crew. One already committed to A@M and two others as big and fast, not sure on their recruitment. If both teams bring their A game, this could be quite a game, and what better way to spend a great Friday evening in Texas. Good luck and I pray for an injury free game on both sides!

regaleagle
09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Oh, look.....it's midnite on Thurs. and time for all those Kennedale Wildcats to go nite-nite. Y'all be sure and have some wonderful dreams about puttin' the whoop on the Argyle Eagles tomorrow nite. That way at least y'all could know what it feels like to beat us.....IN YOUR DREAMS, heeeehaaaaawwww!!!!! Tell your boyz to bring their "A" game, cuz we don't wanna hear an excuses and would like to play you at your best. If you do happen to put the whoopin' on our boyz, I will be surprised. I think it will be a pretty hard-hitting game from both teams, and a good one to attend. Good luck to both teams, and SWEET DREAMS, hehehahahoho.

outlaw
09-21-2012, 08:22 AM
This is gonna be a good one, wish I could make it

texas_wildcat
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
about 25 min form the game cant wait

regaleagle
09-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Kennedale can definitely run the ball and cause problems even for a good defense, but they are just too one-dimensional if they get behind. They will win alot of games this season if they can clean up the penalties and mistakes. Kick and punt coverages.... they got burned too. These are things that will be corrected as the season goes along. Playing good teams will also help them in district and come playoff time. Need to tighten up in the secondary a little bit too against passing teams. Good run defense.

OldNavy
09-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't think Kennedale wins this. I''ll take Argyle by two or more td's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like it was the "...or more td's." Solid game Argyle.

defense51
09-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Score?

OldNavy
09-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Argyle, 44 - 13.

defense51
09-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Argyle, 44 - 13.

Obviously I was wrong picking Kennedale...

Pendragon13
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I haven't seen Kennedale play, but after seeing Argyle (even in a loss to my Bulldogs) this score doesn't really surprise me. I've always said Argyle would still be in the mix at playoff time..

garciap77
09-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Argyle is on fire!!!! Watch out playoffs!!!!!

defense51
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM
One thing we know for sure this early in the season is Argyle and Stephenville know how to bounce back after a loss!