PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ Rockdale

Bassact
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Who ya got?

Liberty Hill coming off 2 dominating performamces over Hondo & Smithville after losing to Giddings in a heartbreaker.

LH offense started the season looking strong and has gotten better each of the last 2 weeks.
LH run D has been outstanding in all 3 games. Pass D is still a ?. Due to enjuries LH hasn't started a game with the same DB's..

All i know about Rockdale is they have a good QB that torched the Panthers last year for 3 quick long TD's before the Panther D figured it out and shut them down in the second half. James David is one of the best MLB's in the state, he will have his hands full this week trying to slow down the slot-T, if he takes a play off it'll be 6 for the Panthers..

LH by 3 TD's..

LHPfactory
09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
LH by at least 3 TD's , course I hear that we are overestimating our team this year. So maybe by 2 TD's, eh Manso/V8 :stirpot:

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Going to be very interesting to see how Rockdale responds after last week.

LHdog
09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
After seeing the Rockdale-Burnet game last week, the Cameron-Rockdale score (34-0) was shocking. Is 2A Cameron that good or was Rockdale completely unprepared? Which Rockdale team will show up?

Bassact
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
After seeing the Rockdale-Burnet game last week, the Cameron-Rockdale score (34-0) was shocking. Is 2A Cameron that good or was Rockdale completely unprepared? Which Rockdale team will show up?

what should we expect out of the Tigers this year? 2 years ago they were primarily a run team, had Brooks in the backfield (3a 100M state champ) and they ran him up the middle all night. Never understood that one but I'm not the coach I'm sure they had their reasons.. Last year they went to the pass and it worked well, but once LH figured out how to stop it they didn't have another option.

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM

From what I saw Rockdale got worked at the LOS on offense by a smaller Yoe team. Rockdale had turnovers but so did Cameron. Key was Cameron converted those turnovers to points.

Bassact
09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
If Rockdale is having issues on the D line it will be a very long night for the Tigers.. Hopefully LH has gotten rid of the TO's.. I know it's early but TO's have cost us, even in the last 2 games and especially in game 1.. LH O takes care of the ball they could be scary good on offense. Probably not pre 08 good but they are already better than what we've had the past 3 years.
LH D is what it is - very good at stopping the run and you hold your breath everytime you see a pass coming. At least last week we did see some adjustments to control that some..

Yoe_09
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
The defensive line from Rockdale did not play bad. It was the Cameron defense that totally dominated the game. Rockdale had a total of -1 net rushing yards and 100 yards passing in the game. I don't believe being unprepared for a rivalry game like this came into play. The Yoemen just have a very good team this year.

Bassact
09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
The defensive line from Rockdale did not play bad. It was the Cameron defense that totally dominated the game. Rockdale had a total of -1 net rushing yards and 100 yards passing in the game. I don't believe being unprepared for a rivalry game like this came into play. The Yoemen just have a very good team this year.

WOW.. What a defensive performace.. Those are some impressive defensive #'s.. Doubt we can match that..

1st and goal
09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm thinking LH by 21 points. They can pound the ball. And their execution of the slot T is a thang of beauty...they will wear on RD's defense.

garciap77
09-17-2012, 08:18 AM
LH:thumbsup:

LHPfactory
09-17-2012, 08:29 AM

Cameron is the #1 ranked 2A-DI team in the state, so Yoe is dang good this year.

greendawg84
09-17-2012, 09:30 AM
The Hill by at least 21 !

panfan
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
The Hill by at least 21 !

what did ya'll see out of Rockdale when ya'll played them - looked like it was a fairly close game??

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
LH wins this one by a bunch. How much of a bunch depends on whether Rockdale shows up to play or not.

greendawg84
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
what did ya'll see out of Rockdale when ya'll played them - looked like it was a fairly close game??

Did not see anything special out of them , decent speed on O , average play on D , for sure didnt see enough to pick them over LH.

Bassact
09-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Did not see anything special out of them , decent speed on O , average play on D , for sure didnt see enough to pick them over LH.

Greendawg you finally coming around and seeing the Purple & Gold light?

greendawg84
09-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Greendawg you finally coming around and seeing the Purple & Gold light?

No NO but HELL NO !

Just know how they played us , and how The Hill spanked Smithville , and how the other purple team spanked us last week. All that said , they cant hang with you guys , wont be a game after the first half. IMHO

LHPfactory
09-19-2012, 07:36 AM
No NO but HELL NO !

Just know how they played us , and how The Hill spanked Smithville , and how the other purple team spanked us last week. All that said , they cant hang with you guys , wont be a game after the first half. IMHO

Come on, you know you may be sitting with Burnet folk watching your Bulldogs on friday night, but your mind will be on Liberty Hill. :eek::) (I had to pick purple and gold emoticons for you)

panfan
09-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Who ya got?

Liberty Hill coming off 2 dominating performamces over Hondo & Smithville after losing to Giddings in a heartbreaker.

LH offense started the season looking strong and has gotten better each of the last 2 weeks.
LH run D has been outstanding in all 3 games. Pass D is still a ?. Due to enjuries LH hasn't started a game with the same DB's..

All i know about Rockdale is they have a good QB that torched the Panthers last year for 3 quick long TD's before the Panther D figured it out and shut them down in the second half. James David is one of the best MLB's in the state, he will have his hands full this week trying to slow down the slot-T, if he takes a play off it'll be 6 for the Panthers..

LH by 3 TD's..

We get up on them early and I think it will be a long night for the tigers. We don't, and we will have to grind it out. I see Rockdale to be a lot like Smithville, lots of talent, not very disciplined, but they have the ability to strike quick. We have got to hold on to the ball. Coaches, go buy some stickum!!! They still make that stuff??

greendawg84
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Come on, you know you may be sitting with Burnet folk watching your Bulldogs on friday night, but your mind will be on Liberty Hill. :eek::) (I had to pick purple and gold emoticons for you)

LOL very creative my friend ! Heck no its bad enough that my damn boss keeps texting me the LH score all night. :weeping:

Bassact
09-19-2012, 08:57 AM
LOL very creative my friend ! Heck no its bad enough that my damn boss keeps texting me the LH score all night. :weeping:

Wear a Purple shirt to work Friday.. Maybe you'll get a promotion once the boss man see's that your coming around..

greendawg84
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Wear a Purple shirt to work Friday.. Maybe you'll get a promotion once the boss man see's that your coming around..

:thinking: Man that might work ! He might have a dang heart attack if he saw me in purple. Bad enough that I have to look at his ugly azz grape colored shirt every Friday.

LHdog
09-19-2012, 03:39 PM
If I were LH, I would not take this game for granted. The Tigers have size on the DL and that can be a problem for the Panthers. They also have a sernior QB who can throw it. Home underdogs can be dangerous, so the Panthers better be ready.

panfan
09-19-2012, 03:57 PM
If I were LH, I would not take this game for granted. The Tigers have size on the DL and that can be a problem for the Panthers. They also have a sernior QB who can throw it. Home underdogs can be dangerous, so the Panthers better be ready.

:iagree: Take game lightly = get arsed kicked.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Anyone up to a meet & greet at half? Or before?

Yoe_09
09-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I'll probably be heading out to this one.

LHPfactory
09-20-2012, 07:08 AM
This will be my first game to miss this season. I will be going to Rockdale tonight to watch my 8th grader play and then I have to Go to out of town again on Saturday for my 6th graders game. oh yeah and to Wimberley next thursday night for my 8th grader... ... gas prices are killer... So K-MAC it is.

Rockdale always has good players, so I know they will put up a fight, but LH will win this one, Vance wont take the Tigers lightly and nor will his Panthers.

panfan
09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Anyone up to a meet & greet at half? Or before?

I'll be there. Halftime works for me. By the time I get my wife and two daughters out the door, we are always running late~!!!!

Red&White_9x5
09-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I will take the Hill by 21+

txsportswriter
09-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Liberty Hill will roll in this one because Rockdale won't ever know where the ball is. Panthers may put up 50 in this one.

garciap77
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Liberty Hill will roll in this one because Rockdale won't ever know where the ball is. Panthers may put up 50 in this one.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

solocam
09-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Panthers by 24

LHPfactory
09-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Anyone know how the Frosh and JV did?

LH 8th A won 24-0 over Rockdale
LH 7th A lost 32-12
LH Combined 7th/8th B Won 38-18 (I think)
LH 9th ?
LH JV ?

The LH 8th A Defense executed well and was very tough. The Offense is high power, and Rockdale was not able to stop it, We just need to cut the fumbles and penalties and that would have been a 40-0 game.

panfan
09-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Anyone know how the Frosh and JV did?

LH 8th A won 24-0 over Rockdale
LH 7th A lost 32-12
LH Combined 7th/8th B Won 38-18 (I think)
LH 9th ?
LH JV ?

The LH 8th A Defense executed well and was very tough. The Offense is high power, and Rockdale was not able to stop it, We just need to cut the fumbles and penalties and that would have been a 40-0 game.

Freshman game was cancelled, and the JV won big, like by 3 or 4 tds.

buff4ever
09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Liberty Hill...............any questions?

Nope, didn't think so. Hill by 20 plus

Johnny Utah
09-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Liberty Hill...............any questions?

Nope, didn't think so. Hill by 20 plus

LH JV 57 Rockdale 3. I know the Rock lost big to the YOE, but I am sure the Tigers will rebound. Going to be tough against a very good LH team, but do not count the Tigers out!!

Super_R
09-21-2012, 03:39 PM
LH has impressed me tremendously throught the 1st 3 games. Rockdale will be luck to keep LH under 50.

Come on with the come on!

Roughneck93
09-21-2012, 03:47 PM
LH by 3 TDs.

Yoe_09
09-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I am assuming no M&G here?

I will be bringing scoring updates via Twitter of this one: www.twitter.com/Josh_PrattTOC

LHPfactory
09-21-2012, 08:41 PM
LH 49 - Rockdale - 28 with 2 minutes left in second qtr....

LHPfactory
09-21-2012, 08:49 PM
LH, 3rd pick by Boatright, LH across mid field.

Ferrel to the Rockdale 10.....

TD LH! Pass Wells to Perez

LH 56 - - Rockdale 28 few seconds till half....

LHPfactory
09-21-2012, 08:51 PM
LH recovers ball on ensuing kick off,

interception Rockdale at their own 10....

Halftime..... LH 56 ---- Rockdale 28 ----- !!!!!

Old Green
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
End of 3rd Qtr

Liberty Hill 63

Rockdale 35

Yoe_09
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Liberty Hill: 76
Rockdale: 35

FINAL

Well, you got to see a little bit of everything in this one. Rockdale really had no answer for the Liberty Hill offense all night. #17 and #21?? for LH broke quite a few long ones. The injury bug is really hurting Rockdale right now. I think they had like 6?? guys out to start this game, including Pelzel, their DI lineman. The QB for Rockdale, Brinkley, also went down in the 2nd quarter and never returned. Gibbs came in and did about as well as you could have expected. Turnovers were also a big issue for Rockdale here. LH forced quite a few fumbles as well as a few pick sixes.

buff4ever
09-22-2012, 01:15 AM
That lh offense is putting up some points every week, making me feel good about the buffs holding them to 29 in week 0.

Bassact
09-22-2012, 08:42 AM
What a crazy game. LH O continues to roll and improve ever week. D not so much, first half was not a good showing.. Gave up 4 TD passes not sure what was going on. Total busted covererages letting receivers run down field with no one with 20 yards of them.. Safeties not getting over on cover 2 and corners biting on the stop & go.. Whatever was done at half time worked, they only gave up 1 TD the second half.
Rockdale played hard and never gave up, even when LH had a 3-4 TD lead the way the LH secondary was playing you just never felt comfortable. #7 did a awesoem job having to step in at QB, Rockdale just continued running their offense and you did really see much of a drop off.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
This was one of the craziest games I've watched in a while! I never felt comfortable with our lead until the 4th qtr started. Rockdale has the ability to score quick in scary-good fashion! Whew! I was TIRED after the game, just from texting updates! Heck, I needed to go to the bathroom in the first half, but wanted to wait until we scored since we were inside the 15. We did, so I quickly went down the stairs, ran to the bathroom, and TCB. As I was washing up, I heard the announcer, but it didn't really click until I heard our fight song and thought "WTH?!?". I realized the announcer had said "Boatright gets the interception and runs it in for TD!".

On a side note: I've read on here for years about 87 Tiger's place, "The Ranch" but haven't had the opportunity to check it out. We had a little extra time & decided to grab a bite before the game. I mentioned it to Malcom, but we didn't know where it was & I sure didn't want to wander around town looking. Well, it was "right there" and we pulled in. 87 - it was FABULOUS!!!!! xoxo

LHPfactory
09-22-2012, 10:10 AM
That was the perfect game before Wimberley, I know what LH will be working on this week.

But no real surprise from Rockdale though, The Tigers always have talent and are ready to play LH to the end of the 48th minute.

I believe Rockdale played LH the closest of anyone in 2007 when the Panthers beat the snot out of everyone.

LHPfactory
09-22-2012, 12:12 PM
That was the perfect game before Wimberley, I know what LH will be working on this week.

But no real surprise from Rockdale though, The Tigers always have talent and are ready to play LH to the end of the 48th minute.

I believe Rockdale played LH the closest of anyone in 2007 when the Panthers beat the snot out of everyone.

Not that this was a real close game, but Rockdale did put up more points than anyone else so far this season.