PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Seahawks

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Thoughts and predictions?

Cowboys move to 2-0 with a 28-17 win over Seattle.

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Felix Jones...:dispntd:

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Thoughts and predictions?

Cowboys move to 2-0 with a 28-17 win over Seattle.

Won't be easy playing @ Seattle.

Give me the Seahawks by 3 24-21.

navscanmaster
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Won't be easy playing @ Seattle.

Give me the Seahawks by 3 24-21.Not starting out well for the boys.

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Wow...

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Not starting out well for the boys.

I see...

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Lol, are you kidding me?!

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Nice drive by the Cowboys.

10-7 Seahawks.

CelinaCatFan
09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
This game does not suprise me. The record for NFL teams traveling, to opposite sides of the country, for back-to-back games to open the season is not a favorable thing. If the Cowboys do manage to win this game, then they really have improved as a team.

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Sean Lee got blown up on that last play. :eek:

BS call on Carter.

83Indian
09-16-2012, 05:26 PM

BS call on Carter.

That was bad. Good grief. Give the refs what they want and get rid of these rookies

Blastoderm55
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM

BS call on Carter.

Yup. I thought the penalty was unsportsmanlike conduct on Tate for his show-boating.

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Nice drive by the Cowboys.

10-7 Seahawks.I'm happy for once there wasn't some penalty on a big hit.

Bullaholic
09-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Cowboys just getting beat up and taking it. Ryan getting outcoached on matchups.

Blastoderm55
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm shocked by this game. I did not think Seattle would give Dallas a game.

navscanmaster
09-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm happy for once there wasn't some penalty on a big hit.Normally I would agree, but to call the little playful push on the same play a PF is a slap in the face.

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm shocked by this game. I did not think Seattle would give Dallas a game.

technically they haven't, lol

83Indian
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm happy for once there wasn't some penalty on a big hit.

Only problem that was helmet to helmet. If he had hit him in the chest, then okay. I hope Lee catches him across the middle before the game is over

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Only problem that was helmet to helmet. If he had hit him in the chest, then okay. I hope Lee catches him across the middle before the game is over
No it wasn't...the whip lash motion just makes it seem that way.

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Dallas O-line just got manhandled today. Hell, the D-line did too.

83Indian
09-16-2012, 05:51 PM

We will see. Sure looked like the crown of the helmet hit up against his face mask. If so, the NFL will take care of it.

Z-RO
09-16-2012, 05:51 PM

No, that was helmet to helmet

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 05:55 PM
This should have been called a penalty.

According to Mike Pereira...

On a blindside block the player is defenseless and you can't lead with your helmet no matter where you hit him.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/GOLDEN-TATE-HEADHUNTING.gif

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
No, that was helmet to helmet

nope...it was not helmet to helmet...but still illegal

regaleagle
09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Good old-fashioned butt-whooping on the Cowboys is what it is. That oughta get their attention,huh. Thinking they could just go into Seattle and play that finesse stuff ain't gonna git it. It's one of those days when you can switch it to the Rangers, LOL.

Z-RO
09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
nope...it was not helmet to helmet...but still illegal

Watch it in slow motion, the crown of his helmet hits his face mask.

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Watch it in slow motion, the crown of his helmet hits his face mask.

The initial hit is at the right shoulder pad but the whip lash motion makes it appear helmet to helmet.

83Indian
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
The initial hit is at the right shoulder pad but the whip lash motion makes it appear helmet to helmet.

Yep. Your right its below his facemask. What does the league do about these? I would say it was clean after seeing this slowed down.

raider red 2000
09-16-2012, 06:16 PM
The Sean Lee hit was a good one. Illegal- maybe. I guess he could have dive at Lee's knees and blown one of them out.

Bullaholic
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Dear Mr. Garrett:

Your team may be talented enough to win a Super Bowl---but they sure aren't mentally or physically tough enough to win one.

raider red 2000
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Dear Mr. Garrett:

Your team may be talented enough to win a Super Bowl---but they sure aren't mentally or physically tough enough to win one.

I wish there was a like button :)

Eagle 1
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
8-8...

Roughneck93
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Felix Jones....time to move on without him.

Macarthur
09-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Dear Mr. Garrett:

Let's all tap the brakes. It's a long season. NE just lost to AZ. Sometimes you just get beat.

Bullaholic
09-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Let's all tap the brakes. It's a long season. NE just lost to AZ. Sometimes you just get beat.

The Pats got beat 20-18, Mac---not run out of the stadium 27-7. I don't think I am overreacting to the way the Cowboys lost one bit. They might recover--but no way if they play more games like the Seattle game.

Gone Fishing
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Cryboys are'nt very good. 7and 9 ....

Macarthur
09-16-2012, 09:24 PM
The Pats got beat 20-18, Mac---not run out of the stadium 27-7. I don't think I am overreacting to the way the Cowboys lost one bit. They might recover--but no way if they play more games like the Seattle game.

Well, no kidding. If they play like they did today, they will go 3-13. Good grief. No one is saying we should feel good about this. I'm just saying that no one needs to be jumping off any buildings.

They also got beat by a team that many regard as the best homefield advantage in football. They have a very solid defense and one of the most physical RBs in the game.

NE lost to AZ at HOME!

defense51
09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
This game was hard to watch, kind of like a peewee game where one team is beaten badly in every aspect of the game.

GrTigers6
09-17-2012, 07:56 AM
The Cowboys were still in lala land from beating the Giants. Everyone was out of sync. The D played very well the first quarter and a half and then they followed suit. Several dropped passes, several passes no where close to recievers. Some due to Reciever error and some due to Romo missing. I kept thinking maybe they would pull it together but they just got worse.

Farmersfan
09-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, no kidding. If they play like they did today, they will go 3-13. Good grief. No one is saying we should feel good about this. I'm just saying that no one needs to be jumping off any buildings.

They also got beat by a team that many regard as the best homefield advantage in football. They have a very solid defense and one of the most physical RBs in the game.

NE lost to AZ at HOME!

But isn't this just an example of the ongoing issues this team has had for a decade now? The lack of mental toughness or discipline! We can almost always depend on one superstar or another to make a momentum killing mistake at the least opportune time. If it's not the franchise QB then it's the franchise wide receiver or the franchise TE. Romo, Witten and Dez combined for a terrible day full of bad decisions, mistakes and a lack of execution. I don't think this loss will make or break the entire season and the Cowboys will improve but I think we all see the writing on the wall. I think we can expect a lot of the same ole'-same ole' from this team. I also see that we will have another season of all the debates and arguments about who should go and who should stay while this team struggles to a 8-8 or 9-7 season and miss the playoffs again.....

I also can't help but wonder how long Felix Jones is going to be given the opportunity to screw his team with his kick returns? If the Cowboys can't find someone better working at the local car wash then they need to fire their entire scout team........ just sayin'

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 08:35 AM
It's called the Cowboy Star. They whupped up on the Giants and immediately that Star on their helmets sunk into their skulls. Now they gotta yank it back out and put it back on the helmet where it needs to stay.

Farmersfan
09-17-2012, 08:38 AM
The Cowboys were still in lala land from beating the Giants. Everyone was out of sync. The D played very well the first quarter and a half and then they followed suit. Several dropped passes, several passes no where close to recievers. Some due to Reciever error and some due to Romo missing. I kept thinking maybe they would pull it together but they just got worse.

Romo made a few great plays and whole bunch of really stupid plays. Thank goodness the defenders on the Seahawks can't catch or Romo ends the day with at least 3 interceptions. And how many times is he going to lead his receivers into a decapitation????? He almost got Dez killed and Witten killed........
I said after the big (illegal) hit on Sean Lee that if the Cowboys had any pride at all Tate gets taken off the field on a stretcher. Not because of the hit but because of his antics afterwards. he should have been a marked man. The Cowboys just didn't seem to care that someone took a cheap shot at one of their young studs. I can't imagine someone doing this to a Steeler or a Patriot and not getting their arse handed to them on an upcoming play...... That is the difference in a winning mentality and losing mentality! Just my opinion of course but isn't this the same as allowing an opposing pitcher to throw at the head of your superstar with a retaliation? Or allowing another player to run at your "Mike Modano" without making them aware it won't be tolerated?

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 08:48 AM
But isn't this just an example of the ongoing issues this team has had for a decade now? The lack of mental toughness or discipline! We can almost always depend on one superstar or another to make a momentum killing mistake at the least opportune time. If it's not the franchise QB then it's the franchise wide receiver or the franchise TE. Romo, Witten and Dez combined for a terrible day full of bad decisions, mistakes and a lack of execution. I don't think this loss will make or break the entire season and the Cowboys will improve but I think we all see the writing on the wall. I think we can expect a lot of the same ole'-same ole' from this team. I also see that we will have another season of all the debates and arguments about who should go and who should stay while this team struggles to a 8-8 or 9-7 season and miss the playoffs again.....

If this team isn't different, yes, it will be another 8-8. I'm just not ready to go there yet because I think you need to be through at least a quarter of the season before you start making any definitive statements. I do think JG has remade this roster with guys that are different than in the past. We'll see if that makes a difference.

I also can't help but wonder how long Felix Jones is going to be given the opportunity to screw his team with his kick returns? If the Cowboys can't find someone better working at the local car wash then they need to fire their entire scout team........ just sayin'

He's worthless. I would start looking for a team that needs some RB help and see if I could get something for him.

Maroon87
09-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Romo made a few great plays and whole bunch of really stupid plays. Thank goodness the defenders on the Seahawks can't catch or Romo ends the day with at least 3 interceptions. And how many times is he going to lead his receivers into a decapitation????? He almost got Dez killed and Witten killed........

You were pretty quiet about Romo last week. In fact, you went out of your way to praise everyone EXCEPT #9. And now he's the reason they lost? How many times did he hit Witten right in the hands only for the pass to be dropped? Seriously dude...it must suck to hate somebody so much.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 08:51 AM

I don't want to get into this again, but yes, Romo was not good yesterday. Virtually every QB in the league would be inaccurate with the kind of pressure the OL was giving up. If he isn't mobile, there could have been easily 6 sacks yesterday. Romo was not good.

I said after the big (illegal) hit on Sean Lee that if the Cowboys had any pride at all Tate gets taken off the field on a stretcher. Not because of the hit but because of his antics afterwards. he should have been a marked man. The Cowboys just didn't seem to care that someone took a cheap shot at one of their young studs. I can't imagine someone doing this to a Steeler or a Patriot and not getting their arse handed to them on an upcoming play...... That is the difference in a winning mentality and losing mentality! Just my opinion of course but isn't this the same as allowing an opposing pitcher to throw at the head of your superstar with a retaliation? Or allowing another player to run at your "Mike Modano" without making them aware it won't be tolerated?

I would have liked to have seen the Cowboys dial someone up on the Seahawks. A 15 yarder would have been worth it.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 08:53 AM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkIZqKldQll4A07KJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBycG huNzU5BHNlYwNkZC1pbWctc3VtLTEEc2xrA2xhdHN1bQ--?w=1159&prtnr=Getty&h=1024&imgurl=d2.yimg.com%2Fsr%2Fimg%2F1%2Fe090b8f6-8b87-3d3c-ab04-5e90161018e0&size=223KB+%7C+9+hours+ago&p=sean+lee&ni=21&no=1&tt=Dallas+Cowboys+at+Seattle+Seahawks&sigi%5B0%5D=&sigi%5B1%5D=11ps39lch&tmpl=&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com&imgt=latest

Farmersfan
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
You were pretty quiet about Romo last week. In fact, you went out of your way to praise everyone EXCEPT #9. And now he's the reason they lost? How many times did he hit Witten right in the hands only for the pass to be dropped? Seriously dude...it must suck to hate somebody so much.

Be careful Morron87! Your Romosexuality is hanging out.................

Newsflash: In case you don't know it I don't like Tony Romo! Why would you would expect me to act like I do is beyond me. In my opinion Tony Romo is paid his 12 million dollars a year to perform like he did last week. It is what I EXPECT from him. Besides, I'm pretty sure I gave Romo credit for a great game last week. So I ask you why you aren't questioning all those people who praised Romo last week why they aren't ripping him this week? Isn't it the same?

GrTigers6
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Be careful Morron87! Your Romosexuality is hanging out.................

Newsflash: In case you don't know it I don't like Tony Romo! Why would you would expect me to act like I do is beyond me. In my opinion Tony Romo is paid his 12 million dollars a year to perform like he did last week. It is what I EXPECT from him. Besides, I'm pretty sure I gave Romo credit for a great game last week. So I ask you why you aren't questioning all those people who praised Romo last week why they aren't ripping him this week? Isn't it the same?Because its not all Romo. Several dropped passes,several bad passes, Bad defense, terrible special teams. This game is on the Coaches and no one else for not having the team ready to play. And I know that the players are responsible for some of the preperation but its still up to the coaching staff to get them prepared and keep them from going into the game thinking they had already won it

Emerson1
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
So I ask you why you aren't questioning all those people who praised Romo last week why they aren't ripping him this week? Isn't it the same?
Because no one put the entire win on his shoulders and gives him every piece of credit.

You put the entire loss on his shoulders for every single game while barely giving him any credit for a win.

The Cowboys could lose 61-60 and Romo have 500 yards passing and only 1 incompletion in the 1st quarter and it would be entirely his fault they lost according to you.

Bullaholic
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
No way Romo was the main reason for this loss---he certainly contributed some, but this was a complete team butt-whipping in all phases of the game handed out by a hungry Seattle team. Like a lot of Cowboys fans--I thought the Giants win was a real signal that the Cowboys had finally turned the corner. But after watching their gutless, inept performance yesterday, I am reminded only of more of the same 1-playoff-win-in-16-seasons .500 win team of the past. Jason Garrett had better find a way to light a fire under his players EVERY week---not just now and then. I am tired of hearing the same old "Well, we need to analyze our mistakes and do better next week" sound byte tossed out by coaches and players alike after every loss like this. I remain a longtime Cowboy fan, but this brand of Cowboy football has worn out it's welcome with the core of diehard Cowboys fans , who deserve better EVERY game, not just a game now and then when these players feel like playing.

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Because no one put the entire win on his shoulders and gives him every piece of credit.

You put the entire loss on his shoulders for every single game while barely giving him any credit for a win.

The Cowboys could lose 61-60 and Romo have 500 yards passing and only 1 incompletion in the 1st quarter and it would be entirely his fault they lost according to you.

Farmer has never unfairly blamed Romo, and he did say that Romo played well last week. Unfortunately one great week from Romo doesn't get us to the playoffs. Romo was not the only player for Dallas that had a bad game, but he did have a bad game. I thought the defense started out strong, and eventually gave up more than I would like later, but 10 points are not even to their credit. I still think the defense is going to be better than last year. I am still wondering if our offense is going to be as hot and cold as they have been the last few years. Cause like it or not, that might most definetely mean cold when it counts later. I want the cowboys to use what they got and put together a playoff year this year as bad as any. And not that this loss would concern me, but how we lost does give me early concern.

Cowboys will bounce back, we just have to hope they stay up when the do.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
The thing is when you talk about QB mistakes, it's interesting how one's perspective influences how they see things.

For example, the INT that Romo threw was a poor decision. Why was it a poor decision? Well, it was a poor decision because he was getting pressure up the middle right in his lap. Guess which QBs make mistakes when the pocket breaks down? ALL OF THEM. Anyone see how ordinary the Giants D made Brady look, twice?

The real answer is that the decision was Romo's fault, but there are also variables that factor into the QB making a bad decision.

If the Cowboys pass rush puts pressure on a QB and forces him to make a bad decision, do we give the Cowboys credit for FORCING a turnover, or is it the QBs fault for the poor decision? The answer generally is a little of both.

I heard one of the idiot talking heads on TV saying that Romo hates it when he gets pressure up the middle of the pocket. WELL, DUH! Show me a QB that actually likes having pressure dropped right in his lap. It's become a problem with much of the 'analysis' of ESPN and NFLN. With few exception, you have players that could play the game, but are not really very good at analysis.

And I don't want to start up the Romo is better than Eli debate, but if you go to nfl.com and check out the highlights of the Giants game, Eli's INTs were absolutely ridiculous.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/43267/typical-incredible-invaluable-eli-manning

Here's an aritcle where they absolute slober the knob of Eli about his 4th quarter. Sure, it was a great 4th quarter, but he had to have that to bring his team back because for the first half and change, he was absolutely BRUTAL! You tell me that if the rolls were reversed, would Romo get this same media coverage.

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
IN A WAY, Eli has earned what the analyst do for him when they pump him up. He as won a couple super bowls. Romo has earned the negative crap he gets from them. When it counts, they can count on him giving them a story, it will be how he couldn't do it again when it really counts.

Until Romo changes that, they are going to give him the negative crap. Why should they treat him and Eli or Brady as equals. Eli and Brady have earned some respect around the league and with the media.

Note, I said "In a way" to start this message. But there is a lot of truth to it.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 03:18 PM
I would not deny that Eli has done great things. I think he was really good down the stretch last year. I think he was very pedestrian in 2007. He got credit for making a play where the WR jumped up and pinned the ball against his helmet.

And let's not forget that Eli was a Romo to Austin pass getting lost in the lights away from not making he playoffs last season.

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I would not deny that Eli has done great things. I think he was really good down the stretch last year. I think he was very pedestrian in 2007. He got credit for making a play where the WR jumped up and pinned the ball against his helmet.

And let's not forget that Eli was a Romo to Austin pass getting lost in the lights away from not making he playoffs last season.

And yet, that seems to be the story of Romo's life vs the story of Eli's life. Something makes the difference, and ROMO HASN'T SEEMED TO HAVE IT.

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
And yet, that seems to be the story of Romo's life vs the story of Eli's life. Something makes the difference, and ROMO HASN'T SEEMED TO HAVE IT.

No doubt that Romo has a hand in that, but clearly, Eli has had a better defense and far better coaching staff during each's tenure as QB of their respective team.

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2012, 03:32 PM
the problem I have with the comparison is people act like Romo has never been clutch when he has over and over

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 03:37 PM
the problem I have with the comparison is people act like Romo has never been clutch when he has over and over

I hear you on that TXB, but in my mind, and that could be wrong; Romo has been clutch when the hype over a game has not been big going into the game. If the media talks about the match up as a big one, or the playoffs are on the line, or the media calls it in that he will bomb b/c it is december, he seems to be less clutch in these scenarios.

He is less tense when the pressure wasn't on from the media before the game. I may just be being a hater, b/c I know I haven't had confidence in him for years. Who knows, maybe he is just a hot and cold guy, and the cold in big games is just a coincidence.

Bullaholic
09-17-2012, 03:50 PM
For the millionth time---Tony Romo is considered to be one of better QB's in the NFL by every credible source out there---including players. I get mad at him like every other Cowboy fan when he does blow a key game, but like TXB posted--he has had a lot more good moments than bad---and IF his Cowboys teammates ever find their manhood, and Jason Garrett demands performance every week with no excuses from everyone, then Romo will begin to win some of the big ones that they have lost in the past. I think he can get it done if he has a supporting cast who consitently play their best every down and give a damn about winning every game.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2012, 04:47 PM
IMO, the problem with Romo's situation versus one like say the Texans is this:

Texans have such a good running game that they don't depend on Schaub to win games. All he has to do is manage the game and not screw up and the Texans win.

The cowboys have an adequate running game, but it's not a difference maker in my opinion. The cowboys are going to live and die by their QB and will rely on him to make plays to win games. When that's the situation, there will always be ups and downs (hot and cold games if you will).

When you rely on him to make plays and win games like the cowboys do, he's going to make mistakes. The best of them do. But at the end of the day, Romo is a great QB, better than Schaub, and this is coming from a texans fan, but I think Schaub will win a Super Bowl first because the Texans have a winning team style of offense. The cowboys win if Tony lights it up, otherwise they don't. You just can't expect Romo to put up video game numbers week in and week out. You have to be able to run the ball for 150+ yds and take pressure off him and win games other ways besides Tony's arm.

Emerson1
09-17-2012, 04:52 PM
IMO, the problem with Romo's situation versus one like say the Texans is this:

Texans have such a good running game that they don't depend on Schaub to win games. All he has to do is manage the game and not screw up and the Texans win.

The cowboys have an adequate running game, but it's not a difference maker in my opinion. The cowboys are going to live and die by their QB and will rely on him to make plays to win games. When that's the situation, there will always be ups and downs (hot and cold games if you will).

When you rely on him to make plays and win games like the cowboys do, he's going to make mistakes. The best of them do. But at the end of the day, Romo is a great QB, better than Schaub, and this is coming from a texans fan, but I think Schaub will win a Super Bowl first because the Texans have a winning team style of offense. The cowboys win if Tony lights it up, otherwise they don't. You just can't expect Romo to put up video game numbers week in and week out. You have to be able to run the ball for 150+ yds and take pressure off him and win games other ways besides Tony's arm.
They can't run because the offensive line is terrible. If you take away Murray's 48 yard run in game 1 where the defense decided to not tackle him for a 3 yard loss he is only averaging a crappy 3.9 ypc.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
They can't run because the offensive line is terrible. If you take away Murray's 48 yard run in game 1 where the defense decided to not tackle him for a 3 yard loss he is only averaging a crappy 3.9 ypc. so we agree that the running game isn't effective enough to take pressure off Tony. I mean... 3.9 isn't too bad actually, but how many carries is he getting?

The Cowboys need 30+ rushing attempts a game. I think the Texans had 40+ yesterday.

I just think there's too much pressure on Romo to win games so he's forced into 35+ attempts a game and is more likely to throw a pic

Bullaholic
09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
so we agreenth at the running game isn't effective enough to take pressure off Tony. I mean... 3.9 isn't too bad actually, but how many carries is he getting?

The Cowboys need 30+ rushing attempts a game. I think the Texans had 40+ yesterday.

I just think there's too much pressure on Romo to win games so he's forced into 35+ attempts a game and is more likely to throw a pic

I think the coaching staff knows that the Cowboys "O" line is going to have a hard time lining up and moving anyone right now, so they just "jab' with Murray now and then to keep things honest, and rely on Romo to try to make something happen with the passing game.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I think the coaching staff knows that the Cowboys "O" line is going to have a hard time lining up and moving anyone right now, so they just "jab' with Murray now and then to keep things honest, and rely on Romo to try to make something happen with the passing game.

Exactly, the fact that Romo is the only one doing the 'heavy hitting' is the problem. If the cowboys had a running game that strong enough and consistent enough to open up the passing game, Romo would have a field day every Sunday.

Instead, the Cowboys rely on Tony to open up the run game by picking apart the D. If he can't do it, the cowboys have 0 offense and he struggles and all the haters come out. If he is able to, that open the run and the cowboys O clicks. Then all the Romosexuals come out.

I actually believe Romo is a top 5 QB in the league but I don't think he's in a situation he can win a super bowl in. Hell, I don't think any QB besides Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees could win a super bowl in Dallas running 75% of the offense through them

Macarthur
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I agree completely that they need to run the ball more. However, sometimes the game dictates that. Yesterday, they only ran 16 offensive plays in the 2nd half. Can't establish a run game when you're behind and only get 16 plays.

txsportswriter
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
That game so reminded me of the Cowboys of the past few years. It's almost as if they have a curse on them or something. Did Jerry Jones make a deal with the devil to get those Super Bowl rings in the 90's?

regaleagle
09-18-2012, 03:46 AM
A look at the Cowboys tells you what a quality Oline is worth in the NFL. Just ask Peyton Manning. Basically his injury was the best thing that could have happened to him, just because it gave him a way out of Baltimore and the luxery of being able to pick the team with the best protection and opportunity for him to stay successful. The Cowboys really need to look at where they are spending their dollars, and how much dead weight they are carrying. Felix Jones has been mentioned already, but there's got to be plenty more ways to free up some cash to acquire a decent Oline. They have some good rb's if the line could provide some holes to run through. It does no good to pay premium contracts for rb's if you don't have a line that will allow them to utilize their talents. That, in turn, would allow the recievers and Romo to become much more effective in the passing game. A quality Oline is paramount in today's NFL for a team to be successful. Too many ingredients depend on it, and the defensive players are just too fast and talented. Without a quality Oline to protect your qb and allow a running game, you're just gonna be middle of the road at best. That's just the way it is. A qb cannot win enough games on his own in a 16-game season with just skill players in today's NFL. It's not happening with any other team, and it won't happen for the Cowboys either. That's the worst part of the whole Romo saga......he has NEVER in his tenure had that kind of scenario with the Cowboys like Troyboy did.

Farmersfan
09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
The biggest thing that Romo has in his favor in Dallas is the HUGE number of excuse makers on his side. I get accused of hatin' on Tony Romo but that couldn't be further from the truth. Well, at least not the entire truth! The Cowboys are my team! Tony Romo is the driving force on my team! I have repeatedly stated that because Tony Romo has the ball in his hands 100% of the offensive plays then he gets a lot more of the responsibility for the success and failure of this team. People don't appreciate this because I don't generally praise him or pat him on the back for DOING HIS JOB WELL! If you look at my history I don't very often pat anyone on the back for doing the job they are paid to do. I do on the other hand call people out for not doing their job well and when I dislike them I will most liikely call them out twice as often. See how that works? :doh:
As far as all this excuse making goes, let me just say that every single QB in the history of the NFL goes through the same kinds of problems that Romo goes through. People are way too quick to place the blame for Romo's mistakes on other aspects of the game. Also keep in mind my dislike of Romo is equal the result of what he doesn't do as it is what he does. The Dallas offensive line isn't a dominating force in the NFL like Troy Aikman had. We get that. But it is a useable offensive line and over the past 6 or 7 years has not been ranked below average very often. So the attitude of excusing our franchise QB's mistakes because of a the offensive line is a bit distrubing. A good QB gets it done with what he has to work with. Of course they all have off games and bad days but they aren't exempt from criticism when they do! (except of course it seems Romo is supposed to be).
Sunday's game was a perfect example of Romo's career. Great expectations created by his own ability one week causes extreme frustration because of his inability the next. Everything you guys say about how he would be so much better with a better O-line or a better running game is completely true. But so would every single QB in the league. At some point Romo must have success with what he has around him. And for the millionth time, I don't have a real problem with Romo because of his numbers. His stats have him as a top 5 rated QB currently playing in the NFL. My problems with Tony Romo are the intangibles and what lies between the numbers. All QBs throw interceptions but not many of them seem to be as harmful to his team as Romo seems to throw. The timing of mistakes made is very important. It's called "CRUNCHTIME"! Starting out behind the 8-ball because of special teams miscues would probably qualify as crunchtime. And Romo proceeds to throw a interception. Not an interception that the defense made a great play on but a normal Tony Romo brain fart interception where he throws the ball into a group of Seahawk defenders and one of them catches it as a self defense reaction. And Tony threw 2 or 3 more passes in that game that were just as ridiculous and only the catching ineptness of the defense kept it from being 3 or 4 interceptions. See, throwing interceptions when the defense makes a diving deflection or fantastic play is one thing. But throwing a ball into blanket coverage by 4 Seahawks to Mile Austin when your team is desperate to get a little momentum is unforgiveable. Yet this has been Romo's M.O. his entire career. So you guys can keep your excuses. Romo has played with a above average team for his entire career but he has managed below average success with that team. END OF STORY!

Saggy Aggie
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
The biggest thing that Romo has in his favor in Dallas is the HUGE number of excuse makers on his side. I get accused of hatin' on Tony Romo but that couldn't be further from the truth. Well, at least not the entire truth! The Cowboys are my team! Tony Romo is the driving force on my team! I have repeatedly stated that because Tony Romo has the ball in his hands 100% of the offensive plays then he gets a lot more of the responsibility for the success and failure of this team. People don't appreciate this because I don't generally praise him or pat him on the back for DOING HIS JOB WELL! If you look at my history I don't very often pat anyone on the back for doing the job they are paid to do. I do on the other hand call people out for not doing their job well and when I dislike them I will most liikely call them out twice as often. See how that works? :doh:
As far as all this excuse making goes, let me just say that every single QB in the history of the NFL goes through the same kinds of problems that Romo goes through. People are way too quick to place the blame for Romo's mistakes on other aspects of the game. Also keep in mind my dislike of Romo is equal the result of what he doesn't do as it is what he does. The Dallas offensive line isn't a dominating force in the NFL like Troy Aikman had. We get that. But it is a useable offensive line and over the past 6 or 7 years has not been ranked below average very often. So the attitude of excusing our franchise QB's mistakes because of a the offensive line is a bit distrubing. A good QB gets it done with what he has to work with. Of course they all have off games and bad days but they aren't exempt from criticism when they do! (except of course it seems Romo is supposed to be).
Sunday's game was a perfect example of Romo's career. Great expectations created by his own ability one week causes extreme frustration because of his inability the next. Everything you guys say about how he would be so much better with a better O-line or a better running game is completely true. But so would every single QB in the league. At some point Romo must have success with what he has around him. And for the millionth time, I don't have a real problem with Romo because of his numbers. His stats have him as a top 5 rated QB currently playing in the NFL. My problems with Tony Romo are the intangibles and what lies between the numbers. All QBs throw interceptions but not many of them seem to be as harmful to his team as Romo seems to throw. The timing of mistakes made is very important. It's called "CRUNCHTIME"! Starting out behind the 8-ball because of special teams miscues would probably qualify as crunchtime. And Romo proceeds to throw a interception. Not an interception that the defense made a great play on but a normal Tony Romo brain fart interception where he throws the ball into a group of Seahawk defenders and one of them catches it as a self defense reaction. And Tony threw 2 or 3 more passes in that game that were just as ridiculous and only the catching ineptness of the defense kept it from being 3 or 4 interceptions. See, throwing interceptions when the defense makes a diving deflection or fantastic play is one thing. But throwing a ball into blanket coverage by 4 Seahawks to Mile Austin when your team is desperate to get a little momentum is unforgiveable. Yet this has been Romo's M.O. his entire career. So you guys can keep your excuses. Romo has played with a above average team for his entire career but he has managed below average success with that team. END OF STORY!

tl;dr

Rattler
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
The cowboys better step it up or I will find something else to watch...
http://www.dysir.com/dysir/d/file/sport/2011-02-11/Funny-football-1-1297435133.jpg

Saggy Aggie
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
The cowboys better step it up or I will find something else to watch...
http://www.dysir.com/dysir/d/file/sport/2011-02-11/Funny-football-1-1297435133.jpg

Lmao

Farmersfan
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
tl;dr

Most third graders could read it in about 10 seconds. But I'll paraphrase for you: I'M RIGHT! YOU'RE WRONG!

coach
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM

blah blah blah