PDA

View Full Version : Manziel

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
294 yds and 4 tds passing.

124 yds and 2 tds rushing.

Against SMU though. Aggie defense looked really strong again.

LHPfactory
09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
294 yds and 4 tds passing.

124 yds and 2 tds rushing.

Against SMU though. Aggie defense looked really strong again.

He is looking to be a cross between a running back and Drew Brees.... This Cat is a balla fo-sho

jdawg2012
09-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Seems to surprise me on every play. SMU couldn't bring him down. At one point they had him wrapped up and he spun out and fired a shot downfield that resulted in a TD. Most exciting player I've seen in a long time. A&M's future looks bright.

Pirate Fan
09-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Im saying Heisman before he leaves for the next level if he can stay away from injuries.

Old Tiger
09-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Im saying Heisman before he leaves for the next level if he can stay away from injuries.He will be a "system" guy because of Sumlin's history - lack of aggie success.

navscanmaster
09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
He will be a "system" guy because of Sumlin's history - lack of aggie success.
Sumlin and Kingsbury have a system, but Manziel seems to have athleticism that doesn't read system. If he continues to improve and stay healthy, a Heisman down the road is more likely than a great NFL career at his size. But Heisman talk is just silly two games into a freshman year. I will say that if A&M's defense continues its quality play it has shown so far, they may have a better showing in years one and two of the SEC West than we all had them pegged for. Staying cautiously optimistic and with my 8-4 prediction, losses to Florida, LSU, MSU, and Bama. Auburn and Arky look to be sliding into the rear view mirror.

Sville
09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I have to echo these remarks about the play Manziel and especially the defense. I also remain cautiously optimistic about my Ags.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Named SEC offensive player of the week.

Leads the conference in total offense.

Another fun fact I saw:

On 3rd down, Manziel is 14/15 passing with 10 1st downs and 3 tds...

SintonFan
09-17-2012, 04:52 AM
He will be a "system" guy because of Sumlin's history - lack of aggie success.

Manziel wills wins. This guy is bigger than "a system". Watch the K-T product own this team. ;) Manziel > Mini Didtka

WARHORSE84
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I was able to watch him play his senior year against Medina Valley and he put on a show.:1popcorn:

jason
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Named SEC offensive player of the week.

Leads the conference in total offense.

Another fun fact I saw:

On 3rd down, Manziel is 14/15 passing with 10 1st downs and 3 tds...

what is their conference record?

kolton browning is 1-1 vs the SEC this year...

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM

0-1

But thats a team effort. Has nothing to do with Manziel himself, which is what this thread is about. Hes one of the few people who DID show up against Florida.

Manziel has 7 TDs and 0 turnovers this season, accounting for 640 or so yards in 2 games.

NastySlot
09-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Mabank kid right?

navscanmaster
09-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Mabank kid right?
Yup, pretty gutsy QB ULM got themselves. Looks like he could have stayed in Texas and played for any number of programs, but you never know how kids will turn out. Garrett Gilbert is waving at me as I type this.

NastySlot
09-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Yup, pretty gutsy QB ULM got themselves. Looks like he could have stayed in Texas and played for any number of programs, but you never know how kids will turn out. Garrett Gilbert is waving at me as I type this.

think we find out how good of a team they are with Baylor this week.....not too many teams make road trips to Arkansas, Auburn and Baylor on consecutive weekends.....kinda of brutal for small school.

I really like their (ULM) secondary.

Tom Foolery
09-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I coached this kid in Little Dribblers basketball in Tyler when he was 11. He was the one kid we would sic on the best player on the other team. We knew someone was gonna get a bloody nose. Great player but he is gonna get broken in half if he continues to run. You cant win the Heisman with a broken leg.

Pick6
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I've seen Manziel play many times, he will not stop running, that is who he is. Keep his hands in his pocket at Wal-Mart and he'll do just fine for the aggies.

NastySlot
09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I've seen Manziel play many times, he will not stop running, that is who he is. Keep his hands in his pocket at Wal-Mart and he'll do just fine for the aggies.
Just wondering you live in the hill country?

Old Tiger
09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
McLovin is the key to the Aggies success

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtRT7dOPGUIGonmVlJWlMqkTDFMVtDI yHGZ9B3HASmIX4XLlwGKssqakdiOA

NastySlot
09-17-2012, 07:30 PM
McLovin is the key to the Aggies success

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtRT7dOPGUIGonmVlJWlMqkTDFMVtDI yHGZ9B3HASmIX4XLlwGKssqakdiOA

Someone had huge poster at game day a few weeks ago.....pretty creative.

Pick6
09-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Just wondering you live in the hill country?

i do not, my in-laws live in Kville. My nephew graduated with Manziel. He's just made some bad decisions in the past. Hopefully he is learning from them. He has a ton of talent that can take him far.

NastySlot
09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
i do not, my in-laws live in Kville. My nephew graduated with Manziel. He's just made some bad decisions in the past. Hopefully he is learning from them. He has a ton of talent that can take him far.

I agree...hope he can stay of trouble and make the most of his opps. I have watched him since he was a freshman at Tivy I remember telling my son I think I might just seen the best high football on any level.....he continued to amaze the next three years also. He is very talented speaking Kville people he excels in all sports...was a heck of baseball player, golfer and was told he would of started on hoops team if he had play.

Pick6
09-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree...hope he can stay of trouble and make the most of his opps. I have watched him since he was a freshman at Tivy I remember telling my son I think I might just seen the best high football on any level.....he continued to amaze the next three years also. He is very talented speaking Kville people he excels in all sports...was a heck of baseball player, golfer and was told he would of started on hoops team if he had play.

They all say he is a nice kid, just needs to do a little more maturing. I have no doubt that he is the best High School Athlete that i've seen play.

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2012, 08:09 PM
at halftime,

15/20 for 174 yds. 3 TDs.

8 carries, 78 yds. 2 TDs.

A&M leads 49-7....

regaleagle
09-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Sumlin has a way of matching his offensive system with the right talented qb. This looks to be a good match for A&M, along with other talented players on this young team. They should prove to be very formidable in a couple of years in the SEC. This year an 8-4 record will be enough to turn heads. Sumlin and Kingsbury will wake up the SEC and possibly push some teams this season.

SWMustang
09-23-2012, 09:15 AM
I think they're really happy with him in Aggieland. :)

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I think they're really happy with him in Aggieland. :)

Lol I saw that during the game was wondering if I was the only one who caught it. Smh...

NastySlot
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Good Read

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Johnny-Football-Nickname-started-in-Aggieland-but-his-legend-began-in-the-Hill-Country-170922091.html

unless you re old tiger...he'll find something to rag on.

underthetepee
09-28-2012, 01:48 PM
The way he plays, was he injured much in HS?

Saggy Aggie
09-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I didn't follow him closely in hs outside of his sr year stats, but I don't know of any significant injuries

Pick6
09-28-2012, 02:42 PM

no, he was healthy

Emerson1
09-28-2012, 04:32 PM

I've never gotten this line of thinking. He runs the ball more often. How is injury potential anymore then a WR or RB? He probably even has more pads on then them if he wears a flak jacket.

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
MANZIEL at halftime:

18/24 for 261 yds. 3 tds.

84 yds rushing.

Still 0 turnovers this season....

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
453 yds passing. 3 tds.

104 yds and a TD.

Barely into the 4th qt...

Macarthur
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
That TD run was ridiculous.

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2012, 11:48 PM
ttt

Kids a beast

Ernest T Bass
09-30-2012, 11:55 PM
I've never gotten this line of thinking. He runs the ball more often. How is injury potential anymore then a WR or RB? He probably even has more pads on then them if he wears a flak jacket.

It's not, but it's a WHOLE lot harder to replace a QB than any other position. Takes too long to train one, and takes a long time for him to get game experience.

Buff42
10-01-2012, 08:57 AM
It's not, but it's a WHOLE lot harder to replace a QB than any other position. Takes too long to train one, and takes a long time for him to get game experience.

I agree. And the drop off from Johnny Football to Showers is HUGE. I hope he stays healthy.

Macarthur
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I agree. And the drop off from Johnny Football to Showers is HUGE. I hope he stays healthy.

Word is, Showers may acually be a more polished passer right now than JFF. Obviously, he doesn't have the playmaking ability, but Showers would start for a ton of schools right now.

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Word is, Showers may acually be a more polished passer right now than JFF. Obviously, he doesn't have the playmaking ability, but Showers would start for a ton of schools right now.

hahaha, you're one of the guys who believes that garbage? smh

Did you see the pass that Showers threw that got picked off against SMU i think?

Manziel has ZERO turnovers in 4 games. Showers threw a pick immediately after going in the game and went like 2/10 for 9 yards or some shiiii. Manziel has been breaking all time passing records at A&M and then breaking his own records.

You guys are stupid if you think Showers is better in any way shape or form. Hell, I mean how could you even fathom up to say something like Showers is a more polished passer when Manziel just broke the school record for passing yards against arkansas. smfh

Macarthur
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Did you see the pass that Showers threw that got picked off against SMU i think?

Manziel has ZERO turnovers in 4 games. Showers threw a pick immediately after going in the game and went like 2/10 for 9 yards or some shiiii. Manziel has been breaking all time passing records at A&M and then breaking his own records.

You guys are stupid if you think Showers is better in any way shape or form. Hell, I mean how could you even fathom up to say something like Showers is a more polished passer when Manziel just broke the school record for passing yards against arkansas. smfh

Calm down, Saggy. I think the right guy is starting.

I'm just making the point to the poster that seems to think that if JFF goes down the Aggies are screwed. Showers is a really good QB and would start at quite a few D1 schools right now. That doesn't mean he's better than JFF.

NastySlot
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Showers threw a pick immediately after going in the game and went like 2/10 for 9

you sure you have your games right cause I'm pretty sure I remember Showers coming and going perfect on his drive against SMU which ended in a touchdown -remember texting my son to say Showers throws well and we have a solid backup.Jameill Showers

6-7-0 76 0 long of 22 v.SMU

I thought I remember the pick coming against SC-State.

garciap77
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Is Manziel 3A? And if the are, how come they are not rank in the top 10?

FB-fanatic
10-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Is Manziel 3A? And if the are, how come they are not rank in the top 10?

Yep, out near Tolar. Good place to eat a chicken fried steak.

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
you sure you have your games right cause I'm pretty sure I remember Showers coming and going perfect on his drive against SMU which ended in a touchdown -remember texting my son to say Showers throws well and we have a solid backup.Jameill Showers

6-7-0 76 0 long of 22 v.SMU

I thought I remember the pick coming against SC-State.

Lol maybe you missed the part where I said it was against 'smu I think?'??

I was too lazy to check which game it actually was so that makes my point invalid?

Fact is, he was terrible against an even worse team than smu. Congrats on proving a point?

NastySlot
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Lol maybe you missed the part where I said it was against 'smu I think?'??

I was too lazy to check which game it actually was so that makes my point invalid?

Fact is, he was terrible against an even worse team than smu. Congrats on proving a point?

the point being valid not important.....not going to change your mind and not trying too.

Just wondering why so hard on Showers...he's a Good QB and quality person......"I think" if we look at what he has done in mop up time he has done well I would "think" he's probably completed about 50% of his pass

I don't think anyone was trying to say he should be playing ahead of Manziel...Mac posted he felt the Ag's were in good shape with a backup in Showers.

and believe me I feel the right guy is starting......and have been a huge fan of Manziel for along time now.

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
the point being valid not important.....not going to change your mind and not trying too.

Just wondering why so hard on Showers...he's a Good QB and quality person......"I think" if we look at what he has done in mop up time he has done well I would "think" he's probably completed about 50% of his pass

I don't think anyone was trying to say he should be playing ahead of Manziel...Mac posted he felt the Ag's were in good shape with a backup in Showers.

and believe me I feel the right guy is starting......and have been a huge fan of Manziel for along time now.

Yeah I think we have a decent backup. I wouldn't call 50% completion doing 'well' against smu/scsu, especially considering Manziel has to be >75% without checking the stats.

And he didn't say he thought showers was better but you've been under a rock if you didn't hear people saying that after the smu game. Manziel went insane at smu and there were crowds outside Kyle field chanting for showers.

I heard the 'give me showers or give me death' chants as well during the Florida game.

I saw dozens of posts on forums and fb statuses about showers being a better passer and able to run the offense more effectively and IMO, I don't see ANYONE playing better than Manziel has.

I just can't stand to hear this 'showers is a better passer' crap. Showers is a poor mans manziel

NastySlot
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah I think we have a decent backup. I wouldn't call 50% completion doing 'well' against smu/scsu, especially considering Manziel has to be >75% without checking the stats.

And he didn't say he thought showers was better but you've been under a rock if you didn't hear people saying that after the smu game. Manziel went insane at smu and there were crowds outside Kyle field chanting for showers.

I heard the 'give me showers or give me death' chants as well during the Florida game.

I saw dozens of posts on forums and fb statuses about showers being a better passer and able to run the offense more effectively and IMO, I don't see ANYONE playing better than Manziel has.

I just can't stand to hear this 'showers is a better passer' crap. Showers is a poor mans manziel

Well I haven t been under a rock.....just close always at work. I do the best I can to stay in the loop about aggie football. I haven t heard that qb debate much lately but yeah I heard it. Can't let what you read on the "zoo" get you all worked up. There are better things to debate...such as "old army" v. "new army...... Better Yet Laynes or Canes?

Buff42
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM

MacArthur just talks to hear himself say something...........

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Better Yet Laynes or Canes?

No contest.

everyone knows laynes is better

NastySlot
10-02-2012, 07:31 AM
No contest.

I agree.

1st and goal
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
No contest.

I think it is the "dive-ness",,,or is it the sauce???

gordo
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
No contest.

Neither "Wings and More"

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
MacArthur just talks to hear himself say something...........

Someone's got to bring some common sense to this board.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Manziel at halftime:

15/22 for 271 yds and 2 TDs.

10 carries for 79 yds and 1 TD.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Did anyone see Manziel shed a blocker and chase down 2 guys on that 'fumble' and make that tackle?

BEAST play.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2012, 12:49 AM
386 yds, 3 tds. 1 pick (pick6)

181 yds rushing & 3 tds.

Broke his own total offense in the SEC record tonight...

Papá Oso
10-14-2012, 01:31 AM
First player in SEC history to have two games of 500-plus yards of total offense in a single season. Need to have him show the DB's how to tackle.

PO

1st and goal
10-14-2012, 07:20 AM
First player in SEC history to have two games of 500-plus yards of total offense in a single season. Need to have him show the DB's how to tackle.

PO

This x2

Rabid Cougar
10-14-2012, 11:37 AM

PO

Not even Cam Newton did this ......Nada, Nobody... Channeling Bucky Richardson on steroids!

LHPfactory
10-17-2012, 05:05 PM
He is damn good, If A&M can prove themselves in the SEC this year, I think they will have the upper hand in recruiting from the Rio Grande to the Atlantic...... Just watch.

By prove I mean beat LSU and give Alabama fits, win or loose. Also beat Ole Miss.

If they lost to LSU and Alabama but gave em both hell and beat Ole Miss, I think this would be enough to earn the respect of the SEC and prove themselves.

This should be enough to put em in front of Texas in recruiting.

1st and goal
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
He is damn good, If A&M can prove themselves in the SEC this year, I think they will have the upper hand in recruiting from the Rio Grande to the Atlantic...... Just watch.

By prove I mean beat LSU and give Alabama fits, win or loose. Also beat Ole Miss.

If they lost to LSU and Alabama but gave em both hell and beat Ole Miss, I think this would be enough to earn the respect of the SEC and prove themselves.

Shuuuuush....don't say that. Look at what all those recruits are doing these days...

Couldn't resist. Back to Manziel,

If he can learn to throw on the run,,,,watch out. Also, after the false fumble at the goalline where he chased down 1st guy and caused a fumble and tackled 2nd guy, I say he plays safety too. Johnny Football. :) Too bad they don't count sideways yardage or he'd have at least 800 yds/game.

ogg
10-17-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm a A&M hater, but I think the Aggies are gonna kick LSU's a**.

sandmaster
10-18-2012, 12:01 AM
http://http://www.lostlettermen.com/6-29-2012-texas-am-johnny-manziel-arrested-shirtless-mug-shot/

Old news on Johnny but his season could have been much different!

regaleagle
10-18-2012, 12:46 AM
A pure joy to watch. You don't hafta be an Aggie or Aggie Alum to know this kid is special. Lots of talent, grit, determination, and leadership in his make-up....stuff that can't be coached. I just hope he makes it thru the season without a major injury. He is young, and will learn when he is putting himself and his team at risk as he matures in the game at this level. So far, he has gotten by. Every time he's on I'm watching, I can tell you that. And I'm a Longhorn fan from as long as I can remember. Good luck this season to the AGS in the SEC. Maybe UT will learn how to do more with the quality recruits they land. OR do a better job picking the right players. But I don't think it's a player problem at UT. The talent is there.

Lion70
10-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Gifted player I am just glad he plays for A&M cause he not only is a good passer but a great runner. He even tackled two defenders by chasing them down from the goaline. ( Fumble recovery)

LionFan72
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Manziel is a special player, once a decade type. I say the next three games will challenge his skill set and we shall see how great the kid can become. i just pray that he does not get injured, and we all know how LSU plays! I am not a AGs fan at all, but do wish them well.

Saggy Aggie
10-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm here to pump a little more sunshine up bigcountry's ass.

Manziel returned to form after the bad game against LSU.

Against Auburn:

16/23 260 yds & 2 TDs

9 carries for 90 yds & 3 tds.

He was taken out only a few mins into the 3rd qtr.

Old Tiger
10-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Will be interesting to see the Ags next year.

Especially with the possibility of losing Matthews and Joeckel.

They will be losing the following

Patrick Lewis
Swope
Nwachukwu
Kenric McNeal
Christine Michael
Matthews*
Joeckel*

That is possibly 3 offensive linemen and 2 receivers that account for 9 touchdowns this season.

Defensively they lose 5 possibly 6 players also.

This was a good year for Sumlin to come into the A&M program but next year will be the tougher test. They do have a better schedule though.

Saggy Aggie
10-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Will be interesting to see the Ags next year.

Especially with the possibility of losing Matthews and Joeckel.

They will be losing the following

Patrick Lewis
Swope
Nwachukwu
Kenric McNeal
Christine Michael
Matthews*
Joeckel*

That is possibly 3 offensive linemen and 2 receivers that account for 9 touchdowns this season.

Defensively they lose 5 possibly 6 players also.

This was a good year for Sumlin to come into the A&M program but next year will be the tougher test. They do have a better schedule though.

Well hopefully we don't lose both Matthews and Joeckel. That'd be a tough hit, but as far as EZ and Christine Michael and kenric McNeil go, they're all replaceable. Swope is the only one I'm concerned about losing besides the lineman. Trey Williams and Malena are making it happen right now so it's nbd when Michael is gone.

I like our chances offensively if we can keep at least 1 of the 2 tackles. Defensively, we're losing quite a bit. I'm more concerned on that side of the ball tbh.

1st and goal
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Aggies looked pretty good yesterday. Starting to gain confidence. Amazing Offensive called game.

Johnny getting better by the game, even Heisman candidacy mentioned. I did not like the post TD superman act that drew a flag.

Macarthur
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Kid is amazing.

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Kid is amazing.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/2585371/jmanz.0_standard_352.0.gif

:D

gameface
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Superman, Johnny Man-flag welcome after his endzone open the heart display-Aggies are simply bringing it-look out BAMA, Johnnie's on the loose!!

Saggy Aggie
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Superman, Johnny Man-flag welcome after his endzone open the heart display-Aggies are simply bringing it-look out BAMA, Johnnie's on the loose!!

What?

1st and goal
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Kid is amazing.

Can you believe he was hardly looked at around Texas recruiting wise? He was gonna go to Oregon IIRC.

Definitely a game changer. Wondering what Bama D is practicing this week? Heard on the local radio how the A&M defensive coach stated that practicing against him was almost impossibly difficult, and that he only had maybe 3 guys on D with the speed to catch him. Personally, I'd like to see him run fewer designed QB keepers and keep evading and throwing or running on the evasive maneuvers.

I hope we can give Bama a good game. I'm worried about the kicking game which is horrible right now.

Buff42
11-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Can you believe he was hardly looked at around Texas recruiting wise? He was gonna go to Oregon IIRC.

Definitely a game changer. Wondering what Bama D is practicing this week? Heard on the local radio how the A&M defensive coach stated that practicing against him was almost impossibly difficult, and that he only had maybe 3 guys on D with the speed to catch him. Personally, I'd like to see him run fewer designed QB keepers and keep evading and throwing or running on the evasive maneuvers.

I hope we can give Bama a good game. I'm worried about the kicking game which is horrible right now.

Our pitiful kicking game is the difference between us being BCS #15 and deep into the Top 10. Did you see Manziel get into Bertolet's face when he missed the FG Saturday?

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm here to pump a little more sunshine up big country's ass.

I just wonder if he'll do us a favor and show up this week on the downlow?

Roughneck93
11-10-2012, 09:29 PM
What a play...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ManzielScramblingTD.gif

1st and goal
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Those idiots on CBS were so 'Bama biased, it was funny. They didn't even have Manziel in their Heisman race candidates. Manziel just gave them the best ratings they've probably had in football this year (including pro's except maybe for Texan games) and they just don't quite know how to admit he is a legitimate candidate. They kept referring to his loss to LSU. Idiots didn't mention the kicker cost A&M the game, not Manziel.

1st and goal
11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
OH, and Swopes should be a legitimate NFL slot receiver. I dare not compare him to Welker or I'll get called a racist again by racists.:spitlol:

83Indian
11-10-2012, 11:45 PM
What a play...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ManzielScramblingTD.gif
The kid is electric. No play is ever over with him. Bama had no answer. Love the fact a former Big 12 team is giving the SEC heck. Big 12 not so soft as some think.

defense51
11-11-2012, 01:25 AM
A&M is for real and Manziel is amazing, this kid has poise and a ton of athleticism. The SEC had better take notice!

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Been watching football for a lot of years, and I may not always pick the winner in games, but I do feel I can pick player "winners" when I see one---Johnny Manziel is a winner--you can see it in his body language, attitude, and will to win, which is reflected on the field and absorbed by the entire team. Most of the great QB's had "it"-- Staubach and Montana, for examples. The Ags are very fortunate to have this young man running their offense.

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Manziel earned the Walter Camp nat'l offensive POTW award with his performance against Bama.

Still waiting on Big Country to come tell me why A&M isnt that good and we're never getting to the next level blah blah

1st and goal
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I think Johnny is a legit Heisman candidate, just don't know if it's ever been given to a player that hadn't had a collegiate snap(in prior years) before.

The thing is, the whole team is playing like a well oiled machine and the D has shown me as much or more improvement as the offense has.

SintonFan
11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I think Johnny is a legit Heisman candidate, just don't know if it's ever been given to a player that hadn't had a collegiate snap(in prior years) before.

The thing is, the whole team is playing like a well oiled machine and the D has shown me as much or more improvement as the offense has.

That D helped earn that victory. :thumbsup:

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Been watching football for a lot of years, and I may not always pick the winner in games, but I do feel I can pick player "winners" when I see one---Johnny Manziel is a winner--you can see it in his body language, attitude, and will to win, which is reflected on the field and absorbed by the entire team. Most of the great QB's had "it"-- Staubach and Montana, for examples. The Ags are very fortunate to have this young man running their offense.

No doubt I am a Texas fan however I will agree with everything said here, I know we are still in this years season but with a QB like Manziel size you have to wonder when that big hit is coming to knock him out so the question is do you think the coaches will try to slow his running down. There are just to many head hunters out there for him to survie week in and week out, he is definitely special and fun to watch.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 08:25 AM
No doubt I am a Texas fan however I will agree with everything said here, I know we are still in this years season but with a QB like Manziel size you have to wonder when that big hit is coming to knock him out so the question is do you think the coaches will try to slow his running down. There are just to many head hunters out there for him to survie week in and week out, he is definitely special and fun to watch.

I think if you do that, you take away what makes him special. As for injury, he's gone through the meat of an sec schedule without losing any snaps.

I think as he goes along and gets more experience, he will learn how to minimize those hits and pick his spots.

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I think if you do that, you take away what makes him special. As for injury, he's gone through the meat of an sec schedule without losing any snaps.

I think as he goes along and gets more experience, he will learn how to minimize those hits and pick his spots.

I hear what your saying, just saying in years past when you have a QB like him it seems coaches get to concrened about getting him hurt and change his style. It will be interesting to see how long he can go without getting hurt, most all QB's like him seem to get hurt eventually. One thing really special about him is he trows the ball acurate even on the run, he receivers are also playing lights out. I have to admitt I even enjoy watching the aggies with him at QB and I would agree Kingsbury ( OC ) will be a hot coach in a year or two, Sumlin is a good coach but a good HC surround himself with good coaches.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I hear what your saying, just saying in years past when you have a QB like him it seems coaches get to concrened about getting him hurt and change his style. It will be interesting to see how long he can go without getting hurt, most all QB's like him seem to get hurt eventually. One thing really special about him is he trows the ball acurate even on the run, he receivers are also playing lights out. I have to admitt I even enjoy watching the aggies with him at QB and I would agree Kingsbury ( OC ) will be a hot coach in a year or two, Sumlin is a good coach but a good HC surround himself with good coaches.

Well, I think just by the natural maturation process, he should become a more polished passer so I think that should result in a little less running. But I think as a coach, you simply have to work with him on his decision making and emphasize protecting the ball, but you gotta let JFF be JFF.

Buff42
11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
The kid is electric. No play is ever over with him. Bama had no answer. Love the fact a former Big 12 team is giving the SEC heck. Big 12 not so soft as some think.

83, you took a page from hook's playbook. This victory IS NOT a vaildation of the Big 12 in any way shape or form- it is, however, a true validation of A&M being a legitimate contender in the toughest conference in all of college football. Quit trying to make this about the 'horns in some off-handed way.

This is a completely new A&M system on both sides of the ball, a totally new coaching staff, and a redshirt freshman at QB that Mack Brown, being the stellar genius that he is, didn't offer a scholarship to. He passed on Swope too, by the way.

Go play on your TV netowrk and sell 5 million orange tshirts to people who can't even spell university. As for us, all we need is a place kicker to make the difference between two losses or being undefeated. A&M- give us room.

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 03:35 PM
83, you took a page from hook's playbook. This victory IS NOT a vaildation of the Big 12 in any way shape or form- it is, however, a true validation of A&M being a legitimate contender in the toughest conference in all of college football. Quit trying to make this about the 'horns in some off-handed way.

This is a completely new A&M system on both sides of the ball, a totally new coaching staff, and a redshirt freshman at QB that Mack Brown, being the stellar genius that he is, didn't offer a scholarship to. He passed on Swope too, by the way.

Go play on your TV netowrk and sell 5 million orange tshirts to people who can't even spell university. As for us, all we need is a place kicker to make the difference between two losses or being undefeated. A&M- give us room.

Much of the same players from last years middle of the pack Big 12 team , SEC just like most conferences has some top notch teams but no top to bottom solid teams. Play in the SEC for a couple more years with new talent then you will be a true SEC team, it has been said for years that a spread team cannot win in the SEC. I would call ATM a spread team, be proud of what they said cannot be done. T- Shirt fans are everywhere, Orange, Maroon, it don't matter.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Much of the same players from last years middle of the pack Big 12 team , SEC just like most conferences has some top notch teams but no top to bottom solid teams. Play in the SEC for a couple more years with new talent then you will be a true SEC team

While it's true these are many of the same players, you need don't need to watch too much to realize that this team is completely different. And don't forget that A&M was a top 10 team preseason last year, so everyone knew they had talent. A&M led against everyone in their losses last year, including the Big 12 champ, OSU.

, it has been said for years that a spread team cannot win in the SEC.

Cam Newton & Tim Tebow say hello.

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Much of the same players from last years middle of the pack Big 12 team , SEC just like most conferences has some top notch teams but no top to bottom solid teams. Play in the SEC for a couple more years with new talent then you will be a true SEC team, it has been said for years that a spread team cannot win in the SEC. I would call ATM a spread team, be proud of what they said cannot be done. T- Shirt fans are everywhere, Orange, Maroon, it don't matter.

I would say that the SEC is deeper with its talent than any other conference. Which means more quality opponets week to week than any other conference. So 2 losses in this conference is far more respectable than 2 losses in any other conference. Look at the top 10 right now. 6 of which are from the SEC, so I would think you would have to acknowledge that the SEC is has more quality teams than most with 6 falling in the top 10. I know you say top notch teams, many others are worse and say that after 1 or 2 it drops off, I find that hard to agree with.

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
And A&M was on NOBODY'S radar prior to this season.

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM

It's almost like you are lustfully wishing he'd get hurt. your true colors bleed through your posts. I expect a lot more bandwagon fans to come aboard by the end of the season.

I think it's nothing short of amazing the job that Kingsbury has done with play calling and the ability of the O to make things happen. The D has had a few mental errors in the secondary, but nothing near as bad as last few years. Things are clicking, and the whole team is on for the ride.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
It's really unfortunate for the Aggies that they had that Florida game so early. I don't think there's any doubt that A&M is a better team now than Florida.

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
It's almost like you are lustfully wishing he'd get hurt. your true colors bleed through your posts. I expect a lot more bandwagon fans to come aboard by the end of the season.

I think it's nothing short of amazing the job that Kingsbury has done with play calling and the ability of the O to make things happen. The D has had a few mental errors in the secondary, but nothing near as bad as last few years. Things are clicking, and the whole team is on for the ride.

Get over the the Texas - ATM thing, it has nothing to do with that. I am as impressed with ATM as anyone, I am just stating a fact that most QB's that play the game like he does eventually get's hurt or the coaches make him change the way he plays, lustfully wishing he'd get hurt. What a stupid comment, you cannot be serious.

vtskneb
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
He is the greatest Aggie college football player ever, because of that one win. Hands down.

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
He is the greatest Aggie college football player ever, because of that one win. Hands down.

I'm not quite ready to say that. Besides there's a whole lot of game balls to pass out on both sides O and D. Nearly every player on the field made great plays. 'cept the poor kicker. Hope he gets his leg straightened out.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I thought spencer Nealy deserved a lot of credit. He played like a boss against Bama

Football fan
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Much of the same players from last years middle of the pack Big 12 team,

You realize that Sherman was fired because the A&M administration felt he underachieved relative to the talent he had?

A&M was a top 10 team in the 2011 preseason polls, so many felt they had plenty of talent.

vtskneb
11-12-2012, 06:11 PM
You realize that Sherman was fired because the A&M administration felt he underachieved relative to the talent he had?

A&M was a top 10 team in the 2011 preseason polls, so many felt they had plenty of talent.

No offense to the Aggies but this should open some eyes across the nation that the SEC love fest needs to end. Also, to the person that said he is not at the top of the heap when it comes to best college Aggie ever who is above him? He holds the second A&M defeat against No. 1 and this was not in CS. It was in one of the toughest road environments there is in college football. Against what many feel is the best defensive coach in the game.

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
It's really unfortunate for the Aggies that they had that Florida game so early. I don't think there's any doubt that A&M is a better team now than Florida.
I think if we play la tech first we win the Florida game. It was awesome to see bama take away the short game by halftime, like florida did, and manziel burn them with the deep ball. He couldn't do that in his first college game, which is expected. Wish we had florida and lsu the next two weeks...we would win those right now.

crabman
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Aggie trivia - who is the winningest QB in A&M history? Not may people get this one right. Corey Pullig. Hopefully Manziel will beat that record and it will be a little more memorable.

Football fan
11-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Slocum ruined a lot of highly touted QB's.

buff4ever
11-13-2012, 12:17 AM
No offense to the Aggies but this should open some eyes across the nation that the SEC love fest needs to end. Also, to the person that said he is not at the top of the heap when it comes to best college Aggie ever who is above him? He holds the second A&M defeat against No. 1 and this was not in CS. It was in one of the toughest road environments there is in college football. Against what many feel is the best defensive coach in the game.

You are wrong twice here IMO. First off, I have said it already and I will say it again. The SEC is deep with talent. 6 teams in the top ten are currently SEC teams. For A&M to have played 3 teams in their conference that are not only in the top 10, but have been in the top 5 at some point in the year is crazy. If a team comes out of the SEC with 1 loss, given the level of talent across the SEC, that is more than impressive.

Manziel has the makings and impressive start to become one of or the best Aggie ever, but you can't give that to him after his freshman year. I agree that he most likely will be labeled that one day, but he hasn't earned it yet. He is exciting and athletic as hell, but he is surrouned with talent in a system that every player has seemed to have bought into more so than in the past. He has a better than average line blocking for him, he has a handful of running back talent, and he has a rookie receiver (evans) that is going to be one of the greatest aggie receivers to play at A&M. He also has a senior receiver (swope) that is a tremendous athlete, receiver and leader on offense. Swope has A&M records of his own. This coaching staff has put together a offense that highlights all of these players, and Manziel happened to be the perfect GREAT athlete to help orchestrate it on the field. He will hopefully live up to what he has set the table for in his freshman year, but let's not discredit the athletes around him that make his job possible. The coaching staff as well for taking the talent A&M was know to have last year and turning it into success.

Roughneck93
11-13-2012, 12:57 AM
A&M and Manziel family taking steps to trademark "Johnny Football"...

http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/At-A-M-freshman-phenom-Manziel-is-one-and-only-4031130.php#photo-3728031

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
You are wrong twice here IMO. First off, I have said it already and I will say it again. The SEC is deep with talent. 6 teams in the top ten are currently SEC teams. For A&M to have played 3 teams in their conference that are not only in the top 10, but have been in the top 5 at some point in the year is crazy. If a team comes out of the SEC with 1 loss, given the level of talent across the SEC, that is more than impressive.

Manziel has the makings and impressive start to become one of or the best Aggie ever, but you can't give that to him after his freshman year. I agree that he most likely will be labeled that one day, but he hasn't earned it yet. He is exciting and athletic as hell, but he is surrouned with talent in a system that every player has seemed to have bought into more so than in the past. He has a better than average line blocking for him, he has a handful of running back talent, and he has a rookie receiver (evans) that is going to be one of the greatest aggie receivers to play at A&M. He also has a senior receiver (swope) that is a tremendous athlete, receiver and leader on offense. Swope has A&M records of his own. This coaching staff has put together a offense that highlights all of these players, and Manziel happened to be the perfect GREAT athlete to help orchestrate it on the field. He will hopefully live up to what he has set the table for in his freshman year, but let's not discredit the athletes around him that make his job possible. The coaching staff as well for taking the talent A&M was know to have last year and turning it into success.

My comment about the SEC hype is that South Carolina and LSU do not belong in the top 10, I think Clemson and Florida State are more deserving. I think Georgia and Florida are both overhyped and the fact that Alabama only fell to No. 4 after losing to No. 15 is a joke. I think Florida is playing really bad football right now and I believe they will take A&M's BCS berth, which I think A&M deserves.

I am not an Aggie but who has set the College football world on fire from A&M like Manziel? No one and if so please tell me who I am missing. I think A&M is a very good team. I do not think the chasm that ESPN paints as fact is nearly as far apart between the SEC and the rest of college football. It is all conjecture but that is what we do on here. Cuss and discuss.

buff4ever
11-13-2012, 12:13 PM
My comment about the SEC hype is that South Carolina and LSU do not belong in the top 10, I think Clemson and Florida State are more deserving. I think Georgia and Florida are both overhyped and the fact that Alabama only fell to No. 4 after losing to No. 15 is a joke. I think Florida is playing really bad football right now and I believe they will take A&M's BCS berth, which I think A&M deserves.

I am not an Aggie but who has set the College football world on fire from A&M like Manziel? No one and if so please tell me who I am missing. I think A&M is a very good team. I do not think the chasm that ESPN paints as fact is nearly as far apart between the SEC and the rest of college football. It is all conjecture but that is what we do on here. Cuss and discuss.

The BCS formulas don't take into consideration what conference you are from, it takes into consideration your strenght of schedule and that changes every week based on results of all games. The AP or USA poll may can show bias towards the SEC, but the BCS does not have a bias bone in its body. It doesn't mean the BCS system is flawless, it is just the best ranking system other than actually playing the games. Yay for playoff system on the way.

I will agree that Manziel is the most exciting football player this season around the NCAA, but he will have to repeat success atleast one more year to be called a greatest ever at A&M or anything else.

1st and goal
11-13-2012, 12:18 PM
quoted from an interview:

"I don't know how to stop him," said standout LSU defensive end Sam Montgomery, who invoked the moniker Johnny Football on eight occasions in about a minute during a recent visit with reporters. "The Heisman? Give it to him."

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 03:01 PM
The BCS formulas don't take into consideration what conference you are from, it takes into consideration your strenght of schedule and that changes every week based on results of all games. The AP or USA poll may can show bias towards the SEC, but the BCS does not have a bias bone in its body. It doesn't mean the BCS system is flawless, it is just the best ranking system other than actually playing the games. Yay for playoff system on the way.

I will agree that Manziel is the most exciting football player this season around the NCAA, but he will have to repeat success atleast one more year to be called a greatest ever at A&M or anything else.

It is in fact a computerized mathematical formula of human biased input data.

Here is the formula:

http://www.bcsknowhow.com/bcs-formula

1st and goal
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
So, if I'm lucky, my father in law might cough up the $40 for the PPV game this weekend. Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

SintonFan
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM

Have you noticed the angles he takes in the open field? He makes it hard to get a good hit on him many times.

Buff42
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM

Here again, we have a LOGIC failure- you say the "SEC Love Fest" needs to end, but then go on to make no less than three points about why the SEC is indeed the toughest conference in college football. The SEC move for A&M was brilliant and will pay dividends for many years to come.

That giant sucking noise? Recruits bailing out on tu, OU, LSU, and Florida schools to make tracks to Aggieland and Coach Sumlin.

vtskneb
11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Here again, we have a LOGIC failure- you say the "SEC Love Fest" needs to end, but then go on to make no less than three points about why the SEC is indeed the toughest conference in college football. The SEC move for A&M was brilliant and will pay dividends for many years to come.

That giant sucking noise? Recruits bailing out on tu, OU, LSU, and Florida schools to make tracks to Aggieland and Coach Sumlin.

Most of my post was poking holes in the Bama is the greatest ever balloon. A&M is a very good team, Bama is a very good team. LSU and SC should not be in the top 10 over Clemson and FSU. Clemson will have its shot to prove where they are in relation to SC is and so will FSU with Florida. I believe it will sort itself out by years end. If they both lose then I will eat my SEC crow but if I am right A&M will get the BCS bid it deserves.

1st and goal
11-20-2012, 09:39 PM
So the guys on the radio (in Austin) say Manziel is at the top of the Heisman candidate hopefuls, but that the voters won't vote for a freshman. I say why not?

They are saying if there is no meltdown to Mizzou, he at least deserves it as much as anybody else if not more. Also said, the only other candidate they said is close is the LB at Notre Dame. So, if the LB has a great game, and Johnny has a bad game, that will solve the voters' problem of having to vote for a frosh.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
439 yds and 5 TDs vs mizzou.

Breaks numerous school records and the record for total offense in the SEC tonight, which he will add to in the bowl game.

Decent year...

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh and... Front runner for the heisman?

Him and Te'o in my opinion. Maybe Lee from USC if his team was relevant.

A freshman and a defensive player... This ought to be interesting.

vtskneb
11-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Most of my post was poking holes in the Bama is the greatest ever balloon. A&M is a very good team, Bama is a very good team. LSU and SC should not be in the top 10 over Clemson and FSU. Clemson will have its shot to prove where they are in relation to SC is and so will FSU with Florida. I believe it will sort itself out by years end. If they both lose then I will eat my SEC crow but if I am right A&M will get the BCS bid it deserves.

Ole crazy eyes and the old ball coach served me up some crow and cost the aggies a chance at a BCS bowl game. I saw an interesting stat today. The top 6 of the SEC went 30-0 against the bottom 8 in the conference. Also Bama and Georgia only faced 2 of the top 6 each while the others played 3. Some things that make you go hmmm. Manziel would win if he was an upperclassman.

Phil C
11-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Ole crazy eyes and the old ball coach served me up some crow and cost the aggies a chance at a BCS bowl game. I saw an interesting stat today. The top 6 of the SEC went 30-0 against the bottom 8 in the conference. Also Bama and Georgia only faced 2 of the top 6 each while the others played 3. Some things that make you go hmmm. Manziel would win if he was an upperclassman.

I agree that he would win if he were an upper classman but unfortunately too many voters won't vote for a freshman which is a shame. He is the most deserving this year in my opinion. It will probably be another Heisman farce like 1956 and 2005.

FB-fanatic
11-26-2012, 02:56 AM
I agree that he would win if he were an upper classman but unfortunately too many voters won't vote for a freshman which is a shame. He is the most deserving this year in my opinion. It will probably be another Heisman farce like 1956 and 2005.

It looks like Manziel will make history as a Freshman.

http://heismanpundit.com/

By virtue of his Thanksgiving performance, I think it's done.

He will give his first interviews for the season starting tomorrow. Should be interesting.

hsbtex
11-26-2012, 04:22 AM

He will give his first interviews for the season starting tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Getting to watch him in person on Saturday was crazy. My knees hurt just watching him dart left and right. While we were at the MSC on saturday I saw a shirt that said "keep College Station normal". I bought it :)

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 07:26 AM
The stadium went absolutely silent when he got his knee strained. Was good to see him come back out with a brace and perform. They kept him in longer than I expected, I guess to help him get more stats/awareness.

hookandladder
11-26-2012, 07:47 AM
The most exciting player in College football right now, hands down he should win the Heisman. Who gives a Rats A _ _ what grade he is in, the best player should win and that is him even if he is an Aggie.

pancho villa
11-26-2012, 10:24 AM

this guy is on dope!

Buff42
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
The most exciting player in College football right now, hands down he should win the Heisman. Who gives a Rats A _ _ what grade he is in, the best player should win and that is him even if he is an Aggie.

:iagree:

Finally something I agree with Hook about.......

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
2 things I wish could've worked out. The PAT attempt in the previous game, and the trick play for him to catch a TD pass. I blame the PAT miss on his shoe and the TD reception was defended well.

Mizzou player (maybe the one that was holding his leg when he was hurt) was 1st to come across the field after final play and congratulate JM. I am not 100% sure about that but I remember #57 or 37 LB being the one to come over 1st and shake his hand. Will have to look at game film again.

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/11/26/heisman-survey-johnny-manziel-manti-teo/1727049/

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 01:45 PM

Notice you still had to get your "cut" in at the end...maybe your strength of rating QB's is overriding your loyalty....

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman12/

The way I see it, you would have to be a "head in the sand" total homer NOT to vote for him.

1st and goal
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Manziel makes trip to NYC for Heisman candidacy and is leading polls.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman12/

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
posted from Ft worth Star Telegram:

Manziel received seven of 10 available first-place votes from members of the Scripps voting panel. The redshirt freshman, who rushed for 1,181 yards, passed for 3,419 yards and accounted for 43 touchdowns (19 rushing, 24 passing) in his first season as the Aggies’ starting quarterback, is up for two awards that will be presented during tonight’s telecast of The Home Depot College Football Awards Show (6:30 p.m., ESPN): the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award and the Maxwell Award.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2012/12/texas-ams-manziel-becoming-prohibitive-heisman-favorite-odds-now-115-for-him-to-win-saturday-tamu-jo.html#storylink=cpy

Gonna stop in Florida before heading to NYC...Happy Birthday JM!

pancho villa
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
i hope JFF is practicing for the Cotton Bowl!

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
perfect year for a freshman to win...no true superstar in CFB this year which allows a great player to Manziel to step in

Old Tiger
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
perfect year for a freshman to win...no true superstar in CFB this year which allows a great player to Manziel to step in

Definitely says a lot of how terrible a year it is in CFB.

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 01:21 PM
You 2 have some broad brush strokes and it's sad for you both. smh.

Sitting there behind your screens and saying there's no worthy players as a way to write off what Manziel and the Aggies have accomplished.

I say again, sad.

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Sitting there behind your screens and saying there's no worthy players as a way to write off what Manziel and the Aggies have accomplished.

I say again, sad.

It s only down and no one is worthy because all the guys that were hyped up in preseason and early in the year all flopped. If SC and Barkley had done a lot better it would of been a good year (he stayed and they overcame) if geno and WVa had came in out scored OU and rest of the big 12 great story......had maccarron thrown for the winning TD in the final minutes for a second week in row great story good year. Even the michigan Q flopped. So what we have is an ok LB from the biggest program in college football history, a QB who plays for the greatest college coach ever on a team that does things the old fashion way with hard work and finally a Q for a school that was supposed to fail yet comes in and has an ok season record and stat wise. I think most of
the time someone will always say its a down year. God knows that the award is all hype anyway...... And this year the media guys were a little down on their preseason and early season favorites (hype)......idk maybe no one in college made things happen this year i guess. Maybe it was a season in which the media failed.

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Aggies get all butt hurt on anything... Manziel was not even the starter in July... so he came out of nowhere...
could he win it, for sure, should he win it... matter of opinion... will he win it... we will find out...

the one thing for certain is this is a down year... how many times was Landry Jones going to be put up? Denard Robinson, I mean really? Barkley not having a good year hurt... McCarron throws the pick and now Manziel is on top of the list...

buff4ever
12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Aggies get all butt hurt on anything... Manziel was not even the starter in July... so he came out of nowhere...
could he win it, for sure, should he win it... matter of opinion... will he win it... we will find out...

the one thing for certain is this is a down year... how many times was Landry Jones going to be put up? Denard Robinson, I mean really? Barkley not having a good year hurt... McCarron throws the pick and now Manziel is on top of the list...

I will agree that most of the hyped individuals flopped in some way or another. But that doesn't take away from what Manziel has done. I will also agree that if any of the originally hyped wouldn't have flopped, manziel would come in second regardless of stats or his mvp relevance. However, my guess would be even if they didn't flop, Manziel would have had better stats at a minimum still yet.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM

I say again, sad.

what???..look at the CFB season..as Nasty said none of the preseason favs panned out..Manziel filled a void with exciting football, it was not a knock on him at all.

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Aggies get all butt hurt on anything......

If you are referring to me because I speak truths, I am letting you know my ass only hurts when I eat more jalapenos than Pancho...

Manziel was not even the starter in July... so he came out of nowhere...

All the more reason he deserves it. Credit Coach Kingsbury for starting him as a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN. (That song keeps going on in my head)

I think he will win it. And so do the majority of people that care about it.

If he was one of your players, you'd be butt hurt by others' statements...

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM

I don t know how to say this without offending so I will say this first I like last years winner good stats exciting player meet once nice person.....but clinched it on a TD throw because his team had the ball last..... Got beat three times and one game he really played bad the other his team was spanked by a middle of the pack big 12 team........what's so different now? Oh yeah I'm an Aggie and would like to see an Aggie win it also like to see another former Texas HS football player win one that I ve watched and coached against..... He reminds of watching Tim Brown play in HS......just nice to watch guys rise through the different levels and raise their play as they do it. Oh yeah still think he might not win regardless of exit polls and Vegas lines.....I m one of those Aggies that suffers from BAS I guess.

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I will agree that most of the hyped individuals flopped in some way or another. But that doesn't take away from what Manziel has done. I will also agree that if any of the originally hyped wouldn't have flopped, manziel would come in second regardless of stats or his mvp relevance. However, my guess would be even if they didn't flop, Manziel would have had better stats at a minimum still yet.
Not so sure about that, Barkley has greatly underachieved...as has Geno Smith... JFF would still have great stats and he still had a great year... but part of that was because he is, was, an unknown... people knew who Cam Newton was coming in... Manziel, was not even the starter, so it is his out of nowhere story that adds to it... doesnt the kid from NIU, Lynch, have similar stats?

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I don t know how to say this without offending so I will say this first I like last years winner good stats exciting player meet once nice person.....but clinched it on a TD throw because his team had the ball last..... Got beat three times and one game he really played bad the other his team was spanked by a middle of the pack big 12 team........what's so different now? Oh yeah I'm an Aggie and would like to see an Aggie win it also like to see another former Texas HS football player win one that I ve watched and coached against..... He reminds of watching Tim Brown play in HS......just nice to watch guys rise through the different levels and raise their play as they do it. Oh yeah still think he still might no win regardless of exit polls and Vegas lines.....I m one of those Aggies that suffers from BAS I guess.
the problem is not in supporting your player... it is denying that anyone else is even worthy of the award... like I said, I saw Manziel play in high school and it was entertaining to watch... was he the best high school qb I have ever seen, No, but dang was he exciting... and I am sure he is a great guy... but to say that Teo is not deserving, or Klein, or Marquise Lee... is crazy... if McCarron hits the pass to the receiver against ATM instead of throwing the pick, Manziel is not even in New York... so to a point, Pancho is right...

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
If you are referring to me because I speak truths, I am letting you know my ass only hurts when I eat more jalapenos than Pancho...

All the more reason he deserves it. Credit Coach Kingsbury for starting him as a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN. (That song keeps going on in my head)

I think he will win it. And so do the majority of people that care about it.

If he was one of your players, you'd be butt hurt by others' statements...

my point of contention has always been, Herschel Walker and Adrian Peterson, ( who, imo, were clearly better than JFF) could not win the Heisman since they were freshman so the same should hold here...
the Aggies had a great year because of Sumlin's offense and proved that the SEC is vastly overrated, as a team that actually tries to play offense can be very successful in the SEC... the Aggies proved my point... and that is what my point has been all along... most aggies have been butt hurt

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Not so sure about that, Barkley has greatly underachieved...as has Geno Smith... JFF would still have great stats and he still had a great year... but part of that was because he is, was, an unknown... people knew who Cam Newton was coming in... Manziel, was not even the starter, so it is his out of nowhere story that adds to it... doesnt the kid from NIU, Lynch, have similar stats?

Yes I think he does but no one ( media) will build him up because he s not exciting , didn't beat Alabama and he s not a red shirt freshman and because he was able to beat Kansas he s playing in the Orange bowl with his team IMO a great consolation...... Long shot I know but I hope they win

New Taiton
12-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Aggies get all butt hurt on anything

msu97, you are the epitome of butthurt. You run around to every thread involving the ags to bash them on whatever the subject is.

You can cry as much as you want, but vegas has Manziel as a 90% favorite to win, with current odds of -1600.

doesnt the kid from NIU, Lynch, have similar stats

Maybe he does.....what's your point? He plays for Northern Illinois in the MAC. Kids from the MAC don't get the Hesiman.

Butthurt msu97....ahahahahahahahahaha.

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:59 PM
msu97, you are the epitome of butthurt. You run around to every thread involving the ags to bash them on whatever the subject is.

You can cry as much as you want, but vegas has Manziel as a 90% favorite to win, with current odds of -1600.

Maybe he does.....what's your point? He plays for Northern Illinois in the MAC. Kids from the MAC don't get the Hesiman.

Butthurt msu97....ahahahahahahahahaha.

point is, some of you use stats... stats are nothing... playing in the MAC is prolly not different than playing SMU, Arkansas, Auburn, SHSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Miss State, SOuth Carolina St...
and um... ker plunk...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

New Taiton
12-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Point is, you can't stand watching Texas A&M have any sort of success.

Point is, you are very good at making excuses.

Point is, you have a major case of butthurt.

Point is, zzzzzzzzzzz

Point is, ppoooooorrrrr butthurt msu97.

99IHSMustang
12-06-2012, 03:09 PM
point is, some of you use stats... stats are nothing... playing in the MAC is prolly not different than playing SMU, Arkansas, Auburn, SHSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Miss State, SOuth Carolina St...

Are the Heisman voters supposed to use the eyeball test to pick the winner instead of stats? Cmon, seriously.

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 03:10 PM
my point of contention has always been, Herschel Walker and Adrian Peterson, ( who, imo, were clearly better than JFF) could not win the Heisman since they were freshman so the same should hold here...
the Aggies had a great year because of Sumlin's offense and proved that the SEC is vastly overrated, as a team that actually tries to play offense can be very successful in the SEC... the Aggies proved my point... and that is what my point has been all along... most aggies have been butt hurt

Walker and Peterson could of won. I agree they were cheated so that make s it ok to keep doing that? Than it makes it ok to keep cheating guys like Suh, Lavarr Arrington Hugh Green? If they are going to try and keep up status quo the should go ahead just put all the unwritten rules on paper now. I remember thinking walker was cheated when I was younger and that Hugh green was also even as an Aggie I was mad when Vince Young didn't win it.

Like the BCS the trophy for the best college football player needs to be overhauled also

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM

Or in the big 10

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Msu bashes a&ms strength of schedule when they have 1 of the hardest schedules in the country.

I can only imagine manziel's stats if he were still playing a big 12 schedule lol

New Taiton
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM

As I continue to read your drivel, it has become vastly apparant you have no idea what the term butthurt means.

Aggies are incapable of being butthurt this year. INCAPABLE.

They went 10-2 in a conference that you thought would destroy them.

They have the SEC coach of the year, the SEC offensive player of the year, and the heisman hopefull.

They're 2013 recruiting class is about to be one of their best ever, but will not be as good as their 2014 class.

There is no butthurt in College Station.

You on ther other hand, are full of it.

msu97
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Or in the big 10

Big 10 for sure..
and there are unwritten rules... and that is just how I feel... no freshman... but I can see it changing if they see it fit...

and again, if ATM's schedule was the toughest, I would love to see the easiest... because if you seriously think that schedule was tough... would love to see what you think is easy

msu97
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
As I continue to read your drivel, it has become vastly apparant you have no idea what the term butthurt means.

Aggies are incapable of being butthurt this year. INCAPABLE.

They went 10-2 in a conference that you thought would destroy them.

They have the SEC coach of the year, the SEC offensive player of the year, and the heisman hopefull.

They're 2013 recruiting class is about to be one of their best ever, but will not be as good as their 2014 class.

There is no butthurt in College Station.

You on ther other hand, are full of it.

see, this is where you are wrong... i knew the Aggies would win 8-9 games this year... and yes, Aggies are butt hurt... I have seen it... seen the emails, seen the fake twitter accounts... seen it... seen it in ways that would make your stomach and skin crawl... but that is neither here nor there...

whoever looked at the Aggies schedule and thought that they would not win at least 8, was only someone who loves the SEC... the SEC is not a top to bottom great conference... the only games I thought the Aggies would lose this year were to Florida, LSU and Alabama... so I was wrong only once... and I know I was not the only one on that one...

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Big 10 for sure..
and there are unwritten rules... and that is just how I feel... no freshman... but I can see it changing if they see it fit...

and again, if ATM's schedule was the toughest, I would love to see the easiest... because if you seriously think that schedule was tough... would love to see what you think is easy

Florida State? Baylor? Idk

msu97
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I guess... it would be hard to say... Boston College? California? Michigan?

msu97
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
i hope JFF is practicing for the Cotton Bowl!

hard to reason win NA's and BQ's isn't it?

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
see, this is where you are wrong... i knew the Aggies would win 8-9 games this year... and yes, Aggies are butt hurt... I have seen it... seen the emails, seen the fake twitter accounts... seen it... seen it in ways that would make your stomach and skin crawl... but that is neither here nor there...

whoever looked at the Aggies schedule and thought that they would not win at least 8, was only someone who loves the SEC... the SEC is not a top to bottom great conference... the only games I thought the Aggies would lose this year were to Florida, LSU and Alabama... so I was wrong only once... and I know I was not the only one on that one...

No one expected Arkie to fall off like they did or auburn for that matter. Figured ole miss would be tough games. La tech was actually a very solid team who did well in their bowl last year. No one could have predicted that A&M would do this well with an unknown qb coming in, new coaching staff, etc. you're full of **** if you thought A&M would win 9 games. NO ONE gave A&M a snowballs chance in hell to do what they did this year.

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
When did they quit teaching spelling in Brazoria? My cousin lived in Brazoria and played for the roughnecks way back when. He can spell fine. And an old roommate of mine played for Angleton. He spells so so.

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
No one expected Arkie to fall off like they did or auburn for that matter. Figured ole miss would be tough games. La tech was actually a very solid team who did well in their bowl last year. No one could have predicted that A&M would do this well with an unknown qb coming in, new coaching staff, etc. you're full of **** if you thought A&M would win 9 games. NO ONE gave A&M a snowballs chance in hell to do what they did this year.

You tell 'em.

I'm glad the wind is coming from the north right now or it would stink to high heavens...

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I guess... it would be hard to say... Boston College? California? Michigan?

Idk michigan had....Bama ND and Ohio State also had a solid Northwestern on the schedule.......don't want to say about Nebraska.

gameface
12-08-2012, 07:20 AM
All JF tonight! If you disagree, remove your orange colored glasses! Gig'em!

navscanmaster
12-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Johnny Football!!!!! If it weren't for the rehearsal dinner tonight being late tonight, I would be there and not on the island. As it is, it looks like I will have to stroll around tomorrow and see the billboard in Times Square the marketing dept. is planning on putting up for a few days if (when) he wins! I promise to take pictures if I can.