PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado Indians(3-0) vs. China Spring Cougars(2-1)

toddg
09-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Alvarado hosts China Spring in Homecoming game this friday, should be a very good game.

garciap77
09-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Going with the Indians by 14!

83Indian
09-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Indians by 21

Alvarado in a blowout.

toddg
09-16-2012, 11:06 AM
QB West for Alvarado will be making his 33rd start under center, going for win #30.

Pirate Fan
09-16-2012, 11:13 AM
CS by with a FG at the end to win 31-28

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Pirate fan. U saying CS is better than Southwest? They only managed 13 Pts. I watched CS play Glen Rose. I like the team. But small. Alvarado will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides. CS may get a score or 2. But won't be able to slow the offense I feel.

Alvarado by 21

LHPfactory
09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
CS has a good program, but not at Alvarado's level this year, Alvarado by at least 3 TD's

Disclaimer: Dont underestimate CS, they are well coached.

toddg
09-16-2012, 01:23 PM
CS has a good program, but not at Alvarado's level this year, Alvarado by at least 3 TD's

Disclaimer: Dont underestimate CS, they are well coached.

Alvarado does not underestimate anybody..CS returning a lot from last year..what happened to them during district play last year was a fluke/bad luck..i know they are no slouch, thats for sure.

Ville-D
09-16-2012, 01:32 PM
QB West for Alvarado will be making his 33rd start under center, going for win #30.

But under a new center?

Ville-D
09-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Alvarado does not underestimate anybody..CS returning a lot from last year..what happened to them during district play last year was a fluke/bad luck..i know they are no slouch, thats for sure.

I heard that y'all were planning on underestimating us later this season.

Sville
09-16-2012, 03:04 PM
The Indians by 4 or 5 TDs

toddg
09-16-2012, 04:02 PM

i would imagine the folks at overhill&dale will be doing the underestimating that week...

83Indian
09-16-2012, 04:04 PM

As long as GSquared picks Stephenville to win, we got a shot

regaleagle
09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
China Spring has to play over their heads and play stout defense to win this one. Nothing is etched in stone.

Pirate Fan
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Pirate fan. U saying CS is better than Southwest? They only managed 13 Pts. I watched CS play Glen Rose. I like the team. But small. Alvarado will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides. CS may get a score or 2. But won't be able to slow the offense I feel.

Alvarado by 21

As much as it kills me to say this CS is a well coached team and will open up the playbook for this one.

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes I am the One.

mick5302
09-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Alvarado takes this one,

Ville-D
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Alfredo: 71
CS: 34

Roll-On District 7

Ville-D
09-17-2012, 09:14 AM
i would imagine the folks at overhill&dale will be doing the underestimating that week...

How did you get my address?

Rabid Cougar
09-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Roll-On District 7

Oh you are really off the charts with that one.

Ville-D
09-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh you are really off the charts with that one.

Wheres your sense of humor? (or maybe I'm serious) :vrycnfsd:

toddg
09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
How did you get my address?

you live by the high school?...who knew!!

defense51
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM

Roll-On District 7 I like the prediction, but I have my doubts CS can hang 34 on our defense.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I like the prediction, but I have my doubts CS can hang 34 on our defense.Theres no way..

regaleagle
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Alvarado better be ready this week, with all the homecoming distractions and such. I predict a nail-biter of a game in this matchup, and turnovers could prove costly to either team. I seriously doubt that this game will be decided before late in the 4th. I look for CS to spread the Alvarado D out and keep them running around all night. A big play here or there, or a turnover, could cause things to get mighty dicey. Alvarado hasn't been in a game this year where they have been pushed. Maybe they won't be in this one either, but I wouldn't go counting my chickens on this one being the same. Be ready for a wide-open style with some big plays from CS, is my best guess. That's what I'd do against this Alvarado team if I was the CS coach. Why play to Alvarado's strength? I'd be interested in seeing how this game goes. I'm not picking a winner cuz.....there can be only one. Who will it be? I guess we'll find out Friday nite.

No doubt Alvarado has homefield advantage, an unbeaten record, is favored, and a veteran qb to direct the offense. Can CS execute against the Indian D? I don't know.

toddg
09-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Alvarado better be ready this week, with all the homecoming distractions and such. I predict a nail-biter of a game in this matchup, and turnovers could prove costly to either team. I seriously doubt that this game will be decided before late in the 4th. I look for CS to spread the Alvarado D out and keep them running around all night. A big play here or there, or a turnover, could cause things to get mighty dicey. Alvarado hasn't been in a game this year where they have been pushed. Maybe they won't be in this one either, but I wouldn't go counting my chickens on this one being the same. Be ready for a wide-open style with some big plays from CS, is my best guess. That's what I'd do against this Alvarado team if I was the CS coach. Why play to Alvarado's strength? I'd be interested in seeing how this game goes. I'm not picking a winner cuz.....there can be only one. Who will it be? I guess we'll find out Friday nite.

No doubt Alvarado has homefield advantage, an unbeaten record, is favored, and a veteran qb to direct the offense. Can CS execute against the Indian D? I don't know.

you couldnt spread our D out any more than they were last week..Southwest was the fastest team we will face this year..and our D held up..one thing the Indians are this year is focused..nobody is going to sneak up on us, thats for sure.
CS better be ready..i expect nothing less than their best friday nite because they are a good program...but judging from the community pep rally last nite..the Indian nation will be rockin at Charles Head Stadium friday!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
3 more days! I think CS will fight like crazy but will just be overmatched. I'm making a new prediction. Alvarado 35 CS 14. I watched CS play Glen Rose. Also watched them play Salado. Alvarado is much larger up front and can wear down the competition. The RBs for Alvarado will gain in 10 yd chunks. Only a total collapse by Alvarado would enable CS to win. The D for Alvarado will be healthy and can shut teams down. I'm excited.

Ville-D
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I like the prediction, but I have my doubts CS can hang 34 on our defense.

Nice.

OK revised:

A: 71
C: 6

defense51
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice.

OK revised:

A: 71
C: 6 :clap:

Rattler
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Alvarado by 14

defense51
09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
I have no doubt China Spring will bring their best, they are very well coached and execute their game plan well. However the Indians are gaining momentum and playing well, and if our RB's run like they did last week it's going to be a long night for CS. Our young defense is growing up and getting some confidence and much needed experience. The drums are beating loud, FEAR THE SPEAR!

defense51
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
449 j

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Are there no China Spring posters on here? They should let people with regular e mails get on here. I know lots of people who want to post but cant.

GrTigers6
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Are there no China Spring posters on here? They should let people with regular e mails get on here. I know lots of people who want to post but cant.The is only a handful. Kinda like here but only a couple post ever so often, Rabidcougar and bp... Several digits. Cant remember lol

ccmom
09-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Are there no China Spring posters on here? They should let people with regular e mails get on here. I know lots of people who want to post but cant.

Rabid Cougar posts pretty regularly. There used to another one..."CSCougar" or something like that. He kinda quit posting a couple of years ago though, it seems like.

ccmom
09-19-2012, 02:23 PM
The is only a handful. Kinda like here but only a couple post ever so often, Rapidcougar and bp... Several digits. Cant remember lol

I forgot about BP....I knew there was another one but couldn't recall his name.

GrTigers6
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
bp80884 to be exact lol

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I am still here. Just watching all the craziness. "72-6 , 72-34. CS is little. Alvarado is huge and has a QB that is old beyond his years." CS is still the same team that beat Liberty Hill and had both Brownwood and LaVega on the ropes until the last minutes of both games last year. Older, more experienced now.

We shall see.

toddg
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
I am still here. Just watching all the craziness. "72-6 , 72-34. CS is little. Alvarado is huge and has a QB that is old beyond his years." CS is still the same team that beat Liberty Hill and had both Brownwood and LaVega on the ropes until the last minutes of both games last year. Older, more experienced now.

We shall see.

is Blaze 100%? and Miller will be fun to watch.

bp80884
09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
bp80884 to be exact lol

I am here too. At a conference and traveling ALOT so just been watching.

I am looking forward to the game. The Alvarado boys came up to Glen Rose and watched us play a few weeks ago (the saw both the good and the bad side of our team) and they were pretty funny. I wonder if the kid who caught the CS shirt wears it to school.

Looking forward to the game, Alvarado looks tough and I will be rooting on my Cougs!

toddg
09-19-2012, 05:32 PM

I am looking forward to the game. The Alvarado boys came up to Glen Rose and watched us play a few weeks ago (the saw both the good and the bad side of our team) and they were pretty funny. I wonder if the kid who caught the CS shirt wears it to school.

Looking forward to the game, Alvarado looks tough and I will be rooting on my Cougs!

should be a very good game..its homecoming, so i would get there as early as possible if i were you..the parking gets tedious.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-19-2012, 06:13 PM

i was sitting with them. I had the pretty brunette with me! lol!.. he loves his Cougar shirt! That was a weird game. I thought CS should have won especially since GR had 6 turnovers. I LOVE the blue color yall have. Good luck Friday night. Gunna be a fun game to watch. My son is #8 RB Hardy. You'll hear his name a few times. We will have the stands packed too. Its our homecoming. But then again Alvarado always packs the stands.

trojan37
09-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I said in another thread I might start supporting China Spring but I can't make myself do it! Going with the old district foe by at least 3 TD's.

toddg
09-20-2012, 02:41 AM
this is a response i got from a China Spring poster on another website:
"Todd the team yall played last week may have been fast but they had a very predictable offense and they had absolutely no passing attack. CS has a potent passing game and a very effective running game. Yall have not faced a team with a passing attack this year. I am looking forward to the game."

I hope that wasnt rabid cougar or bp..cause it doesnt sound like them..because obviously he doesnt read the waco tribune that had a feature article on the players we faced last week...

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/168717946.html

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-20-2012, 05:49 AM
this is a response i got from a China Spring poster on another website:
"Todd the team yall played last week may have been fast but they had a very predictable offense and they had absolutely no passing attack. CS has a potent passing game and a very effective running game. Yall have not faced a team with a passing attack this year. I am looking forward to the game."

I hope that wasnt rabid cougar or bp..cause it doesnt sound like them..because obviously he doesnt read the waco tribune that had a feature article on the players we faced last week...

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/168717946.html

How funny!!! Hes about to get a taste of the "Real Deal" lol. They havent faced anyone except GR. And got beat by them lol. "Absolutely no passing game" Now thats funny right there. I dont care who you are!

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
How funny!!! Hes about to get a taste of the "Real Deal" lol. They havent faced anyone except GR. And got beat by them lol. "Absolutely no passing game" Now thats funny right there. I dont care who you are!

Nope wasn't me. You may see lots of passing, you may see lots of running. You may see the Slot T formation and you may see 5 wide the entire game. One never knows when playing China Spring.

I do predict that 24 people on this board will be wrong though.

GrTigers6
09-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I do predict that 24 people on this board will be wrong though.:1popcorn:

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Now GRTiger6, .... you know there had to be a snowball where it didn't belong two weeks ago.

GrTigers6
09-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Now GRTiger6, .... you know there had to be a snowball where it didn't belong two weeks ago.

What happend was I had nothing to say about it before the game either good or bad. Thats why we won. Plus I no longer have a kid playing!:D

toddg
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Nope wasn't me. You may see lots of passing, you may see lots of running. You may see the Slot T formation and you may see 5 wide the entire game. One never knows when playing China Spring.

I do predict that 24 people on this board will be wrong though.

maybe some of those close district losses last year would have been wins if the Cougars would pick "one" offensive system and stick with it..jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind..i have no doubt the Cougars will bring their "A" game tomorrow night and will be tough to beat..but i am only predicting 5 people on this board being wrong though.

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2012, 03:07 PM
maybe some of those close district losses last year would have been wins if the Cougars would pick "one" offensive system and stick with it..jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind..i have no doubt the Cougars will bring their "A" game tomorrow night and will be tough to beat..but i am only predicting 5 people on this board being wrong though.

Nope, had nothing to do with it.

toddg
09-20-2012, 09:44 PM
the freshman and jv won tonite..my son played very well for the freshman Indians..i think the big boy is getting it now!

garciap77
09-20-2012, 10:00 PM
the freshman and jv won tonite..my son played very well for the freshman Indians..i think the big boy is getting it now!

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Congrats/bravosmiley.gif to your son!

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Tonights tha night!!! Gunna be alright! Cuz Im a lovin those Indians, Aint no body gunna stop us now! In my best Rod Stewart Voice! Good luck to China Spring!!!

defense51
09-21-2012, 01:27 PM

That's good stuff! :thumbsup:

garciap77
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Safe drive Cobrafootball & defense51! Good luck!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_9306.jpg

buff4ever
09-21-2012, 01:32 PM
alvarado by more than 1

defense51
09-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Safe drive Cobrafootball & defense51! Good luck!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_9306.jpg
Thank you Mr. garciap77, good luck to your Bulldogs tonight!