PDA

View Full Version : What Happens Now?

OldBison75
09-15-2012, 12:34 PM
This year has started off with lots of surprises: Stephenville loses, Coldspring loses, West Columbia loses, Wimberley loses, Carthage loses, now LaMarque loses.

Were these teams over rated? How do you see the next few weeks going?

My take: 3A, like I said in August, will be extremely competitive this year. There are at least 8-10 teams that have a legitimate claim to be potential State Champs. Both divisions have three or four teams that play the kind of schedules that make an undefeated season nearly impossible. The six teams that have already suffered losses, those listed above, were all highly rated teams and had a misstep. However, I believe that all six will be a factor when the playoffs come around.

The pollsters will probably have Navasota ranked number 1 this week, maybe deserved since the early season has gone like it has. However, I can tell you that Navasota still has a long ways to go. The offensive line still needs work. They will not be State Champions until the line learns to work together better. The running game is still suspect but has shown some potential.

I think that the truth right now is that the seven teams I listed and talked about above are sure to be in the hunt come playoff time. Add in LaVega, which just keeping finding wins, and that is my top 8. I won't even try to choose an order that they should be ranked---on any given night any of them can be dominant.

Lets hear what everybody else thinks.

Cowboy_Up
09-15-2012, 12:37 PM
El Campo

j_dog
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree, as we knew, 3a was already tough without the drop downs. And come playoff time, all those losses will disappear. Any of those teams (plus some others) could win state.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I think all these losses (for most you listed) will be totally forgotten come play off time, mostly because just about everyone will have some, and those that don't might not be in the class of someof those that do. I think the top 5 or so will definitely be in the hunt deep into the play offs...a few will not.

navscanmaster
09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
El Campo, Navasota, Alvarado, LaVega. All will more than likely be undefeated at playoff time. We may not find out until the semis.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2012, 03:17 PM
El Campo, Navasota, Alvarado, LaVega. All will more than likely be undefeated at playoff time. We may not find out until the semis.

Alvarado and LV have to play stephenville..

navscanmaster
09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Alvarado and LV have to play stephenville..I would give them an advantage on a neutral field. Where are the games?

slingshot
09-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Don't look now, but... Wylie is back. This team looks a lot like the '00-09 Wylie teams. Big and physical line, good running game, very capable QB, quick/swarming defense and outstanding coaching. We were not up to our usual standards the last two years--now we are.

OldBison75
09-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Folks, I was not just saying the eight I talked about were the only possibilities for a championship. Everybody was so hyped about these eight before the first games. When you throw in the Jasper, El Campo, Abilene Wylie, and Alvarado teams, this thing is wide open. The championship in both divisions will take not only a top team, but they better have a lot of luck and breaks go their way.

toddg
09-15-2012, 04:24 PM
our young secondary grew up a lot today.

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Stephenville has not lost to a 3A school... yet. I don't think the loss to MPT did anything but wake them up and piss them off.

We get a taste of 3a next week. It will be a statement game one way or the other. I'm betting on Blue and Gold.

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 04:31 PM

@La Vega and @Alvarado

The game at La Vega is their Homecoming game. Fun.

toddg
09-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Stephenville has not lost to a 3A school... yet. I don't think the loss to MPT did anything but wake them up and piss them off.

We get a taste of 3a next week. It will be a statement game one way or the other. I'm betting on Blue and Gold.

thats a safe bet..seeing that both Stephenville and LaVega are in fact..blue and gold..:wave:

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 04:38 PM
thats a safe bet..seeing that both Stephenville and LaVega are in fact..blue and gold..:wave:

Shhhhhhh

defense51
09-15-2012, 04:41 PM
:

:sleeping: :sleeping:

OLE'BULL
09-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I think Giddings could easily be thrown into the conversation. Beating Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Bellville 3 weeks in a row is no easy task. Look for them to make a good run...

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Sounding more and more like Brownwood did a few years back...

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Can't wait until November!

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Sounding more and more like Brownwood did a few years back...

;)

My Tapatalk signature.

Jackets by 10

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
;)

My Tapatalk signature.

Jackets by 10

haha... I would love to see this game... I wish that ya'll were playing on Saturday.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
I think Giddings could easily be thrown into the conversation. Beating Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Bellville 3 weeks in a row is no easy task. Look for them to make a good run...

Agreed completely.

NastySlot
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
can't forget about WOS

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Nope