PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside vs. Beeville

FireGraig
09-15-2012, 11:14 AM
This is an interesting game to me. Beeville scored more points against Ingleside than any other team last year, but still lost by 20. This is good old smash mouth football vs. a finesse team. Both teams have lost some speed from last season. But Beeville is still big, and speed isn't the cornerstone of their scheme. Speed in the spread is key.

I'm hanging my hat on 4 yards and a cloud of dust this week. George West came real close to beating Ingleside with it a few weaks ago, and Beeville is much better than GW.

99IHSMustang
09-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I think Beeville looks to be the favorite in this game. They are big up front and from what I have read do have some speed in the RB positions. IMO, Ingleside has a tougher schedule this season than they have had in the last couple of seasons. The next two games will be tough, but will help them get ready for district.

MustangFootball
09-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't say Beeville is a much better than GW, if so just barely cause if u haven't seen George West they are pretty good....Beeville lost to Ray.
This game is becoming a rivalry game, we've played Beeville the last 2 years and I really didn't expect to be playing them again this year. Ingleside has beatin Beeville the last 2 years but this year might be different if Ingleside don't get their crap together. This game is the first varsity game that Ingleside's QB played on varsity as a freshman. He beat Beeville as a freshman and as a sophomore, last years game was a huge game for marquis barrolle Ingleside's RB if I'm not mistaking he had almost 200 yards on the ground. This game is gonna have to be won through the air for Ingleside if they wanna win.

MustangFootball
09-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm saying Ingleside in a close one.

FireGraig
09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Scheduling is such a crap shoot. A few teams are going to be good year in, year out. Most teams fluctuate quite a bit. It is one of the good and bad things about high school football. Just look at Robstown and Miller. Ingleside had some real good games with them a few years back. Woods leaves and Robstown implodes. Miller was good running the triple- option, Weaten left and they have been up and down. Lose to TM and kill Oso?!

Beeville seems to have been a good game the last two years. I hope it is again this year. Cuero isnt the Gobblers of old, but that is a good thing for the Stangs. I would have liked to see Ingleside vs. Kingville instead of Odem. Orange Grove will be a welcome return to the schedule. Ingleside vs. OG have been awesome games in years past. I'm still a bit disappointed AP isn't on the schedule. I know they have lost something like 220 to15 over the last 4 years, but it was a rivalry and might have been a much better game this year.

99IHSMustang
09-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Scheduling is such a crap shoot. A few teams are going to be good year in, year out. Most teams fluctuate quite a bit. It is one of the good and bad things about high school football. Just look at Robstown and Miller. Ingleside had some real good games with them a few years back. Woods leaves and Robstown implodes. Miller was good running the triple- option, Weaten left and they have been up and down. Lose to TM and kill Oso?!

Beeville seems to have been a good game the last two years. I hope it is again this year. Cuero isnt the Gobblers of old, but that is a good thing for the Stangs. I would have liked to see Ingleside vs. Kingville instead of Odem. Orange Grove will be a welcome return to the schedule. Ingleside vs. OG have been awesome games in years past. I'm still a bit disappointed AP isn't on the schedule. I know they have lost something like 220 to15 over the last 4 years, but it was a rivalry and might have been a much better game this year.

I was surprised as well that AP wouldn't have stayed on the schedule because of the rivalry. I wonder if it will return next year. I agree that when OG was in 30-3A several years ago they were very competitive. Looks like it is going to be that way this year with them.