PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Needville

Pudlugger
09-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Well the Leps will be traveling down to Needville to try and get their road game going. After shaking out some bugs on the offense from Friday's win over a struggling Brookshire-Royal team they will face the Jays who have been looking for some success without much luck this early in the season. The Leps running game imo is the best since 2001 with both speed and decent size and an o line that consistantly manages to open the holes for our backs. In fact, the running game has been so successful that we have not yet gotten our passing game unwrapped for 2012. I expect the Leps to continue on the path of improvement and get this win to help boost them into a very competitive position by district time.

Pudlugger
09-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Unless the Leps lose focus they should win this game going away. I was glad to see the coach put in the second string qb #12 late in the 4th quarter last Friday. He looked sharp and it is comforting to know we have depth where it counts most. Anytime you are up by 40+ points it is a good idea to 1) pull your starters out before there is an injury(players get tired and opponents get frustrated which is a formula for injuries) and 2) when you have a senior starting qb you need to plan for the future so it is important to give the junior back up qb some time under center. The Leps have many talented underclassmen on this team and very good jv and freshman squads this year so our future looks promising. I look forward to this Friday. Hopefully the Leps will take advantage of the opportunity to improve and limit their mistakes and get the win.

Roughneck93
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
LG should win this game easily.

hookandladder
09-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Well the Leps will be traveling down to Needville to try and get their road game going. After shaking out some bugs on the offense from Friday's win over a struggling Brookshire-Royal team they will face the Jays who have been looking for some success without much luck this early in the season. The Leps running game imo is the best since 2001 with both speed and decent size and an o line that consistantly manages to open the holes for our backs. In fact, the running game has been so successful that we have not yet gotten our passing game unwrapped for 2012. I expect the Leps to continue on the path of improvement and get this win to help boost them into a very competitive position by district time.

I know our running game is hitting on all cylinders however I would like us to start working more on our pasing game out of the shot gun, there will come a time here shortly when good teams are going to stack the LOS and we need to be ready to counter. Right now it seems our passing game is all roll outs and we are not being productive, sure would be nice to get in some 4 and 5 wideouts and throw some quick routes. Also would like to see our best receivers on the field at one time and see what we can do, I just do not see us running the ball down other teams throat each week. If we can , I am all for it. I guess time we tell, The Armchair view.

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Leps!

YTBulldogs
09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
LaGrange 30
Needville 13

buff4ever
09-17-2012, 02:36 PM
LG wins again.

zebrablue2
09-17-2012, 06:44 PM
LG by 30!!!

Pudlugger
09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I know our running game is hitting on all cylinders however I would like us to start working more on our pasing game out of the shot gun, there will come a time here shortly when good teams are going to stack the LOS and we need to be ready to counter. Right now it seems our passing game is all roll outs and we are not being productive, sure would be nice to get in some 4 and 5 wideouts and throw some quick routes. Also would like to see our best receivers on the field at one time and see what we can do, I just do not see us running the ball down other teams throat each week. If we can , I am all for it. I guess time we tell, The Armchair view.

I agree. It seems to me that the coach is holding back much of the offense perhaps for district. But we need to get all the facets of the offense working well before then. I would not be surprised if we see more deep post and flag routes out of the shotgun formation. Also, the little screen pass crossing to the inside worked so well last year let's see it again too. We need to get the ball to #9 Tezeno more. He has such great hands he will be a big factor as we get deeper into district play.

txsportswriter
09-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I say LG in a landslide, 58-6. Heard LG's center went down. Is he still out?

hookandladder
09-19-2012, 05:59 AM
I say LG in a landslide, 58-6. Heard LG's center went down. Is he still out?

He did not play last week, strained knee. Is ready to go this week however thinking coaches will hold him out one more week, definitely want hm 100% going into District.Other then that, no starters out. No injuries as of right now, no starters. Also our backup center is played well last week, only a Junior. So no worries there, we have a number of good lineman.

Pudlugger
09-19-2012, 06:53 AM
He did not play last week, strained knee. Is ready to go this week however thinking coaches will hold him out one more week, definitely want hm 100% going into District.Other then that, no starters out. No injuries as of right now, no starters. Also our backup center is played well last week, only a Junior. So no worries there, we have a number of good lineman.

Holding him out for another week may not be a good idea if he is fit to play now. The cadence factor inherent in the center's response to the qb's signals effects how the team gets off the football. we had several false starts last week undoubtedly related to this issue. Now if the team gets used to the new cadence the switch back in time for district will require another adjustment.:doh:

hookandladder
09-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Holding him out for another week may not be a good idea if he is fit to play now. The cadence factor inherent in the center's response to the qb's signals effects how the team gets off the football. we had several false starts last week undoubtedly related to this issue. Now if the team gets used to the new cadence the switch back in time for district will require another adjustment.:doh:

I would have to agree with you PUD, being a Senior I say play him or at least let him play the first half. Tailgating before the game, Faitias so come join in.

Pudlugger
09-19-2012, 08:22 AM
hmmm fajitas...see you there.

Pudlugger
09-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Will be leaving soon for Needville to tailgate. Good luck Leps, play well and stay healthy.