PDA

View Full Version : Hallettsville 20, Yoakum 18

YTBulldogs
09-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Played like we practiced. Flat!!! Hat's off to H'V, they earned it and have a solid club. #16 at RB is a beast.

Regroup time, and start again in the morning.

Pudlugger
09-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Whoaya! Didn't see that comin'. Hats off to HV.

YTBulldogs
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM

I did Pud, last Sat when some thought they were too good to show up for film and it carried over to crappy practices all week. This team is still trying to find themselves. No excuses, we sucked tonight.

Cowboy_Up
09-14-2012, 11:43 PM

I could see it from 48 miles away. The dawgs were getting awful full of themselves, and Hallettsville is good. Remember, 2A or 3A, all there area towns are very close in size. 50 more kids doesn't mean your always better, especially when you haven't sniffed the playoffs for 2 years.
I wish Yoakum had pulled it out because now they are going to drive down 111 pissed off and focused. But, we'll give 'em a fight.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Really surprised by this, not terribly surprised, but surprised.

29-3aFAN
09-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Yoakum was flat tonight. Played the 3rd quarter very well, same as last week versus Sinton. But you have to play start to finish. The 2nd n 20 where the stopped hville setting a 3rd n 25, but the bonehead late hit gave the brahmas new life and the go ahead score.

hookandladder
09-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Not surprised at all, any time a team beats Shiner handedly they have some players. I know Shiner is 1A but they still have great athlete's, Halletsville will be a good playoff team. I predicted a close game and that's what it was, a good game.

zebrablue2
09-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas from H-ville.

txsportswriter
09-15-2012, 04:28 AM
I knew Hallettsville was going to be tough and just had a funny feeling about this one all week. I still don't understand how our kids can be so dead. No emotion whatsoever. We need to light a fire under our butts and get with it if we want to make the playoffs this year. If we can't beat Hallettsville, how in the hell do we expect to knock off teams like Giddings, Gonzales, La Grange and Smithville? I don't know, but if we don't find some leadership soon and decide that WE REALLY WANT IT, we'll be lacing up the high tops in early November. I saw no sense of DESIRE last night on the sidelines and could even hear the crickets chirping. Really sad when an old EMS fart and run down newspaper guy are some of the loudest people on the sidelines or in the stands. Get with it guys. It's time to buckle down and get to business from here on out and show some HEART, DESIRE & DETERMINATION...... Time to be RELENTLESS and FINISH this thing off!!!!!

Old Green
09-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I knew Hallettsville was going to be tough and just had a funny feeling about this one all week. I still don't understand how our kids can be so dead. No emotion whatsoever. We need to light a fire under our butts and get with it if we want to make the playoffs this year. If we can't beat Hallettsville, how in the hell do we expect to knock off teams like Giddings, Gonzales, La Grange and Smithville? I don't know, but if we don't find some leadership soon and decide that WE REALLY WANT IT, we'll be lacing up the high tops in early November. I saw no sense of DESIRE last night on the sidelines and could even hear the crickets chirping. Really sad when an old EMS fart and run down newspaper guy are some of the loudest people on the sidelines or in the stands. Get with it guys. It's time to buckle down and get to business from here on out and show some HEART, DESIRE & DETERMINATION...... Time to be RELENTLESS and FINISH this thing off!!!!!I'm surprised. I knew it would be close, but picked the Dawgs.Hard to predict a rivalry gamethough. Never know how the kids will respond.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 06:49 AM
LOL. I got your old EMS fart hanging. But, ------------true.:bigcry:

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Yoakum was flat tonight. Played the 3rd quarter very well, same as last week versus Sinton. But you have to play start to finish. The 2nd n 20 where the stopped hville setting a 3rd n 25, but the bonehead late hit gave the brahmas new life and the go ahead score.

Yes, that was a killer. But, had we not stunk up the joint prior to that, one play should not of beat us. That fumble return for a TD while we were driving was BIG as well. Hey, it's spilt milk, move on and prepare for Edna. See what these Dogs are made of.

Maybe their heads have deflated from the Sinton game now? You'll play as you practice and prepare. They thought they just had to show up and they'd win based on their attitude during the week. Getting your teeth kicked in (as Coach forewarned them could happen to them after one practice last week) might re-focus them.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2012, 08:18 AM
alot of suprising scores from last night. Any turnovers or just came out flat?

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Sintonfan_inAustin, we had a fumble, that was returned for a TD (second week in a row for a returned TD) as we were driving the ball for a potential score in the 3rd. I think we have had 9 or 10 fumbles in 3 games. No INT's. But, our young QB missed several wide open receivers on short to medium routes. Receivers were wide open too. Fast ball, delivered straight in the dirt, short of the receiver. Our QB throws a solid deep ball, but--his poor mechanics hampers his throws that need to be on target on the shorter routes. The QB I predict, will get it going. Currently, he reverts back to bad mechanics in games. In practice, he looks dead on, then come Friday, his arm angle is all over the place with some poor foot work. Several balls drilled in the ground, about 5 yards short of wide open intended target receivers. Must carryover his practice chunks and mechanics to Friday nights, when it matters the most. Like I said, poor mechanics is hard to change, and until he delivers correctly, errant throws will happen consistently. With our top caliber ball catchers, paramount we get these short to medium balls to them, then let their playmaking ability to takeover after the catch. Coaches Hicks and QB Coach Mann, will eventually get him lined out I think. I hope anyways.

And yes, we were VERY flat as well. Like someone said, we could hear crickets on the Yoakum sideline. No emotion, just like last year's LaVernia game (prevented us a playoff spot). Which, as I said in a previous post---concerned me going in H'V game.

We're alright. Those can get corrected, if a leader appears from the senior group, and assures it don't happen in future practices/film study/games. Lot's of talent and talkers, but--they are fearful to be the leaders for some reason. Can't tolerate BS in practice and games. A leader leads by example too. Right now, we have all followers. STEP UP SENIORS!!!!!! Don't have regret when the season ends, having one of the most talented teams in Yoakum history, that didn't even make the playoff's.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2012, 08:47 AM
No, we had a fumble, that was returned for a TD (second week in a row for a returned TD) as we were driving the ball for a potential score. I think we have had 9 or 10 fumbles in 3 games. No INT's. But, our young QB missed several wide open receivers on short to medium routes. Receivers were wide open too. Fast ball, delivered in the dirt short of the receiver. Our QB throws a solid deep ball, but--his poor mechanics hampers his throws that need to be on target on the shorter routes. The QB (Hermes) I predict, will get it going. Currently, he reverts back to bad mechanics in games. In practice, he looks dead on, then come Friday, his arm angle is all over the place with some poor foot work. Several balls drilled in the ground, about 5 yards short of wide open intended target receivers. Must carryover his practice chunks and mechanics to Friday nights, when it matters the most. Like I said, poor mechanics is hard to change, and until he delivers correctly, erant throws will happen consistently. With our top caliber ball catchers, paramount we get these short to medium balls to them, then let their playmaking skills takeover after the catch. Coaches Hicks and QB Coach Mann, will eventually get him lined out I think. I hope anyways.Yoakum has the potential to be a very good team just need to clean up on the turnover department. Hopefully the mistakes are now and not in district, good luck and i look for Yoakum to be one of the top teams in that tough district.

29-3aFAN
09-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Just curious, did the NFL take our refs as the replacements? Looked like those refs last night came from a Futbol league. They were lost. LOL

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Just curious, did the NFL take our refs as the replacements? Looked like those refs last night came from a Futbol league. They were lost. LOL

I agree 100%. Hopefully we don't get them again? Especially in district. Their mechanics were poor, and the 10 or so "huddle-ups" killed the pace and momentum in the game.