PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth 4A District

Ozzy
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
I know it's not AAA, but does anyone know how the Ft. Worth AAAA district does its zone playoffs? Do they play just 1/2 of the district and take whoever has the best record, or do they have zone playoff games week 10, or what?

Just curious.

Ozzy
10-23-2003, 01:45 PM
c'mon, somebody's gotta know.

bearcat1
10-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Ozzy:
c'mon, somebody's gotta know.FWISD has a 10 team district with two zones. Teams play only those teams in their zone during season so they aren't limited to only 1 nondistrict game. At the end of the season, the top 2 teams of one zone play the top 2 teams of the other zone to determine the 3 playoff spots.

I believe the same system exists for baseball and softball. Soccer is divided into 2 districts now but played as zones when all the teams were in 1 district.

Hope that helps.
bc

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:04 PM
bearcat1:

Ozzy:
c'mon, somebody's gotta know.FWISD has a 10 team district with two zones. Teams play only those teams in their zone during season so they aren't limited to only 1 nondistrict game. At the end of the season, the top 2 teams of one zone play the top 2 teams of the other zone to determine the 3 playoff spots.

I believe the same system exists for baseball and softball. Soccer is divided into 2 districts now but played as zones when all the teams were in 1 district.

Hope that helps.
bcYah, that's how it used to be in a lot of places back in the day, I remember seeing where Cuero has some Zone championships... Kinda like the Big 12 South and the Big 12 North, winner of the top zone plays the winner of the bottom zone and there's your champ...

I think it's pretty sweet...