PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville hi-lites vs Aledo

Sville
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1086.0

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
No knock on Stephenville, but did Aledo not look like a #2 4A team in those hi lites? Maybe it's just me.:confused:
I will also add that maybe the Ville had a lot to do with that.

vtskneb
09-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I know you are not being negative, at least intentionally but what does the No. 2 team in 4A look like? Aledo returned nearly all of their defense from their championship team last year. Their offense will be very salty come playoff time. They are breaking in I think 10 of 11 starters from last year's team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I know you are not being negative, at least intentionally but what does the No. 2 team in 4A look like? Aledo returned nearly all of their defense from their championship team last year. Their offense will be very salty come playoff time. They are breaking in I think 10 of 11 starters from last year's team.

No, I am not being negative. But, based on those hilites, that does't look to be a #2 ranked 4A team. I am not talking about future, I am talking about the video that I saw. Based on those hilites, I have seen better overall play on the 3A level. As I stated, good teams (Stephenville) had a lot to do with that. Maybe it was an off night for Aledo...

* I know that those were Hi lites of Stephenville, maybe a full video of the game will give more insite on Aledo.

vtskneb
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
No, I am not being negative. But, based on those hilites, that does't look to be a #2 ranked 4A team. I am not talking about future, I am talking about the video that I saw. Based on those hilites, I have seen better overall play on the 3A level. As I stated, good teams (Stephenville) had a lot to do with that. Maybe it was an off night for Aledo...

I would say it was probably a combonation of both. With that said, do you have video evidence of said play in 3A for this year? I think I get where you are going with this and Navasota has a history of being successful in both classifications. I think that horse was beaten pretty soundly earlier this year. Lets just let the season play out before we start making those claims again. Bottom line is state titles are not won in September and across all classifications those playing top notch football now may not being doing so down the road, vice a versa.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I would say it was probably a combonation of both. With that said, do you have video evidence of said play in 3A for this year? I think I get where you are going with this and Navasota has a history of being successful in both classifications. I think that horse was beaten pretty soundly earlier this year. Lets just let the season play out before we start making those claims again. Bottom line is state titles are not won in September and across all classifications those playing top notch football now may not being doing so down the road, vice a versa.

Don't get your PANTIES is BLOODY wad. Missed tackles, missed assignments, being manhandled, that is not a #2 4A ranked team. PERIOD. And, it doesn't have anything to do with HISTORY of anyteam. The video was presented and that is my OPINION. Nothing to do with Stephenville. Maybe Stephenville is just that good and the rest of 3A better get ready. AND, I know when state titles are won, thanks for the reminder. Claims? :2thumbsup

vtskneb
09-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Don't get your PANTIES is BLOODY wad. Missed tackles, missed assignments, being manhandled, that is not a #2 4A ranked team. PERIOD. And, it doesn't have anything to do with HISTORY of anyteam. The video was presented and that is my OPINION. Nothing to do with Stephenville. Maybe Stephenville is just that good and the rest of 3A better get ready. AND, I know when state titles are won, thanks for the reminder. Claims? :2thumbsup

I do not recall talking to you in all caps so you better check who's "panties is bloody wad" Thanks for the laugh. I think the tone of your last two posts exposes your true motives in replying to this thread. By the way I missed where you provided proof of play in 3A equal to what you saw on the video. TIA.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2012, 11:49 PM
I do not recall talking to you in all caps so you better check who's "panties is bloody wad" Thanks for the laugh. I think the tone of your last two posts exposes your true motives in replying to this thread. By the way I missed where you provided proof of play in 3A equal to what you saw on the video. TIA.

Go to bed. That's your come back..? LMAO... You are trying to take it as a personal attack on Stephenville. If your reading comprehension wasn't that of an 8th grader, you would have known that I was only citizing the play of Aledo. Any team that misses that many tackles, blown coverage, etc, will lose. That is the only point that I am making. PERIOD. Nothing more, nothing less. As a matter of fact, I don't even care one way of another if Aledo wins, Stephenville, or whomever. But, if you post on a board that allows members to comment, expect OPINIONS.

So, what are my motives? IMO, Stephenville looked damn good. The way that they abused Aledo was credit to Stephenville.

With that said, GOOD LUCK. May the best team win!

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 12:03 AM
I qouted your goofy comment in response to your non-sensical posts. You went balistic and you are making fun of my come back??? Aledo doesn't look that tough huh. Well, hopefully your team will get to back up those checks you are writing. I am still waiting on the evidence you base your opinions from....

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I qouted your goofy comment in response to your non-sensical posts. You went balistic and you are making fun of my come back??? Aledo doesn't look that tough huh. Well, hopefully your team will get to back up those checks you are writing. I am still waiting on the evidence you base your opinions from....

Welcome to 3A. Good Luck! Check back with me around the middle of December. I don't do ignorance to well.

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Welcome to 3A. Good Luck! Check back with me around the middle of December. I don't do ignorance to well.

I would say you have it down well. In all this bumbling you have done you are quoted in this thread as saying you have seen better play in 3A this year, yet you will not provide any proof to us simple folks who just moved down into 3A.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 12:19 AM
I would say you have it down well. In all this bumbling you have done you are quoted in this thread as saying you have seen better play in 3A this year, yet you will not provide any proof to us simple folks who just moved down into 3A.

The Kettle calling the pot black... Ain't that some S***. Where did I say that I have seen better 3A play this year? I said I have seen better overall 3A play. You are really showing you lack of comprehension as I pointed out some time ago.
Have a good one!

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
The Kettle calling the pot black... Ain't that some S***. Where did I say that I have seen better 3A play this year? I said I have seen better overall 3A play. You are really showing you lack of comprehension as I pointed out some time ago.
Have a good one!

touche

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 12:31 AM
To all that can comprehend and can read the words that stand out in white letters.

1. Stephenville/La Marque, IMO, will be the teams to beat. Although Stephenville lost in week one, I do know that they lost to a very good Monterrey team as I saw them play The Woodlands a few years back.

2. The point that I was making when I commented on this thread was: A. Aledo didn't looked the part of the #2 ranked 4A team (i.e.- missed takles, blocks, missed assignments), as evident in the video. B. Stephenville had a lot to do with that. C. Stephenville is damn good.

3. Now, that is clear, I wish Stephenville the best just as I do any team. Anyone that has been on this site will tell you that myself, or anyone representing Navasota, are not bullies, arrogant, hateful, or negative to any team, including our own.

1971Coogs
09-13-2012, 05:49 AM
To all that can comprehend and can read the words that stand out in white letters.

1. Stephenville/La Marque, IMO, will be the teams to beat. Although Stephenville lost in week one, I do know that they lost to a very good Monterrey team as I saw them play The Woodlands a few years back.

2. The point that I was making when I commented on this thread was: A. Aledo didn't looked the part of the #2 ranked 4A team (i.e.- missed takles, blocks, missed assignments), as evident in the video. B. Stephenville had a lot to do with that. C. Stephenville is damn good.

3. Now, that is clear, I wish Stephenville the best just as I do any team. Anyone that has been on this site will tell you that myself, or anyone representing Navasota, are not bullies, arrogant, hateful, or negative to any team, including our own.
good post...you can retract those fangs again :blush:

garciap77
09-13-2012, 07:01 AM

:iagree:

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 07:46 AM
good post...you can retract those fangs again :blush:

lol...

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 08:31 AM
No harm no fool, we see the same film from 2 different points of view. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to another great year of football in our great state. I suppose we will know were the Jackets stand better after they get a chance to play a 3A school next week. They are suppose to be a top shelf 3A program.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
No harm no fool, we see the same film from 2 different points of view. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to another great year of football in our great state. I suppose we will know were the Jackets stand better after they get a chance to play a 3A school next week. They are suppose to be a top shelf 3A program.

Stephenville will be fine! I tell ya, growing up, we heard alot about the YellowJackets. We are still hearing alot about the YellowJackets. We don't won't no part of Stephenville.

GrTigers6
09-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I have to say That I agree with Hemotoxic in the fact that Aledo looked awful at times in that video. Not to take anything away from Stephenville and the job they did in manhandling the bearcats. But It does look like Aledo was lost at times and at others wanted nothing to to with the Jacket D. They were very timid when they ran not sure where to go or just didnt want to get hit. LOL Maybe they came into the game like Stephenville did last week, Overconfident, Unprepared or what ever the case was. But it is obvious that stephenville came to play and if they play like that all year they will be tough to beat!

orange machine
09-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Dont take this wrong or personal Sviile folks, but neither team looked all that great. Of course a lot of the supposed top teams this year havent looked so well and the season is young and teams should get better. I think Sville will make a good run in the playoffs, but if for some reason they dont get better than they appear on the last two hi-lite videos i have seen they wont make it to the state title game. I thnk really fast teams like Navasota and Carthage will eat the Sville oline up. Again im not knocking just my opinion based on the videos.

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Time will tell. 3A will get their shot at backing up your claims.

jason
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
to judge a team based on 3 minutes of game highlights from their first two games of the season is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of

hollywood
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
I have to say That I agree with Hemotoxic in the fact that Aledo looked awful at times in that video. Not to take anything away from Stephenville and the job they did in manhandling the bearcats. But It does look like Aledo was lost at times and at others wanted nothing to to with the Jacket D. They were very timid when they ran not sure where to go or just didnt want to get hit. LOL Maybe they came into the game like Stephenville did last week, Overconfident, Unprepared or what ever the case was. But it is obvious that stephenville came to play and if they play like that all year they will be tough to beat!

I agree GRT6.. a little of both. But, seeing the game live, Stephenville was flying all over the field.

hollywood
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Wahoo.. some good banter last night!

Hemo, I can definityely see your points of view. From watching the game live, I can comment that Stephenville looked damn good from kickoff until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter where they played more conservative, still in control, just not going for the throat. Aledo looked shell shocked from their first stap until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter. They gained some momentum on a 65 yard pass that went to the house. All said and done, Aledo looked top 10 4A with out a question.

Since this was a Stephenville Hi-lite video, it doesn't reflect Aledo's Hi-lites. They had fewer but did make some great plays... they will be just fine. Stephenville couldn't stop Aledo's soph RB when he got the ball. Slowed him down (blazing fast), but couldn't stop him. He's going to be special.

Overall, if Stephenville brings the level of play they played with last Friday, they will be tough to beat from here on out.

hollywood
09-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Dont take this wrong or personal Sviile folks, but neither team looked all that great. Of course a lot of the supposed top teams this year havent looked so well and the season is young and teams should get better. I think Sville will make a good run in the playoffs, but if for some reason they dont get better than they appear on the last two hi-lite videos i have seen they wont make it to the state title game. I thnk really fast teams like Navasota and Carthage will eat the Sville oline up. Again im not knocking just my opinion based on the videos.

Stephenville nor Aledo is slow OM.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Wahoo.. some good banter last night!

Hemo, I can definityely see your points of view. From watching the game live, I can comment that Stephenville looked damn good from kickoff until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter where they played more conservative, still in control, just not going for the throat. Aledo looked shell shocked from their first stap until about 7 min left in the 4th quarter. They gained some momentum on a 65 yard pass that went to the house. All said and done, Aledo looked top 10 4A with out a question.

Since this was a Stephenville Hi-lite video, it doesn't reflect Aledo's Hi-lites. They had fewer but did make some great plays... they will be just fine. Stephenville couldn't stop Aledo's soph RB when he got the ball. Slowed him down (blazing fast), but couldn't stop him. He's going to be special.

Overall, if Stephenville brings the level of play they played with last Friday, they will be tough to beat from here on out.

I think that I just did a poor job of explaining myself. By no means was I bashing or talking down on Stephenville. I was just shocked at how poorly Aledo was playing.

hollywood
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I think that I just did a poor job of explaining myself. By no means was I bashing or talking down on Stephenville. I was just shocked at how poorly Aledo was playing.

I comprehended your comments just fine. :wave:

You are right when you said Stephenville had a lot to do with Aledo not looking like a 4A #2 and playing poorly. ;)

Ville-D
09-13-2012, 11:31 AM

You are right when you said Stephenville had a lot to do with Aledo not looking like a 4A #2 and playing poorly. ;)

Can someone point out to me who on the Stephenville schedule is supposed to be good? I need to know what to be looking for...

According to this thread: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119100-Region-I-Week-1-GotW-4A-Aledo%281-0%29-Vs-Stephenville%280-1%29

32 of you 3ADL'ers picked Aleda... You thought they were a better team. I think Stephenville deserves more credit for the win than Aleda does for the loss.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Can someone point out to me who on the Stephenville schedule is supposed to be good? I need to know what to be looking for...

According to this thread: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119100-Region-I-Week-1-GotW-4A-Aledo%281-0%29-Vs-Stephenville%280-1%29

32 of you 3ADL'ers picked Aleda... You thought they were a better team. I think Stephenville deserves more credit for the win than Aleda does for the loss.

Credit given. IMO, Stephenville looked like the #2 4A team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM

:2thumbsup

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I am sure Coach Buc would be happy to learn what quality football is by playing the East Texas 3A powers or Celina's of the world. Maybe that will finally get Aledo playing top notch football. Ville-D, in due time these 3A teams will have a chance to back up all this talk. Put it on the table....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxlEZllUsk

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Aledo looked crappy on defense.

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
They are probably the worst defense of any of the state ranked teams.

Ville-D
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
They are probably the worst defense of any of the state ranked teams.

I'd say that the whole night was some of the worst football I have seen in the past 10 years. Should have been a 0-0 tie as horrible as it was. I guess you get lucky once in a while. Hope luck stays on our side. Good job Cody in finding the few plays that we did something, and don't tell me you didn't do a little editing to make us look as good as it did. Its hard to polish a turd.

toddg
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
A lot of people dont understand the Aledo/Stephenville thang..apparantly.

hollywood
09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
A lot of people dont understand the Aledo/Stephenville thang..apparantly.

Amen!

But, like the Brownwood/Stephenville games in the last 2 decades that were slobber knockers... last year's game you have to throw out the window! lol

hollywood
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Aledo looked crappy on defense.
Thanks to Stephenville's high octance offense. ;)

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM

Its best not to play stink with a skunk. They have way more practice than you.

Ville-D
09-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Should change the thread to "Aledo Low-lites vs Stephenville". They gave that game away. :doh:

orange machine
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Stephenville nor Aledo is slow OM.

Im not saying the team overall is slow, but the oline looks to be very slow. Ive seen Carthage a number of times not this year, but they always have a great dline that can move and get a ton of pressure in the backfield.

I agree you cant tell much on a 3 minute video im just talking based on what you can see.

Sville
09-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Celina and Navasota both turned us down for non-district games. Too bad or I could of posted their not looking like top 10 team hi-lites as well.

orange machine
09-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Celina and Navasota both turned us down for non-district games. Too bad or I could of posted their not looking like top 10 team hi-lites as well.

Im not bashing yall so please dont turn it into that. Sville fan posted the video so obviously they were looking for comments or at least knew they would get them. So unless yall are trying to start an argument take what people say and go on with it or dont post the video!!!

Sville
09-13-2012, 02:36 PM
I am not taking it wrong. I am just being a smart @$$.

orange machine
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I am not taking it wrong. I am just being a smart @$$.

Oh 10-4

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Im not bashing yall so please dont turn it into that. Sville fan posted the video so obviously they were looking for comments or at least knew they would get them. So unless yall are trying to start an argument take what people say and go on with it or dont post the video!!!

Are you saying you don't like a differing opinion to yours? You and Hemo feel that is not top 10 material in 4A and have seen other teams not in that video in 3A would straighten out those fools in Parker county. Your checks will have a chance to clear the bank soon enough. You will have to ask Sville why the video was posted but I can say almost certainly it was not to point out that Aledo was a weak team.

toddg
09-13-2012, 02:55 PM
it didnt suprise me that the Jackets rolled last friday..it would not have suprised me if Aledo had rolled...and it wouldnt have been a suprise if that game went to the final second tied..thats the greatness of that rivalry!! i'll say this..depending which way they go div1 or div2, WFRider nor Guyer will be thrilled with the prospect of meeting Aledo in the 2nd round of playoffs.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Are you saying you don't like a differing opinion to yours? You and Hemo feel that is not top 10 material in 4A and have seen other teams not in that video in 3A would straighten out those fools in Parker county. Your checks will have a chance to clear the bank soon enough. You will have to ask Sville why the video was posted but I can say almost certainly it was not to point out that Aledo was a weak team.

I doubt Aledo goes very far in 4A this year.

:)

toddg
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM

funny..thats what folks said last year...:2thumbsup

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
That point is apparently a non-factor when discussing Aledo in this thread. At least that is what I was told. Oh well, we can all rest soundly knowing this argument will be settled on the field not on the message board. It sure is fun being a fan. It could be worse, Stephenville could have dropped down to 3A and no one would be talking about the Jackets.

vtskneb
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Good point, if a 3A team did that to them imagine what a 4A playoff team will do to them? :vrycnfsd:

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2012, 03:42 PM
This site is getting fun again.. Now we just need all those Vocal Liberty Hill and Giddings fans to get back on here.

Sville
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM

They would stomp a mud hole in WC :)

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 12:48 AM
wrong thread

toddg
09-15-2012, 01:00 AM
wrong thread

ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Ville-D
09-15-2012, 01:39 AM
ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!