PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline Week 2

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 06:35 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

CTS
09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Great show...looking forward to Friday night....

Two things I am curious about going into this game....

1) How are Coldspring's 2 way starters going to fare playing against LM's up-tempo offense. Keep in mind LM-Texas City was 7-7 at the half Friday night. In he third quarter LM scored 27 unanswered to blow the game open. I know that's the thinking behind it...snap the ball at 24 seconds every play and wear the defensive kids out as the game wears on. Will be interesting to see how that pace affects Coldspring's 2 ways...especially the kids running the ball on offense.

2) I am curious to see where you think LM's front 7 ranks after hearing your comments on Coldsprings defense.

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Great show...looking forward to Friday night....

Two things I am curious about going into this game....

1) How are Coldspring's 2 way starters going to fare playing against LM's up-tempo offense. Keep in mind LM-Texas City was 7-7 at the half Friday night. In he third quarter LM scored 27 unanswered to blow the game open. I know that's the thinking behind it...snap the ball at 24 seconds every play and wear the defensive kids out as the game wears on. Will be interesting to see how that pace affects Coldspring's 2 ways...especially the kids running the ball on offense.

2) I am curious to see where you think LM's front 7 ranks after hearing your comments on Coldsprings defense.

I think we will learn alot about LM's offensive line in this ball game. I can see Coldspring getting worn down late though. On offense, against Navasota atleast, Coldspring played a slow pace, taking the play clock down under 7 seconds before snapping the ball. I think overall, LM's speed and athleticism will bury the Trojans . I think Coldspring has a chance to play this one close but they will have to play a flawless game in order to do so. Should be fun!

CTS
09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
I should have clarified...I meant LM's defensive front 7. I agree LM's o-line will ahve to play well. I'll be very surprised if CS doesn't wear down...last year LM was wearing out Manvel and Dawson with that pace and in the first 2 games it's happened as well. To me it's can LM avoid turnovers and finish drives and can Coldspring move the ball well enough to keep LM off the field.

When I saw this game on the schedule I thought one thing and I still think it...if Coldspring can throw the ball against LM, then I think it's a good ball game. If they can't throw and LM knows it......you finish the sentence.

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 08:00 AM
I should have clarified...I meant LM's defensive front 7. I agree LM's o-line will ahve to play well. I'll be very surprised if CS doesn't wear down...last year LM was wearing out Manvel and Dawson with that pace and in the first 2 games it's happened as well. To me it's can LM avoid turnovers and finish drives and can Coldspring move the ball well enough to keep LM off the field.

When I saw this game on the schedule I thought one thing and I still think it...if Coldspring can throw the ball against LM, then I think it's a good ball game. If they can't throw and LM knows it......you finish the sentence.

Oh yeah, I think (even without having seen LM play yet) that LM will be really really good front 7 wise, possibly the best or one of the best in 3A. Coldspring had trouble throwing against Navasota, if they could have thrown successfully, the game could have had a different outcome. LM can load up and fill the box and........

CTS
09-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh yeah, I think (even without having seen LM play yet) that LM will be really really good front 7 wise, possibly the best or one of the best in 3A. Coldspring had trouble throwing against Navasota, if they could have thrown successfully, the game could have had a different outcome. LM can load up and fill the box and........

I agree....but I'll also tell you what the head coach said to me Monday... "They aren't 28-3 the last 2 years by accident. They are well coached and play hard. It will be TOUGH to beat them."

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree....but I'll also tell you what the head coach said to me Monday... "They aren't 28-3 the last 2 years by accident. They are well coached and play hard. It will be TOUGH to beat them."

Oh yeah, they are good, and real good at what they do. However, they cannont make the mistakes like they did against Navasota , otherwise LM will run them out of the stadium quick. If Coldspring plays mistake free, they have a chance to beat anyone. I still say LM wins by 2 touchdowns

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Got to give a shout out to Navasota's WR- Austin Collins who had 185 yards on 6 receptions and 2 touchdowns against Coldspring. Great duo for Baker to throw the ball around to with McGinty and Collins. McGinty added 114 yards on 5 receptions.

Overall, we knew that the offensive line would be the biggest question mark. Although Coldsprings front 7 is very good, we do need to get that cleaned up. Baker can't find himself on his back every few plays. Also, yes the passing game alone can put up points, as evident in the Coldspring game, but, we have to find a way to run the ball effectively.

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Got to give a shout out to Navasota's WR- Austin Collins who had 185 yards on 6 receptions and 2 touchdowns against Coldspring. Great duo for Baker to throw the ball around to with McGinty and Collins. McGinty added 114 yards on 5 receptions.

Overall, we knew that the offensive line would be the biggest question mark. Although Coldsprings front 7 is very good, we do need to get that cleaned up. Baker can't find himself on his back every few plays. Also, yes the passing game alone can put up points, as evident in the Coldspring game, but, we have to find a way to run the ball effectively.

I agree, I think if Sota runs it effectivley, they would be REALLY hard to beat.

Rattler
09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Graham beats Abilene Wylie this week...our defence will show its real power and the offence will expose wylie defence!

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Graham beats Abilene Wylie this week...our defence will show its real power and the offence will expose wylie defence!
From the game I saw them play against Argyle, that Wylie defense is for real!

ccmom
09-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Enjoyed the show for two reasons...

1. I like your prediction for Wylie/Graham.
2. Listening to you two ramble and get so easily distracted always makes me feel better about my own state of mind.:wave:

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 10:33 AM

2. Listening to you two ramble and get so easily distracted always makes me feel better about my own state of mind.:wave:

If we could control Terry's Attention Deficit Disorder we would be ok, however, I like laughing at Terry's disabilities and weaknesses and such.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2012, 11:25 AM
If we could control Terry's Attention Deficit Disorder we would be ok, however, I like laughing at Terry's disabilities and weaknesses and such.

uhh yea.....riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt LOL

Pendragon13
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
You guys must be loaded...all the royalties for those sound effects/songs can get expensive!

Or maybe you guys are just "loaded":D

Gsquared
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
You guys must be loaded...all the royalties for those sound effects/songs can get expensive!

Or maybe you guys are just "loaded":D

Loaded, not loaded :)

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM

and for the record it is not two if us getting distracted it is all G with me there pulling him back

ccmom
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
and for the record it is not two if us getting distracted it is all G with me there pulling him back

I'm sure that's what you believe. Bless your heart.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm sure that's what you believe. Bless your heart.

LOL kiss my a....LOL :clap:

garciap77
09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Abilene Wylie beats Graham this week...our defense will show its real power and the offence will expose graham defense! LOL It's all good!

Just replay last year's youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BreY9cLUGYo, expect the same results this year! LOL

bobcat1
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Am I the only one with no link for the show???

garciap77
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

Ville-D
09-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Try this link.

Right Click it and save it to you PC... Then play it after it is downloaded.

http://goo.gl/UVynw

bobcat1
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Try this link.

Right Click it and save it to you PC... Then play it after it is downloaded.

http://goo.gl/UVynw

Awesome! Finally a working link. :2thumbsup

bobcat1
09-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Nice show guys. I'm a skipper. I skip the commercials. Sorry to hear about TXB's mancrush on a head coach.

Gsquared
09-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Nice show guys. I'm a skipper. I skip the commercials. Sorry to hear about TXB's mancrush on a head coach.

Yeah, once his is fixated on a man coach, he is all stalk and talk. We need to get him some kind of help.

1971Coogs
09-13-2012, 07:06 AM

Or maybe you guys are just "loaded":DGood post

bobcat1
09-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Yeah, once his is fixated on a man coach, he is all stalk and talk. We need to get him some kind of help.
Maybe Hugh could sign TXB's bre... er ... ti. er chest.;)

Gsquared
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Maybe Hugh could sign TXB's bre... er ... ti. er chest.;)

Oh dear

bobcat1
09-14-2012, 07:06 AM
You think that would throw TXB over the edge?

ctown81
09-14-2012, 08:02 AM
I think you guys are a little too high on Bullard. I believe Henderson gets that 3rd spot and I feel Bullard will regret this preseason schedule. When Diboll is your defining preseason game that's an issue.

As for CH, I wouldn't put too much stock in the Carthage game. Surrat is still trying to see which combo of players work best. It will be a close one but Carthage pulls it out.