PDA

View Full Version : Argyle @ Paris to have hall of famers

catgut
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
A couple of Paris High ex's will be honored at the school Friday on our first Wall of Fame. I'm sure both of these two fine men will be at the coin toss. They are Raymond Berry and Gene Bebes Stallings.
So if you're watching the coin toss you'll probably see them. No comment on the game LOL...

toddg
09-11-2012, 09:54 PM
A couple of Paris High ex's will be honored at the school Friday on our first Wall of Fame. I'm sure both of these two fine men will be at the coin toss. They are Raymond Berry and Gene Bebes Stallings.
So if you're watching the coin toss you'll probably see them. No comment on the game LOL...

those are two very fine gentlemen indeed!!!

regaleagle
09-12-2012, 03:29 AM
So does Argyle get to call the flip since a Paris alum is gonna toss it? Or will the ref toss it? And who decides which team gets the call in the first place? Is it always the visiting team? I mean a little thing like calling the toss could have long-reaching ramifications on the game, LOL. Since it's a 50/50 proposition, I think the coin toss is about as fair a way you can have to decide who gets first option.

catgut
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
So does Argyle get to call the flip since a Paris alum is gonna toss it? Or will the ref toss it? And who decides which team gets the call in the first place? Is it always the visiting team? I mean a little thing like calling the toss could have long-reaching ramifications on the game, LOL. Since it's a 50/50 proposition, I think the coin toss is about as fair a way you can have to decide who gets first option.

I think the visitor always calls the toss don't they? What can we expect out of Argyle this year? How's life without Aune? I know it's not the same in Paris without Corban Taylor.

firstdown
09-12-2012, 09:29 AM
I think the visitor always calls the toss don't they? What can we expect out of Argyle this year? How's life without Aune? I know it's not the same in Paris without Corban Taylor.

Three yards and a cloud of dust. We have decided to start running the wish bone. Seriously we are having some growing pains this year.

regaleagle
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Going to the wishbone is a a great choice, esp. when you mix it in with the spread. It's tough to defend if properly executed and keeps the defense on their toes. Then you throw the spread at them and open up those running lanes that you have the option to throw it or run it. Now that's a serious coaching job that requires some discipline from the Oline, backs, and recievers all on the same page. But if Argyle can pull it off.....look out!!! This will make a whole new type of offense that will give DC's a migraine. Way to go, Coach Rodgers....keep innovating the offense and throwing curve balls at our opponents. I think our players are astute enough to execute these offensive schemes at the call from the sideline. It will be interesting to watch this offense become 3-dimensional this year.

regaleagle
09-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Actually, I should be giving kudos to our OC Coach Harp. He came with Coach Rodgers from Flower Mound to Argyle some 9 years ago to turn this new school into the football success they are. Teamed together, these two coaches have formulated a successful program with additions to the staff and teaching techniques that have shown amazing results in such a short period of time. They established a winning tradition from the very beginning, and have built on that humble start each and every year. When you consider starting with only Frosh, Sophs, and Juniors in a 2A 300+ enrollment the first season, and growing into a midlevel 660 enrollment status to date, with only 2 yrs in 2A and taking the team to the 2A DI State Championship in their 2nd full year with a full class, that is an astounding accomplishment. Then to move up to 3A and NEVER miss being a playoff contender, then going to the SC game in year 8 is another great accomplishment. And the years in between being knocked out by 2 eventual SC winners also speaks volumes. This Argyle team is not gonna go away....get used to it.