PDA

View Full Version : 16 Teams eliminated as 2013 Super Bowl Winners

Phil C
09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Usually the winner of the Superbowl wins their first regular season games. Based on this half (16) teams are eliminated and are as follows.

1. New York Giants
2. Indianapolis
3. Cleveland
4. St. Louis
5. Miami
6. Kansas City
7. Jacksonville
8. New Orleans
9. Buffalo
10. Tennessee
11. Seatle
12. Green Bay :eek:
13. Carolina
14. Pittsburgh
15. Cincinnati
16. Oakland

So Dallas and Houston are still in it.

Please remember there have been exception years and there is a chance this year could be one of them.

Farmersfan
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Considering only 6% of NFL teams make the Superbowl each year and only 3% of them are able to win it I'm thinking you could make up any stat you want to make up and then claim only 3% of NFL teams win a Superbowl after "this" happens to them and it would be pretty accurate. Only 3% of all NFL teams go on to win the Superbowl after losing in game#2 or #3 or #4 or #5 or #6............. I think you get the point?

orange machine
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Why does New Orleans get to have the super bowl so much? It seems like they have it there every other year.

Usually the winner of the Superbowl wins their first regular season games. Based on this half (16) teams are eliminated and are as follows.

1. New York Giants
2. Indianapolis
3. Cleveland
4. St. Louis
5. Miami
6. Kansas City
7. Jacksonville
8. New Orleans
9. Buffalo
10. Tennessee
11. Seatle
12. Green Bay :eek:
13. Carolina
14. Pittsburgh
15. Cincinnati
16. Oakland

So Dallas and Houston are still in it.

Please remember there have been exception years and there is a chance this year could be one of them.

Thats stupid and if its true its even more stupid.

Phil C
09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I once did a 20 year study and the Super Bowl winners that won the super bowl won it 13 out of 20 so it was a definite majority but still their were exceptions. Last year was an exception as the Giants lost their first game of the year and yet won the 2012 Super Bowl so you never know when the exception will be. I remember once in the 90s the Cowboys lost their first two regular season games yet won the Super Bowl so you never know.

BEAST
09-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I remember once in the 90s the Cowboys lost their first two regular season games yet won the Super Bowl so you never know.

I recall that as well. However, there should be an asterisk next to that stat as the Cowboys were waiting to get Emmitt back on the field due to a contract hold out.

BEAST

Phil C
09-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Right you are Beast! And the two loses may have been blessings in disguise because it showed Jones the Cowboys needed Mr. Smith and seeing his former teammates struggle made him want to get back on the field. So the owners and Mr. Smith got together and worked things out and there we went again.