PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't anyone want to talk about Wimberley vs Dripping Springs

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Usually some Wimberley poster has a poll started 30 minutes after a win. I have seen both teams play. Saw the texans play LLano and watched DS play Boerne Champion. The Texans will have their hands full Friday. Dripping Springs has great quickness on both sides of the ball and is capable putting lots of points on the board. I don't think they will lose many games the remainder of the year. This could be a blowout. Also DS is wanting revenge. They were talking about playing Wimberley this week while the Champion game was playing.
Dripping Springs 42
Wimbeley 14

Cam
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Well after that prediction, I'm guessin' you've stirred up a Texans nest!....stand by for the onslaught!....

garciap77
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Usually some Wimberley poster has a poll started 30 minutes after a win. I have seen both teams play. Saw the texans play LLano and watched DS play Boerne Champion. The Texans will have their hands full Friday. Dripping Springs has great quickness on both sides of the ball and is capable putting lots of points on the board. I don't think they will lose many games the remainder of the year. This could be a blowout. Also DS is wanting revenge. They were talking about playing Wimberley this week while the Champion game was playing.
Dripping Springs 42
Wimbeley 14

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/wimberley300x125_914688g.jpg By 14!!!:clap:

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I look for texas to win this one, unless ds is that good

wimbo_pro
09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
The deal about the RR12 Super Bowl is that its personal...it's close to home...and it's a great rivalry. Most times, it doesnt matter which team is down or which team is up...the emotion runs high in this one, no matter the talent level. I think Wimberley will come away with a victory in this one, probalby by 14 or so. But you never know with this rivalry!

P.S., We dominate this rivalry overwhelmingly, I think by more than 2-to-1 in the last 10 - 12 years or so, at least thats what one of the coaches mentioned the other night. Anyone can check on that, let me know!

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Coming out of the woodwork are you. We can talk. Where were you during those two spankings the last couple of years. Now you come out when you know we are down a bit. Nice. You said that you guys were already thinking about us before the Boerne Champion game was over. Must have been why ya'll let that 4th qtr lead slip away. Lol. As far as quickness..well, we seen that and some speed along with it last week against Giddings. Doubt if anything you have there will be any more than what we have seen already. The one advantage I know you have is the numbers. Your roster size doubles what we have which may come into play late in the game. We shall see..just don't count your chickens. You've already made that mistake once this year.

Gone Fishing
09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Dripping Springs 42
Wimbeley 14

Well fourbeee over two years and two games when you are 30 and 1 before this loss to make it 30 and 2, it was kind of hard for me to figure out what to do, (as you said usually we start a poll 30 min after a win) ...I don't even think I was on this board last time we lost!! I tried to find a 4A down low to post on, since Drip is 4A, but could'nt find that either. Soooo thanks for posting something. I was lost. LOL I had DS circled way before the season started because I have really seen them get better each of the last two years and I know they have a ton of seniors. Hell their enrollment is more than twice ours too, BUT I have to say somehow WT own the record of Ranch Road 12.
I was hoping we would be 2 and 0 going into this game and then a loss wouldn't hurt so much to a good 4A team, BUT I'm going to have to change my mind set and say WT are going to have to pull this one out for some good reasons. Sooo your way off on the 42 - 14. Drip may have some speed, but no way faster speed than Giddings and we put up 4 TD's and should have been 6. (one TD pass called back on a illegal shift call and another great chance but a penalty then INT after getting inside the 10 ). I feel we can score, need to get rid of turnovers and the total defense to play best game. If so, it won't be a blow out....

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
For one thing Tejastrue, I am not coming out of the woodwork and I am not a DS fan and I hope the Texans win. I live in Wimberley and have been a Texans fan before there was a Texans team when our first kids were Titans and then Texans. I remember what it was like when we struggled and what it is like with success, but I'm not blind when it comes to a teams ability. I was just telling you what I heard and saw at the game. After evaluating both, I just think DS is a lot better team. They play a lot of kids and stay fresh during the game. As far as the game with Champion, the game would not have been close if Champion had not thrown 5 ints. two of which were in the endzone. Champion had the best passing game I've seen in years. Last week their QB threw 6 TDs in the first half against New Braunfels. DS is a better team than 5A NB. Good luck to the Texans, but I still think they will not get it done this week. I really hope I am wrong about this and it wont be the first time.

hookandladder
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
For one thing Tejastrue, I am not coming out of the woodwork and I am not a DS fan and I hope the Texans win. I live in Wimberley and have been a Texans fan before there was a Texans team when our first kids were Titans and then Texans. I remember what it was like when we struggled and what it is like with success, but I'm not blind when it comes to a teams ability. I was just telling you what I heard and saw at the game. After evaluating both, I just think DS is a lot better team. They play a lot of kids and stay fresh during the game. As far as the game with Champion, the game would not have been close if Champion had not thrown 5 ints. two of which were in the endzone. Champion had the best passing game I've seen in years. Last week their QB threw 6 TDs in the first half against New Braunfels. DS is a better team than 5A NB. Good luck to the Texans, but I still think they will not get it done this week. I really hope I am wrong about this and it wont be the first time.

I have a feeling my buddy( The DS -QB- Kyle Johnson) will be tough to slow down, kid is big and has a good arm on him I know from our days of playing baseball. This will be a tough game for Wimberley to win, should be close.

Gone Fishing
09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Your not old enough fourbeee, The very first kids were Wildcats...LOL..

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Gone fishing, wimberley Kids went to school in San Marcos and Kyle for HS. Wimberley was a 1-8 school and our young kids were the wildcats and my sons played on those teams. When Hays built Danforth, we opened it up as 5-8 school and we were the titans, but the pop warner teams played as wildcats. There is a bobcat in the old Bowen School ( Wimberley School) in the old (new) addition to the building when PH Bowen was principal. So if you are over 70 then you got me." I am not old enough." I guess you were with us when we out to east texas and played Dawson and all the other long trips we played when were Wimberley ISD playing an outlaw schedule because we couldn't play in a UIL district for the 1st 2 years. If you have been here that long you probably saw my wife play basketball in the old Gym 60 years ago. You probally know that the land that Bowen sits on belongs to the Scudder family and not Wimberley. They have a long term lease. Sorry, just a little history for those who have not been in Wimberley as long.

LHPfactory
09-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I dont see Wimberley loosing 2 in a row, DS sounds good this year, but I will go with Wimberley... and yes I agree that as fast as DS may be, I know from witnessing it in week zero, that the Texans saw speed, speed, and more speed against Giddings.

If its dripping its never good.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Your location shows to be Austin and your intitial post does not reflect you to be a Wimberley supporter. Maybe if you had seen our game last week you'd have a different opinion about this game. It doesn't matter though. I don't care who we play I will never go into a game believing we will get donkey stomped which basically what you are predicting. With fans like these who needs enemies. Lol..

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I did see the LLano game and I thought that the Texans almost lost to a team that wasn't very good. The only reason I didn't see the Giddings game is because a friend of mine's grandson was playing for Champion and he wanted me to go with him to the game. You are a little sensitive don't you think?? My sons graduated and played football for the Texans. I am not blinded by my loyalty. I just call them like I see them. But you keep living in your little high school world blind to your loyalty and common sense. Maybe if you had seen both teams play you might see why I think the way I do. If your are tight with the coaches, maybe they will let you see some game film on HUDL and see if that opens your eyes.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I did see the LLano game and I thought that the Texans almost lost to a team that wasn't very good. The only reason I didn't see the Giddings game is because a friend of mine's grandson was playing for Champion and he wanted me to go with him to the game. You are a little sensitive don't you think?? My sons graduated and played football for the Texans. I am not blinded by my loyalty. I just call them like I see them. But you keep living in your little high school world blind to your loyalty and common sense. Maybe if you had seen both teams play you might see why I think the way I do. If your are tight with the coaches, maybe they will let you see some game film on HUDL and see if that opens your eyes.

Loyal, yes..that I am. Sorry that bothers you. Just because I don't agree with you does not make me sensitive to the issue. As a matter of fact with your response it sounds like just the opposite. It's really irrelevant don't you think? I can say I believe you are wrong in regards to your analogy of two teams now. But that's just my opinion.

hollywood
09-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Is the Wimberley QB back to 100%. I personally know rib injuries are ongoing sometimes.

Should be a good test for the Texans. Dripping Springs is salty!

Pulling for the Texans... see me sig.

But, DS may just be too much for the Texans at this point in the season.

DS by 14+

ogg
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
They were talking about playing Wimberley this week while the Champion game was playing.

Who is "they"? You're on the sideline with the team? Or was it one of their toothless fans.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Who is "they"? You're on the sideline with the team? Or was it one of their toothless fans.

He was at the game with a friend who's grandson plays for Champion but they were sitting on the DS side. Lol..

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
We sat in the overflow on the visitors side, not many champion fans, but the stadium had DS folks on visitors side. Even a brainiac like tejastrue should be able to figure that out. "They" as ogg asked were students and adults from DS. The QB is ok according to Grandfather. He had no serious injuries. Champion doesn't have a game this week, I think, to answer Hollywood's question. Hey ogg, how did you know I was toothless? Now, do I need to type slower so ogg and tejastrue can understand? I-------sat------on visitors side-------DS-----folks--------sitting------there-------too. LOL 'They hate Wimberley second only to Lake Travis. "They have had their butts handed to them for a long time and want revenge. Plus they are a very good team and should make a playoff run, not a state championship caliber yet, but when there are 500 kids in every class," they "might get there eventually. Probably this will be the last 2 times " they "will probably get to play each other, because" they" more than likely could move to 5A next time around. For the same reason Akins would not play us last year when Smithville had to cancel, its one thing to get beat by someone a class below, but 2 classes below. The funny thing Ogg and tejastrue, I know who both of you are because I know most everyone in Wimberley and its hard to hide behind your forum name. Not that it matters. If you knew who I was, you would laugh your a@#% off, because both of you know me very well. This is hilarious that yall would like to try to get in a pi#@ing contest with me. LOL

Maroon87
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
We played DS in the playoffs last year and I was very impressed. It was a real back and forth game that wasn't decided until late in the 4th qtr. This should be a similar game. I think the Texans win by 7.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 08:03 PM
The funny thing Ogg and tejastrue, I know who both of you are because I know most everyone in Wimberley and its hard to hide behind your forum name. Not that it matters. If you knew who I was, you would laugh your a@#% off, because both of you know me very well. This is hilarious that yall would like to try to get in a pi#@ing contest with me. LOL

I seriously doubt I know you very well. Mayor Flocke...is that you?

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh, Tejas, we are much closer than that. Ha, Ha!!

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Okay..now it's just turned weird.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Is the Wimberley QB back to 100%. I personally know rib injuries are ongoing sometimes.

DS by 14+

You may be right Hollywood but we have the shot-shell reloader working overtime. Lol. I'm mainly concerned with their depth as opposed to ours. Their passing attack against our young secondary can only be beneficial no matter the outcome. I'd like to think we have enough to get us through. The odds are definitely against us.

ogg
09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
We sat in the overflow on the visitors side, not many champion fans, but the stadium had DS folks on visitors side. Even a brainiac like tejastrue should be able to figure that out. "They" as ogg asked were students and adults from DS. The QB is ok according to Grandfather. He had no serious injuries. Champion doesn't have a game this week, I think, to answer Hollywood's question. Hey ogg, how did you know I was toothless? Now, do I need to type slower so ogg and tejastrue can understand? I-------sat------on visitors side-------DS-----folks--------sitting------there-------too. LOL 'They hate Wimberley second only to Lake Travis. "They have had their butts handed to them for a long time and want revenge. Plus they are a very good team and should make a playoff run, not a state championship caliber yet, but when there are 500 kids in every class," they "might get there eventually. Probably this will be the last 2 times " they "will probably get to play each other, because" they" more than likely could move to 5A next time around. For the same reason Akins would not play us last year when Smithville had to cancel, its one thing to get beat by someone a class below, but 2 classes below. The funny thing Ogg and tejastrue, I know who both of you are because I know most everyone in Wimberley and its hard to hide behind your forum name. Not that it matters. If you knew who I was, you would laugh your a@#% off, because both of you know me very well. This is hilarious that yall would like to try to get in a pi#@ing contest with me. LOL

As long as this young Wimberley team is gaining skills and knowledge though this predistrict phase, that’s the real win. So bring on these knuckle dragging “Drippin” football players along with their unibrow cheerleaders. No fear.

Gone Fishing
09-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Gone fishing, wimberley Kids went to school in San Marcos and Kyle for HS. Wimberley was a 1-8 school and our young kids were the wildcats and my sons played on those teams. When Hays built Danforth, we opened it up as 5-8 school and we were the titans, but the pop warner teams played as wildcats. There is a bobcat in the old Bowen School ( Wimberley School) in the old (new) addition to the building when PH Bowen was principal. So if you are over 70 then you got me." I am not old enough." I guess you were with us when we out to east texas and played Dawson and all the other long trips we played when were Wimberley ISD playing an outlaw schedule because we couldn't play in a UIL district for the 1st 2 years. If you have been here that long you probably saw my wife play basketball in the old Gym 60 years ago. You probally know that the land that Bowen sits on belongs to the Scudder family and not Wimberley. They have a long term lease. Sorry, just a little history for those who have not been in Wimberley as long.

Thats funny Fourbeee. You know alot about Wimberley, believe me, I do too. The kids not only went to Kyle HS or San Marcos HS but they could go to Buda HS too. (before Hays was formed) Wimberley was a 1 - 8 grade school for sure and 2 grades in each classroom with one teacher in each. I had always heard that in the 50's and before that we had a high school too and not very many in it, but played 6 man FB a few years and of course basketball always and they would have been the WILDCATS... Danforth was named after Mrs Danforth who was a teaching legend around Wimberley for 60 or 70 or 80 years and was over a 100 when she died, I believe she originally taught at the Jacob Well one room school by the bridge below Jacobs Well. I remember seeing her when I was a kid. Mr Bowen was a fine man, not sure he was a great basketball coach or if maybe it was just a bunch of ol country boys , hillbillies, cedar wackers and a few city boys (move ins, Lol) that could flat out play some b ball. For years no Jr High around could beat 'um and they had to use 7th and 8th graders to make an 8th grade team because there was only a dozen or so in each class including girls. There is a lot of old Wimberley native GREATS in that old trophy case next to Mr Bowens old office, and a big a$$ rattle snake skin too...Lol....just saying. Oh and I wasn't with you when yall went out East on the long trips the first 2 years of FB and no I'm not over 70. Lol again..

Also , I look at Hudle some most every week of our own games and the next opponent too. I have said earlier that I think Drip is good, very good. Although Our boys are pumped up this week and I think they will play at their best game Friday. In a weird way the loss might have been a good thing. Wimberley wins in a nail biter, BUT we most likely won't blow them out....

fourbeee
09-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I wish they would have had HUDL back when I was in the business, Gone Fishin. It is something great. Well anyway I hope I am wrong on my prediction and the Texans pull it out. I will be there hoping for the upset . I think DS is a 2 TD favorite.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Looks like it will be a rainy day for Friday and a high in the low 80s :). When's the last time we heard that? Please rain all you want before and after the game. Lord knows we can use every drop down here.

texanpride1250
09-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Your not old enough fourbeee, The very first kids were Wildcats...LOL..

I was a Wildcat. Then I played when there were only 2 of us and we joined a team out of San Marcos.

bulldog82
09-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I hope WT lose, and lose big, just because..............well we know why.

hollywood
09-12-2012, 06:37 AM
You may be right Hollywood but we have the shot-shell reloader working overtime. Lol. I'm mainly concerned with their depth as opposed to ours. Their passing attack against our young secondary can only be beneficial no matter the outcome. I'd like to think we have enough to get us through. The odds are definitely against us.

Like I stated before, I'm pulling for Wimberley. Great coaches, great kids, great fans, and great program.

I think y'all will be ready. Stephenville looked like a different team last week from the week before. It can happen.

garciap77
09-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Good read! Learn a lot about the history of WT, but I'm still going with the Texans by 14!

P.S. Wimpy are you fourbeee?;)

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Thats funny Fourbeee. You know alot about Wimberley, believe me, I do too. The kids not only went to Kyle HS or San Marcos HS but they could go to Buda HS too. (before Hays was formed) Wimberley was a 1 - 8 grade school for sure and 2 grades in each classroom with one teacher in each. I had always heard that in the 50's and before that we had a high school too and not very many in it, but played 6 man FB a few years and of course basketball always and they would have been the WILDCATS... Danforth was named after Mrs Danforth who was a teaching legend around Wimberley for 60 or 70 or 80 years and was over a 100 when she died, I believe she originally taught at the Jacob Well one room school by the bridge below Jacobs Well. I remember seeing her when I was a kid. Mr Bowen was a fine man, not sure he was a great basketball coach or if maybe it was just a bunch of ol country boys , hillbillies, cedar wackers and a few city boys (move ins, Lol) that could flat out play some b ball. For years no Jr High around could beat 'um and they had to use 7th and 8th graders to make an 8th grade team because there was only a dozen or so in each class including girls. There is a lot of old Wimberley native GREATS in that old trophy case next to Mr Bowens old office, and a big a$$ rattle snake skin too...Lol....just saying. Oh and I wasn't with you when yall went out East on the long trips the first 2 years of FB and no I'm not over 70. Lol again..

Also , I look at Hudle some most every week of our own games and the next opponent too. I have said earlier that I think Drip is good, very good. Although Our boys are pumped up this week and I think they will play at their best game Friday. In a weird way the loss might have been a good thing. Wimberley wins in a nail biter, BUT we most likely won't blow them out....

Wow, someone needs to document all this history on the WISD wiki page.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Wasn't last year that Wimberley handed it to DS pretty good and then DS went on for a fairly deep 4a run?

Gone Fishing
09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I was a Wildcat. Then I played when there were only 2 of us and we joined a team out of San Marcos.

Wow Texanpride, you must be old!!! LOL

Gone Fishing
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM

I don't know why you hate us so much bulldog... I pull for ya'll unless against Wimberley and the others in the district too... It must suck to suck....Lol

Gone Fishing
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM

DS by 14+

He is 100% and hopefully will have the big game he is capable of with his ablities, he should play a bunch of safety too since they throw a bunch, he didn't play safety last week.

Tejastrue
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't know why you hate us so much bulldog... I pull for ya'll unless against Wimberley and the others in the district too... It must suck to suck....Lol

I'm taking Llano this week so bulldog82 can remain in his cellar. I know he likes it there..huh bulldog. :wave:

Tejastrue
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
The deal about the RR12 Super Bowl is that its personal...it's close to home...and it's a great rivalry. Most times, it doesnt matter which team is down or which team is up...the emotion runs high in this one, no matter the talent level. I think Wimberley will come away with a victory in this one, probalby by 14 or so. But you never know with this rivalry!

P.S., We dominate this rivalry overwhelmingly, I think by more than 2-to-1 in the last 10 - 12 years or so, at least thats what one of the coaches mentioned the other night. Anyone can check on that, let me know!

Listening to ESPN radio Austin coming home today and they actually had a pitch for this game on Friday. It was awesome! They mentioned the overall series was tied at 11 a piece. I know since 2004 we have won 5 of 8 and from that date they come in threes. Well..almost. 04-06 WT..07-09 DS..and 10-11-? WT. I guess we are due. LOL.. It's gonna be tough to get that 3rd one in a row.

bulldog82
09-12-2012, 06:04 PM

I don't hate, thats too harsh, I just don't like WT. And yes it does sux to suck ! I'll take Llano too, They are on a positive run and I'm happy for them. We, I don't know whats wrong any more. The kids try but just can't seem to get it together. Defense really sucks, coaches just don't give them that killer instinct. We don't blitz, pressure the Qb, crash the ends. It's like we play scared, try to keep it all in front of us while teams drive the field. Offense doesn't take care of the ball . One kid on kick off fumbled 3 times in GW and 1 time he got the ball against DW he fumbled. Anyway i'm sure i'll be eating plenty of crow this year as well ,but always like to ruffle some WT feathers along the way.

Gone Fishing
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't hate, thats too harsh, I just don't like WT. And yes it does sux to suck ! I'll take Llano too, They are on a positive run and I'm happy for them. We, I don't know whats wrong any more. The kids try but just can't seem to get it together. Defense really sucks, coaches just don't give them that killer instinct. We don't blitz, pressure the Qb, crash the ends. It's like we play scared, try to keep it all in front of us while teams drive the field. Offense doesn't take care of the ball . One kid on kick off fumbled 3 times in GW and 1 time he got the ball against DW he fumbled. Anyway i'm sure i'll be eating plenty of crow this year as well ,but always like to ruffle some WT feathers along the way.

Fair enough Bulldog...

Gone Fishing
09-12-2012, 08:14 PM

Fair enough Bulldog...

bulldog82
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Maybe a wet field will help us ? NOT ! ! !

ogg
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm speechless, and here I thought you always liked us.

ogg
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Listening to ESPN radio Austin coming home today and they actually had a pitch for this game on Friday. It was awesome! They mentioned the overall series was tied at 11 a piece. I know since 2004 we have won 5 of 8 and from that date they come in threes. Well..almost. 04-06 WT..07-09 DS..and 10-11-? WT. I guess we are due. LOL.. It's gonna be tough to get that 3rd one in a row.

If we start turning the ball over again like the last two week, , , then yes, it will be tough.

Sportshack
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Last year Dripping played very physical in the trenches and came out of gate fast on defense. However, their DB's simply were not up to the task of stopping the Wimberley passing game. Burttschelle had about 3 TD passes at times when the Texans were not really moving the ball that well and the DS defenders were right there but simply were not good enough athletes to make the plays. In other words if they could have made plays on balls that they were in position to defend, it could have been a much different game. I think Blakemore got loose on another and of course he returned the kick off 90 yards or thereabouts. DS got their passing game going and exposed the Texans' DB's pretty well. It could have been worse except for some misses by QB on wide open receivers and a drop. Drip could not run the ball however. The Texans pass defense is not as good this year and they had trouble with the DS passing game last year to an extent. The DS passing game will be more sophisticated than what the Texans have seen thus far and they simply do not seem to have done very well stopping the passing vs Llano and Giddings. DS came on in tough district last year and had good playoff run. That experience is going to be big for them as they are more senior laden. My vague recollection is that this group of DS seniors as done pretty well against the WHS seniors at sub-varsity levels. I hope I am wrong but I am thinking it will be a tough night for the Texans. It is tough to beat a school up a classification. Now WHS did it in 05 and 06 when they had state elite level teams and went 27-2. They did it again in '10 & '11 when they were again elite and went 29-1 . However, not so much the other years. And DS was simply not very good in 4A most of those years. I am hoping the Texans can control line of scrimmage and the passing game can take another step. The Texans have scored 27 and 26 points so they are a competitive team. However, they have given up more. I want the Texans to win but concerned about this one. Lay those concerns to rest boys!!!!

bulldog82
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm speechless, and here I thought you always liked us.

Ha Ha Ha .............Your so funny !!!1

Gone Fishing
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Wimberley will play good this week. They beat a good Llano team with two major players out in the second half, could have and should have beat Giddings, (if you look at the turnovers, and two bad calls), and are capable of beating Drip as the young guys get better each day and each game. No matter what the record is after five weeks and a bye, I feel real good about where this team can get to by district and beyond. Thats my opinion , Gone Fishing is a homer, but also knows his HS football and knows this team. Dripping Springs better be ready for a fight tomorrow night, this team is ready...and each week they will be more ready...Damn I love our coaches.

LHPfactory
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Im pulling for ya Wimberley, make 3A proud and break it off in DS tomorrow night.

No when you pull into LH in a few weeks, thats a different story.....

lbjacj
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
"damn i love our coaches"

amen!!!

wimbo_pro
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I think we will win, but see several danger areas for us...all mentioned above. I can also see us getting beat soundly if we dont fix some of the obvious problems we have exhibited recently. So...taking all into account, I predict a Wimberley win (big surprise, right?), but a tight game with some big plays turning the outcome in our favor.

Tejastrue
09-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Wimberley will play good this week. They beat a good Llano team with two major players out in the second half, could have and should have beat Giddings, (if you look at the turnovers, and two bad calls), and are capable of beating Drip as the young guys get better each day and each game. No matter what the record is after five weeks and a bye, I feel real good about where this team can get to by district and beyond. Thats my opinion , Gone Fishing is a homer, but also knows his HS football and knows this team. Dripping Springs better be ready for a fight tomorrow night, this team is ready...and each week they will be more ready...Damn I love our coaches.

Has our injury status been upgraded?

wimbo_pro
09-13-2012, 09:07 PM

I heard we are in good shape, about average for this time of year (not recent year average...you know what I mena).

Gone Fishing
09-13-2012, 09:15 PM

DE /TE Kothman who went out in the first 5 minutes last week is a game time decision, Jones is 100% and should play both ways some, Kyle Terreo ( who hasnt played yet this year due to surgery) is suppose to be back for the Liberty Hill game.

wimbo_pro
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
DE /TE Kothman who went out in the first 5 minutes last week is a game time decision, Jones is 100% and should play both ways some, Kyle Terreo ( who hasnt played yet this year due to surgery) is suppose to be back for the Liberty Hill game.

Excellent. Would be nice to be full strength against LH and regular season.

Tejastrue
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks GF. Yes indeed Wimbo.

ogg
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
IMO we’ll win. However, I do think DS qb Johnson will give us an air raid that will more than likely move the chains. Hopefully we can pressure him---he throws nice picks as I remember. Also, I really don’t think they’ll control Wimberley’s offense, I do think our boys will get their points and that will be spearheaded by the running game.
As almost always in high school ball, momentum, turn overs, special teams can play key roles.

Sportshack
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM

I agree that Wimberley will fare well in district play. This coaching staff has a good track record of improving the team's play as the year progresses even on the years where they were not as talented. They have a challenging stretch of games before they get to district, which will help build the experience of the young guys.

ogg
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM

Yesssssir, Wimberley's coaching staff is simply amazing.

1st and goal
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Yah, last weeks game could've been closer if we would have tipped a 3rd pass to your receivers.

Was watching thru my binocs and on Wimbo's 1st play from scrimmage, it was within fingertips of being picked 6 by Joseph Glenn who had come through the line so fast....a game of inches.

zebrablue2
09-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Yesssssir, Wimberley's coaching staff is simply amazing.

Coach N. will have them ready, thats for sure...

Tejastrue
09-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Yah, last weeks game could've been closer if we would have tipped a 3rd pass to your receivers.

Was watching thru my binocs and on Wimbo's 1st play from scrimmage, it was within fingertips of being picked 6 by Joseph Glenn who had come through the line so fast....a game of inches.

One more tipped pass and you guys would have lost. Time to move on. :wave:

wimbo_pro
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Ya know, 1st and Goal....we have given Giddings all the credit for the win, fair and square, with grace and respect. But you keep pushing and nudging and gloating. So, one week later, I think its time to return the favor and be less-than-polite back to you....

You are in for a big surprise, my friend. Having been or played a State finalist teams in the last 3 consecutive years (and played many more in the previous 5, not to mention having been one), I think it is safe for me to say that Giddings wont make it. Fast, yes. Big? yes. But there we were, lowly ol' Wimberley, having lost a HUGE amount of starters...starting a HUGE amount of inexperienced kids...this band of hard fighting scrappers...took you to the wire, even though you are bigger and faster. You'll see what I mean come play-offs. You won't make it. And you SURELY don't want to meet Wimberley in the play offs, if we are lucky enough to get that far. Trust me on this one...Giddings isnt THAT good.

Gone Fishing
09-14-2012, 11:15 AM

And if you have to have binocs at a HS game in a 3 A stadium you are either real old and probably don't know what your talking about, or don't know much about football because only a nerd would need or look through binocs at a 3A high school game (Also can't see the whole play going on if looking through a hole) OR you really saw the TD pass that was called back was not really a illegal shift OR you saw the backwards lateral pass that was recovered by Wimberley were both bad calls. I agree with Wimbo, we all gave yall credit and said how good and fast yall were and gave yall the credit for the win, but go fly a kite now and if you are lucky enough to meet Wimberley again in the playoffs, you would be unlucky.....

panfan
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
NO! Couldn't resist any longer :D

wimbo_pro
09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
NO! Couldn't resist any longer :D

hahahaha

Tejastrue
09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Daaaang... Wimbo and GF..I was just trying to let him off with a warning. Lol...

garciap77
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
hahahaha

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

wimbo_pro
09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Daaaang... Wimbo and GF..I was just trying to let him off with a warning. Lol...

LOLOL...it's Friday, dang it!! Game time blood is running fast! I hope 1st and Goal takes it in the "back-and-forth" kinda way it was intended...nothing personal of course.

Tejastrue
09-14-2012, 01:23 PM
LOLOL...it's Friday, dang it!! Game time blood is running fast! I hope 1st and Goal takes it in the "back-and-forth" kinda way it was intended...nothing personal of course.

I have to admit that you guys posted kinda what I was thinking and it was the second shot he's taken today at lowly ol Wimberley but this one was a little more blatant. But hey, he has been promoting the hamburgers from our game concessions. :thumbsup:

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Wimberley wins this game, you guys go easy on 1st and goal. You had your what if moments from your side of the stadium, and giddings had ours from our side of the stadium (a fair share as well), but that is part of the game, and you have those views in every game. Giddings is not that big up front, you guys had us in size up front, especially with our big guy in street clothes. If we meet again, I will be a nervous wreck, but it will be another good game.

And there won't be any home cooking in Wimberley again if that happens :wave:

Yall go beat drip and don't worry about 1st and goal or the buffs for a while. Hopefully you guys and our guys win tonight and both teams keep moving in the right direction.

good luck

lbjacj
09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Wimberley wins this game, you guys go easy on 1st and goal. You had your what if moments from your side of the stadium, and giddings had ours from our side of the stadium (a fair share as well), but that is part of the game, and you have those views in every game. Giddings is not that big up front, you guys had us in size up front, especially with our big guy in street clothes. If we meet again, I will be a nervous wreck, but it will be another good game.

Yall go beat drip and don't worry about 1st and goal or the buffs for a while. Hopefully you guys and our guys win tonight and both teams keep moving in the right direction.

good luck

Thanks Buff! Good luck to you and I hope y'all win!

wimbo_pro
09-14-2012, 03:00 PM

good luck

Thanks Buff...but honestly, not too worried about beating Dripping tonight. Of course I want to see a solid win, but not sure how tonight will end up, all I know is that no one (as I recall) predicted an undefeated season, and 3 games had/have us most worried...Giddings, Dripping and LH. So, no huge surprise we got beat by a team that played better than we did that Friday night. Obviously, fo us, its going to be all about the post-season...regular season be damned! Good luck to you guys too...and no injuries!

Tejastrue
09-14-2012, 03:36 PM

good luck

Buff..we all thought it was over but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29DXfcdhBg Lol.. Good luck tonight!!

Gone Fishing
09-14-2012, 04:20 PM

Tejas, I felt your sense of humor, but I just couldn't help it... Lol

ogg
09-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Should be a packed stadium tonight, both sides. The drip always brings a crowd.

lbjacj
09-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Drips got some hosses!
That's ok. The bigger they are the harder they fall !!!

Tejastrue
09-14-2012, 11:06 PM
DS -28 WT-13...We gave them hell boys...Reed Jones going down again is getting hard to take! Congrats to Dripping Springs though..their QB can sling it and he has some receivers that can go up and get the ball. Good luck the rest of the season.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
We were out-classed, without a doubt. Dripping is far and away the better team. Sure, the score was 7-7 at half, but that was only because Dripping wasn't hitting on half the cylinders they have. I haven't seen such a poor performance by the Texans in 4-5 years. This was what we all have feared, in almost all categories. We do not deserve even the top 25 after tonights performance. Our defense did a great job...but just got worn down with a horrible offensive performance. Just plain worn down...That QB from DS is damned good. Too many Texans going both ways...but it is what it is. We will find a way to the play offs...and we will have it together at that time. In the meantime...we have work to do.

hookandladder
09-15-2012, 01:17 AM
No surprise here ,DS definitely more talented team.

hollywood
09-15-2012, 06:51 AM

DS by 14+

Sorry to hear about QB again. Stinks for y'all. DS is good.

Sometimes a reality check now will benefit later in season.

Wimberley will get better this season but it will be hard to be the caliber they were last year.

You gotta call it like it is. Good luck.

Tejastrue
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
They were indeed the better team but I liked our chances a lot better if Jones was still in, especially at safety. Their sheer numbers wore us down in the 4th. Our defense had a lot to do with it being 7-7 at the half. Our secondary is still learning and will get better. OL ..the same thing. I don't know how many times they had a lb rush unabated to the QB/RB. As far as our receivers..other than Bryce Rainwater..I don't think we have a reliable go to guy. Doubt if we'll see another team the caliber of DS the rest of the season. It's gonna get better boys. I can promise you that!

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 08:56 AM
We were out-classed, without a doubt. Dripping is far and away the better team. Sure, the score was 7-7 at half, but that was only because Dripping wasn't hitting on half the cylinders they have. I haven't seen such a poor performance by the Texans in 4-5 years. This was what we all have feared, in almost all categories. We do not deserve even the top 25 after tonights performance. Our defense did a great job...but just got worn down with a horrible offensive performance. Just plain worn down...That QB from DS is damned good. Too many Texans going both ways...but it is what it is. We will find a way to the play offs...and we will have it together at that time. In the meantime...we have work to do.

Maybe our newspaper volleyball reporter knew more than I thought, when he said WT would be one and done in the playoffs this year in his early season predictions?

wimbo_pro
09-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Maybe our newspaper volleyball reporter knew more than I thought, when he said WT would be one and done in the playoffs this year in his early season predictions?

Not so sure about one-and-done, but a deep run will require a lot of improvement, thats for sure.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2012, 09:33 AM
They were indeed the better team but I liked our chances a lot better if Jones was still in, especially at safety

I ws impressed with our sophmore QB's performance...I see promise in that kid. At this point, I would like to see Jones stay in the defense backfield to shore up our pass defense, and Ceriday take the reigns behind the center. Oh...and the center....we gotta get that fixed!!! Lot's of things to do...no doubt about that!

Tejastrue
09-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I ws impressed with our sophmore QB's performance...I see promise in that kid. At this point, I would like to see Jones stay in the defense backfield to shore up our pass defense, and Ceriday take the reigns behind the center. Oh...and the center....we gotta get that fixed!!! Lot's of things to do...no doubt about that!

The center snaps continue to plague us. No..they are killing us!

Gone Fishing
09-15-2012, 11:31 AM
DS -28 WT-13...We gave them hell boys...Reed Jones going down again is getting hard to take! Congrats to Dripping Springs though..their QB can sling it and he has some receivers that can go up and get the ball. Good luck the rest of the season.

He didn't go down, they took his helmet away after he got ear holed by a DL that was untouched by our guard.

Gone Fishing
09-15-2012, 11:33 AM
The center snaps continue to plague us. No..they are killing us!

They are and have been horrible at times. Screws up many plays over 3 weeks

Gone Fishing
09-15-2012, 11:43 AM

The first half DS did not pass the ball well at all ( jones in at safety most of that time) Cerday in at qb is not a good idea...just saying ,although it would allow jones to play receiver and safety full time, oh and return punts and kick offs full time. If your line don't / can't block and your receivers don't run the correct routes or don't / can't catch , or the center can't snap it to him, it doesn't matter who is back there.

ogg
09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
IMO:
1. Dripping Springs was/is a beatable team, same skill level as last year. They didn’t impress me.
2. DS QB Johnson is good, , , but not great. He had several receivers (#85 looked 6’8) that are very good and adjusted to his poorly thrown balls.
3. Bad center snaps happened last year in Dripping Springs, was it the same guy? Three games into the season they’re still a problem; however seem to be getting less frequent. Coaches.
4. Agree with fish about the o-line. As a whole they’re getting beat off the line. Rt. Tackle on one play got blown away and Cerday got mugged on a roll out. Agree also about the receivers.
5. Agree with TT about the 4th quarter. Playing from behind in the 4th and many players going both ways can be a beat down.
6. All things considered, think the D played a very, very good game.

bulldog82
09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
He didn't go down, they took his helmet away after he got ear holed by a DL that was untouched by our guard.

Did he have concussion like symptoms? UIL rules will mean he has to sit out next week.