PDA

View Full Version : rockdale quarterback problem

keep_it_real
08-17-2003, 04:59 PM
yesterday the first 2 quarterbacks that went in for rockdale didn't fit the offensive scheme. finally michael menley went in and got it going for the tigers. It was puzzling to me because he had the least reps but did the best. everytime he completed a pass, he was taken out. I know scrimmages are for practice but he s the third string qb and only got a 6th of the reps.

Old Tiger
08-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Any idea on who all was on the recieving end of his passes?

River-Rat
08-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Perhaps the 3rd string QB was going against the other team's 2nd and 3rd stringer defenders. First scrimmages are hard to judge. Casey does a great job, adn I am sure he will have the best possible QB starting when it counts.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, how do you think Rockdale, will match up against Bellville, in the first game?

keep_it_real
08-19-2003, 02:43 PM
I don't know Bellville is a solid team like last year, this years tigers are different then most years, its hard for me to make predictions as of now, maybe after the next scrimmage Ill have a better idea on what might happen.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-19-2003, 08:30 PM
The Rockdale quarterbacks had almost the same amount of reps. Matt Sanders had 9 the first drive and Kyle Schielack had the last 6. Then, Micheal Menley had 5 on the next set, Sanders 5, and Schielack 5. Finally, on the last set, Schielack had the first 2, and Menley had the final 8. That ends up with Sanders having 14, Schielack and Menley having 13 apiece, which is as even as the coaches could get it. Nobody had a standout performance, but it is only a scrimmage and a learning experience. I think that we will do better against Hutto than we did against Manor. We'll see Thursday night.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks, for the info, real. Do you plan on coming to Bellville for the game? I think last time yall came to Bellville was about 7 or 8 years ago to play a Bi-District, play-off game. keep-it-real check your P.M.

keep_it_real
08-19-2003, 09:28 PM
former... I check you pm.