PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 2 GotW: Giddings(2-0) Vs. Bellville(1-1)

buff4ever
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Another great game this week, Buffalo fans are getting some real entertainment. The Buffaloes will surely be looking for a little pay back for last year, as the Brahmas will be looking to bounce back from last weeks loss.

These two programs have had some great battles throughout the years, I expect this one will not disappoint.

I think the Buffs pull out yet a third tight scoring ball game in a row.

buff4ever
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
oh yeah, I forgot to mention....Bellville sux!:wave:

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Damn didn't realize the buffs were playing this tough a schedule.

If giddings knocks off 3 ranked teams in a row, people are really gonna take notice.

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I like what I saw from Giddings last year. Not exactly the Giddings of old, but, it was just a matter of time before Giddings was back playing Buffalo football.

Before Friday, I would have said Bellville. But, after Bellville's loss, I am not so sure. What I do know is that The PATURE OF PAIN is not an easy place to pull out a victory. As mentioned, Giddings will be looking for revenge and appears to be on a roll. I'm going to go with the Buffs.

Good luck to both teams.

1st and goal
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Heck, I'd bet even the Lagrange peeps would like to see us knock off Bellville. :)

1st and goal
09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
What are Bellville's attendance numbers?

This will be a test of both teams obviously. I know the Buffs have almost totally rebuilt since we graduated 26 seniors last year, but I'm thinking that Bellville graduated more than they thought. Like most of their offensive line.

Glad we got some slot T experience early this season on Defense.

Pudlugger
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Heck, I'd bet even the Lagrange peeps would like to see us knock off Bellville. :)

Actually I have no dog in this fight. I do think Giddings will have a tough time winning in the Pasture of Pain against a Brahma team coming off an surprising loss to Kincaid. You just know the Bulls are going to be seeing red Friday. If the Buffs don't get complacent and maintain the focus and intensity they can win. However, my gut feeling is Bellville by a td or less.

87 TIGER
09-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm going Giddings in this one

buff4ever
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Actually I have no dog in this fight. I do think Giddings will have a tough time winning in the Pasture of Pain against a Brahma team coming off an surprising loss to Kincaid. You just know the Bulls are going to be seeing red Friday. If the Buffs don't get complacent and maintain the focus and intensity they can win. However, my gut feeling is Bellville by a td or less.

Playing in a playoff atmosphere 3 weeks in a row this early in the year can be tough, but hopefully our boys are getting some great experience and maturity out of it. Bellville is going to want this one really bad, but it isn't like our boys are gonna say we won 2 tough ones, this one don't mean anything. I still think that Giddings pulls out another one here, and keeps it rolling.

Old QB
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm going Giddings in this one

Seems that on this board everyone was shocked that Bellville lost to Kinkade. I was at the game and believe me - Kinkade is for real. Very good team, lots of talent and well coached. It was no fluke that Bellville lost. I was sitting next to the father of one of our starters and he said that undoubltedly Kinkade is one of the best teams Bellville will see this year - including the playoffs if we make it that far. I totally agree. They were good - very good. They were better than any team I saw Bellville play all last year, including the playoffs. Kinkade is a very expensive private school with, as I understand, scholorships for football players. It showed - they were big, fast & very talented. Even our head coach had said last week that Kinkade has 3 D1 players - qb plus 2 receivers. I could also add that in my opinion they have a running back that could also go D1. All I'm saying is that Bellville is good this year but after watching Kinkade, Bellville was beat by a better team. Still think Bellville will do well this year. Evidently, Giddings is good. Should be a good game.

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Seems that on this board everyone was shocked that Bellville lost to Kinkade. I was at the game and believe me - Kinkade is for real. Very good team, lots of talent and well coached. It was no fluke that Bellville lost. I was sitting next to the father of one of our starters and he said that undoubltedly Kinkade is one of the best teams Bellville will see this year - including the playoffs if we make it that far. I totally agree. They were good - very good. They were better than any team I saw Bellville play all last year, including the playoffs. Kinkade is a very expensive private school with, as I understand, scholorships for football players. It showed - they were big, fast & very talented. Even our head coach had said last week that Kinkade has 3 D1 players - qb plus 2 receivers. I could also add that in my opinion they have a running back that could also go D1. All I'm saying is that Bellville is good this year but after watching Kinkade, Bellville was beat by a better team. Still think Bellville will do well this year. Evidently, Giddings is good. Should be a good game.

In the end, Bellville will be fine and the Kinkaid game will be a game that the Brahmas will have learned a valuable lesson. I still think that Bellville and El Campo will battle it out for the district championship.

I think the biggest shock was the point spread.

Manso/V8
09-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Kinkaid was a very good team, but I don't put them at the level that Old QB does.
I just think it was an off night for the Brahmas tackling and downfield blocking, and overall intensity at some of the skill positions was not there.
Hopefully they will learn from that experience and be up and ready for the Buffs.

We graduated plenty of lineman last year, but the OL is relatively intact, and overall we have the potential to be more explosive on offense than last year.
Bellville's DL is more of a concern, but we have the kids to get the job done.

I say Bellville by 14 in the one.

Manso/V8
09-10-2012, 03:44 PM
What are Bellville's attendance numbers?

Not sure, but I think the enrollment numbers are betweeen 650 and 700, I want to say 670-680.
We will more than likely be a Div 2 team, since El Campo, Sealy, (and possibly others in our district) have higher enrollment numbers.

Ville-D
09-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Buffs by 24

buff4ever
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Buffs by 24

17 would be mighty nice and relaxing after the last two.

Manso/V8
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
17 would be mighty nice and relaxing after the last two.

I don't think you'll have a chance to relax.

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Buffs by 24

I say that it will be close than that. These two teams know each other very well. The winning team will probably win by 10 points or less.

1st and goal
09-10-2012, 08:17 PM
I think the Buffs have one lineman hurt and not playing right now. Not sure of his status, hope he gets well quickly.

The Buffs played a really good game last week keeping mistakes and penalties to a minimum. 2 of Wimberleys's long passes were tipped up but then caught by their intended receiver. Dangdest thing I ever did see twice in a game.

If the Buffs play like last week, I believe they can win. Sure, I'd like a big point margin, but I'll take another nail biting "squeaker" if I can get it.

Yoe_09
09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Giddings(2-0)
W 32-29 over Liberty Hill
W 31-26 over Wimberley

Vs.

Bellville(1-1)
W 77-15 over Caldwell
L 41-13 to Houston Kinkaid

Thoughts & Predictions?

garciap77
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Giddings by 21!

The Bull #40
09-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Not going to be able to make this game unfortunately but I'm hoping the Brahmas bounce back after a loss to Kinkaid and get back on track against the Buffs. From what I can tell Giddings this year looks like the Giddings of old which could mean a deep playoff run for them, but I'm hoping Bellville does the same. I'll keep my prediction until later in the week when I hear a little more about the recovery of some of our players and more about Giddings' team.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Manso/V8
09-11-2012, 02:44 AM
I think the Buffs have one lineman hurt and not playing right now. Not sure of his status, hope he gets well quickly.

The Buffs played a really good game last week keeping mistakes and penalties to a minimum. 2 of Wimberleys's long passes were tipped up but then caught by their intended receiver. Dangdest thing I ever did see twice in a game.

If the Buffs play like last week, I believe they can win. Sure, I'd like a big point margin, but I'll take another nail biting "squeaker" if I can get it.

1st and Goal - The only thing that is known for sure right now, the Liberty Hill and Wimberley fans REALLY want the Buffs to beat the Brahmas..........that's the only way they ccan get some true validation and feel better about the losses you hung on them the last couple of weeks.

I don't know how the game will go, but I think the power of the Pasture of Pain will kick in and give therboost the Brahmas need and help them rebound from the less than stellar effort at Kinkaid last week. Last year, we were able to hold Joe to 50 yards on 19 rush atttempts, yall had to go the air, and you picked up apart a confused secondary. I don't think that will happen this year, our rush defense isn't quite as stout and our secondary is better...........that is of course all those dings repair from last Friday. On the offensive side of the ball, I think you will find a more explosive Bellville team, with a bigger, stronger, more athletic line. Our strong side goes 6'-3/270, 6'-2"/320, and 6'-3"/240. If we can keep pressure off of our QB, you will see a much improved passing game, and if the speed backs are back healthy, yall might get kind of winded. If it doesn't work out for us this week, maybe we will need to have some guys both ways, something we have avoided so far.

I am looking forward to it, I think it will be an intense game, and I hope the Liberty Hill and Wimberley fans can contain themselves and pay some attention to their own games this week!

1st and goal
09-11-2012, 08:27 AM
We will come out passing from the get go. Joseph's yardage will come from rushing and receiving. We are not the ground pounding Giddings of old. We have a good balance of plays to keep defenses honest and attempt to expose weaknesses..

I hope no kids get hurt badly and the zebras call a fair game.

1st and goal
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh, and I'm pretty sure LH and Wimberley would love us to win, but I'm telling you they will both be standing on their feet ready when playoff time comes.

I'm just as excited about this game as I was last week's game with Wimbo.

1st and goal
09-11-2012, 08:32 AM
1 more thing while I'm posting, the weather gal in Austin says 50% chance of rain Friday so it could get sloppy. Especially since Bellville gets ALL the rain and Giddings just gets a tad. I just got thru mowing down my last bit of what's suppossed to have been hay last week. I have 2-3" cracks in the ground.

Tejastrue
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
1st and Goal - The only thing that is known for sure right now, the Liberty Hill and Wimberley fans REALLY want the Buffs to beat the Brahmas..........that's the only way they ccan get some true validation and feel better about the losses you hung on them the last couple of weeks.

Wrong Manso. I don't think any of us give a crap about who wins here. JMO though. It's not going to change things. We know where we are now and know where we need to be. We'll be working on that for a while. It's also getting old how you play the role of actually showing interest in other teams only to take shots at them for your leisure.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
!

Manso....with all due respect, I think you need to understand the difference between things you think are true and things you know are true. If you think Wimberley is concerned with Giddings and their game on this Tuesday, you would be dead wrong. We are playing Dripping Springs. Thats where our thoughts are...because having been there a couple times and very close a couple other times, we know what is needed to win it all. And thinking about last weeks game is not something Champions do. We'll think about Giddings come Regional play...assuming they get that far with the tough distrcit they have.

zebrablue2
09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
This game will show Bellville where they truly rank in Reg 4. Should be a good one, and best of luck to all that play the game. May it be hard hitting and injury free!!!

wimbo_pro
09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
This game will show Bellville where they truly rank in Reg 4. Should be a good one, and best of luck to all that play the game. May it be hard hitting and injury free!!!

Will you be there, Zebra? or will you be calling a game somewhere else?

Manso/V8
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
You should mostly see a ground game from us with maybe 4 passes on the night. Last week we got away from our typical game plan and threw 14 times, and the wrong kind of passes.

I looked at the weather report as well, yesterday they had us at a 50% chance of rain on Friday, and they upped it to 70% in today's forecast. I don't think they are expecting much, probably less than
and inch and we hadn't had much for a while, so it would probably soak right in and not get sloppy. They also said a high of 88 and a low of 66, I was hoping for a hot and sweaty, humid game since the
Buffs have several going both ways......so the coooler temps work in your favor. It always seem like it rains more somewhere else when you need it. We are just outside the "rain belt" that Houston and south of I-10 enjoys.
We did have real good rain this winter and spring, and it was spotty this summer, with parts of the country getting really dry. Then we got 12" or so in late July which really got things going.

We will all be on the edge of our seats for this game. The last couple of weeks have been a whip saw, with the too big of win over Caldwell and the prep school disappintment. This one will be a litmus test to see if we
can run with the new big dogs of Regiion 4.

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Very true. After the Caldwell blowout, I thought we would be pretty tough to beat. After getting beat by Kincaid, I am nervous. Not taking anything away from Kincaid at all, they are a fantastic football team, but I think that is one we should have pulled away with if we wanted to make a statement in Reg. 4. Beating both Kincaid AND Giddings would really let folks know we are for real. Hopefully last weak was a fluke and we come out strong against an always fiesty Buff team. IMO, this is a MUST WIN for the Bulls if we want to be taken seriously. A couple more losses and folks might forget about us. Going into our tough district schedule (@ El Campo & @ Sealy), we need to be clicking on all cylinders. A win over Giddings and the rest of the pre district opponents will give us the confidence we need to roll on to the playoffs. Bulls by a TD!

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Very true. After the Caldwell blowout, I thought we would be pretty tough to beat. After getting beat by Kincaid, I am nervous. Not taking anything away from Kincaid at all, they are a fantastic football team, but I think that is one we should have pulled away with if we wanted to make a statement in Reg. 4. Beating both Kincaid AND Giddings would really let folks know we are for real. Hopefully last weak was a fluke and we come out strong against an always fiesty Buff team. IMO, this is a MUST WIN for the Bulls if we want to be taken seriously. A couple more losses and folks might forget about us. Going into our tough district schedule (@ El Campo & @ Sealy), we need to be clicking on all cylinders. A win over Giddings and the rest of the pre district opponents will give us the confidence we need to roll on to the playoffs. Bulls by a TD!

Ole Bull...........Bellville sux

It doesn't matter if the state takes you serious or not, it only matters that your boys take it serious. These games don't have anything to do with district or making the playoffs, as long as your boys believe in what they are doing and keep getting after it. Once you make the playoffs, it doesn't matter what happened in week 2.

Last I checked, you can still win in the playoffs with 2 - 4 previous losses. Even more statistically, but not likely.

MJMbrahmas10
09-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Yall remember how long the giddings vs bellville threads were when chancellor and fitzhenry were the coaches.

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Yall remember how long the giddings vs bellville threads were when chancellor and fitzhenry were the coaches.

I think it had more to do with the number of posters from each town that are now missing, not the coaches. Maybe they are missing because of the coaches, but both teams have remained very competitive. The history of these two programs facing each other is very competitive. There is never an easy win in this one, except that playoff game where you guys kept fumbling the kickoffs back to us in Bryan, that was pretty funny for us, don't know what yall thought.

MJMbrahmas10
09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I was just referin to the time period. Yes many bellville posters are out of the loop. like me.

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM

It doesn't matter if the state takes you serious or not, it only matters that your boys take it serious. These games don't have anything to do with district or making the playoffs, as long as your boys believe in what they are doing and keep getting after it. Once you make the playoffs, it doesn't matter what happened in week 2.

Last I checked, you can still win in the playoffs with 2 - 4 previous losses. Even more statistically, but not likely.

Easy killer. Any competitor values the respect given from their competition. That is something that is earned. You dont work all year round to not be in the conversation about top state powers, or at least I didnt. Every single game contributes to how a team is molded and improves. Getting beat in pre district games is never good, I dont care if it affects the playoffs or not. I have never played on a team that said "oh well, this one didnt count". Surely you havent either. Hopefully the "Bellville sux" was just a harmless jab, which I am sure it was. If not, my opinion of Giddings has changed a bit. Our team is always going to get after it, and hopefully they get after Giddings like a bunch of yard dogs.

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I think it had more to do with the number of posters from each town that are now missing, not the coaches. Maybe they are missing because of the coaches, but both teams have remained very competitive. The history of these two programs facing each other is very competitive. There is never an easy win in this one, except that playoff game where you guys kept fumbling the kickoffs back to us in Bryan, that was pretty funny for us, don't know what yall thought.

And I think the Bellville/Giddings "rivalry" is kind of like the Texas vs. A&M rivalry. Texas has bigger fish to fry, so do the Bulls... Giddings doesnt come up in many conversations here in Austin County when it comes to rivalries...

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
And I think the Bellville/Giddings "rivalry" is kind of like the Texas vs. A&M rivalry. Texas has bigger fish to fry, so do the Bulls... Giddings doesnt come up in many conversations here in Austin County when it comes to rivalries...

Rivalry? Who said rivalry? You think of this as a rivalry? What is that matter with you. You are not a rival of ours, it has just been competitive with these two teams, all the way back to the simple scrimmages in the early to mid 90's. No one said rivalry but you.

The bellville sux is just a fun jab, I have had with some of the old bellville posters for years. They are buds of mine.

Rivalry? You wish. Rivalry? Come on ole bull, rivalry?

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Easy killer. Any competitor values the respect given from their competition. That is something that is earned. You dont work all year round to not be in the conversation about top state powers, or at least I didnt. Every single game contributes to how a team is molded and improves. Getting beat in pre district games is never good, I dont care if it affects the playoffs or not. I have never played on a team that said "oh well, this one didnt count". Surely you havent either. Hopefully the "Bellville sux" was just a harmless jab, which I am sure it was. If not, my opinion of Giddings has changed a bit. Our team is always going to get after it, and hopefully they get after Giddings like a bunch of yard dogs.

I can assure you that Giddings has respect for LH & Wimberley even though we beat them. They got after our arse, and we expect them to both do very well this year. You can earn respect in these pre-district games w/o winning them, and get as much or more out of them. Now your kinkaid game, that may have lost you some, but in no way is this a must win for bellville or giddings. Both want to win, and will play to win, but this won't end anyone's season because some people on this board or around the state lower their expectation of a team they know little about.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Manso, how are the 2 Bellville players that got injured?

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I can assure you that Giddings has respect for LH & Wimberley even though we beat them. They got after our arse, and we expect them to both do very well this year. You can earn respect in these pre-district games w/o winning them, and get as much or more out of them. Now your kinkaid game, that may have lost you some, but in no way is this a must win for bellville or giddings. Both want to win, and will play to win, but this won't end anyone's season because some people on this board or around the state lower their expectation of a team they know little about.

I guess this game is more important for the bulls than it is for Giddings, I dont know. Giddings has proven to be a competitor by beating 2 great teams, Bellville has not. We really dont know how good (or god forbid, bad) we are. If we beat Giddings, we will be ok, if we lose, we wait another week to see where we are at. Which is one week closer to district. Which means one less week to fix any problems we havent caught yet. We obviously dont see eye to eye on this so I am going to step away, I am getting bored...

1st and goal
09-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I guess this game is more important for the bulls than it is for Giddings, I dont know. Giddings has proven to be a competitor by beating 2 great teams, Bellville has not. We really dont know how good (or god forbid, bad) we are. If we beat Giddings, we will be ok, if we lose, we wait another week to see where we are at. Which is one week closer to district. Which means one less week to fix any problems we havent caught yet. We obviously dont see eye to eye on this so I am going to step away, I am getting bored...

I think Bellville will still make the playoffs no matter what happens in this game.

LHPfactory
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Buff4ever is right, and can attest, the 2006 season was the perfect example of that: to wit

2006-DI -3A--- Liberty Eilau lost some games during the season and was facing an undefeated Gilmer (who had GJ Kinne and Curtis Brown) first round of the play offs, LE blew up Gilmer early in the play offs and were the eventual DI champ.

2006-DII-3A--- Liberty Hill lost 2 games back to back in pre district to Cuero and then Wimberley. They then faced Giddings 13-0 (and picked by everyone and their dog to win the DII championship) in the Region III finals. LH won, beat 14-0 Hondo next week in the semis and then beat 15-0 Celina for the 2006 Championship.......

case in point there were no undefeated teams in 3A when it was all said and done, including both DI and DII champs.....

Manso/V8
09-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Wrong Manso. I don't think any of us give a crap about who wins here. JMO though. It's not going to change things. We know where we are now and know where we need to be. We'll be working on that for a while. It's also getting old how you play the role of actually showing interest in other teams only to take shots at them for your leisure.

Manso....with all due respect, I think you need to understand the difference between things you think are true and things you know are true. If you think Wimberley is concerned with Giddings and their game on this Tuesday, you would be dead wrong. We are playing Dripping Springs. Thats where our thoughts are...because having been there a couple times and very close a couple other times, we know what is needed to win it all. And thinking about last weeks game is not something Champions do. We'll think about Giddings come Regional play...assuming they get that far with the tough distrcit they have.

C'mon, don't be so sensitive. That wasn't a shot, it was a joke.....and a response to the lopsided poll, which prior to last Friday, probably would have been fairly even. Wimberley, Giddings, and Liberty Hill are some of the more active posters and they rightly should be voting for Giddings, because they know Giddings, better than we do this year. I do have genuine interest in other teams, especially R4 teams, now that we are R4. Even though Liberty Hill is in R1, they seem like a R4 team because at least in my find they are relatively clsoe to Wimberely (without looking at a map), and they have a reputation as the slot t masters, and since we are new to the slot t I wanna know all about the masters and how teams handle them defensively.

The truth is, I don't know how we will fare on Friday, with such wildly different results from week 0 and week 1, put of course I am picking the Brahmas, because I know they have the capability.
I see some weaknesses that need to be addressed, but the biggest thing I want to see, win or lose, is that the Brahmas step up the intensity and strive for a W. I think that is one of the primary reasons that Wimberely has had the success they have, the coaching staff and the players know had to handle adversity and respond.

Manso/V8
09-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I think Bellville will still make the playoffs no matter what happens in this game.

It think we will too, but Round 1 (D25 vs D26) will be a very tough game, and whoever makes it out of Round 1, will face D27. So, the first couple rounds might be the toughest games in the R4 bracket.

BTW, I think we are all forgetting the potential of Smithville.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2012, 03:44 PM
oh yeah, I forgot to mention....Bellville sux!:wave:

What's up Buff4ever? I see you are trying to get things hopping on this board like the good old days. For all the Bellville posters, the "Bellville sux" is a running joke. Several years ago, we had lots of participation on this board between the Bellville & Giddings posters, but recently we haven't had that much. Buff has been doing his best to get things rocking again. The other running joke is about the rain that tends to pop up in Bellville when these two teams meet. In the past, Giddings was primarily a running team. I think one year someone decided to "soak" the Bellville field thinking that would slow down their rushing attack.

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Buff4ever is right, and can attest, the 2006 season was the perfect example of that: to wit

2006-DI -3A--- Liberty Eilau lost some games during the season and was facing an undefeated Gilmer (who had GJ Kinne and Curtis Brown) first round of the play offs, LE blew up Gilmer early in the play offs and were the eventual DI champ.

2006-DII-3A--- Liberty Hill lost 2 games back to back in pre district to Cuero and then Wimberley. They then faced Giddings 13-0 (and picked by everyone and their dog to win the DII championship) in the Region III finals. LH won, beat 14-0 Hondo next week in the semis and then beat 15-0 Celina for the 2006 Championship.......

case in point there were no undefeated teams in 3A when it was all said and done, including both DI and DII champs.....

Not sure who beat LE, or how good Cuero and Wimberley were in '06, probably pretty darn good. The 2 examples you gave are probably pretty uncommon and I would venture to say that most state champs dont lose more than 1 or 2 games. What I am saying is that it does not benefit a team to lose to a team they SHOULD beat (Kincaid). Should Bellville beat Giddings??? I dont know, probably not, hopefully they do. I am more upset about the loss to Kincaid than what the outcome of the Giddings game could be. 2 losses in a row could turn into a downward spiral for Bellville, or any team. Teams can be off and get upset, hopefully that is what happened against Kincaid. Bellville is nowhere near the point where they can take teams for granted. My point is that Bellville, or anyone, needs to be winning games throughout the entire season. Just b/c they "dont count" doesnt mean they are not important. We are 2 games into the season and already have a loss. BTW, our district is tough and that will not be a cake walk to the playoffs. The 3 teams that go will be very fortunate to make it. All the ranting aside, I am confident in Coach Rowe and our players. We have some great senior leaders as well as some leadership in the underclassmen. They did not take the loss to Kincaid lightly and will be ready to give Giddings their best. I think Rowe will have the ship righted come Friday night for the home opener and the Bulls will get back on course. We shall see...

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 03:50 PM
What's up Buff4ever? I see you are trying to get things hopping on this board like the good old days. For all the Bellville posters, the "Bellville sux" is a running joke. Several years ago, we had lots of participation on this board between the Bellville & Giddings posters, but recently we haven't had that much. Buff has been doing his best to get things rocking again. The other running joke is about the rain that tends to pop up in Bellville when these two teams meet. In the past, Giddings was primarily a running team. I think one year someone decided to "soak" the Bellville field thinking that would slow down their rushing attack.

Yeah, and atleast we are playing at the pasture and we don't have to worry about you guys complaining about the home cooking we get with the refs in Giddings. Because we all know any call against Bellville is a crooked one right.:wave:

LHPfactory
09-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Not sure who beat LE, or how good Cuero and Wimberley were in '06, probably pretty darn good. The 2 examples you gave are probably pretty uncommon and I would venture to say that most state champs dont lose more than 1 or 2 games. What I am saying is that it does not benefit a team to lose to a team they SHOULD beat (Kincaid). Should Bellville beat Giddings??? I dont know, probably not, hopefully they do. I am more upset about the loss to Kincaid than what the outcome of the Giddings game could be. 2 losses in a row could turn into a downward spiral for Bellville, or any team. Teams can be off and get upset, hopefully that is what happened against Kincaid. Bellville is nowhere near the point where they can take teams for granted. My point is that Bellville, or anyone, needs to be winning games throughout the entire season. Just b/c they "dont count" doesnt mean they are not important. We are 2 games into the season and already have a loss. BTW, our district is tough and that will not be a cake walk to the playoffs. The 3 teams that go will be very fortunate to make it. All the ranting aside, I am confident in Coach Rowe and our players. We have some great senior leaders as well as some leadership in the underclassmen. They did not take the loss to Kincaid lightly and will be ready to give Giddings their best. I think Rowe will have the ship righted come Friday night for the home opener and the Bulls will get back on course. We shall see...

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that Cuero was ranked #1 when they beat us in Cuero, it was a barn burner that went back and forth with LH running out of time inside the 10 yard line and loosing by 4 points.

Also Wimberley was a legit top 5 team coming off the 2005 state championship, also a barn burner in Wimberley, Wimberley went ahead 48-44 with a minute left in the 4th..... (Wimberley also beat LE early in that season)....

So they (Wimberley and Cuero) were both legit top 5 teams in 3A that year. So if you are loosing to homecoming teams then the Bulls might have some issues

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that Cuero was ranked #1 when they beat us in Cuero, it was a barn burner that went back and forth with LH running out of time inside the 10 yard line and loosing by 4 points.

Also Wimberley was a legit top 5 team coming off the 2005 state championship, also a barn burner in Wimberley, Wimberley went ahead 48-44 with a minute left in the 4th..... (Wimberley also beat LE early in that season)....

So they (Wimberley and Cuero) were both legit top 5 teams in 3A that year. So if you are loosing to homecoming teams then the Bulls might have some issues

I figured so. I wouldnt say Kincaid was a homecoming team by any stretch of the imagination, but they were beatable. Definately nowhere near '06 Wimberley/Cuero if your facts are correct. We should have won the game. Giddings definately aint no slouch either... Should be a good one...

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I figured so. I wouldnt say Kincaid was a homecoming team by any stretch of the imagination, but they were beatable. Definately nowhere near '06 Wimberley/Cuero if your facts are correct. We should have won the game. Giddings definately aint no slouch either... Should be a good one...

We aren't looking to put a mark in the L category, that is for sure. We are bringing it with us when we come to Bellville Friday.

I love playing Bellville. I sure hope you guys get the run through helmet in the right place, or you may forfeit the game:wave:

(that may or may not be something you all remember from a couple of years ago.) I think you guys had issues with it at some game, ain't never seen nothing on this board get so comical as you guys talking about the run through helmet debacle.

The Bull #40
09-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Why has Giddings ventured away from the power running/option attack? It has served them well in the past, are y'all a more balanced attack this year in the run/pass category? I remember the Buffs always having a big o line and just running the option. Curious to see what this game has in store, hopefully Bellville pulls off the upset and sends the Buffs home with a LOSS.

Rattler
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Bellville - by 14

buff4ever
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Bellville - by 14

I like this one, I am pretty sure you picked against us last week too.

gtownfan
09-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Why has Giddings ventured away from the power running/option attack? It has served them well in the past, are y'all a more balanced attack this year in the run/pass category? I remember the Buffs always having a big o line and just running the option. Curious to see what this game has in store, hopefully Bellville pulls off the upset and sends the Buffs home with a LOSS.

A new coach is the reason for the change. Kind of interesting that all those years with the power running, fans complained there was not enough passing. Now with the wide open attach, the complaint is not enough running. Frankly putting points on the board is the key, doesn't matter how you do it.

I look for a close game that will come down the the final 2 minutes, with the buffs pulling out the win.

gtownfan
09-12-2012, 08:30 AM

A new coach is the reason for the change. Kind of interesting that all those years with the power running, fans complained there was not enough passing. Now with the wide open attach, the complaint is not enough running. Frankly putting points on the board is the key, doesn't matter how you do it.

I look for a close game that will come down the the final 2 minutes, with the buffs pulling out the win.

LHPfactory
09-12-2012, 08:37 AM

I agree, I hear people whining in LH sometimes about the coaches not passing enough, I actually heard this seveal times during the two championship years.... Cry babies will never be happy, tune em out and use the hand you have been delt to your biggest advantage.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 08:49 AM
We aren't looking to put a mark in the L category, that is for sure. We are bringing it with us when we come to Bellville Friday.

I love playing Bellville. I sure hope you guys get the run through helmet in the right place, or you may forfeit the game:wave:

(that may or may not be something you all remember from a couple of years ago.) I thinhe k you guys had issues with it at some game, ain't never seen nothing on this board get so comical as you guys talking about the run through helmet debacle.

Two issues I remember from a coujple of years ago, Cuero kept changing the location of where we could set up our helmet, and at Royal, the disco smoke lingered on the field during the 3rd quarter limiting visibility. I think with the rain and slight breeze expected on Friday, the disco smoke is supposed to hang in front of tht visitor's side for most of the 1st and 3rd quarter.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Manso, how are the 2 Bellville players that got injured?

I have no idea. Are you talking about #34 and #7?

Bull's-eye
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I have no idea. Are you talking about #34 and #7?

Yes, weren't they the 2 players hurt in last week's game?

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes, weren't they the 2 players hurt in last week's game?

#7 had been out for the scrimmages and the first game. I think it was an ankle sprain. Kinkaid was his first start, and I think he did leave the game early.
#34 was helped off the field, but I don't have any idea the extent of his injury.

Hopefully neither one is injured seriously and can return to action as soon as possible.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree, I hear people whining in LH sometimes about the coaches not passing enough, I actually heard this seveal times during the two championship years.... Cry babies will never be happy, tune em out and use the hand you have been delt to your biggest advantage.

Ouir head coach talks about using the pass selectively with the slot t.

Buff42
09-12-2012, 04:47 PM

Ole' Bull, Buff 4 Ever has been known just to talk just so he can hear himself talk. Don't take offense to his Bellville Sux remark, he's been saying it for years and doesn't mean anything by it. Me on the other hand- just kidding. Bellville has proven to be a great competitor over the years. You can always count on the kids on both sides being up for this game. Hope it's a close game, but a Giddings win.

buff4ever
09-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Ole' Bull, Buff 4 Ever has been known just to talk just so he can hear himself talk. Don't take offense to his Bellville Sux remark, he's been saying it for years and doesn't mean anything by it. Me on the other hand- just kidding. Bellville has proven to be a great competitor over the years. You can always count on the kids on both sides being up for this game. Hope it's a close game, but a Giddings win.

So am I typing right now or talking? I am confused, but I know bellville sux!:wave:

Buff42
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Two issues I remember from a coujple of years ago, Cuero kept changing the location of where we could set up our helmet, and at Royal, the disco smoke lingered on the field during the 3rd quarter limiting visibility. I think with the rain and slight breeze expected on Friday, the disco smoke is supposed to hang in front of tht visitor's side for most of the 1st and 3rd quarter.

That is funny stuff right there. The only things the Royal halftime show missed was a shiny brass pole and a handful of "stripper singles". I was always worried the guy with all the Christmas lights on his suit was going to get electrocuted if it rained.

1st and goal
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
The board has become quite boring.

Buffs by 10, in a lightning delayed rainy game.

Are the Bull's on any local radio station?

1st and goal
09-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Can't hardly wait until Friday. Any good places to eat in Bellville? Driving down from College Station (thru Hempstead preferably) unless y'all recommend eating in Brenham. Anything good to eat at the game? Fresh Bull Burgers?

Sportshack
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM

I don't know how the game will go, but I think the power of the Pasture of Pain will kick in and give therboost the Brahmas need and help them rebound from the less than stellar effort at Kinkaid last week. Last year, we were able to hold Joe to 50 yards on 19 rush atttempts, yall had to go the air, and you picked up apart a confused secondary. I don't think that will happen this year, our rush defense isn't quite as stout and our secondary is better...........that is of course all those dings repair from last Friday. On the offensive side of the ball, I think you will find a more explosive Bellville team, with a bigger, stronger, more athletic line. Our strong side goes 6'-3/270, 6'-2"/320, and 6'-3"/240. If we can keep pressure off of our QB, you will see a much improved passing game, and if the speed backs are back healthy, yall might get kind of winded. If it doesn't work out for us this week, maybe we will need to have some guys both ways, something we have avoided so far.

I am looking forward to it, I think it will be an intense game, and I hope the Liberty Hill and Wimberley fans can contain themselves and pay some attention to their own games this week!

I actually expect Bellville to win this one!! I am not sold on Wimberley, Giddings or Liberty Hill at this point but I have not been able to get out there to catch a game yet. Darn!!! Texans are down a bit talent wise so the loss to Giddings due to giving up explosive plays and a pick 6 was not shocking. I think I have a handle on the Texans so not sure about Giddings or LH. Now mind you...the Texans are no push over but no powerhouse either. I am feeling the Brahmas at home.

ogg
09-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Giddings has the speed to cruise to a win in this one.

zebrablue2
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I actually expect Bellville to win this one!! I am not sold on Wimberley, Giddings or Liberty Hill at this point but I have not been able to get out there to catch a game yet. Darn!!! Texans are down a bit talent wise so the loss to Giddings due to giving up explosive plays and a pick 6 was not shocking. I think I have a handle on the Texans so not sure about Giddings or LH. Now mind you...the Texans are no push over but no powerhouse either. I am feeling the Brahmas at home.

:iagree: Will see how the kids and coaching staff respond to last weeks loss. Big week for the bulls!!!

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 11:12 PM
That is funny stuff right there. The only things the Royal halftime show missed was a shiny brass pole and a handful of "stripper singles". I was always worried the guy with all the Christmas lights on his suit was going to get electrocuted if it rained.

The Royal drum major sex machine gyration dance capped off with a dramatic crotch grab in front of the Bellville home crowd last year was the major topic of conversation at little old lady dominoe games around Austin County for months. I hear that copies of a cell phone video of the "dance" fetched a high dollar.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Can't hardly wait until Friday. Any good places to eat in Bellville? Driving down from College Station (thru Hempstead preferably) unless y'all recommend eating in Brenham. Anything good to eat at the game? Fresh Bull Burgers?

If you are near University Drive, it is actually quicker to drive west, cut down through Independance to Brenham, and take 36 South to Bellville.
The Country Inn in Brenham has a good chicken fried steak, the Dairy Bar in Brenham has good burgers, and in Bellville most people like to eat at Galileo's for Mexican food. Unfortunately, Brahma cattle usually are dark cutters and the meat is kind of tough, so you probably won't like the taste. Buffalo meat is real sweet and tasty. The sausage wraps at the concession stand are usually pretty good.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
The board has become quite boring.

Buffs by 10, in a lightning delayed rainy game.

Are the Bull's on any local radio station?

I'm not sure where to find the game on the radio dial, but it is broadcast.
I think the web broadcast is Bellvilleweb.net or something similar.
You can probably get it from Google, I just can't right now from my phone.

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Giddings has the speed to cruise to a win in this one.

I doubt if they have more speed than Bellville, unless a few kids are held out because of injury.

I think the big question mark is our defense, we'll see.

buff4ever
09-13-2012, 07:36 AM
I doubt if they have more speed than Bellville, unless a few kids are held out because of injury.

I think the big question mark is our defense, we'll see.

Without seeing you guys play yet, I would guess bellville usually has a couple of speedsters that can speed with anyone, but I wouldn't think that you have speed in the numbers that the buffs do this year.

duckhunter
09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
buffs win by 10+.....count on it. bellville is good this year, but buffs r better.....bellville and giddings both sux

Ville-D
09-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Funny... from Dave Campbell's TF ‏(@dctf) Twitter account today:

From the archives of dangerous names: Bellville QB Kyle Fuchs. Pronounce with caution. It's like "books". Good player, by the way.

https://twitter.com/dctf/status/246273301725470720

1st and goal
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
buffs win by 10+.....count on it. bellville is good this year, but buffs r better.....bellville and giddings both sux

you mean Buffs suck less than Bellville?

Manso/V8
09-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Funny... from Dave Campbell's TF ‏(@dctf) Twitter account today:

https://twitter.com/dctf/status/246273301725470720

The Caldwell announcer thought it was like "ducks."

buff4ever
09-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I would have guessed or pronounced it like pukes, if that makes since. Not trying to be ugly, just would have avoided the other just in case.

Bellville still sux.

Manso/V8
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I would have guessed or pronounced it like pukes, if that makes since. Not trying to be ugly, just would have avoided the other just in case.

Bellville still sux.

That's how most people say it, it is safer.

Giddings blows.

Manso/V8
09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Without seeing you guys play yet, I would guess bellville usually has a couple of speedsters that can speed with anyone, but I wouldn't think that you have speed in the numbers that the buffs do this year.

I have a cousin that played at Giddings and he said yall time the 40 using a sundail.

I count 5-7 kids who are sub 4.6 on the Bellville team (stopwatch).

You can tell you me you have 4.4 guys and I won't believe you.....besides those sundail times are hjard to comnpare.

1st and goal
09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a cousin that played at Giddings and he said yall time the 40 using a sundail.

I count 5-7 kids who are sub 4.6 on the Bellville team (stopwatch).

You can tell you me you have 4.4 guys and I won't believe you.....besides those sundail times are hjard to comnpare.

Since we only have sundials, we started timing the average number of defensive backs we pass on the way to a TD. So, I'd say we pass an average of about 4.4 to 4.6 of your guys on the way to the endzone. On average.

buff4ever
09-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Buff freshmen won 40 something to 20 I think, and buff jv was up 14 to nothing, I haven't heard a final. That takes the freshmen to 3-0 and could be 1st win for jv after 2 close losses.

gtownfan
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
If you are near University Drive, it is actually quicker to drive west, cut down through Independance to Brenham, and take 36 South to Bellville.
The Country Inn in Brenham has a good chicken fried steak, the Dairy Bar in Brenham has good burgers, and in Bellville most people like to eat at Galileo's for Mexican food. Unfortunately, Brahma cattle usually are dark cutters and the meat is kind of tough, so you probably won't like the taste. Buffalo meat is real sweet and tasty. The sausage wraps at the concession stand are usually pretty good.

Are sausage wraps about all the concession stand has to offer? Burgers?

Just trying to figure out whether to grab something on the way or eat there.

Football DAD
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Your right about that.

Football DAD
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Sorry to tell you Manso/V8 but we lost the strong side tackle and guard and the weak side tackle from last . The only returning linemen is the former center which is playing strong tackle and the guard on the weak side. So basically the line is revamped. So your basically working with a new line. Since a majority of the rushing yards came off the strong last. Take a look at the stats from last year.

Football DAD
09-13-2012, 09:00 PM
OK I will have to look at those sizes of those players.

Manso/V8
09-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Sorry to tell you Manso/V8 but we lost the strong side tackle and guard and the weak side tackle from last . The only returning linemen is the former center which is playing strong tackle and the guard on the weak side. So basically the line is revamped. So your basically working with a new line. Since a majority of the rushing yards came off the strong last. Take a look at the stats from last year.

You gotta be kidding. The center, now strong side guard, and the strong side TE, were both 1st team all district last year. Th e strong side tackle is the strongest kid on the team, bigger, and quicker than the starter last year, and is playing very well. The starting quick guard got the majority of varsity snaps last year......he wasn't technically the starter, but was effectively the starter. Check the film out from last week's game. The line was doing yeoman's work.

Manso/V8
09-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Since we only have sundials, we started timing the average number of defensive backs we pass on the way to a TD. So, I'd say we pass an average of about 4.4 to 4.6 of your guys on the way to the endzone. On average.

Weird, the average is more than the number of defensive backs. Does that mean one of the defensive backs passes your guy on his way to score and tries to come back at him for the tackle and misses?

Manso/V8
09-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Are sausage wraps about all the concession stand has to offer? Burgers?

Just trying to figure out whether to grab something on the way or eat there.

I have never had a good concession stand burger at any sporting event, and there really isn't enough there to make a meal. I would stop before hand.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 01:22 AM
I have never had a good concession stand burger at any sporting event, and there really isn't enough there to make a meal. I would stop before hand.

The wimberley burgers are very good, atleast I thought so.

Manso/V8
09-14-2012, 01:24 AM
The wimberley burgers are very good, atleast I thought so.

Maybe so.........I thought they were selling Buffalo burgers last week for $5?

Football DAD
09-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Manso/V8: The returning starters from last year are the center, weak side guard (who did play most of the season) and the TE, OK. If your going to tell me that the strong of the line is anything close to last year you have lost your mine. But we will just have to see.

You gotta be kidding. The center, now strong side guard, and the strong side TE, were both 1st team all district last year. Th e strong side tackle is the strongest kid on the team, bigger, and quicker than the starter last year, and is playing very well. The starting quick guard got the majority of varsity snaps last year......he wasn't technically the starter, but was effectively the starter. Check the film out from last week's game. The line was doing yeoman's work.

1st and goal
09-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Weird, the average is more than the number of defensive backs. Does that mean one of the defensive backs passes your guy on his way to score and tries to come back at him for the tackle and misses?

I don't count the other side of field coverage. :) Nor the one's bunched up in the box guarding the run.

zebrablue2
09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Game day! May both teams play injury free, and GO BULLS...

duckhunter
09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Maybe so.........I thought they were selling Buffalo burgers last week for $5?

baseball field in la grange makes a pretty good burger....

1st and goal
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Wimbo has the best burgers.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Have I said the buffs are going to win this game yet, well they will. :wave:

Manso/V8
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
We didn't get that much rain so far, probably less than an inch, but I drove by field this morning and for some reason someone left the irrigation system all night with a busted pipe,
The Pasture of Pain is now a mud bog.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 10:16 AM
We didn't get that much rain so far, probably less than an inch, but I drove by field this morning and for some reason someone left the irrigation system all night with a busted pipe,

:) Yep skeered, that's what I thought.

Buff42
09-14-2012, 10:28 AM

:fnypost:

Bull's-eye
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM

Why would we let that happen? We are primarily the running team! To slow down their passing attack, we need strong swirling wind.

Just drove by the stadium, noticed some big fans being installed on each side of the field. :D

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Why would we let that happen? We are primarily the running team! To slow down their passing attack, we need strong swirling wind.

Just drove by the stadium, noticed some big fans being installed on each side of the field. :D

Were the helmet guys already putting up the helmet too? Those guys crack me up. They better check with the superintendent, and make sure they are in right spot.

duckhunter
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Were the helmet guys already putting up the helmet too? Those guys crack me up. They better check with the superintendent, and make sure they are in right spot.

:iagree::iagree:

Bull's-eye
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM

I believe they have loaded up on the smoke & we won't be able to see the field during the first & third quarters. BTW, they were setting up early this morning. :clap:

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
gallelleos (sp????) margaritas, here I come.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
gallelleos (sp????) margaritas, here I come.

There are some good things about Bellville,......just kidding guys, there are a lot of good things about bellville, I admit it.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Buffs win 21 - 14 in a wet messy game. Offense was slow do get going tonight in the wet, it must have rained over an inch the couple hours before the game. Second half, we came out 7 down and decided we would play smash mouth a little since we weren't getting our other stuff to work. Defense played pretty well all night. Bellville didn't disappoint with their intensity and ability. If we meet again in normal conditions, I would say both teams may not recognize each other.

Good game brahmas and way to go buffs.

Manso/V8
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
The muddy conditions kind of took some of the fun out of it, but that's football on grass. Giddings has some good strong players. I felt pretty good about the Brahma effort in the first half. The Buffs came out strong in the second half. Bellville gave up a couple of big plays, a long punt return to about the 13, and a 76 yd or so TD run by Glenn. We were plagued by the same thing last week. Bellville has work to do and seems to lack spark I hope we can get it together before district. Congrats to the Buffs for earning the win.

zebrablue2
09-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Congrats Buffs!!!

Bull's-eye
09-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Great game between 2 good teams! I thought there would be more turnovers, especially fumbles. Giddings had multiple bad snaps, but always seem to keep possession. Their QB did a Houdini act several times, he even managed to fumble the ball back to a trailing running back. Both teams had trouble throwing the ball, good call by the Giddings coaches to go more with their power running game. Bellville's defense played much better than last week's fiasco, but failed to wrap up on several key plays. Bellville actually had Glenn hit in the backfield before he got loose on his game winning 66 yard TD run. Bellville continued to struggle on offense, having a difficult time getting to the outside. Definitely looks like #7 is not a 100%, he just doesn't have that burst of speed that we saw last season. Offense looks confused at times & really did a terrible job of managing the clock in the closing 4 minutes of the game. I know Bellville is primary a running team, but they will need a much improved passing game if they want to be an elite team. Poor job of managing time outs contributed to this loss. I thought they should of stopped the clock late in the first half to force Giddings to punt from deep inside their own territory. Giddings was having their woes snapping the ball & their punter had previously shanked a punt. In the 3rd quarter, Bellville burned a TO immediately following a TO by Giddings. The Buffs had first & goal at the 2 when they stopped the clock. Bellville was slow to set their defense and decided they needed more time. You got to treasure those time outs, especially in the 2nd half. Having that extra TO could of saved valuable time on their closing drive.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats Giddings. Both teams will be a deep run playoff team in the end IMO.

hookandladder
09-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Congrats Giddings. Both teams will be a deep run playoff team in the end IMO.

They could possibly meet in the first round, so it could only be possible run for one team.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2012, 01:10 PM
To be honest, I didn't come away impressed with either team. I'm sure the weather & field conditions contributed to some of the poor play, or that after watching Kinkaid play last week, my bar has been set a little higher. Both teams really struggled throwing the ball & will need to improve in that area. Maybe it was 2 good teams cancelling each other out, I will have to see a few more games to get a better indication of where they both stand.

As a Bellville fan, we should feel much better than we did last week. Giddings has defeated 2 good teams & we played them down to the end. In the 2nd quarter, Bellville missed an opportunity to go up 14 points when their safety dropped an easy would be TD interception. BTW, where was the Bellville helmet??

Football DAD
09-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I agree with you Bull's eye. They both had to settle down and run the ball between the tackles. It seems that Bellville interior defense line didn't hold up. They have another tough game next week. Hopefully the Pasture of Pain will dry out.

To be honest, I didn't come away impressed with either team. I'm sure the weather & field conditions contributed to some of the poor play, or that after watching Kinkaid play last week, my bar has been set a little higher. Both teams really struggled throwing the ball & will need to improve in that area. Maybe it was 2 good teams cancelling each other out, I will have to see a few more games to get a better indication of where they both stand.

As a Bellville fan, we should feel much better than we did last week. Giddings has defeated 2 good teams & we played them down to the end. In the 2nd quarter, Bellville missed an opportunity to go up 14 points when their safety dropped an easy would be TD interception. BTW, where was the Bellville helmet??

1st and goal
09-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Ahh, the mudgame of 2012. On one play, I saw the BV runner do a perfect slip and slide "10". Perfect execution with streams of water spraying equally out both sides, and high too. I think I might have seen a catfish jump out of one of those mud holes. Mud, the great equalizer. It's hard not to compare your slot T execution to Liberty Hill's but I have to keep the mud in mind. It does change things. Like Buff4ever said, I don't think you'd recognize the Buffs playing on a dry surface. Seeing them bring out the ground pounding running game in the 2nd half coming from behind, I gotta say I'm proud of the team and the coaches. Being able to adapt and win is what makes a team "salty" (seems to be the word nowadays). No doubt, our defense kept us in the game, having to be on the field quite a bit more than the O. But the O made the difference when it counted.

Bull's Eye, we might just see you guys in the playoffs again, hopefully on a dry surface.;) Good luck to you guys, I'm sure you'll make the playoffs if you can stay healthy.

Bull's-eye
09-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Bull's Eye, we might just see you guys in the playoffs again, hopefully on a dry surface.;) Good luck to you guys, I'm sure you'll make the playoffs if you can stay healthy.

Good luck to the Buffs! We really need to improve, but staying close to your team is a good indication that we can hang with the elite teams.

Manso/V8
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know if you could see it from visitor's side, but there was an area if standing water just outside the hash marks on the Bellville side. One of our players tackled a Giddings player and they landed right smack in the middle of that puddle. It sure made the tackle look a lot more impressive than it really was.....he jsut tackled him, but the splash made it look like a a body slam.

1st and goal
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't know if you could see it from visitor's side, but there was an area if standing water just outside the hash marks on the Bellville side. One of our players tackled a Giddings player and they landed right smack in the middle of that puddle. It sure made the tackle look a lot more impressive than it really was.....he jsut tackled him, but the splash made it look like a a body slam.

You would've thought the asst coach would have turned off the sprinklers once it started raining so much......;););):1popcorn:

I guess that's why he's the asst and not the head coach.

Manso/V8
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
You would've thought the asst coach would have turned off the sprinklers once it started raining so much......;););):1popcorn:

I guess that's why he's the asst and not the head coach.

NOT turning off the sprinklers before a Giddings game is one of the things you have to do to earn a HC spot.

Thinking back about the game, the coaches must have known it was gonna be a mudder and prepared for it.
I have to say, it was impressive the number of snap misfires that the Giddings backfield handled well.
The high off target snap that the QB deflected to the RB for a smooth exchange (and a decent gain from what I remember) was worthy of a highlight reel.
In the second half, there was a number of snaps that never made it off the ground and just skidded back to the QB, and he handled them well.
It almost seemed like the ground snap was being done intentionally.

It will be interesting to see the how the teams fare if we meet again in less than muddy conditions.