PDA

View Full Version : Smack talk beginning to heat up a little!

vet93
07-11-2003, 09:42 AM
You know that it is beginning to get close to the start of football season when the high school kids start getting on the board to let you know just how good that they are going to be this next year and how hard that they have been working towards their goals this summer (like other teams aren't working hard as well!!). Hopefully, everyone's season will be as promising as they are thinking that it it going to be. Good luck!

Ranger Mom
07-11-2003, 10:06 AM
I agree Vet. I guess it's all "part of the game", but I hate to hear it. Everytime I read a "smack post", especially one from a Greenwood kid, I cringe. Everyone is working for the same goal!

vet93
07-11-2003, 10:28 AM
I guess it it different strokes for different folks...I always wanted to keep quiet about my team so that I didn't provide any bulletin board material. I can't blame the Greenwood kids for having some excitment about the upcoming season. They have just cause to think that this season will be special. I know how you feel when its your own town's kids though. Last year some Ballinger kids got on the KTXS website in Abilene and basically made fools of themselves. I don't know if these kids played football or not. It still reflected badly on their community and gave opposing teams ample cause to want to beat the pants off of the Bearcats. I guess I am just too "old school" to understand smack talk :cool:

MonkeyJoe
07-11-2003, 07:52 PM
i dunno how it was last year on this site, but at texasprepxtra.com, the smack talkin between Gainesville and Celina was very intertaining...hopefully it will be the same this year!

CHS_CG
07-11-2003, 10:25 PM
I remember last season, I did so some smack talkin to "Hornet Pride" but I just cant take it when people don't know what they are talkin about and start talkin crap! Hopefully we will not have to put up with him this year! (and if you werent a member last season im sure you can ask any of us that WERE here last season!)

sinton66
07-11-2003, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about "Sybil" and his multiple personalities coming back on the 'low. Lot's of folks would be on the look out for that jerk. wink

exbccards76'smom
07-12-2003, 08:18 AM
good one, Sinton66!! Like I always say, don't sing it, just bring it!! wink

wildstangs
07-12-2003, 02:45 PM
I enjoy the smack talk. It makes it that much better when you get to serve up some crow at the end of the season.

vet93
07-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Wildstangs...its not the serving crow that I am worried about it is the eating crow when I insert foot into mouth that concerns me wink

audasmom7
07-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Hey I agree.. I have to watch out for my son also who can talk some big crap.. hmm I wonder where he gets that nasty little attitude from :D

Old Tiger
07-12-2003, 06:14 PM
It's good unless some of the coaches on the board are your coaches :p

Ranger Mom
07-12-2003, 08:23 PM
audasmom7:
Hey I agree.. I have to watch out for my son also who can talk some big crap.. hmm I wonder where he gets that nasty little attitude from :D I wonder!!! :p

mustang04
07-13-2003, 01:09 AM
i like talkin smack to my friends who are on other teams that we play against, but i dont mind smack before we play a team, cuz then when we beat them it was HEAVEN to rub it in their face, but i hate it whenu lose to a team, and they just talk ALL the smack in the world, and u have to wait another year to be able to do something about it :p

the tigers are back
07-13-2003, 07:52 AM
That's what it's all about... heating up the kitchen! We know that some teams not gonna fulfill their dream, but it's all opinons.. and not facts. Only facts when the games are over: let's play some football...and may the best team win. frown

sinton66
07-13-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm sure your coaches have given you the very best advice on smack talking. Save it for the field of play and show it in your actions. You don't win championships with your mouth, you do that by putting your back into it. A little noise talking is acceptable, and even expected. Problem is a lot of people get too carried away with it, and if you do that on this board, you will find most of us prefer intelligent contribution and a sense of humor. And, if it turns vulgar, you will visit ROMland.
wink

<small>[ July 13, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>