PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Seals-Jones gets good news after Thursday’s knee injury

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM
http://blog.chron.com/prepsports/2012/09/ricky-seals-jones-gets-good-news-after-thursdays-knee-injury/

A few days after the nationwide audience watched Sealy’s do-it-all standout Ricky Seals-Jones get carted off Parsley Field, the top recruit received good news as an MRI on Monday revealed no major damage and the injury won’t require surgery.

Seals-Jones dislocated his left kneecap while making a tackle late in the third quarter against St. Pius. Some reports said the 6-5, 200 athlete could miss up to eight weeks before getting back on the field, but Seals-Jones’ father said the timetable could be shorter.

“He’s going to be fine. He’s going to probably miss 3-4 weeks, but he’ll be fine,” Chester Jones said. “He could come back quicker but we want him to take his time. Everybody knows what he can do – everybody in the country knows what kind of ballplayer he is.”

The game featured Seals-Jones, the nation’s top-ranked athlete, and St. Pius quarterback Kohl Stewart, the 13th-ranked pro-style quarterback in the country. Seals-Jones, who lined up at quarterback, wide receiver, safety and punt returner for the Tigers, scored two touchdowns in the third quarter that tied the game.

After Seals-Jones left, Stewart led St. Pius to 24 unanswered points to win the game 45-21. Before he was injured, Seals-Jones scored a pair of long touchdowns runs (71 and 61 yards), showcasing speed that has numerous schools vying to land the recruit. He originally committed to Texas before decommitting in June.

In the final minutes of the third quarter, Seals-Jones tackled St. Pius running back Micah Massey at the end of a 31-yard gain. Seals-Jones needed help getting off the field before a stretcher came out and Seals-Jones’ left leg was put in an air cast.

“I knew he was hurt when he came down,” Jones said. “Then I just shook my head and said, ‘Man, his knee – something is wrong now.’ The kneecap was to the side. It was scary at first.”

wimbo_pro
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Great news.

zebrablue2
09-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Great news!!! Keep the kid off the field on defense, let him run and catch the rock... And if he does play on defense, tell him this is not a rodeo, just tackle or push the guy O of B...

Lion70
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Did he ever re commit or is his status up in the air.

Pudlugger
09-11-2012, 07:16 AM
This is good news . He should be back on the field by the time Sealy plays Columbus. The Tiger 's district schedule gets tough the last three games with Columbus, El Campo then Bellville. If the Tigers can come together and put some wins up without their premier player they will make the playoffs and should do well.

Slick50
09-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Awesome news, great player

Phil C
09-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Great news. He ought to consider committing before he gets back on the field to someone that will honor his scholarship if he gets hurt like Coach Brown. This type of risk is one reason why players should make early decisive decisions on recruiting decisions. They should consider does the school honor the scholarships and if injured medical scholarships. Does it have a reputation of sometimes not honoring scholarships at the last minute when a top recruit takes his place. Saban anyone? Has it been known to lie to recruits. Les? :)

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Great news for RSJ! Hopefully he doesnt rush back, he doesnt need to. If I was Jimmy he would not play until the playoffs, unless he is needed vs. El Campo, Columbus, or Bellville (which he probably will be). He does need to go ahead and commit to someone as an insurance policy. Hopefully he is getting the rehab needed to strengthen that knee and trust it again.

Grahamerica
09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Great news, no he needs to stay healthy.

Roughneck93
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
:2thumbsup

Ville-D
09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Great news!!! Keep the kid off the field on defense, let him run and catch the rock... And if he does play on defense, tell him this is not a rodeo, just tackle or push the guy O of B...

+++1

Old Green
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Great news to hear.

hookandladder
09-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I have also heard their other back (Jowan Davis ) has an angle injury that may require him to start wearing a boot cast, you could tell in the St. Pius game he was not healthy. Looks like Sealy will have another stud RB for the next couple years, did anyone else notice #22 just a freshman and the kid looked good.

OLE'BULL
09-11-2012, 11:24 AM
I didnt realize he was only a freshman!?!?! Sealy, year in and year out, always finds one or two stud RB's that are contributors for 2-3 years on the varsity. He will be a good one to watch...

hookandladder
09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I didnt realize he was only a freshman!?!?! Sealy, year in and year out, always finds one or two stud RB's that are contributors for 2-3 years on the varsity. He will be a good one to watch...

Maybe a Sealy poster can confirm that he is a freshman, the annoucers on TV were saying he was a freshman. Just what I heard, if so he looks good.

garciap77
09-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Great news!:clap:

pirate4state
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Good news.

SHSBulldog00
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
My oldest nephew had the same injury as RSJ a few years ago and after rehab he returned 4 weeks after the injury. I am sure RSJ will do the same. Great news!!!

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Very good news that the injury wasn't all that serious. Froim what I have read, it can a very painful injury, but can heal just fine.
I hope the rest of the injured Sealy players heal up quick and are ready to go for district.
I saw that the other QB, Viertel(?) had a cast on his hand during the St. Pius game.
Once he is back in the lineup, maybe we will see RSJ at wide receiver more often.

TigerForever
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe a Sealy poster can confirm that he is a freshman, the annoucers on TV were saying he was a freshman. Just what I heard, if so he looks good.

Number Player name Height Weight Year Position
22 Christian Wallace 6’ 3” 200 Freshman RB, DB

defense51
09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
That's good news, I hate to see an outstanding player hurt especially his senior year.

Rattler
09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
:clap:

defense51
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Number Player name Height Weight Year Position
22 Christian Wallace 6’ 3” 200 Freshman RB, DB
That's a big 14-15 year old!

Z-RO
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
The word is Texas is no longer recruiting him, makes you wonder what is REALLY going on in this kids recruitment!

Manso/V8
09-12-2012, 11:54 PM
The word is Texas is no longer recruiting him, makes you wonder what is REALLY going on in this kids recruitment!

If a player doesn't commit, then the school has to move on and offer the next player on their list before that kid gets snatched up.

My guess is that if RSJ told Texas he had made his mind up and wanted to play there, they would do their best to find him a scholarship.

OLE'BULL
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
If a player doesn't commit, then the school has to move on and offer the next player on their list before that kid gets snatched up.

My guess is that if RSJ told Texas he had made his mind up and wanted to play there, they would do their best to find him a scholarship.

+1. The recruiting of RSJ should not change because he is out some of the season. While Texas may be exploring other options, RSJ is probably still at the top of their list. If he is as good as all the recruiting gurus say he is, which I think he is, he should have the pick of the litter when it comes to colleges...

OLE'BULL
09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
And I stand corrected. Seems that Texas is moving on. There are articles all over the web saying they are no longer recruiting him....

Red Bull
09-13-2012, 10:00 AM
And I stand corrected. Seems that Texas is moving on. There are articles all over the web saying they are no longer recruiting him....

I just read this as well that he is "no longer approved for an offer". I heard that it has nothing to do with the injury, but other issues.

957tiger
09-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Part of the decision drama is that RS-J is a good basketball player as well. He was holding out the hope of playing both sports. My understanding is that Texas is reluctant to agree to a two-sport athlete. With the overlap of those two seasons a major college most likely will hold off on an offer. With that being said several other Texas schools have reportedly agree to him participating in both sports. As for his injury, saw him on Monday and the word is 3-4 weeks before he can begin working out. He is getting around pretty good right now. With a athlete who is on the field as much as he is the time off should keep his body fresh. In just two games he had a neon target on his back and was getting hit even when he didn't have the ball...when they could catch him that is.

Z-RO
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Part of the decision drama is that RS-J is a good basketball player as well. He was holding out the hope of playing both sports. My understanding is that Texas is reluctant to agree to a two-sport athlete. With the overlap of those two seasons a major college most likely will hold off on an offer. With that being said several other Texas schools have reportedly agree to him participating in both sports. As for his injury, saw him on Monday and the word is 3-4 weeks before he can begin working out. He is getting around pretty good right now. With a athlete who is on the field as much as he is the time off should keep his body fresh. In just two games he had a neon target on his back and was getting hit even when he didn't have the ball...when they could catch him that is.

I have heard that Texas is HIS favorite, and I believe the reason Texas pulled out is because of some of the people around him. RSJ continued to list Texas as his #1 so why would Texas pull out if the #1 player in Texas had them at the top? I'm sorry but something doesn't smell right and I think Texas got a whiff and decided to pull out and offer someone else who didn't want "something else".

hookandladder
09-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I have heard that Texas is HIS favorite, and I believe the reason Texas pulled out is because of some of the people around him. RSJ continued to list Texas as his #1 so why would Texas pull out if the #1 player in Texas had them at the top? I'm sorry but something doesn't smell right and I think Texas got a whiff and decided to pull out and offer someone else who didn't want "something else".

This is getting more and more interesting , also the Swoopes kid is now listed as an Athlete not a QB.

navscanmaster
09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
That is complete and total BS, and you should all rethink spreading that orange bloods and inside Texas crap. Every time in the last few years when a big recruit doesn't jump all over Texas' offer, this same tired old line comes up. Don't throw a kid under the bus all over the Internet to save face for your college football program. Nobody here or the bloggers that start this crap has a shred of anything other than hope that some shady force is keeping a kid from committing to a team that is sub-.500 in conference play this decade. Yeah, it is coming from an Aggie fan, but this website is not Texags or Shaggybevo either. It is a 3a football centric forum that is read by coaches and players, as well as their peers at these schools. It is not behind any pay wall either. Please don't drag this street agent crap onto the downlow.

Z-RO
09-13-2012, 10:43 PM
That is complete and total BS, and you should all rethink spreading that orange bloods and inside Texas crap. Every time in the last few years when a big recruit doesn't jump all over Texas' offer, this same tired old line comes up. Don't throw a kid under the bus all over the Internet to save face for your college football program. Nobody here or the bloggers that start this crap has a shred of anything other than hope that some shady force is keeping a kid from committing to a team that is sub-.500 in conference play this decade. Yeah, it is coming from an Aggie fan, but this website is not Texags or Shaggybevo either. It is a 3a football centric forum that is read by coaches and players, as well as their peers at these schools. It is not behind any pay wall either. Please don't drag this street agent crap onto the downlow.

How do you know that it is bs? You say Texas always says this blah blah blah, but if you look at the past they have been right more times than not. Remember Seastrunk and Oregon? Besides nobody said anything about a street agent...well you did. Who cares about it being behind a pay wall, the information is out outside of pay sites so why not talk about it? Do you not think that it is funny that the kid named Texas to still be his #1 and THEY decided to pull their horse out of the race?

navscanmaster
09-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Seastrunk was nails, but Texas and others were in his recruitment until signing day. It didn't become an issue until Texas lost a recruit. Off the top of my head, I can name Matt Davis, Bralon Addison, Trey Williams, RSJ, Christian Westermann, Thomas Johnson, Peter Jinkens (pre-UT committment)....all guys that had their names drug through the Internet mud when it became clear they had or would spurn a UT offer. You guys would do yourselves and your fanbase a big favor by refraining from doing this to 16-17 year olds. It makes the actions of a group of Internet bloggers and posters reflect poorly on entire fanbase. If it is important enough to slander a minor, then it is important enough for the university to take legal action against on their own.

gatordaze
09-14-2012, 06:15 AM

Nav stick to 3A football. You don't know any of the people involved in this drama and are just spewing your hate for UT or tu as you people call them. If you knew Mack, you would know what he stands for and you are so far off base it ridiculous. Have your team finish a game before you criticize anothers season. Maybe I can get you tickets to a bowl game to make your December less boring.

Phil C
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Nav stick to 3A football. You don't know any of the people involved in this drama and are just spewing your hate for UT or tu as you people call them. If you knew Mack, you would know what he stands for and you are so far off base it ridiculous. Have your team finish a game before you criticize anothers season. Maybe I can get you tickets to a bowl game to make your December less boring.

Here here! 3A Ssports! Be more civil nav like Saggy Aggie and former poster Aggie John.

gatordaze
09-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Here here! 3A Ssports! Be more civil nav like Saggy Aggie and former poster Aggie John.

Sorry nav, just practicing for next season when I can officially change my shade of orange. This is 100% about Mack sending a message to more than just RSJ's entourage and nothing to do with quitting before you can get fired. Ricky still has an offer its just that those around him do not.

navscanmaster
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
I am sticking to 3a football, and that is the point of my post toward the rumor mongering done on recruiting sites and twitters, and spread over here. I am sure the Sealy people really appreciate one of their kids being accused of being a part of dirty recruiting, on this forum that they are a big part of. Besides, I am not the first, second, or even third person on this thread alone to bring up his recruitment. Kind of a pot meet kettle accusation to tell me to stick to 3a sports.

gatordaze
09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I am sticking to 3a football, and that is the point of my post toward the rumor mongering done on recruiting sites and twitters, and spread over here. I am sure the Sealy people really appreciate one of their kids being accused of being a part of dirty recruiting, on this forum that they are a big part of. Besides, I am not the first, second, or even third person on this thread alone to bring up his recruitment. Kind of a pot meet kettle accusation to tell me to stick to 3a sports.

Would you have even commented if it was about RSJ and Arkansas? I doubt it. ATM's hate for Texas is the real issue.

navscanmaster
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Would you have even commented if it was about RSJ and Arkansas? I doubt it. ATM's hate for Texas is the real issue.Yes. Don't spin the issue. I wouldn't care if it were SMU fans, it is wrong to drag kids names through the mud like that. Believe it or not, you open yourself and the operators of the forum up to litigation if the recruit or
his family can prove damage. By the way, look around you. The hate is pretty strong from UT towards A&M these days. Worse than ever. You can't read any article anywhere in the web that mentions A&M without somebody with horn in their username bad mouthing the Ags. It isn't a one way street, and never has been.

Phil C
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
nav I admire the power of the press in that it is always complete, fair, impartial, objective and above all honest .

Z-RO
09-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Here is my last comment on the thread: His AAU coach is the root of the problem. Mack doesn't like dealing with 3rd parties. The End.

Phil C
09-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Here is my last comment on the thread: His AAU coach is the root of the problem. Mack doesn't like dealing with 3rd parties. The End.

Z-RO Many years ago movies ended with The End posted and then fade out. Sometimes before it would fade out the cash of characters would be very briefly shown.

Emerson1
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Aggie John, I miss that guy.

navscanmaster
09-14-2012, 04:47 PM
nav I admire the power of the press in that it is always complete, fair, impartial, objective and above all honest .Vintage Phil

OLE'BULL
09-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Heard he has Oct. 26th penciled in as his return date. Great news for this great athlete, bad news for the Brahmas.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-27-2012, 11:21 PM
I heard hes already working out..

bigcat8
09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
good news for the tigers