PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside @ Odem

99IHSMustang
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
It has been a bit since Ingleside played odem. The last great game between these two teams was back in '95 when Odem and Ingleside had really good teams. I will take Ingleside by 16 points. Thoughts or predictions?

99IHSMustang
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Holy crap... Am I on the only Ingleside poster left... :wave:

I changed my prediction. Ingleside by 20.

MUSTANG69
09-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Holy crap... Am I on the only Ingleside poster left... :wave:

I changed my prediction. Ingleside by 20.

Ingleside +28

garciap77
09-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Ingleside +28

Where have they all gone!:eek:

99IHSMustang
09-13-2012, 08:14 PM

We are dwindling by the numbers Mustang69 :(

Phil C
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Inglesides win a well played game 21 to 14.

MustangFootball
09-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm still here 99!!! I'll take Ingleside by a bunch!!!! Ingleside will have to make a statement in this game to let everyone know we're just off to a slow start but we will be primed up and ready to roll once district play starts.

pancho villa
09-14-2012, 07:49 AM
all the Ingleside women posters are at the beer joint!!!!!

99IHSMustang
09-14-2012, 07:58 AM
all the Ingleside women posters are at the beer joint!!!!!

lol. I didn't think we had any women posters from Ingleside.

MUSTANG69
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
We are dwindling by the numbers Mustang69 :(

I know of one person who just signed up but he told me he hasn't posted anything yet. I'll let him know tonight that he needs to get with it. I'm sure he will read this today and maybe he will start posting.

99IHSMustang
09-14-2012, 10:23 PM
FINAL: Ingleside 34, Odem 14

FireGraig
09-14-2012, 10:46 PM
This concludes Inglesides 2A schedule. Beeville will be a challenge next week, just ask Cuero. The next three games may set the tone for the rest of the season.

99IHSMustang
09-14-2012, 10:48 PM
This concludes Inglesides 2A schedule. Beeville will be a challenge next week, just ask Cuero. The next three games may set the tone for the rest of the season.

I am looking forward to seeing how they do against Beeville. The defense looks better than last year, but the Offense doesn't appear to be as high powered, but they do have the athletes.

FireGraig
09-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I am looking forward to seeing how they do against Beeville. The defense looks better than last year, but the Offense doesn't appear to be as high powered, but they do have the athletes.

62 points week one and they are better? The most points they have given up in the last 10 years. Lago Vista only gave up 28 up to Refugio.

Odem & George West aren't quite scoring machines. GW beat Bandera who hasn't won a game in the last year. Odem's win come against Taft (who lost to John Paul)!

Beeville will be a tougher game, but still not the quality of Sinton, Rockport, or Orange Grove. Beeville won't even sniff they playoffs in their district.

I don't get West Oso. How can you have a kid run for 200 yards every week and lose? They might be dangerous on the right night.

garciap77
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
FINAL: Ingleside 34, Odem 14

:clap::clap::clap:

99IHSMustang
09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
62 points week one and they are better? The most points they have given up in the last 10 years. Lago Vista only gave up 28 up to Refugio.

Odem & George West aren't quite scoring machines. GW beat Bandera who hasn't won a game in the last year. Odem's win come against Taft (who lost to John Paul)!

Beeville will be a tougher game, but still not the quality of Sinton, Rockport, or Orange Grove. Beeville won't even sniff they playoffs in their district.

I don't get West Oso. How can you have a kid run for 200 yards every week and lose? They might be dangerous on the right night.

That is what I see this early in the seson. Lago Vista is obviously much better than Ingleside. So I take it you have seen Sinton, Rockport, and Orange grove to say that Beeville is not as good as them? Ingleside looks to be improving week to week and they are heading in the right direction. I guess not averaging 50+ points a game on offense makes Ingleside look less than stellar.

FireGraig
09-15-2012, 12:15 AM
I have seen them all and they arent bad. Sinton could be VERY good if they improve defensively & stay healthy. OG is the best coached in the district, but not the most athletic and recent injuries made tonight's game closer than it should have been. Rockport SHOULD be a playoff team, but injuries may be their issue this season. Didn't see them tonight, but they dominated Moody. (not a huge accolade, but better than a game against Odem).

I saw Beeville v. Ray last week. If it weren't for fumbles, Beeville would have won. They are huge. One of their Tackles went down with a knee. Don't know if he is back. They can run the ball pretty effectively. Not 60 yard runs, but a lot of 6-8 yard poundings.

I'm not completely down on Ingleside, they've got talent. Without the McHugh's Barajas has been brought back down to just a good QB. Britt can be quite impressive on D, and Barrolle is fun to watch. I'd put him as tied for the #2 back in the district. Perez is #1.

I think Oso will play spoiler in the district this year. (They have they athletes to win it, but they are still W. Oso.).

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2012, 02:17 AM
This concludes Inglesides 2A schedule. Beeville will be a challenge next week, just ask Cuero. The next three games may set the tone for the rest of the season.Beeville secondary is weak, got torched by Sinton in the scrimmage with them for 3 quick scores but their run defense is pretty good and they drove it down the field on us with that power running game. They'll pass a few times but mostly all running plays.

Ingleside matches up well for this game. Ingleside hits them with deep routes and keep playing good run defense should be a good win for Ingleside next week.

Old Green
09-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Beeville secondary is weak, got torched by Sinton in the scrimmage with them for 3 quick scores but their run defense is pretty good and they drove it down the field on us with that power running game. They'll pass a few times but mostly all running plays.

Ingleside matches up well for this game. Ingleside hits them with deep routes and keep playing good run defense should be a good win for Ingleside next week.:iagree: The Beeville secondary is weak, but their run defense is good. Cuero had 2 tds. passing and would have had 2 more if not for dropped passes by wide open recievers. their run game out of the slot-t is very effective. The 3 Rb's are small, but quick, good for 6 - 8 a pop. Their best play is the inside trap. When they go with the trap, it is like their passing game. They'll get large yardage or take it to the house for a td. The 6'6" Qb is very good. He doesn't run much, but handles the ball well to his Rb's. He's very effective passing only threw the ball about 7 times, but two of his passes were for tds. They only passed on 3rd or 4th down. Between the pass and the inside trap play Cuero couldn't figure out what they were going to do. Their O-line was huge. If ingleside Wr's catch the ball when open they should win. When I say wide open I mean no defenders within 10 yards of them

cboycansurvive
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I agee completely. Ingleside is much improved defensively. Refugio just big played us with great athletes. We held them to 55 yds rushing. Picked on our young secondary.

cboycansurvive
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM

I think they were all fired and now disgruntled.

cboycansurvive
09-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Your argument makes no sense. West Oso was th perfect point. Match ups determine games. A's don't matter. Sinton beat Yoakum who turned around and lost to class 2A Halletsville. The team Ingleside lost to in the playoffs- Wharton just knocked off one of the region favorites West Columbia. Beeville almost beats Ray who barely loses to King. Kingsville takes Beeville to OT and Ingleside dominated Kingsville in scrimmage. Their qb Houston was completely shut down- no one else has shut him down. And all of this means nothing whoever plays best Friday night will win. Ingleside did lose two key players to injury.

cboycansurvive
09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
I have seen them all and they arent bad. Sinton could be VERY good if they improve defensively & stay healthy. OG is the best coached in the district, but not the most athletic and recent injuries made tonight's game closer than it should have been. Rockport SHOULD be a playoff team, but injuries may be their issue this season. Didn't see them tonight, but they dominated Moody. (not a huge accolade, but better than a game against Odem).

I saw Beeville v. Ray last week. If it weren't for fumbles, Beeville would have won. They are huge. One of their Tackles went down with a knee. Don't know if he is back. They can run the ball pretty effectively. Not 60 yard runs, but a lot of 6-8 yard poundings.

I'm not completely down on Ingleside, they've got talent. Without the McHugh's Barajas has been brought back down to just a good QB. Britt can be quite impressive on D, and Barrolle is fun to watch. I'd put him as tied for the #2 back in the district. Perez is #1.

I think Oso will play spoiler in the district this year. (They have they athletes to win it, but they are still W. Oso.).

Barajas was only 10-18 for 239 and 3 Tds vs Odem.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Barajas was only 10-18 for 239 and 3 Tds vs Odem.

Hey cboycansurvice, did you say that some players got injured in the Odem game?

cboycansurvive
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey cboycansurvice, did you say that some players got injured in the Odem game?

I heard Terrance fractured his wrist and the Snodgrass kid is questionable with shoulder injury.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I heard Terrance fractured his wrist and the Snodgrass kid is questionable with shoulder injury.

I hope they are not too severe and both make a full recovery. It sounds like many teams all over the state have been hit by the injury bug.

MustangFootball
09-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah Terrance is going to be out for a month atleast with a fractured wrist and the not sure about the Snodgrass kid, but we are gonna need all the help we can get if we wanna beat Beeville, both those kids played a tremendous roll on the team and will surely be missed.

FireGraig
09-16-2012, 11:05 PM
I think they were all fired and now disgruntled.
You can fire people off of the forum?

FireGraig
09-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I hope they are not too severe and both make a full recovery. It sounds like many teams all over the state have been hit by the injury bug.

I hope they recover quickly. Ingleside is a young team and depth can be at a premium. The next three weeks especially.

cboycansurvive
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
You can fire people off of the forum?

Meaning they were coaching in Ingleside and are no longer there. You are probably a case in point under a new name judging by your profile name.

MUSTANG69
09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Meaning they were coaching in Ingleside and are no longer there. You are probably a case in point under a new name judging by your profile name.:1popcorn:

FireGraig
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Meaning they were coaching in Ingleside and are no longer there. You are probably a case in point under a new name judging by your profile name.

Is that you Chester?

Last I heard no one was fired in I-side and the school board sided with the disgruntled coach vs the AD.

cboycansurvive
09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Call it what you want but they were "let go" in coaching terms, School Board only sided with timing of decision. Last I heard the AD still has a 3 year contract.

Is that you Chester?

Last I heard no one was fired in I-side and the school board sided with the disgruntled coach vs the AD.

MustangFootball
09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
There are a lot of opinions of coach Hesseltine, many people aren't very fond of his hard nose coaching style, he's really hard on his players and expect a lot from them. Some might question his play calling, a river boat gambler some might say!!!!high risk high reward.
Me I'm in no hurry to go back to a losing season....before Graig got there we had made the playoffs once in forty years....and now we are on pace for our 9th consecutive playoff season.

FireGraig
09-18-2012, 09:43 PM
There are a lot of opinions of coach Hesseltine, many people aren't very fond of his hard nose coaching style, he's really hard on his players and expect a lot from them. Some might question his play calling, a river boat gambler some might say!!!!high risk high reward.
Me I'm in no hurry to go back to a losing season....before Graig got there we had made the playoffs once in forty years....and now we are on pace for our 9th consecutive playoff season.

Unless they are dropping to 2A, I wouldn't count the 2-1 record against 2A's as on track for the playoffs just yet. It is a shame y'all give so much credit to the coach and not his players. Ingleside still has a good bit of talent, not as much as years past. Let's see how things play out this year when he can't just throw up a prayer and have someone come down with it.

On a side note, I like how you changed to your other screen name to reinforce your point there Chester.

FireGraig
09-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Call it what you want but they were "let go" in coaching terms, School Board only sided with timing of decision. Last I heard the AD still has a 3 year contract.

All the coaches that left had contracts too, they just chose to leave. About 9-10 of them from a winning program. Strong leadership there. Must be the "hard-nosed" coaching style with a Sonic drink in one hand and the little league roster in the other, barely room to hold the cell phone. It was all learned during those sweat-filled days when he played football in Sinton.

Can a Sinton fan remind me what position he played?

I'll stop now. No one really cares to hear it. High school football should be about the character it builds in kids. Sadly, I am not showing enough of it myself.

I still take Beeville this week, Cuero the next, and Sinton the first district game.

99IHSMustang
09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Unless they are dropping to 2A, I wouldn't count the 2-1 record against 2A's as on track for the playoffs just yet. It is a shame y'all give so much credit to the coach and not his players. Ingleside still has a good bit of talent, not as much as years past. Let's see how things play out this year when he can't just throw up a prayer and have someone come down with it.

On a side note, I like how you changed to your other screen name to reinforce your point there Chester.

I will agree that Ingleside has had some talent, but prior to Coach Heseltine Ingleside was barely competitive. You can say what you want, but any Director, Manager, VP... etc surrounds himself with smart individuals. Regardless if you think he has done a good job, he has put in a system that has got the Ingleside Football program winning.

FireGraig
09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
You also have to take into account the fact that 3A football started taking 3 teams to the playoffs about the same time. Ingleside had some teams with good records miss the playoffs because they finished 3rd in and eight team disrict previously. All that a team has to do now is finish in the top half of a 6 team district. The last two years that included the powerhouses of AP and Goliad. Before that AP and Robstown.

I thought Oso had a chance to be something in the district until last weeks debacle. Just by the fact that the other teams stink Ingleside will automatically be fighting for 3rd in the district. Get past a team (other than a valley school) in the playoffs and I'll give some credit to coaching.

Losing to a 4-6 Wharton in the first round last year doesn't bolster your claim to fine coaching. Scheduling TM, Miller, Robstown, and other powerhouses does show some sense if you want to score 50+ a game. This years schedule (excluding Odem and GW) will give us an idea of how that system works. You can't help the district your in, but you can schedule more competitive teams preseason. Ask Refugio (just not about their first game this year.) :stirpot:

99IHSMustang
09-19-2012, 08:16 AM
You also have to take into account the fact that 3A football started taking 3 teams to the playoffs about the same time. Ingleside had some teams with good records miss the playoffs because they finished 3rd in and eight team disrict previously. All that a team has to do now is finish in the top half of a 6 team district. The last two years that included the powerhouses of AP and Goliad. Before that AP and Robstown.

Funny that you would mention that because Ingleside hasn’t finished any worse than 2nd in that time span since 3 teams have been allowed into the playoffs. AP had a semi-final appearance several years before the current staff and yes they were very good, but just like many other teams in the coastal bend were handed a convincing loss by Netwon.

Get past a team (other than a valley school) in the playoffs and I'll give some credit to coaching.

That goes for almost 90% of the teams down in the Coastal Bend excluding Refugio, Calallen, and even Sinton recently. So you must not give credit to any coaches in the Coastal Bend besides Danaher and Herring.

Losing to a 4-6 Wharton in the first round last year doesn't bolster your claim to fine coaching. Scheduling TM, Miller, Robstown, and other powerhouses does show some sense if you want to score 50+ a game.
That is true, but going to the Playoffs 8 consecutive years when Ingleside had only 1 in 30 years prior does bolster recognition, if at the very least in the Coastal Bend area. Teams up North have always had the athletes and that will never change so it will be tough for teams in the South.

This years schedule (excluding Odem and GW) will give us an idea of how that system works. You can't help the district your in, but you can schedule more competitive teams preseason. Ask Refugio (just not about their first game this year.) :stirpot:
And if Ingleside wins or loses some of their tougher games, I am sure you will be on here to remind us how poor the coaching is. The relatively small time frame of success compared to other teams such as Sinton, Calallen, and Refugio (I am sure you can name more) has already given me an idea of how that system has worked so far. :tisk:

cboycansurvive
09-19-2012, 09:27 AM
All the coaches that left had contracts but who wants to coach JH girls. Get what I mean. And by the way, at least he takes his time to work with our Little League program. Has anyone else ever done that when coaching in Ingleside and amazingly now we have started to win in Little League as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with coaching. Quit riding the success of his shirttail and get out and make a name for yourself!:)

All the coaches that left had contracts too, they just chose to leave. About 9-10 of them from a winning program. Strong leadership there. Must be the "hard-nosed" coaching style with a Sonic drink in one hand and the little league roster in the other, barely room to hold the cell phone. It was all learned during those sweat-filled days when he played football in Sinton.

Can a Sinton fan remind me what position he played?

I'll stop now. No one really cares to hear it. High school football should be about the character it builds in kids. Sadly, I am not showing enough of it myself.

I still take Beeville this week, Cuero the next, and Sinton the first district game.

MustangFootball
09-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Who the heck is Chester? Sorry feller but you have the wrong person here! I'm just here saying I'm in no hurry to go back to being a bottom of the bucket team. And before Graig came to town that's what we were, Graig has had us in the playoffs 8 consecutive seasons never finishing worse than 2nd in district. 3rd most consecutive playoff appearance streak in the coastal bend only behind Calallen and Refugio. In his tenure we have reach the quarter finals 3 times and the semi finals once. Ingleside has always had athletes, we just never had anyone to coach them up. I'll tell you what Ingleside is not, a running team. That's the problem coaches have had coming to Ingleside we are just not big enough up front. In Graig's offense we are more balanced throw the ball and that opens up the run. he believes in getting the ball in the play makers hands in open space, and for the most part it pays off. I don't agree with all his calls out there, I believe he take a lot of unnecessary risk that puts our boys in a tough position. But I wouldn't trade that for a losing season.
On the Wharton game, Ingleside lost to a very good team who finished 2nd in their very tough district dispite their record. Wharton trail Ingleside the whole night until under 2 minutes left in the game when they went up by a point after converting a 2 point conversion to seal their win. The next week they dominated a weak and over hyped Orange Grove team who happend to win their district. In the third round they gave Devine all they could handle until Devine finally took control late. On another note the 3rd place team in that tough district Sweeny just dominated Sinton our district champs, so to say Ingleside lost to a 4-6 team in Wharton, I'll say we lost to a very good team. And by getting rid of Graig that just puts us back to being every teams homecoming game.

T-Time
09-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Look over the years how MANY coaches have left Ingleside even with their success. There must be something that is unsetteling over there.

99IHSMustang
09-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Look over the years how MANY coaches have left Ingleside even with their success. There must be something that is unsetteling over there.

I can't begin to speculate or assume that there is something "unsettling" like you have, but as others have pointed out, the HC came in and turned the program around. I have left jobs that I didn't agree with the way things were handled and I am not saying that is the case here because I don't have the facts, but thats life bud. Some people are not into making friends, they are there to do a job and I respect that. Just making an outside observation and opinion.

T-Time
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
It appears that some do beleive "win what ever the cost" just win.

99IHSMustang
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
It appears that some do beleive "win what ever the cost" just win.

You may know more about the situation than some. I don't live there and I stay far removed from the rumor mill. I am making observing from an outside perspective that has no personal interest in the matter. You may not be referring to me, but I don't personally believe in "win what ever the cost".

MUSTANG69
09-20-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm not sure Ingleside has more internal problems than most schools. Yes, Hesseltine probably is very hard to work for. You still have to look at his success. He is doing something right to take a piece of sh_t program and turn it around overnight. Eight straight playoff appearances says something.

FireGraig, I am not giving all the credit to Coach Hessseltine here. He has had some really talented players to work with and some really good assistant coaches.

MustangFootball
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
All I'm saying is Ingleside is a team that other teams in the district circle on their schedule as a must win and really prepare for. Before Ingleside was just a easy win and everyone's homecoming game. at the end of the day I'm an Ingleside Mustang fan despite who the coach is.

FireGraig
09-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Who the heck is Chester?

Chester is a nickname given to a coach by the JH kids in Taft. He left and went to Skidmore I believe, but works somewhere else now.

Best of luck to all the kids this week & hope they are safe.

FireGraig
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
FireGraig, I am not giving all the credit to Coach Hessseltine here. He has had some really talented players to work with and some really good assistant coaches.

Fair enough, I just don't think they have it this year. It is good to see people who back their school.

MUSTANG69
09-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Fair enough, I just don't think they have it this year. It is good to see people who back their school.

Yes, I do back my school and always will, no matter what. Win or lose I'll be there supporting them.