PDA

View Full Version : NFL Substitute officials...

Bullaholic
09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Do you think the subsitute NFL officials are doing a good job? Do you think they are "missing" more calls than the regular NFL officials would, or do you think everyone is just watching them closer?

Emerson1
09-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Not any crappier then the normal officials.

Although there was a pretty big mess up in the Seattle game with them not taking a timeout away when they should have.

Farmersfan
09-10-2012, 09:49 AM
In my opinion the regular officials are far too arrogant and too often make themselves the determining factor in the outcome of games. I agree with Emerson1 that i have not seen anymore missed calls or bad calls than we see with the regulars. I do however think they might be a little too quick to start watching certain things more closely. The Cowboys game for instance is a perfect example. They called several holding penalites on the O-line for Dallas and I think they all started watching the Dallas O-line far, far too closely which led to more penalties being called on very, very marginal holds. I saw way worse holds on the Giant O-linemen that didn't get called. They seemed to get into a pattern of calling things against Dallas and not calling the same thing against New York................... Or maybe it just seemed that way to me!

Slick50
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
they are doing a pretty good job i think