PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Coach Leaving

Cameronbystander
04-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Rumors around Cameron have Coach Sapp leaving. His defensive coordinator has already left and people in the know say that Sapp and one other coach are leaving also.

Matthew328
04-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Hmm I wonder why?? I have read that there have been some issues in Cameron...not really athletic related though...talent base not as strong maybe? What's the word?

Cameronbystander
04-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Our defensive coordinator left because he is from Cameron (played on the 1980 state championship team) and the pressure is greater when you coach in your home town. Caoch Sapp is also from Cameron and I think this is also part of the issue for him. One coach told me that everyone in Cameron wants the ten best players on the field plus his kid. When you have this pressure and it comes from people you grew up with it is tough.
Coach Sapp is a great coach and person, most want him to stay.

Jacket2000
04-28-2003, 02:18 PM
LOL, I dont think the DC leaving had anything to do with pressure. Im thinking it had somethin' to do with being offered the HC/AD position at Rogers(which he took).
J2K

Cameronbystander
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
I play golf with the DC from Cameron. I was basically quoting him on why he left. He took a similar position with Rogers. John Stillwell got the HC/AD job at Rogers where he was already a coach.

Jacket2000
04-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Wow, well, apparently the Temple newspaper got it wrong! LOL. I guess they probably dont give a whole lot of coverage to 2a schools anyway. So, disregard what I said then.
J2K

theyoefnshow
04-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Well, I'm very torn on this. I heard Hudson tell us how much he hated working in Rogers. Alot of that had to do with the head coach at the time Lee Fedora but it came to me as a huge shock that he left Cameron for Rogers. I don't get it. As the DC, you only have the head coach (Sapp) to look up to. Obviously, if Rogers already has a new head coach, why would he leave a 3A school for a 2A at the same position? I have a theory. People constantly riding his @ss for a playoff game in 2001. Yup. You know the one.

dr. football
04-29-2003, 11:33 AM
No. 1 - Hudson and Stillwell are friends.
No. 2 - Pay Raise.
No. 3 - He's becoming the OC.

football
04-29-2003, 08:26 PM
i really dont think coach sapp is leaving they just gave him a new 2yr contract and the talent is still there they young but good

Cameronbystander
05-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Coach Sapp told his players yesterday that he is staying. Two coaches did accept positions with Rogers.