PDA

View Full Version : Rg iii

SintonFan
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I won't root for the Redskins, but, they have a winner in this guy. Didn't look like a huge drop off in his passing in the Pros. His running was decent but the defensive speed of the Pros showed today. I think he is gonna be a good one (I know we all know this) so this Texas guy deserves a thread. Good Job RG III!

Just don't do that against my Cowboys. lol :tisk:

Hopefully the Saint's will JUST DO THEIR JOB from now on.

Ehh, I forgot the forum won't let you post all caps. So RG 3 became RG i i i. No slight intended.

FireGraig
09-09-2012, 11:04 PM
He looked quite impressive and accurate. One game does not make a career, but I hope he does well. NFC East becomes more exciting this year.

Phil C
09-10-2012, 08:05 AM
You have to remember that VY was Rookie of the Year his first year in pro football and we know how that unfortunately worked out. Still this is an encouraging start.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2012, 08:08 AM
You have to remember that VY was Rookie of the Year his first year in pro football and we know how that unfortunately worked out. Still this is an encouraging start.
But there were rumblings about VY from the very begininng of his pro career...starting in training camp. Rumblings of his ability to understand the game...that really, he wasnt too bright...and that is exactly what dogged him throughout. RG3 certainly wont have that problem!

Phil C
09-10-2012, 08:15 AM
But there were rumblings about VY from the very begininng of his pro career...starting in training camp. Rumblings of his ability to understand the game...that really, he wasnt too bright...and that is exactly what dogged him throughout. RG3 certainly wont have that problem!

We will see.

Bullaholic
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
RG III has the complete package to be a great one---brains, character, and great athletic ability. He will be a real challenge for the Cowboys every season.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
We will see.

I dont think there is any question about his intelligence. I thought I read somewhere that he had the highest score on the IQ test in the combine, and VY had one of (if not THE) lowest scores recorded. Anyone know the details?

Macarthur
09-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Great start, but as someone said, these NFL defenses are pretty good. They'll watch some film on him and try to combat what he does. Also, keep in mind, Shannahan kept things really simple with lots of short passes. As I said, defenses will start to take some things away. It will be interesting to watch to see him make his adjustments once defenses make adjustments to him.

Roughneck93
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont think there is any question about his intelligence. I thought I read somewhere that he had the highest score on the IQ test in the combine, and VY had one of (if not THE) lowest scores recorded. Anyone know the details?

Just for comparisons...

It was reported that RG3 scored a 24 on the Wonderlic. Andrew Luck a 37.

VY scrored a 6, then a 13 after taking it again.

http://nflcombineresults.com/2012-nfl-combine-wonderlic-scores/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/claiborne-gives-birth-to-a-four-on-the-wonderlic/

Slick50
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
hopefully da boys revamped D will shut him down

wimbo_pro
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Just for comparisons...

It was reported that RG3 scored a 24 on the Wonderlic. Andrew Luck a 37.

VY scrored a 6, then a 13 after taking it again.

http://nflcombineresults.com/2012-nfl-combine-wonderlic-scores/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/claiborne-gives-birth-to-a-four-on-the-wonderlic/

Thanks RoughNeck...I thought I heard RG3 scored the highest ever...but wasnt so sure! Thanks for setting it straight fo me.

Macarthur
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
hopefully da boys revamped D will shut him down

It will be interesting because I think this season is going to show that NO's defense is not very good. I don't think he will be able to make a living for a full season by throwing those short passes. At some point, he's going to have to push the ball downfield and that's where mistakes happen. He'll be a good one; I just caution everyone in reading too much into the first game.

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
+1,

Saints D is soft.

He won't do this every week but he had a nice game and will have a great career.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
VY couldn't hold RG's jock. I was thinking that he was going to click of 20 straight completions or something "Supermanish". He is certainly a cut above your ordinary NFL Rookie QB.

LionFan72
09-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Hate the Skins, but RGlll is a stud. Still waiting for the proof, but he is definitely gonna be a load to consider for anyone playing them.