PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado (2-0) Vs. 4A Ft. Worth Southwest (2-0)

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Who ya got in this one? This will be Alvarado's first real test this year. Excellent athletes on this Southwest team. Alvarado +7. But a close one.

orange machine
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Ill take the Indians i say the score will be
Indians 31
Southwest 27

toddg
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
FTWSouthwest in 2 games has 1113 total yds..557 rush/556 pass....Robbie Rhodes 8 catches 299 yds 5 TDs
Wesley Harris 526 yds passing completing 52% 7 tds 3 ints..151 yds
rushing
Jameion Williams 30/236 2tds rushing
the Raiders have a couple of 300 pound tackles and like most of the starters..are in their 3rd and 4th years as starters.

key to this game..limit possessions! create turnovers! containment! ..defense has got to play smart..be patient, mix zone and man coverage and dont over pursue...offense has to maximize possessions with patient, grind it out, mix run/pass time consuming drives that end with scores! the raider defense is average and will take risks to hide that..they have given up 57 points in 2 games vs. Cleburne and Everman..both not exactly offensive juggernaughts this year.
Everman tried going toe to toe in an offensive shootout with them and didnt have the horses to keep up..that is not our game..Indians play their game..they win by 2 tds.

toddg
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM
oh! and btw...who the hell schedules football games at 1030AM!!!!!!! better get the eye black out!! Go Indians! you play like you practice..PRACTICE EXCELLENCE, PLAY EXCELLENT!!!

and fyi..i would take Kenny West over any..i repeat any QB in 3A...strong accurate arm, can and will make all the throws..durable, runs/blocks like a fullback..has the competitive moxy and confidence, which goes with complete command of the Indians offense..28-3 as starter.

Matthew328
09-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Game is at 10:30am because there's a district game at Clark that night....rather play at 10:30am than at like 1 and deal with the heat

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM
oh! and btw...who the hell schedules football games at 1030AM!!!!!!! better get the eye black out!! Go Indians! you play like you practice..PRACTICE EXCELLENCE, PLAY EXCELLENT!!!

and fyi..i would take Kenny West over any..i repeat any QB in 3A...strong accurate arm, can and will make all the throws..durable, runs/blocks like a fullback..has the competitive moxy and confidence, which goes with complete command of the Indians offense..28-3 as starter.I agree Todd. Kenny is a good talent. Too bad he is in a run first offense. I bet he would be really accurate in a spread offense.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Game is at 10:30am because there's a district game at Clark that night....rather play at 10:30am than at like 1 and deal with the heatI agree Matt. Supposed to be a gorgeous day. Been a long time since I have watched football in the morning. Cant wait!

hollywood
09-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Pulling for the injuns! Looking forward to handing them their first loss!! ;)

Ernest T Bass
09-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Gotta pick the Raiders. Dems boys is for real.

toddg
09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Game is at 10:30am because there's a district game at Clark that night....rather play at 10:30am than at like 1 and deal with the heat

thought the game was at Farrington...

garciap77
09-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Who ya got in this one? This will be Alvarado's first real test this year. Excellent athletes on this Southwest team. Alvarado +7. But a close one.

Los Indios by 14!

toddg
09-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Pulling for the injuns! Looking forward to handing them their first loss!! ;)

that...has yet to be determined, lots of football to be played before ambush day!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
thought the game was at Farrington...
Its at Herman E Clarke Stadium on 820 near TCC. Same place our kids graduated last yr.

83Indian
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
This will be a great test for our secondary. We won't see another passing team even close to them until the Ville. We will need to put pressure on the quaterback. Too close to call in my opinion. We limit the big pass plays and I think we win. I believe we can score quite a few points as well. Alvarado by 3.

Matthew328
09-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Southwest's offense puts a lot of pressure on the secondary because they have 3 good receivers...two of which are as fast as it gets...they have a decent RB and a QB who is a fantastic athlete in Harris...their defense is underrated, they are geared to stop the run....passing teams are what give the Raiders trouble....this is a tough matchup for Alvarado

83Indian
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Southwest's offense puts a lot of pressure on the secondary because they have 3 good receivers...two of which are as fast as it gets...they have a decent RB and a QB who is a fantastic athlete in Harris...their defense is underrated, they are geared to stop the run....passing teams are what give the Raiders trouble....this is a tough matchup for Alvarado

Win or lose this is a well needed test for Alvarado. We need to know where we are and if indeed we are a top tier defense. I think we can pass the ball pretty well as West can deliver the ball pretty accurately. Our run game although racking up yards against Mexia and Bridgeport needs work in my opinion. We had way too much penetration from Mexia last week. This will be a great test for our offensive line as well.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Win or lose this is a well needed test for Alvarado. We need to know where we are and if indeed we are a top tier defense. I think we can pass the ball pretty well as West can deliver the ball pretty accurately. Our run game although racking up yards against Mexia and Bridgeport needs work in my opinion. We had way too much penetration from Mexia last week. This will be a great test for our offensive line as well.
Our running game is our bread and butter. Are you not watching the same kids as me? I know I'm a homer with one of them but over 400 yds in first game alone even being against BP is still quite an accomplishment. We will get yards against any team with the run game. Tell me where it needs work? Slow? Fat? no heart? where? then lets ask coach Dixon his opinion lol. Then add in how our QB racks yards up running? RB's averaging 10 yds per carry combined.. even against weaker teams.. Lets say a good team cuts that to 5? Ill take it and hold the ball and keep their offense off the field. ALvarado is a run team 1st. And quite possible the best 3 RB's combined in 3A.

You have the workhorse in Hardy. The speed of McNiel to catch the outside. Leger who can start on any team as well as one of the best FB's in the state in Walraven.

So just curious where this needs work.. They will even get better as the year goes on.. Just sayin.. Ill step off my soap box.

83Indian
09-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Our running game is our bread and butter. Are you not watching the same kids as me? I know I'm a homer with one of them but over 400 yds in first game alone even being against BP is still quite an accomplishment. We will get yards against any team with the run game. Tell me where it needs work? Slow? Fat? no heart? where? then lets ask coach Dixon his opinion lol. Then add in how our QB racks yards up running? RB's averaging 10 yds per carry combined.. even against weaker teams.. Lets say a good team cuts that to 5? Ill take it and hold the ball and keep their offense off the field. ALvarado is a run team 1st. And quite possible the best 3 RB's combined in 3A.

You have the workhorse in Hardy. The speed of McNiel to catch the outside. Leger who can start on any team as well as one of the best FB's in the state in Walraven.

So just curious where this needs work.. They will even get better as the year goes on.. Just sayin.. Ill step off my soap box.

I think our line play had some lapses against a much smaller Mexia team on Saturday. It looked a little sloppy to me getting stuffed in our backfield several times and getting stopped on our first possession. This is why playing weak teams out of the gate are hard to gauge where we are. We are going to need both the passing game and running game firing on all cylinders to beat Southwest. Might explain why were up by 40 points with 5 minutes to go with West and Hardy still in the game. I was surprised by that.

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-11-2012, 12:04 AM
I think our line play had some lapses against a much smaller Mexia team on Saturday. It looked a little sloppy to me getting stuffed in our backfield several times and getting stopped on our first possession. This is why playing weak teams out of the gate are hard to gauge where we are. We are going to need both the passing game and running game firing on all cylinders to beat Southwest. Might explain why were up by 40 points with 5 minutes to go with West and Hardy still in the game. I was surprised by that.i was surprised in that too.. I thought maybe 3 qtrs. I think coach is trying to get them to gel as a first team. Maybe he feels the line needs work. we will see this saturday. see ya there!

toddg
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
looks like we are working a lot of lineman in..its a complex blocking scheme, as my son and the freshman team are finding out, and the Indians are getting the calls and timing worked out with several different combinations. Everman racked up 220 yds rushing on southwest last week and still lost by 20 pts..they only had 57 yds passing...Matt is right..we are going to have to open up the passing game to keep drives going, and we have the ability to mix in both effeciently..we will have to...to win this game. Southwest ran the ball 25 times, passed 15 times and the yardage was about even on a 500 yds offensive night, the big play is their staple...turnovers are crucial..we cant have any..and we have to take advantage of their sloppy ball handling.

Matthew328
09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
if Southwest hangs on to the ball they are hard to stop...thats the key to beating them is forcing turnovers

Im pulling for Alvarado.

toddg
09-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Im pulling for Alvarado.

i wiil be pulling for the Jackets as well.

toddg
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
if Southwest hangs on to the ball they are hard to stop...thats the key to beating them is forcing turnovers

yep..seems to be a recurring theme for them..controlling the clock and creating turnovers is paramount for us to prevail.

rholl
09-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Bigtime test for Alvarado secondary in this one. Secondary and lb'ers need to be solid in this one. I also agree running game still needs to find its rythym.....need to find a threat over the top to keep opposing secondaries honest. Does anyone know if any of S'west skill players play on both sides of ball?

Matthew328
09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I dont believe so, although in key situations in the past Harris and Rhodes have gone into the secondary but its rare..they might have some lineman who go both ways though...skill talent is plenty at Southwest, not a real need for them to do that too often...Rhodes, Robinson and Jones are a handful for DBs

toddg
09-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I dont believe so, although in key situations in the past Harris and Rhodes have gone into the secondary but its rare..they might have some lineman who go both ways though...skill talent is plenty at Southwest, not a real need for them to do that too often...Rhodes, Robinson and Jones are a handful for DBs

is Harris good on the underneath stuff? or is he more about pushing it up field..will he pass into good coverage?

Rattler
09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Alvarado by 3

Matthew328
09-12-2012, 07:22 AM
is Harris good on the underneath stuff? or is he more about pushing it up field..will he pass into good coverage?

Harris isn't a guy who will dink and dunk you, he's gonna try and hit the big play with Rhodes who is as good as any receiver in the state IMO...Robinson can fly, anchors their state relay team he's more of a guy who they like to hit on the go route....Harris' version of dink and dunk is to pull it down and run, gotta keep him contained in the pocket..if he rolls out he's tough because of his ability to run

Sville
09-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I picked Alvarado in a shootout 41-38 in this weeks Cody's Corner (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1084.0).

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-12-2012, 09:42 AM
I picked Alvarado in a shootout 41-38 in this weeks Cody's Corner (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1084.0).I like how you spelled that out with the breakdowns. No one has scored 38 on Alvarado in a LONG time. we have played teams like this many times. (Henderson, Chapel Hill etc.) Did ok against them.. If we can score in the 30's I think we win.. Im guessing Alvarado 35 FW Southwest 28. Going to be a fun game to watch. Coach Dixon will have these boys ready.

Ville-D
09-12-2012, 10:47 AM
FWSW by 3

Sville
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I think I am going to come watch the first half of this game then head over to Kincaide Stadium for the Jacket game.

defense51
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I think if the D-line steps up and puts pressure on, and hurries the QB and cause some turnovers Alvarado wins this one. I have no doubt in what our offense will do, but the defense is younger and will have to play lights out to keep the Southwest offense under control.

toddg
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I think if the D-line steps up and puts pressure on, and hurries the QB and cause some turnovers Alvarado wins this one. I have no doubt in what our offense will do, but the defense is younger and will have to play lights out to keep the Southwest offense under control.

feed #51 well this week and dont let him stay up too late friday nite..might want to invest in some eye black..that sun is going to be bright @10am!

toddg
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
looking at last years stats and the first 2 games this year..the Raiders tend to be careless with the ball at times..forcing turnovers will be key.

defense51
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
feed #51 well this week and dont let him stay up too late friday nite..might want to invest in some eye black..that sun is going to be bright @10am!
I'm gonna get him all hopped up on Mountain Dew so he jumps on the SW linemen like a spider monkey!
:hairpunk:

toddg
09-13-2012, 07:45 AM
I think I am going to come watch the first half of this game then head over to Kincaide Stadium for the Jacket game.

it is always good karma having a fire marshall in the house! you will find that Alvarado folks are a friendly bunch!!

toddg
09-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm gonna get him all hopped up on Mountain Dew so he jumps on the SW linemen like a spider monkey!
:hairpunk:

and scissor kick a few too i bet..

Sville
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
it is always good karma having a fire marshall in the house! you will find that Alvarado folks are a friendly bunch!!

I got a full day Saturday and some how the wife managed to get a honey do penciled into my football watching. I have to have her car at Frank Kent Honda at 8am Sat. morning, then it is off to yalls game, then Stephenville's, and finally Tarleton's.

toddg
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
I got a full day Saturday and some how the wife managed to get a honey do penciled into my football watching. I have to have her car at Frank Kent Honda at 8am Sat. morning, then it is off to yalls game, then Stephenville's, and finally Tarleton's.

somehow me thinks thats close to a normal day for you! :)

COBRAFOOTBALL
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I watched practice Alvarado will be ready! Gunna be exciting!

toddg
09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I watched practice Alvarado will be ready! Gunna be exciting!

im ready!! btw my son said he was impressed with the sportsmanship of the southwest players last nite, on the other hand, some idiot in our bleechers...not so much..wish i would have been there to shut the DA up!!

toddg
09-15-2012, 02:31 AM
ready for some Indian football!! (been workin nights all week! so sue me!!)

83Indian
09-15-2012, 01:58 PM
We just need ole Gsquared to keep betting against us. Maybe you and txbroadcaster can do your own prediction sure to go wrong segment