PDA

View Full Version : Sealy 52 Royal 14

jason
08-30-2003, 12:25 AM
is sealy for real??

Tiger Turtle
09-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Hard to say at this point in time. Sealy pretty much ran over Royal, but the Falcons left the ball on the ground several times, leading to short field situations on multiple occasions. Andrus, of course, is for real, but Sealy was breaking in a new tailback, Keener, and a new QB, Zapalac, I believe. The QB played a good game, particularly in the passing department. Justin Brantley, last year's starting QB until he got hurt, had a broken foot and is currently relegated to punting, although he did complete one pass for 25 out of punt formation. Loss of center Rob Emshoff may hurt later when they play some stronger teams. Greg Hluchan, Rob's backup, played well against Royal.

RBARKER
09-02-2003, 03:12 PM
I usually don't comment on this district but remember that Royal is a 2A team that was 0-10 last year. Sealy, should have stomped this team. I think it's a little early to say Sealy is back to the winning days, their real test will be Sept.12 against LaGrange. After that game then we should know if Sealy is for Real. Good Luck in 2003 Tigers

the tigers are back
09-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Well i i know we are for real, because i watch sealy for 3 years in a row. I really beleive that this is the stongest i have seen out those 3 years. I know Royal was 0-10 last year, but what that's got to with this year. Mr.rbarker i also heard that Royal gave you'll all that you could handle; is that right or not. They also did the same to lagrange, but i know that lagrange will play us hard just like everybody does. Look at Fairfield record last year and look how good they did the past year. I just say this we had a couple of players that played on the state teams in 93 and 94 and they said that this team this year could be compariable. Well i don't know about keenen #3 he's very small only 140 lbs, but we have trent slaughter who will probably start in district. The strongest player on the team and about 225lbs very solid. :mad:

RBARKER
09-02-2003, 06:21 PM
the tigers are back:
Mr.rbarker i also heard that Royal gave you'll all that you could handle; is that right or not.Well I wouldn't say they gave us all that we could handle. BH won 2 to 1 in a controlled scrimmage we never even played a live quarter. This was just a scrimmage I'm sure both teams were playing everyone they had. I,m not knocking the Tigers just stating facts. Once you play a better team you will see if the Tigers are real I think it is hard to gauge what the teams success will be from this one game.

3afan
09-03-2003, 07:38 AM
well, 98% of the teams in 3A could beat Brookshire (0-10 2A last year !!!), so lets wait 'til Sealy plays someone a little better ... but no doubt they good - just remains to be seen HOW good