PDA

View Full Version : Smithville 2-0 @ Liberty Hill 1-1

jrhernandez7
09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
The Orange & Black take the show on the road to take on Liberty Hill for there homecoming. The Tigers will take this as a slap to the face for Liberty Hill Scheduling us as a easy win. our coaching staff will have the Tigers fired up , The panthers are going to face a pissed off Smithville team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-09-2012, 10:55 AM
The Orange & Black take the show on the road to take on Liberty Hill for there homecoming. The Tigers will take this as a slap to the face for Liberty Hill Scheduling us as a easy win. our coaching staff will have the Tigers fired up , The panthers are going to face a pissed off Smithville team.

This game will tell us more about the 2012 Smithville Tigers. Good Luck!

panfan
09-09-2012, 11:03 AM

Dude, get your panties out of a wad. No one thinks Smithville will be a pushover, but hey we like the challenge. BTW - work on your grammar!!!!
*their
*Our
*an

Bring it on.

Pudlugger
09-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I think Smithville's excellent defense will hold the Panthers to 21 points or less and the Tiger offense gets the win. 28-21 SV

jrhernandez7
09-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Its hard to find a team that executes the slot-T attack better than LH. Luckily for the Tigers they have seen it against 4a Bastrop in a scrimmage, & Lampasas opening week. This will be the Tigers D 3rd time preparing for it. Its going to be a great game, & challenge for whoever comes away with the win. Hopefully the Tigers Offense can pick up where it left off.

panfan
09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Its hard to find a team that executes the slot-T attack better than LH. Luckily for the Tigers they have seen it against 4a Bastrop in a scrimmage, & Lampasas opening week. This will be the Tigers D 3rd time preparing for it. Its going to be a great game, & challenge for whoever comes away with the win. Hopefully the Tigers Offense can pick up where it left off.

It will be a tough game, for both teams. That's what we like, hard smashmouth ball. I expect a close game - seperated by a TD in LH's favor. Good luck to both teams, but being a homer, pushin' more luck LH's way.

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't think it was scheduled as an easy win. We never have homecoming during District, as far back as I recall, so it was Smithville or Wimberley for Homecoming. Beating Wimberley will be it's own special night. ;)

LHPfactory
09-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I havent heard anyone factor the LH defense in to the mix, Tigers this will be the toughest and fastest Defense you have faced all year.
Yes Jr7 you are right about execution of the LH Slot-T, Lampsas and Bastrop are childs play compared to the way Hill runs it, 410 yards against Giddings and 500+ against Hondo........ I thing this week will be a good test with out a doubt.

Smithville is looking good this year, looking forward to a great game.

panfan
09-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Alright jrhernandez7, tell us what ya'll got. Offense and defense. Put it out there. Give us some stats from the last game.

jrhernandez7
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Alright jrhernandez7, tell us what ya'll got. Offense and defense. Put it out there. Give us some stats from the last game.

Smithville doesn't blow you away with thier stats. The tigers spread the rock around.8 different rushers touched the ball last week. Some with break away speed, some that will run you over. If you game plan to stop one single back, the others will hurt you. The tiger D is this teams strength, they hit hard & often. Superb team speed on D, with 9 returning starters on the defensive side alone from last years playoff team.

Pudlugger
09-09-2012, 07:23 PM
The game will hing on how well the Tiger D steps up. Stop the slot-t running game and LH must throw the ball. I think SV has the horses to win this game.

solocam
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Toss up

ogg
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
This game will tell us more about the 2012 Smithville Tigers. Good Luck!

Like Smithville but I gotta go with LH on this one, esp after seeing Giddings play. The hill by double digits.

Z's daddy
09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Gonna go with LH in this one. The key will be if SV can play under control on defense (i.e. no stupid penalties). If they can keep emotions in check and play solid defense, then they have a chance. I think this comes down to LH executing better offensively. This will be the best test defensively for SV yet. LH plays fast and hard nosed. 28-21 LH in very hard fought game. Both teams will know they have been a battle after this one. Hoping everyone comes out safe after this one.

Manso/V8
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
The Smithville senior class is a once in a decade class. LH should expect a physical game.

LHPfactory
09-10-2012, 03:20 AM
The game will hing on how well the Tiger D steps up. Stop the slot-t running game and LH must throw the ball. I think SV has the horses to win this game.

Stop the slot you say, It sounds like Smithville has a good defense, and with that can only hope to slow it down. This LH group is young but good, Smithville won't do what they did to Lampasas, ask Giddings, they will tell you that you can only hope to slow it. Also the LH D is tougher and quicker than MF or Lampasas.
This will be a good game and I know we are all curious as to how the teams will match up. You ever hear of THUNDERSTRUCK! ?:)

Pudlugger
09-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Stop the slot you say, It sounds like Smithville has a good defense, and with that can only hope to slow it down. This LH group is young but good, Smithville won't do what they did to Lampasas, ask Giddings, they will tell you that you can only hope to slow it. Also the LH D is tougher and quicker than MF or Lampasas.
This will be a good game and I know we are all curious as to how the teams will match up. You ever hear of THUNDERSTRUCK! ?:)

Not taking anything away from LH but you need to realize how good the SV defense is. 9 starters are back from a defense that held La Grange to 6 points in regulation time last year in game 10(LG won 13-12 in OT but the Tigers advance in playoffs on points). LG's offense put up 35 points against Giddings and 26 points against Navasota in that district in 2011 so that tells me that the Tiger defense is for real. With almost all of these players back and a new coach that understands how to win football games any team that underestimates SV will be surprised in a not so happy way. What I'm saying is that SV has probably the best defense in D26 right now and if they can hold LH to 3 or fewer tds they can win.

LHPfactory
09-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Looking forward to Friday night, but before that, thursday night....

Anyone know good the Smithville 8th graders are?

1st and goal
09-11-2012, 08:40 AM
This will be a great matchup. I would love to see it but will be in Bellville.

I think that LH will get their ground pounding yards and that if Smithville wants to win, they'll have to be able to quickly strike on offense OR be able to hold LH's slot T...

buff4ever
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
LH will get their points, if Smithville's D is their strenght then they will have to hold LH to 21 and hope to score 22. However I predict that LH scores 28 and smithville scores 21. If LH is getting better each week, that offense is going to look good this Friday.

jett
09-11-2012, 09:18 AM

What Liberty Hill runs is a LITTLE bit different than what Bastrop runs... And Bastrop doesn't even run it well. Comparing those two isn't really helpful.

hookandladder
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
From what I saw in our scrimmage with LH their defense was not as solid as I have seen from them in the past, Smithville has good speed and power in their backfield. LH I feel has their best QB as far as passing the ball in many years , so his passing in key situations could be the difference however I am picking Smithville by a point.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Man, this should be good one. Maybe a several OT type good one?

Bassact
09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
What Liberty Hill runs is a LITTLE bit different than what Bastrop runs... And Bastrop doesn't even run it well. Comparing those two isn't really helpful.

Same goes for Lampasas.. And the LH coaches taught it to lampasas then they put their own twist to it.. But hey it worked, Lampasas had their first winning season in a very very long time last year..

LH is looking very good on both sides of the ball and special teams are coming around now that they've decided on a kicker.. Still waiting for LH to step up and win a close one or put the pedal down against a good team.
This one comes down to who makes the fewest mental mistakes and takes care of the ball.. Panthers by 10!

greendawg84
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Lampasas and Marble Falls aint no LH , give me The Hill by 14.

panfan
09-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Smithville doesn't blow you away with thier stats. The tigers spread the rock around.8 different rushers touched the ball last week. Some with break away speed, some that will run you over. If you game plan to stop one single back, the others will hurt you. The tiger D is this teams strength, they hit hard & often. Superb team speed on D, with 9 returning starters on the defensive side alone from last years playoff team.

Here's some numbers for ya. LH in 2 games combined total rushing yards - 846 at 5.6 yds/carry = average of 423 yards/game. Oh yea, there was a wee bit of passing going on as well. Defense racked up several sacks per game as well, more against Giddings than against Hondo, cause it looks like Giddings threw the ball more. Couldn't find any Smithville stats other than scores, but wins are wins, so they are doing something right. LH will be ready regardless. I'm sure the coaches are telling the boys that Smithville will be one of their toughest opponents yet.

Looking for LH to continue pounding the rock hard, at a high tempo pace. Just when opponent thinks, ah OK they are going to run it again, BAM - QB roll out with a pass. Nothing fancy mind you, just a suble reminder, that it is there and it will be used. Wells has a very good arm and can throw on the run.

Defense has been stepping up each week. Against Giddings, we had a mental let down with about 2 minutes left against a high powered offense. That won't happen again. Lets get ready to Rrrrruuuuummmmbbbbllllleeeee!!

jrhernandez7
09-11-2012, 12:12 PM
If this game is close going into the 4th advantage ORANGE & BLACK. Smithville is coming off 2 hard fought Wins, the Tigers get stronger as the game goes on. & LH showed against the buffs that they can blow a 4th qt in a tight game.

LHPfactory
09-11-2012, 01:40 PM
If this game is close going into the 4th advantage ORANGE & BLACK. Smithville is coming off 2 hard fought Wins, the Tigers get stronger as the game goes on. & LH showed against the buffs that they can blow a 4th qt in a tight game.

They did drop the ball (no pun intended) against Giddings, but its also a young group of players. However they have great coaching, and the lesson in hard knocks against Giddings wont be in vain, its doubtful it will happen again. Also remember that they took the next kick off from Giddings with 1 minute left and took the ball into scoring distance fast, only to get a penalty and a miss a field goal.

That being said, anyone from Wimberley, Giddings, Cuero, Burnet, Brownwood, and any of the other perenial programs can tell you the Hill will take you to down to the wire at the end of the 4th.... that is actually a strength in our program. You will see at the game that LH takes pride at the beginning of th 4th quarter, the fans will hold up 4 fingers to signify that the 4th quarter is ours.......

I have been through Smithville seveal times enroute to Houston and stopped in and realized that its a nice little town, and being a football nut have wondered over the years why their program was suffering so bad, seeing that its a great place to grow texas football tradition. I am glad to see that they now have a very good football team. I am curious, is this an extremely talented group or have there been big changes in the program in the past couple of years, or both?

hookandladder
09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
They did drop the ball (no pun intended) against Giddings, but its also a young group of players. However they have great coaching, and the lesson in hard knocks against Giddings wont be in vain, its doubtful it will happen again. Also remember that they took the next kick off from Giddings with 1 minute left and took the ball into scoring distance fast, only to get a penalty and a miss a field goal.

That being said, anyone from Wimberley, Giddings, Cuero, Burnet, Brownwood, and any of the other perenial programs can tell you the Hill will take you to down to the wire at the end of the 4th.... that is actually a strength in our program. You will see at the game that LH takes pride at the beginning of th 4th quarter, the fans will hold up 4 fingers to signify that the 4th quarter is ours.......

I have been through Smithville seveal times enroute to Houston and stopped in and realized that its a nice little town, and being a football nut have wondered over the years why their program was suffering so bad, seeing that its a great place to grow texas football tradition. I am glad to see that they now have a very good football team. I am curious, is this an extremely talented group or have there been big changes in the program in the past couple of years, or both?

From an outsider with kin folk that live there, in my eyes they have some quaility coaches that came into the school at the right time. The Senior class is very deep in talent and most of the kids come from really good parents that knows it takes hard work to compete at the highest level, this is there year to get it done. D-26 will be a dog fight starting the first week of District, Glad we have them at home this year. Need to make it 4 in row on wins this year.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
:( Can someone send me text updates, please? I'll be missing the first Varsity game since 2003 & first home Varsity game since 2000.

Z's daddy
09-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Got these stats from the Bastrop paper. The big difference in the game was 3 turnovers by Lampasas, none by Smithville. 2 of those turnovers came inside the Smithville 10 yard line, with one being returned for the 2nd SV TD. If Lampasas takes care of the ball, then would probably be 2-0. But they didn't so they are not. Turnovers against good teams will get you beat. LH defense will be much better than MF. LH 28 SV 14.

http://bastropadvertiser.com/2012/08/31/smithville-starts-with-a-bang/

LHPfactory
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
:( Can someone send me text updates, please? I'll be missing the first Varsity game since 2003 & first home Varsity game since 2000.

I will

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2012, 05:02 AM
I will
TYVM! Do you still have my number?

panfan
09-13-2012, 07:31 AM
I will

Glad factory is doing it, me and texting don't go together too well.... Little bitty keys, big fat fingers.

K-MAC Chuck
09-13-2012, 08:37 AM

Don't forget the Panthers Prime Time broadcast is available on your phone. Get to your phone's internet, type in m.kmacsports.ezstream.com and you'll be able to listen to the live broadcast - that is, IF you can listen to it where you will be.

duckhunter
09-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I wonder what kind of effect the weather will have on this game....turnovers will be key. as well special teams. I know #4 for smithville is a threat on speacial teams everytime he touches the ball.....could be a deciding factor?

panfan
09-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I wonder what kind of effect the weather will have on this game....turnovers will be key. as well special teams. I know #4 for smithville is a threat on speacial teams everytime he touches the ball.....could be a deciding factor?

Note to self, Don't kick to #4, tell coaches to not kick to #4. If we kick to #4, make sure to oil the ball first so it squirts out when we hit him.

panfan
09-13-2012, 10:24 AM

Weather channel puts it at 60% chance of T-storms tomorrow. Rain no problem. But if the lightning starts, they will call the game. What was it two or three years ago against Abilene? we had a heck of a downpour and lightning right at game time. Cancelled. I hope for the rain, we need it badly and we can play in the rain. Just leave the light show elsewhere.

LHPfactory
09-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Weather channel puts it at 60% chance of T-storms tomorrow. Rain no problem. But if the lightning starts, they will call the game. What was it two or three years ago against Abilene? we had a heck of a downpour and lightning right at game time. Cancelled. I hope for the rain, we need it badly and we can play in the rain. Just leave the light show elsewhere.

Were you at the down pour against Waco Connally (@LH) ? The refs postphoned the game and then when it let up they played. Lota cars got stuck in the parking area next to the elementary that night. .... note to self.... park on pavement if possible.

panfan
09-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Were you at the down pour against Waco Connally (@LH) ? The refs postphoned the game and then when it let up they played. Lota cars got stuck in the parking area next to the elementary that night. .... note to self.... park on pavement if possible.

Yes I recall that one as well, it was a mess. The one against Abilene in '09 was memorable cause we pulled into the parking lot, actually found a space, got ready to get out and the sky opened up. It rained buckets, then the lightnening started, rained some more, and some more. People were sprinting to cars, cover, anything to get out of the rain (and some hail). The lightning was so bad they cancelled the game. I'll be sure to not park in that field in case the sky opens up!!!

jrhernandez7
09-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I have been thinking about this game for 6 days now. Trying to determine how I think this game willy play out. I think LH will play us tough early. maybe even 7-7 after one qt. Then I think Smithville with there overall team speed, defensive experience, & physical play will take over eventually wearing down the panthers. The offense will be fine with thier many home run threats. This Tiger team is still growing & getting better and has thier best football ahead of them. They are just getting warmed up, the volcano is shaking & getting ready to explode.

Prediction
Smithville 33 LH 14

panfan
09-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I have been thinking about this game for 6 days now. Trying to determine how I think this game willy play out. I think LH will play us tough early. maybe even 7-7 after one qt. Then I think Smithville with there overall team speed, defensive experience, & physical play will take over eventually wearing down the panthers. The offense will be fine with thier many home run threats. This Tiger team is still growing & getting better and has thier best football ahead of them. They are just getting warmed up, the volcano is shaking & getting ready to explode.

Prediction
Smithville 33 LH 14

That's BOLD Jr, better be able to back it up. We just got pounded with rain, maybe it came early and we have clear skies for tomorrow evening. I would sure like to hang a panther victory on overall team play and not bad weather.

LHPfactory
09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah, thats bold Jr, you ever see LH play?

Dang it, 7th and 8th LH vs Smithville cancelled.

jrhernandez7
09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
The Austin statesman picked LH to win in a unanimous decision just liked they did last week with us & Marble Falls. like last week That doesn't sit to well with the orange & black, the statesmen gave LH the kiss of death. Going in the underdog is how the tigers love it.

garciap77
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
LH by 28!

panfan
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
The Austin statesman picked LH to win in a unanimous decision just liked they did last week with us & Marble Falls. like last week That doesn't sit to well with the orange & black, the statesmen gave LH the kiss of death. Going in the underdog is how the tigers love it.

I like your confidence in your team Jr, good luck. We'll see how it plays out.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Don't forget the Panthers Prime Time broadcast is available on your phone. Get to your phone's internet, type in m.kmacsports.ezstream.com and you'll be able to listen to the live broadcast - that is, IF you can listen to it where you will be.
I have a dumb phone. :D

LHHS_Mom
09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't have a Panther in these battles anymore
I am at home making sure there are no bugs in my margaritas:inlove: *laughs as I hear that song already*
but yes that feature does work for listening to the game on your phone... :D

panfan
09-14-2012, 09:51 AM

We got a boatload of rain last night so tell your tiggers to make sure and bring their floaties and goggles!!! I would bet that parking in the open field NW of the stadium will be a disaster if attempted. Hoping the admin folks set something up to bus folks over from the HS or foundation park. Hell, we may just waterski to the game from our place.

hookandladder
09-14-2012, 11:03 AM
That's BOLD Jr, better be able to back it up. We just got pounded with rain, maybe it came early and we have clear skies for tomorrow evening. I would sure like to hang a panther victory on overall team play and not bad weather.

You have LH fans and other posters predicting a LH win ,so why is it bold that Jr. predicts a Smithville win and he better be able to back it up. Seems like you think it is darn near impossible for Smithville to win this game, what has LH done this year other then beat a weak Hondo team and then played Giddings a good game. This game could go either way depending on turnovers, Smithville will come ready to play and you can bank on that for sure. Should be a great game.

panfan
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
You have LH fans and other posters predicting a LH win ,so why is it bold that Jr. predicts a Smithville win and he better be able to back it up. Seems like you think it is darn near impossible for Smithville to win this game, what has LH done this year other then beat a weak Hondo team and then played Giddings a good game. This game could go either way depending on turnovers, Smithville will come ready to play and you can bank on that for sure. Should be a great game.

Man you read too much into this. I wouldn't expect anything less from a Smithville fan or any other fan than for them to predict their team is going to win. BOLD in the manner of prediction, not the prediction itself. Just look at how Jr has worded all his posts relative to "the win" .... Kiss of death...pissed off Tigers.... Blah Blah...
Like I posted earlier, I like his confidence in his team. And yes it could go either way, I'm banking on it going LH's way.

panfan
09-14-2012, 12:28 PM

Smithville, I hear they are going to Bus folks over from the Jr. High and High school. For ya'll - probably park at the jr. high. After you pass the light where the HS is, its the first left off of HWY 29 (Loop 332). Jr High is on the left. Can't miss it and you can see if from 29 as well. Drive Safe.

buff4ever
09-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Would like to go for the district on this one, but I think that LH wins a close one here.

Pudlugger
09-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Good luck tonight Tigers represent D26 well.

jrhernandez7
09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
The word is out in smithville on the parking Situation. Want to wish good luck to both teams on a great game.

Bassact
09-14-2012, 11:17 PM
LH is now rolling... 49-13 over Smithville and it really wasn't that close. LH eliminates the few penalties and turnovers and who knows!
Smithville never had an answer for LH fast paced offense and LH D totally dominated..
Haven't seen any stats but I'm betting Smithville had more penalty yard that total offense.. LH punched them in the mouth and they didn't like. lost all composure.. Don't remember ever seeing that many personal foul penalties in 1 game..
At the end smithville were very good sports and stood with their hehads high during LH school song..

Good luck the rest of the way to both teams.

LHPfactory
09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
49-13 Liberty Hill......... Way to go Panthers, ramping up for district.

Smithville you have a good team, but they need to keep their emotion in check, I saw alot of late hits before the flags started flying.

Either way, your program is on the rise and playing big ballas will only make you better, take it on the chin, shake it off, and get ready for your next opponent. Good luck to you.

Ps.... Bastrop and Lampasas may run the Slot T, but Coach Jerry Vance is the master.... did you notice a difference? :clap:

LHPfactory
09-15-2012, 12:00 AM
I havent heard anyone factor the LH defense in to the mix, Tigers this will be the toughest and fastest Defense you have faced all year.
Yes Jr7 you are right about execution of the LH Slot-T, Lampsas and Bastrop are childs play compared to the way Hill runs it, 410 yards against Giddings and 500+ against Hondo........ I thing this week will be a good test with out a doubt.

Smithville is looking good this year, looking forward to a great game.

OH, forgot, What did you think of that LH D ? ..... I said it was fast and would be the toughest you have faced all year.

Anyway, you guys have some good backs and offensive linemen and your Defense is good, dont get down, many have been Thunderstruck in the Panther Den. ..... our boys didnt earn those banners over the press box by being in an ok program. Good luck on the rest of the season...... you will do well.

zebrablue2
09-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Congrats to LH!!!

hookandladder
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Looks like LH exposed Smithville weak area last night, Good win for LH. Congrats

panfan
09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
The word is out in smithville on the parking Situation. Want to wish good luck to both teams on a great game.

Good game Smithville. That pistol ya'll were running was at times, tricky and hard to find the ball. I can see that taking ya'll far this season. Best of luck with the remainder of the season.

Pudlugger
09-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Well I guess the Tigers' defense is not as solid as I thought. They still have time to put it together before district. They have Sealy then Rockdale next so it is going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the updates, LHP! I hated like heck to miss it, but watching my own play always comes first.

LHPfactory
09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the updates, LHP! I hated like heck to miss it, but watching my own play always comes first.

No prob, LH was snapping the ball so fast I swear sometimes you could see the snap before you heard the whistle from the ref (speed of light faster than speed of sound). A few mishaps but that no huddle is coming together well.

Manso/V8
09-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I get the distinct impression that Liberty Hill is not as good as some of the Liberty Hill posters think.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I get the distinct impression that Liberty Hill is not as good as some of the Liberty Hill posters think.

:stirpot:

LHPfactory
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM

Time will tell, For a very young team, they are doing ok, they ran all over a defense with 9 returning starters this week.

They are much better than they were in week 1.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Or maybe we're even better. :taunt:

Bassact
09-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Time will tell, For a very young team, they are doing ok, they ran all over a defense with 9 returning starters this week.

They are much better than they were in week 1.

LHPfactory - this team took the giddings loss and turned it into a positive. All the these young players don't even understand how much they've inproved and how far they could go.. It will be a fun next 3 years for LH football.
I know Hondo is down but the performance against Smithville made me a believer.. LH went from being good in game 1 to being very very good in game 3.. we'll see how it turns out in the end but one thing is forsure - IT WILL BE A FUN RIDE!!