PDA

View Full Version : HornetPride isn't bringing anything to this board.

russ31
10-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Let's be done with him.

HornetPride
10-16-2002, 04:58 PM
So how are things at the Paris News, Mike?

StingEmHornets04
10-16-2002, 09:06 PM
i believe that hornetpride dont deserve that name in the first place! All he sits around and does is talk about the dadgum cheerleaders and band. You know are boyz put out 100% everygame and dont need any loud mouth running their head about how they suck. I would imagine that HP didnt even play football so he sits and talks smack cuz hes jealous! And cant leave out that Caldwell is goin to be rockdale!!!

russ31
10-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Sorry, HornetPride, you've got me pegged as the wrong guy. I'm just tired of the constant stream of crap spewing from your mouth on this board that many others and myself enjoy. I'm sure you're a smart enough guy, and you might even know a little bit about football, or you wouldn't be here, so try bringing something worth everyone's time to this board.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Russ,
Check your pm's

buffalo booster
10-16-2002, 09:32 PM
My initial reaction was "where do I go to sign the petition?" But, despite the fact that I disagree with HornetPride most of the time, I will still defend his right to say whatever it is that he wants to say...

Admittedly, he's frustrated with the Caldwell season thus far. He takes out his frustration on the Hornet players and anybody else who might cross his path. But, folks, he's got freedom of speech. As long as he refrains from profanity and racist or otherwise hateful remarks, he's got the same right to be here as the rest of us.

If you don't like what he says, ignore him. Don't reply to his insults. If nobody replies, perhaps he'll get the message and tone it down a little.

russ31
10-16-2002, 09:46 PM
He's got the right to say whatever he wants, I agree with you 100%. It doesn't matter if I don't like what he says, or anyone else for that matter, but there's no room here for him to trash kids. And on top of that, he's kind of a jackass. :D

tog
10-16-2002, 10:10 PM
i think the repsonse to the girl from cameron was totally out of line paraphrase here" you are 15 and don't have kids yet?" what class, let it be known that hornetbandwagonfairweatheronlywhentheteamswinsprid e does NOT represent the attitude and character of the people, players, and coaches of our fine town,, obviously a disgruntled cheerleader parent

HornetPride
10-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Well,I must say that I'm totally impressed with the fact that someone from another town (Giddings, no less) has the intelligence and - yes - class to mention freedom of expression. Thank you for that. You are a scholar and a gentleman which is by far more than I can say for some Caldwell people on here who try to whitewash the fact that they play themselves up to a fault only to disappoint those who have played before and know the difference between 110 percent effort and 70 percent effort when the games really count.
The saddest part is that I suspect many of those who react to my observations on here for having an opinion (PLEASE FORGIVE ME!) are coaches. And when their own students read their responses or hear them in classroom saying to ignore other's suggestions, the learning completely stops. Even though some remarks are hot-tempered, they make perfect sense - sarcastic or not.
Telling kids to always ignore suggestions is influencing them to develop into nothing more than a lifelong "scapegoat". I personally witnessed a half dozen varsity players getting dog drunk less than two hours after the game downtown last week and I can assure you their laughter did NOT reflect that of distinguished athletes who were upset over what should have been a "regretful" loss.
If I said nothing in response to what I've seen on the field and off, I'd be no more helpful than the other 2,000 fans who show up, NEVER cheer or get hot and bothered and leave with 8 minutes left in the game with a lousy one-point deficit. I stayed the whole disgusting game and by the looks of the stands, there was no more than 400 who did the same. I just sat there helpless waiting for someone to wake the hell up and what happened? Nothing! When we win, nobody cheers. When we lose, nobody cheers. It's no wonder the team can't get pumped. Fans even ignored the players when they were lifting their arms repeatedly to fire up the crowd. It was like a funeral procession.
I make NO apologies for supporting during a win or reacting after a loss when avoidable mistakes continue. When you go to a movie and spend money and it sucks, you voice your opinion - and I have that same right. Each week is a new opponent just like each movie has a different ending.
But Caldwell' ending in the IMPORTANT games (district) is becoming predictable. If they'd give it their all, they'd be 6-0 now. Both losses (Liberty Hill and Cameron) were the result of falling apart in the second half and surrendering every surrendered point in both contests.
You do the math and tell me I have no right to be disgusted. I have a nephew who plays college ball and he was a dumbfouded as I was last week.
All this potential and you have "mentors" and teammates who'd rather backers be emotionless and witness mediocrity when they are 30 percent away from greatness.
Tell me what kind of law is broken by my statements. TELL ME!
And what if I make comments about the band? Big fat hairy deal! No where does it state that a music enthusiast has no right to opinion. I've yet to make one SINGLE comment about cheerleaders so where the hell does that come from?
Get your facts straight or shut up! Sound familiar?

HornetPride
10-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Ranger Mom:
Russ,
Check your pm'sRanger Mom, I know what you're up to. Check your PMS !

konstance_latrice_04
10-16-2002, 11:34 PM
why did somebody have to go and say something about the girl from Cameron? well ima just say this i have a name and it is Konstannce. I agree with hornetpride, and he does have a freedom of speech. :p

russ31
10-16-2002, 11:40 PM
HornetPride, thank you. That was very articulate. I'm beginning to think that there is hope for you yet. You're obviously passionate about football, and yes, you have the right to critique your team's performance. Anyway, please keep the good posts coming and leave the lame ones on the shelf.

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Folks, just see what we Bridgeport folks got stuck with when EaglesRules began posting.

Sheesh...

slpybear

konstance_latrice_04
10-16-2002, 11:41 PM
oh and to tog u just dont know what the hekk u r talking about. #1 i am not 15 i am 17, and #2 i wasnt outta the paraphrase and i can say whatever i wanna say i have a freedom of speech my self!!!!!!!!!!! kiss my buttocks!!!!!!!!
Hataz Hate TO See Stars Shine

bviking
10-17-2002, 08:18 AM
Konstance_Latrice_04, I caught that you were 17 just by the '04 part of your forum name, but you need to get off TOG. If you would read every post, you would see that the "age 15 with no baby yet, get with the program" comment was originally posted by HORNETPRIDE, the same guy whose freedom of speech you are defending. Tog was merely saying that it was a classless comment made by HP and saying that HP should not make those comments about you. Please do not help HP prove his own point. You owe TOG and apology

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 08:19 AM
and apology? Great grammar, BViking

tog
10-17-2002, 08:40 AM
uhhm hello konstance-that was me paraphrasing what hornetwhine had to say about you! i thought it was out of line, still do. as for you mr hornetwhine, get a clue, freedom of speech is not the issue here, don't try and make yourself out to be the victim. the only thing that seems to be the issue here is that you seem to have so little going for yourself that you feel better when trying to bring others down, 70% effort?!! what? what game are you watching? my teamates do not deserve this from a so called fan, were their mistakes made? yes, will we try to overcome them? yes, did any of the players give less than 100% effort? no, the coaches watched the film with us and made it clear that these kind of mistakes can not happen for us to win, get off our coaches, get off our players, and freedom of speech or not, please quit giving us a bad rep by spewing your negative garbage on here, if you are disapointed by a loss, say so, but at least try to do it like our "mentors" do, they always want and demand the best from us and for us, sounds like you would be glad if we lost the rest of our games just to stroke your ego so you can say "see, i was right, they will always suck, and will continue to suck, the only time they ever didn't suck was when i was playing back in the day" losers try to bring others down to their level to make themselves feel better, this should be the description next to your profile instead of recruiter.

tog
10-17-2002, 08:46 AM
"Anyway, please keep the good posts coming and leave the lame ones on the shelf. " russ was right when he wrote this, hornetpride was a good poster and backed us up all the way until a bad loss, most of them lately have been on the lame side

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: tog ]</small>

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 09:03 AM
Again (let's ALL quit this broken record thing, ok?), my posts have made perfect sense and if you'd use your head you'd have realized some remarks were made to make you mad and FIRE YOU UP, doe-doe! Hmmm, and something tells me you're writing these remarks in the middle of class. Look around you. You never know where I could be! There will be a reward if you beat Rockdale.....

J-U-S-T D-O I-T !

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 09:09 AM
Hey HP,
I checked my PM's - there is nothing there!!

CHS_Grad '85
10-17-2002, 09:09 AM
What--you'll shut up... wink

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 09:44 AM
CHS_Grad '85:
What--you'll shut up... wink .. not gonna do it - wouldn't be prudent at this juncture........ :p

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

fb_gurl
10-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Look just b/c you don't have anything of sbstance or importance to talk about doesn't mean anything. You need to just shut up and only speak when youhave something important and positive to say. So lets see a.) shut up and b.) get a life.

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 10:50 AM
See above...

Ranger Mom
10-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Ha Ha - That was a good one, Hornet!!

You had me there for a second - I had to go back and take a second look at your post. Taking out the apostrophe put a whole new spin on it!!

I have purposely just read and not posted on this thread. I have been there and done that before!!
I don't have a "way" with words like you do, so I'm keeping my mouth shut!!

My advice to Russ was basically, accept you, ignore you, whatever......it's useless to try and get rid of you. you WILL be back!

I have actually enjoyed your posts this go around.

Anyway, I checked my PMS - and it will probably be around for a few years to come!!

<small>[ July 22, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 12:23 PM
Ok, Ranger Mom, I like you again. That was fun in spirit and I can dig that. Give it time, though. Someone will react within 3-5 minutes when I post something and blow it COMPLETELY out of context again. And we both know what'll happen then....
Thanks for being the only good sport besides Ross on here. Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom. Basically, my biggest argument is the lack of discipline coaches have nowadays with their players. Cobia has done a very good job and I'm not knocking the guy. To do that would be ludicrous since he's slowly changing attitudes from seventh grade forward, but some of the smart mouths of these kids when reacting to constructive criticism is disturbing. The moment you push a button, they wig out on you.

Oh, and "keep returning", don't understand that one but until I curse, make a threat, key someone's car, burn bleachers or use a name in a slanderous way, there's no harm. Parents, teach your kids how to take the good with the bad and how they can avoid the bad by doing their best.

I have a good feeling about Friday and I think some of what I've said has sunk in, even though many won't admit it. All in fun...

sinton66
10-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Just a friendly word of caution here HP, those are not the only things that can get you ROM'd on this site. You can be ROM'd for attacks on kids too. The moderators pay for this site, they can and do ROM anyone they please for whatever reason they want, so you might want to be very careful about personal attacks even in jest. Do what you want, act how you want, say what you want, no skin off my teeth.

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 04:30 PM
That's all great and fine, dude, but for God's sake - answer one question:

WHAT KIND OF TIES DO YOU HAVE - or should I say "hope to have" WITH THE MODERATORS? Do you get kickbacks on your threatening to send people here to the "principal's office?"

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

fb_gurl
10-17-2002, 04:53 PM
HP, to be a person who has been to every Caldwell game this year & to see someone "pick" on the guys is not cool. yes it is all in fun and games, but it does get to person to see some of the emotions on the side lines after the games. everything that Cobia has done is been great, and he will continue to do that(bring this football team to be great) so if you critize please say a bit about hte good and no one will have any problems.

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 04:58 PM
fb_gurl, check your pm

keep_it_real
10-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Hornet pride, Im gonna be at the game Friday, I will be standing by the field house after the game, please walk out that way. I want to see if I can figure out who this goofball is.

HornetPride
10-17-2002, 06:03 PM
If you're a player, I'm sure you'll be crying as usual. Focus on the game and not some meaningless fan which is what you consider EVERYONE who is dumb enough to believe in you.

sinton66
10-17-2002, 06:26 PM
HornetPride:
That's all great and fine, dude, but for God's sake - answer one question:

WHAT KIND OF TIES DO YOU HAVE - or should I say "hope to have" WITH THE MODERATORS? Do you get kickbacks on your threatening to send people here to the "principal's office?"You are something else dude. I did not "threaten" you in any way, I merely offered friendly advice. If you take it the way it was meant, that's great, if not, as I said, no skin off my teeth if you're stupid enough to keep getting yourself ROM'd.

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Stop Ragging on HornetPride! :mad:

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:37 PM

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:38 PM

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:38 PM

CHS_CG
10-17-2002, 07:25 PM
Panther.. why should we they stop hatin on HP.. If he cant say anything supportive about Caldwell players he doesnt need to have the name hornet"PRIDE"!!! To me he sounds like he is two-faced...He needs to add to the support that the rest of the Caldwell fans give our players!!! If he cant do that the he needs to get a different Screen name!!! If he doesnt need to do that then HE needs to STOP raggin on OUR players that give 150% each and ever game till the VERY end. If he cant see that our players do that then he must not be payin good attention to the game!!

HornetPride
10-18-2002, 12:18 AM
PantherEatDog rocks!

HornetPride
10-18-2002, 12:19 AM
PantherEatDog rocks!

russ31
10-18-2002, 12:48 AM
HornetPride, you're an odd bird, but I think I like you. eek! wink

HornetPride
10-18-2002, 07:42 AM
Whatever it takes to get their butts in gear, buddy!