PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Video of Giddings Game - Homerism????

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I labeled this as I did because this is obviously a video made by Texans, for Texans. It doesn't show anything good that Giddings did, nor anything bad that Wimberley did. That's not the intent of this persons editing this video...it is to celebrate all things Wimberely Texan (and I appreciate their efforts!). I want to be clear about that.

So...with that well established....please watch it and go to the 9:15 mark.

I only point this out not to try and say we should of won...Giddings came in and put a strangle-hold on us early, and we struggled to get out of their tight grip the rest of the night, and we came up short. We never led this game at any point. Giddings won this game fair and square, and our hats are tipped to them with respect.

But the reason I post this is to disprove the silly yet rampant rumor that Wimberley gets all the "homer" calls...that if its close, Wimberley gets the call. We have always said this is crap (in the macro, of course there will always be a call here and there you might question). Please watch the pass play at the 9:15 mark...in the 4th quarter, when we had been able to shut down their offense (compared to the 1st half), and were moving in with momentum on both offense and defense. It's clearly a lateral.

We will never know what would have happened if this were called correctly...but thats not the point I am making. Just know that we do not feel that over all, we get any more "homer" called games than anyone else.
https://www.facebook.com/wimberley.texans

LHdog
09-08-2012, 06:34 PM
It's just called Karma. Things have a way of evening out over the long term. There is still a lot of Karma stored-up for the Texans.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 06:55 PM
It's just called Karma. Things have a way of evening out over the long term. There is still a lot of Karma stored-up for the Texans.

You see? Right there...thats what I'm talking about! LOL

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Quit trying to squirm out of your stored up reputation for home ref cooking now. It will always be and that's the fact Jack. jk :)

PS, look at pic #15 on the other thread's link to photos. I don't think that one was called either.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Quit trying to squirm out of your stored up reputation for home ref cooking now. It will always be and that's the fact Jack. jk :)

PS, look at pic #15 on the other thread's link to photos. I don't think that one was called either.

OK...that was hurtful. LOL

I saw that pic too...and blame the Giddings player for faking the hold and making a big deal about it...It was totally incidental and a non-call. So there....

Tejastrue
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess I'm the only one who does not see the video posted or the link to this...:weeping: I see the Sonic Blast video but that is all.

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I guess I'm the only one who does not see the video posted or the link to this...:weeping: I see the Sonic Blast video but that is all.

did you look on Gray Moores Facebook page?

Tejastrue
09-09-2012, 12:16 AM
did you look on Gray Moores Facebook page?

Yes sir..did not see a video. I'm new to the facebook craze. Maybe it's just an oversight by me but I'am tired of looking. Lol..

wimbo_pro
09-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes sir..did not see a video. I'm new to the facebook craze. Maybe it's just an oversight by me but I'am tired of looking. Lol..

TJ, try logging on to FB in a different window, then come back here and click on the link. You should go to the WT Facebook page. Or...once logged into FB, type in "Wimberley Texans" and you'll see their page, you can click "like" on it and then you will be following it. The video of the game is down a bit on the left side of the page.

lbjacj
09-09-2012, 11:07 AM

Don't give up! It really is worth the effort! Great video for Texan fans!