PDA

View Full Version : Aggies vs Gators!!!

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Tough setting for your first game for Johnny Manziel!!

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Defense still looks terrible.

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Johnny Manziel is looking good!

jdawg2012
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
A&M's kicker kicking 10 yards out of the back of the end zone. WOW!

jdawg2012
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Facemask call was bull.

jdawg2012
09-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Announcers are having to yell. Haha. 12TH MAN!!

ccmom
09-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Maybe they heard you because the D came alive on that drive!

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Wow, it is exciting watching these Aggies!

87 TIGER
09-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Looks like the big 12 was a little tougher than the sec thought.

jdawg2012
09-08-2012, 03:46 PM

:iagree:

Bull Butter
09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Had heard all about Manziel during his HS days but never got to see him play. He looks every bit as good as advertized.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Manziel looks great.

Defense looking much better from that first drive.

87 TIGER
09-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Time out didn't work out to well

Roughneck93
09-08-2012, 04:12 PM

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/TRUCKSTICK.gif

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 04:16 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/TRUCKSTICK.gif

He just straight up rail roaded that dude

SWMustang
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Punched him in da mouf an stole his lunch money.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 05:20 PM
C'mon aggies

Football DAD
09-08-2012, 05:23 PM
If they don't do something this half it's the same as last year. Only change is a new high priced coach.

Football DAD
09-08-2012, 05:43 PM
here we go again?

lbjacj
09-08-2012, 05:44 PM
The gators defense has dominated the 2nd half!

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Smh.

Z-RO
09-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Smh.

New Coach
New conference
Same 2nd half choke artists
Gig'em lol

Phil C
09-08-2012, 08:43 PM
A great game by the Aggies as they have proved they can compete in the SEC. Remember Florida won the NC a few years ago and barely beat the Aggies. The Aggies must stop blowing first half leads but today they were possible within a face mask penalty of pulling this game out.

Phil C
09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I head that Florida Coach Muschamp said after the game he was sorry to disappoint all those folks. What a jerk. He may find when he gets back to Florida that a lot of folks are going to be disappointed that it was a close game.

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
New Coach
New conference
Same 2nd half choke artists
Gig'em lol

Haha same old tools always finding a&m threads. So predictable.

Where's big country when ya need him?

navscanmaster
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
A few pass attempts downfield could have been the difference. Sumlin's timeout before the FG attempt was the difference point wise, but Manziel's lack of a vertical game, whether because of
coaching or mental, really stalled A&M. That Florida defense is still one of the best in the country, and it was going to take a monumental effort from a freshman QB in his first start. I can take away several good things from this game. One, Manziel and the Aggies had no turnovers. Two, the receivers caught passes they should have all night long, which plagued Tannehill last year. Three, the defense was really a bright spot overall only allowing ten points in a second half that saw all Aggie possessions end in punts, mostly three and outs at that.
The Aggie will be fine. Probably looking at 6-6 or 7-5 if they improve the intermediate and deep passing game.

Phil C
09-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Missouri lost to no. 7 Georgia 41 to 20 but showed they can also compete in the SEC. It was a tight game in the 4th quarter but a couple of very costly turnovers enabled Georgia to put the game away.

87 TIGER
09-09-2012, 02:34 AM
A great game by the Aggies as they have proved they can compete in the SEC. Remember Florida won the NC a few years ago and barely beat the Aggies. The Aggies must stop blowing first half leads but today they were possible within a face mask penalty of pulling this game out.
All those players and coaching staff at Florida are gone , Florida not the same team. Don't get me wrong Aggies did well, but this is probably a middle of the road sec team this year. Florida might get 3rd . A&m proved they could be an average to good sec team, the same thing they were in the big 12 .

FireGraig
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Aggies did better than I thought, too bad they couldn't hold on. :crying:

VWG
09-09-2012, 09:13 PM
First ever start for RS-Freshman QB, no turnovers, moved the offense in the first half. Played pretty damn good for his first real game in 2 years.
The o-line of the Aggies just couldn't out muscle the Florida defensive line in the 2nd half. They stayed back and played gap control, instead of rushing up-field.

Tough loss for the Ags, but hanging for 4 quarters with a Florida squad is pretty good considering how many true freshman, new QB, and other younger players saw PT.

Macarthur
09-10-2012, 08:13 AM
First ever start for RS-Freshman QB, no turnovers, moved the offense in the first half. Played pretty damn good for his first real game in 2 years.
The o-line of the Aggies just couldn't out muscle the Florida defensive line in the 2nd half. They stayed back and played gap control, instead of rushing up-field.

Tough loss for the Ags, but hanging for 4 quarters with a Florida squad is pretty good considering how many true freshman, new QB, and other younger players saw PT.

Yes, disappointing loss for the Ags, but I think it bodes well. First, they started the RS Freshman and I think it stands to reason that you will have some bumps in the road with a young QB.

Secondly, and most important, IMO, was the question of how they would handle the physicality of the SEC. Not only did they handle the Gators, they actually took it to them and were the more physical team. I think that bodes well for them. There was def a different attitude about this team.

1st and goal
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I think the young QB learned that things are quicker in SEC than in HS football.....Needs to learn timing, and definitely a dump off receiver. Many of his hurries/sacks were missed assignments.

They showed some nice razzle dazzle well executed trick plays. Where was Swopes and Nwachukwu (spelling?)? Did he not have time to go deep?

Macarthur
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I think the young QB learned that things are quicker in SEC than in HS football.....Needs to learn timing, and definitely a dump off receiver. Many of his hurries/sacks were missed assignments.

They showed some nice razzle dazzle well executed trick plays. Where was Swopes and Nwachukwu (spelling?)? Did he not have time to go deep?

Kingsbury said in an interview that there were some open opportunities in the 2nd half. Manziel just missed them. It was his first game and the first time he'd probably ever faced a defense that made adjustments to him in the 2nd half. He will learn that in the SEC, defenses will adjust and he will need to make adjustments to their adjustments.

I'll tell you this, I don't think there's a coach in the country that saw that that wouldn't love to have this kid for the next 3+ years! He is a major playmaker.

1st and goal
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I definitely consider him an asset and I know he's really fast for his stature. Just saying it appeared he was used to tucking it and running to the endzone if everyone was covered in HS. Florida had him shadowed pretty good and kept him from making a bunch of big plays especially in the 2nd half. I need to go back and watch the 2nd half. I was admittedly too antsy. That's why I'm not a coach. :)

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Definitely saw a lot of things I liked from this team.

Tons of upside, and the Evans kid looked real good at WR

87 TIGER
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Lots of young kids playing in that game, wasn't the Florida qb a freshman also?

Macarthur
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I definitely consider him an asset and I know he's really fast for his stature. Just saying it appeared he was used to tucking it and running to the endzone if everyone was covered in HS. Florida had him shadowed pretty good and kept him from making a bunch of big plays especially in the 2nd half. I need to go back and watch the 2nd half. I was admittedly too antsy. That's why I'm not a coach. :)

No doubt, that's exactly what he was used to doing in HS. With the experience from Saturday and some coaching, he will figure it out. He'll learn real quickly, at his size, he won't last in the SEC trying to run that much.

VWG
09-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Lots of young kids playing in that game, wasn't the Florida qb a freshman also?

Driskell is a soph.

OldBison75
09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
The view from this observer, not a true Aggie Fan, is like this:

Texas A & M performed far above what I expected with the young QB and all the youngsters that saw playing time. They faced a challenge of playing the very first game of their careers against a top tier SEC team. There was tremendous pressure for them to perform. Manziel is a huge talent that will make this his team in short order. He needs some more fine tuning and to learn to read the defenses better, but he will be a star before he leaves the Aggies. I saw a potential running game that with mistakes in blocking being fixed can really open offensive possibilities. The offensive line did a fair job against as good a defensive line as they have ever faced before.

Defensively, the Aggies are far ahead of where they were for several years. They have strong line play, strong linebackers and play physical. If you would have told me before the game the Aggies defense would play this well, I would have bet they would win this game.

I think this game could very well propel the Aggies to a good year. Yes, they lost, but it was not to an average or below average team. Florida has a pretty good team this year. I think there is a chance that the Aggies can win 7 games this year--far above what a lot of people believed before this game.

db1980
09-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Compete in the SEC? That was one week. They will have to play the rest of the schedule before we can make the assumption they can compete. The only players from that 2008 Florida NC team would've been riding the pine on a redshirt. They don't have the same coaching staff. Florida isn't even a shell of what they were.

Muschamp outcoached Sumlin from halftime on to the end of the game.

db1980
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
All those players and coaching staff at Florida are gone , Florida not the same team. Don't get me wrong Aggies did well, but this is probably a middle of the road sec team this year. Florida might get 3rd . A&m proved they could be an average to good sec team, the same thing they were in the big 12 .

Proof the mighty SEC may just be mortal after all????

Macarthur
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Compete in the SEC? That was one week. They will have to play the rest of the schedule before we can make the assumption they can compete. The only players from that 2008 Florida NC team would've been riding the pine on a redshirt. They don't have the same coaching staff. Florida isn't even a shell of what they were.

Muschamp outcoached Sumlin from halftime on to the end of the game.

You do realize that the Florida defense has probably 4 guys that will be drafted this year. I don't think anyone is saying this Florida team was as good as a NC team, but they are far from a pushover. They were 8th in the NCAA in total defense last year and returned 8 starters.