PDA

View Full Version : Final SMITHVILLE 40 Marble Falls 32

jrhernandez7
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM
What a game! Don't look now but the MO-train has left the station for the orange & black. if Smithville finds a way to win @ liberty hill next week the tigers could be heading into district down hill with a head of steam.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats Smithville. BIG impressive win.

Pudlugger
09-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Congratulations Tigers on a convincing win. Good luck next week against Liberty Hill.

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Looking forward to a good game next week, the LH boys need to keep their minds off of Homecoming and take it to the Tigers. This could be a game of the week.... Wonder how many people scheduled Smithville as their homecoming team this year not knowing that they are on the rise.

Good win Smithville, way to represent 3A and kick some 4A a$$.

jrhernandez7
09-07-2012, 11:48 PM
The scary thing is that Smithville can play way better than showed tonight. The tigers are still a little sloppy. Way to many Fumbles , and a few drop balls. But smithville did make the pass when needed. This game could have easily been worse.

zebrablue2
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Congrats to the Tigers! This is a mild upset, but shows the Tigers are for real...

1st and goal
09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Tiger are showing UP! Congrats.

jrhernandez7
09-08-2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.kvue.com/sports/friday-football-fever/game-of-the-week/Game-of-the-Week-Marble-Falls-vs-Smithville-168935686.html
Always a honor to have the news crew in the house, but especially for friday football fever game of the week. This had a big game feel that will help us come district. When the lights were bright & the camaras rolling The Tigers delivered.

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Congrats to the Tigers. I was way off my prediction.

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Congrats to the Tigers. I was way off my prediction.

At Smithville is a very tough place to play, MF has a good QB and receivers however when QB is pressured and not on target that offense can kill you. Smithville did the same thing we did to them last week and that was run the ball on them, Good win for Smithville. MF is a decent team however being 4A with no run defense they better hope their offense is perfect every night like it was against us.

Pudlugger
09-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Smithville's defense gets credit for holding the Mustangs to 32 points. That seems like a lot of points to give up but not for the Mustang potent offense. The Mustang run defense was their weakness when we played them and the Tiger coaches must have had them scouted well. You just have to try to get the defensive stop and get your offense on the field to pound the ball into the endzone. Turnovers killed us but Smithville played a very smart and tight game. They deserve much credit for the win and are going to be a big challenge for all in district 26.

Z's daddy
09-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Glad too see that I was way off on this game. Biggest improvements come between game 1 and 2. Apparently the Tigers offense did just that. Good luck against LH. That game will go along way in determine how good this season could truly be.