PDA

View Full Version : Bellville@Kinkaid tonight at 7pm

Manso/V8
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
The Brahmas travel to the Memorial/San Felipe area of Houston to play the The Kinkaid School Falcons. This will be the first football game in history between the two teams. What? Who? The Kinkaid School is the most prestigious prep school in Houston, many of the well connected folk in town are Kinkaid graduates. George W. Bush and Jeb Bush are Kinkaid graduates. The campus sits on 65 acres of real high dollar real estate. You probably need more than money to get in the school, high school tuition runs $20,530 per year (plus about $650 for books), and the average ACT score for Kinkaid students is 30. You won't need money to get in to the game, they don't charge admission. The Falcons won the Southwest Prepatory Conference championship the last two years, with Ford Childress at QB. Ford is the son of former Aggie and Oiler standout and car dealer (he owned Lawrence Marshall dealership). Ford is now at West Virginia playing QB. Some may remember Ford and the Kinkaid team in the 7on7 state tournament last year. I think they won, or maybe made it to the finals in the Div 2 bracket? Oh yeah, they also have boys volleyball in junior high and at the varsity level.

I don't know what to expect, but I know they have a D-1 commit(Northwestern) WR in Macan Wilson. For the redshirt birther crowd, a chron.com article mentioned he was 18 in a June article. Sophomore J.T. Granato is now the QB, and according to an article quoting Bellville coach Grady Rowe, Granato is expected to go D-1, and they also have another likely D-1 WR that's pretty tall and could give our secondary fits. They have the potential to be pretty powerful on offense and have 8 returning on the defensive side of the ball. They run a hurry up spread trying to get in as many snaps as possible for more chances to score, and reportedly run it very well. If that's the case, tonight's contest will be a good test our defensive stamina and really test our secondary, which I think was the weak spot in our defense last season. It may not be a glamorous game by 3a downlow standards, but with their offensive scheme, I think it was a wise choice to schedule them from a team prep standpoint. I have no prediction on the outcome or the score. I do know Kinkaid lost 38-14 to St. Pius X last week. St. Pius X was the team that beat Sealy 48-21 last night.

rancher
09-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Any scores from last night JV and Fresh. games?

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
St Pius didn't look that good to me last night. Maybe they are, but didn't look overly impressive to me.

I still think that Bellville wins this game.

hookandladder
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
My son played baseball with Macon Wilson kid over the summer , contain him and you should not have a problem beating them. The kid can flat out fly, definitely 4.4 or better. Bellville wins this one.

OLE'BULL
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Not happy that i am going to miss this one, got a surprise visit from the father in law. This should be a much better test for the brahmas than Caldwell was. I still think we will be fine as long as we are not still high on last weeks blowout. Bulls by 2 td's and a FG! Go Brahmas!

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Brahmas win easily.

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Sounds like it might be a good game.

zebrablue2
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Any scores from last night JV and Fresh. games?

FR. won 35-0. Was 29-0 at the half!!!

Manso/V8
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Brahmas EXPOSED!
Kinkaid 28
Bellville 13

6:19 4th qtr

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Kinkaid 41
Bellville 13, final

Shocker!

87 TIGER
09-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Wow!

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Damn a little surprised on this one, what happened .

Manso/V8
09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Kinkaid has some good players and are well coached.
The big difference in the game was Kinkaid came to play and Bellville did not. Maybe they were overconfident and didn't take this game seriously.
The Kinkaid players came out excited and played with heart and the Brahmas just seemed flat.
The OL did ok, not great, but we were still churned out some yards. Our two starting backs returned for the first time this year due(ankle injuries) and it seemed like
they still had some rust to shake or they just returned too soon. For some reason we went to the air more than any game I have seen under the new HC. The Falcons
got good pressure on our QB and most of the throws were off target and a few were dropped that should have been caught.
The chron.com box score showed Bellville at 2/14/0/49yds.
The defense didn't do their job on the DL and our secondary looked silly on some plays. We need to find a way to tighten up our D.
Bellville could have beat this team, but they didn't play well.
We got some work to do for sure!

Macon Wilson is the real deal. The kid has got some speed and is talented. Wilson scored 4 Kinkaid's TD's including a 97 yard run, right up the middle.

Football DAD
09-08-2012, 11:04 AM
To some this maybe have been a surprised but to others it was not. This Kinkaid team lost to St. Pius X (38-14) in the first week. St Pius X just beat Sealy 45-21. I know that Rick Seals-Jones got hurt in the late 3rd or early fourth quarter of the game but I don't believe it would have made a difference. This is just a bump in the road for Bellville. An Giddings is up next and they justed knocked off Wimberley 31-26. It's going to be another test for this Bellville team and coaching staff.

hookandladder
09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Kinkaid has some good players and are well coached.
The big difference in the game was Kinkaid came to play and Bellville did not. Maybe they were overconfident and didn't take this game seriously.
The Kinkaid players came out excited and played with heart and the Brahmas just seemed flat.
The OL did ok, not great, but we were still churned out some yards. Our two starting backs returned for the first time this year due(ankle injuries) and it seemed like
they still had some rust to shake or they just returned too soon. For some reason we went to the air more than any game I have seen under the new HC. The Falcons
got good pressure on our QB and most of the throws were off target and a few were dropped that should have been caught.
The chron.com box score showed Bellville at 2/14/0/49yds.
The defense didn't do their job on the DL and our secondary looked silly on some plays. We need to find a way to tighten up our D.
Bellville could have beat this team, but they didn't play well.
We got some work to do for sure!

Macon Wilson is the real deal. The kid has got some speed and is talented. Wilson scored 4 Kinkaid's TD's including a 97 yard run, right up the middle.

Macon Wilson is also a stud CF and most likely will have a shot at playing both sports in college, Great kid with great parents.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Kinkaid did a great job of getting Bellville out of their game. The Falcons ran a very complex spread offense that expose the Bellville defense. After watching the first Falcon offensive series, I knew it was up to the Bellville offense to play ball control & keep the ball away from their opponent. Just like last year's Sealy game, Bellville came up against a defense that could keep their running game in check & not allow them to get outside. I was very curious to see how the Bellville OC would counter this defense. Bellville scored their first TD on a beautiful back side screen play, great call against an aggressive defense. Sadly, never saw this play again or something to counter the quick reacting Falcon defense. Once again, Bellville fell in love with the low percentage long passes. Most of the night, it felt like all or nothing (mostly nothing). Why throw a 30 yard pass when you need 5 yards for a first down? Kinkaid showed us that you can keep the sticks moving by dumping the ball to a back or a short pass to their receivers. I watched Bellville roll right & throw deep too many times. On those plays, the back would block for the QB, but could easily slip out in the flat for an easy completion. Also, when you roll to one side, the defense only has to cover half the field. Bellville did have some success running straight ahead, but could never break the big run. Most of the night the Brahmas remained in a tight formation that seemed to play in the hands of their opponent. I would love to see them spread the defense wide with a 4 receiver formation & run the FB up the middle.

The good thing about this game, it was a non-district contest. I don't believe Kinkaid is 28 points better than Bellville, things just kind of got out of hand. Bellville is not good at playing catch-up & maybe got away from their game plan a little too early. This is a great opportunity for the coaches to come up with a way to counter a team that takes away your bread & butter running game.

Football DAD
09-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I believe they might not be but we'll find out next week against Giddings. Another non-district game but is a measuring stick for district though.

The Bull #40
09-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Wow. Coming into this game I didn't know what to expect but I expected a good game and a slim margin of victory for the Brahmas. We came out more flat than I've seen since Rowe got hired. I was definitely impressed by Kinkaid but I don't think they were 28 points better than us. I agree that our offensive coordinator didn't follow his usual gameplan and went to the air(mostly rollouts and deep passes) more than I thought we should have. After one screen play for a TD we never ran it again and I think it could've been effective against the aggressive Kinkaid defense. The defense was just flat all night and they better wake up and get to work this week or they will have another rough night against Giddings who is always a tough opponent and just beat Wimberley. Hopefully we get better this week and get back on track. Go Bulls!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

rancher
09-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I will give the Rancher Report on the game. I was also disappointed with the bulls performance, who ever is running the offense and calling the plays, must be sleep walking or have other things on their mind than the game at hand. As I said last week, the D-line is weak and after this game I would have to same the same about the O-line. I must agree with the other two post, where were the screen passes and draws that would slow down such an aggressive defense. I hope the coaches take a good look at the film and see that there is a short passing game and yes those in the backfield are eligible to catch a pass. I have been seeing a weak pass defense since the start of the scrimmages. Will be a disappointing season unless things get fixed fast.