PDA

View Full Version : North Forest 56, Houston Yates 6

Necked
09-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Yates could only muster 140 yrds. Despite some pre-season hype, I dont think they will be much of a factor in region III...

regaleagle
09-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Well, shucks heckfire. Tell us about North Forest. How good are they supposed to be?

toddg
09-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Yates could only muster 140 yrds. Despite some pre-season hype, I dont think they will be much of a factor in region III...

i didnt believe the hype..the days of Santana Dotson and co. are long gone.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2012, 01:39 AM
North Forest is a houston program that is pretty new...last year they struggled but have a ton coming back..they are 4A and IMO this does not mean anything going forward for Yates in 3A

toddg
09-07-2012, 02:45 AM
North Forest is a houston program that is pretty new...last year they struggled but have a ton coming back..they are 4A and IMO this does not mean anything going forward for Yates in 3A

they will do well inside houston but once outside of houston they will be pretty darn average and another 2nd rd exit...they have racked up a lot of wins over the years with that scenerio.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Well, shucks heckfire. Tell us about North Forest. How good are they supposed to be?

North Forest ISD- they combined Houston Forest Brook with Houston Smiley High Schools

ronwx5x
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
North Forest ISD- they combined Houston Forest Brook with Houston Smiley High Schools

North Forest ISD is no more. The state closed that school system and forced the ISD to combine with Houston ISD. Forest Brook was merged with Smiley due to hurricane damage.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
North Forest ISD is no more. The state closed that school system and forced the ISD to combine with Houston ISD. Forest Brook was merged with Smiley due to hurricane damage.

From my understanding, the state hasn't closed NFISD, yet.
http://nfisd.org/

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 09:38 AM
they will do well inside houston but once outside of houston they will be pretty darn average and another 2nd rd exit...they have racked up a lot of wins over the years with that scenerio.

True, only this year it will be a first round exit for Yates. ;)

'Necks 2013-14
09-07-2012, 11:03 AM
True, only this year it will be a first round exit for Yates. ;)You nailed it '93!:2thumbsup

coog4eva
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
True, only this year it will be a first round exit for Yates. ;)

In football at least........I dread basketball season.....LM was way down last year......

cougartino
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
With the exception of Lamar, Westside, Chavez, Madison, and possibly Westbury, HISD makes the football playoffs by default.

NastySlot
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Hemo...Remember the matchups with old Forest Brook......I am getting old who was that RB we had that broke a long one and with no one close to catching him broke his own leg when his heel hit his tibia? Want to say it was A.Shepherd.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Hemo...Remember the matchups with old Forest Brook......I am getting old who was that RB we had that broke a long one and with no one close to catching him broke his own leg when his heel hit his tibia? Want to say it was A.Shepherd.

Could have been. That should have been 94 or 95 I believe.

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
In football at least........I dread basketball season.....LM was way down last year......

Yes, Yates basketball will be an entire different story...