PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs St. Pius on ESPN U

hollywood
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Tied 7-7 2nd qtr

hollywood
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
St. Pius looks pretty good! Sealy not so much. Seals-Jones not much a factor other than a long run.

Bassact
09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
St. pius up 21-7 and startin to take control. Sealy looks about like I what saw in our scrimmage, without Seal-Jones they would be in serious trouble and probaly wouldn't be real competitive.

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Sealy starts second half with long drive for a TD by Seals-Jones. 21 - 14 St. Pius over Sealy

hollywood
09-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Wow! Ok, this guy Seal-Jones is a man child! Give the boy the ball.

21-21 now

Dub-C
09-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Seals-Jones takes it to the house.

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow! Ok, this guy Seal-Jones is a man child! Give the boy the ball.

21-21 now

He's dominating right now for sure

Bassact
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Spoke to soon.. seal-Jones has taken over the game.. St. Pius better make an offensive adjustment to protect the QB..

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Seals-Jones gets burned for a St Pius TD. 28 - 21 St Pius

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Seal-Jones picked off and returned inside the 5 yard line. St Pius about to get a 14 point swing

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:29 PM
35 - 21 St Pius

Bassact
09-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Seals-jones out with cramps.. Not good for Sealy

toddg
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Seals-jones out with cramps.. Not good for Sealy

pickle juice quick!!

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Seals-Jones down again. Doesnt look like cramps this time

hollywood
09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Seals-Jones premadona?

Hope he's ok. Looked like he pulled the RB on his knee. Doesn't look good.

83Indian
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Went down holding his knee. I was thinking the same thing but looks like hes going off on a stretcher. The replay doesnt show a twist or anything. He might have got kicked in the knee,

CTS
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM
I sincerely hope this young man is ok. This is so sad. My prayers are with him.

hollywood
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
That's a blow to Sealy. He was in pain. Not good!

Dub-C
09-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I hope he is ok, hate to see any young man hurt.

Bassact
09-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Praying it's not serious.
Now it time for Sealy to step up and play as team.

83Indian
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
45 - 21 St Pius. less than 2 minutes

hollywood
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
4 yards of offense for Sealy since Seals-Jones injury. Talk about a one man show. Hope it's just a sprain and not serious.

toddg
09-07-2012, 12:00 AM
4 yards of offense for Sealy since Seals-Jones injury. Talk about a one man show. Hope it's just a sprain and not serious.

he is special..but sometimes the other players have to step up.

regaleagle
09-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Just too many minutes on the field on a very hot and humid nite of a hyped nationally televised game. It's easier for a player to be injured when he is physically tired. This injury looked innocent enough, but you could tell RSJ was weary. I don't know if the air cast was precautionary just to be on the safe side, but I hope so. He is no doubt a special talent, so that may have been the case.

STAggie
09-07-2012, 02:19 AM

Let's not talk out of our you know what. Sealy had three other very important players not play or only play a few snaps. The RB and the best two WR's not named Seals-Jones on the roster were all out. Sealy fought hard and will get better.

CTS
09-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Houston Chronicle article on the game...

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/St-Pius-tops-Sealy-Seals-Jones-leaves-game-with-3846398.php

hookandladder
09-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Houston Chronicle article on the game...

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/St-Pius-tops-Sealy-Seals-Jones-leaves-game-with-3846398.php

After watching it on replay it did not look like his knee buckled or twisted, hopefully nothing real serious happened however in the article Coach Mitchell seemed very concerned. What a talent, wishing the best for him.

zebrablue2
09-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Prayers out to RSJ!!!

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
not fun at all to watch any kid get injured, but especially hard to watch that injury. Hope it is a minor injury and he recovers quickly.

Sealy needs him for one, but he needs to be playing, he is a great athlete.

pirate4state
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Prayers out to RSJ!!!

+1

Sealy had 3-4 players out, but they never gave up. That speaks volumes to the type of team they are and to the coaching staff. Keep plugging away!

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 09:27 AM
just a little joke (warning in advance)

Jimmie ain't got nothing for nobody without RSJ!

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Hoping that Seals Jones and your other players get better quickly.

Watching the replay over and over, Ricky attempted to sling around the Pius player and body slam him and when he did, he hurt his knee. Makes me upset when all he had to do was just tackle him by the book and grab him from behind on the torso/ legs. I hope he's alright and learns from this.

hollywood
09-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Watching the replay over and over, Ricky attempted to sling around the Pius player and body slam him and when he did, he hurt his knee. Makes me upset when all he had to do was just tackle him by the book and grab him from behind on the torso/ legs. I hope he's alright and learns from this.

I noticed the same. I truly hope it's not a major injury. This kid is special and super gifted. I wasn't going to mention it, but now that you did, all he had to do was push him out of bounds. He had the angle and knew he had him but tried to man handle him and ended up injuring himself. I'm sure frustration was setting in by this point.

Wish him the best!

Roughneck93
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
According to his mother, the early indication is a "twisted kneecap".

Wish RSJ the best.

http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/texas/post?id=6631

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
ESPN should have qualified St. Pius' 12 state championships with an *.

rancher
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Word at Tony's is RSJ has a dislocated knee cap. Have not heard how long he will be out. The running back going to rice has a severe ankle injury and may be placed in a cast. One wide receiver is going to have his knee scoped today for an injury. Prayers for all.

OLE'BULL
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Jesus, the injury bug has bit Sealy early, and hard. I feel for all of them. Hopefully they will recover but i wouldnt mind ole Jimmy holding them out until the playoffs. (They play the Brahmas the last game of the seson). I hope that RSJ's injury isnt any worse than a dislocated knee cap. If it was a clean dislocation, his biggest problem will be trusting it when he comes back. Hopefully it didnt tear or stretch anything else (ACL) when it happened. He needs to rehab hard and get that joint stronger than ever. Hopefully this will not be an ongoing problem for the rest of his promising career...

Ville-D
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM

I agree. I hope gets better quickly and has no lasting problems,but...

There were several tackles where he tried to pick up the runner and slam him into the ground and that is what he was doing when he got hurt. He also had a late hit in the end one and one out of bounds that weren't called. The refs pretty much swallowed their whistles for that whole game.

Manso/V8
09-07-2012, 12:00 PM

There were several tackles where he tried to pick up the runner and slam him into the ground and that is what he was doing when he got hurt. He also had a late hit in the end one and one out of bounds that weren't called. The refs pretty much swallowed their whistles for that whole game.

I hope he heals quickly and is back to full strength and speed as soon as possible.
I didn't notice him trying to pick and slam runners to the ground, that's not really his nature.
I thought it was more grabbing and slinging to tackle rather than hitting and wrapping up.
Over the years of watching him play, it seemed like he tries to avoid contact on defense, and since he is bigger than most, he could make those tackles without full contact......just my perception.
Avoiding contact is a great thing at QB or WR!

1st and goal
09-07-2012, 12:15 PM

I saw the endzone hit too and wondered why they didn't call it.

hookandladder
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM

I saw the same thing on his tackles, may have just been frustration however a simple tackle and maybe the injury never happens.

rancher
09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Here is report just in from ESPN. Appears may be season ending. Prayers

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midlands/post/_/id/5547/ricky-seals-jones-suffers-knee-injury

OLE'BULL
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Here is report just in from ESPN. Appears may be season ending. Prayers

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midlands/post/_/id/5547/ricky-seals-jones-suffers-knee-injury

Where did it say "season ending"? Unless the MRI shows damage to ACL, MCL, Patella Tendon, etc., he should be able to come back. That will be a call he, his family, his coaches, and his docs make. Hopefully it was just a dislocated knee, and nothing more. Wont know anything until the results from the MRI are back...

hollywood
09-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Not fun I know. I had a knee injury vs S'ville my SR year. Was badly hyper extended and torn cartilage. Knee cap popped over to the side. Popped it back in place, trainers wrapped it at halftime, played second half. Probably shouldn't have. But not everyone's as tuff as nails like me. J/K!

Prayers for him!