PDA

View Full Version : Burnet and Liberty Hill Folk?

clay
10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
You have seen both teams play, who is going to come out on top? Wimberley or Bandera?

Hottogo
10-29-2003, 09:37 AM
WimberLEY

PAINTBALL
10-29-2003, 09:42 AM
That's a tough call, but I have to go with Wimberley. I was not too impressed with either teams' offense, but was impressed with the way both teams defended Burnet. Of couse maybe Burnet's defense had something to do with their offensive performances. Wimberley in a close low scoring game decided by turnovers and mistakes made by Bandara. It takes more then 8 games to learn a new offense.

bd0707
10-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Wimberly

beefy
10-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Wimberley handily. Those Texans are playing pretty good football right now. I know Burnet shut them out, but that's not a good indicator to how good this team is in comparison to other district teams.

Bandera YaYa
10-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Well, I'm going to have to go with Bandera...we are due for one.....besides, I just can't be wrong 4 times in a row!! :D
Go Dogs!!! Beat the Texans!!!

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

HotDawg89
10-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Wimberley. Bandera is tougher, but Wimberley has more staying power.

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-29-2003, 05:40 PM
ill have to say it will be a tossup on the two because they both did well in holding burnet to some of thier lowest scores yet. but ill say bandera because they are much nicer folks so i root for bandera this year again. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Wow, this is a tough one. I don't think I'll stick my neck out and pick a winner, but only because next to liver, crow is one of my least favorite foods. :D I will say, that if Wimberley is at the top of their game, Bandera will have to play very tough. Bandera, if Hootie & receivers are "on", watch out. However, if you cover the receivers, like we did, you should be able to make some interceptions. I know we had several. Of course, Wimberley has played a few games since then and sounds like some adjustments were made. Good luck and safety to both teams, but I'll have to be rooting for Bandera. wink

HotDawg89
10-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Just to be clear, I never said I was "rooting for" Wimberley...Aaahhmmm, not in this lifetime. Go Bulldogs! Beat the Texans!

Football Guru 25
10-30-2003, 01:57 AM
LH Mom, ya'll didn't cover Wimberley's receivers. Mainly because Wimberley only has 1 receiver, #3 Josh Wallace. Hootie Churchman had over 100 yards passing in the first half, almost ALL to Wallace. SO, what do the coaches decide to do in the 2nd half, RUN IT AGAINST THE BEST RUN DEFENSE IN THE AREA. Nice one Nelms.

But as far as covering their receivers. No, that did not happen. Yes, LH got 2 INTs, one was because Wimberley lined up 3 WR on the SHORT side of the field and then rolled that way. 2 WRs ran 7 yard curls, both about 5 yards apart from each other. Hell, I bet you could defend that. The other was a misread by Wallace. The ball was thrown up for a jump ball because LH decided to go with the ALL OUT BLITZ and Wallace read it wrong and turned the wrong way and the LH DB made an OUTSTANDING play to get the INT. So did LH stop the passing game, NO, Nelms did. Hootie Churchman passed for almost 200 yards. But when the play calling of Nelms favors the run over the pass, that is what stops the receivers.

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Football Guru 25 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Sorry - I didn't mean to step on your toes. We didn't have 100% coverage on the receivers & I wasn't trying to imply that we did. We did have coverage & did get interceptions. And, not to talk badly about the Wimberley coaches, and their 2nd half decision, but you're right about our run defense. As I said, good luck & safety to both teams.

JCM
10-30-2003, 08:49 AM
Wimberley will win. Better coaching.
Wimberley 28, Bandera 14

Football Guru 25
10-30-2003, 10:50 AM
You don't have to bash any coaches by stating that HE decided to call run plays over pass plays. That is just stating the obvious. You can make argument that since Wimberley only had 1 receiver, so you could shut that down. BUT he WAS open and he had close to 10 receptions.

Bandera YaYa
10-30-2003, 11:11 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
ill have to say it will be a tossup on the two because they both did well in holding burnet to some of thier lowest scores yet. but ill say bandera because they are much nicer folks so i root for bandera this year again. :rolleyes: Hey, thanks for the compliment!! I went to my monthly Bunco bash last nite (costume and all eek! ) and it was at the house of one of our players. We told him good luck and he said that their lost to LH kicked them out of the playoffs, and he was sorry. We just told him to go out there and win the last two games and we'd be there cheering for him! How nice to see he cared about letting down the fans.... :)
But anyways, thanks for your support! I hope Friday will be good to us!! :D

Tiny
10-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Football Guru 25:
LH Mom, ya'll didn't cover Wimberley's receivers. Mainly because Wimberley only has 1 receiver, #3 Josh Wallace. Hootie Churchman had over 100 yards passing in the first half, almost ALL to Wallace. SO, what do the coaches decide to do in the 2nd half, RUN IT AGAINST THE BEST RUN DEFENSE IN THE AREA. Nice one Nelms.

But as far as covering their receivers. No, that did not happen. Yes, LH got 2 INTs, one was because Wimberley lined up 3 WR on the SHORT side of the field and then rolled that way. 2 WRs ran 7 yard curls, both about 5 yards apart from each other. Hell, I bet you could defend that. The other was a misread by Wallace. The ball was thrown up for a jump ball because LH decided to go with the ALL OUT BLITZ and Wallace read it wrong and turned the wrong way and the LH DB made an OUTSTANDING play to get the INT. So did LH stop the passing game, NO, Nelms did. Hootie Churchman passed for almost 200 yards. But when the play calling of Nelms favors the run over the pass, that is what stops the receivers.FG25 GET OVER IT, you saw the same game you just don't want to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football Guru 25
10-30-2003, 05:30 PM
What am I admitting? That there was poor playing calling? That LH has the best 3A run defense that I have ever seen? That Hootie Churchman completed 6 passes in arow to end the 1st half with a TD? That Wimberley lost? That LH is still undefeated?

Please, explain to me what I am supposed to admit.

K-TOWN
10-30-2003, 06:25 PM
burnet..

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Ok...well...im not a football expert!! but i do know both teams were pretty good...Wimberly seems like they are tougher, but never underestimate other teams! So i have to say its going to be a close score!

-Wimberly