PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Giants

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Kickoff of the 2012 season in a little over 2 hours!

Thoughts and predictions?

Let's hear 'em....

Dallas 27
NYG 24

Maroon87
09-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I like your enthusiasm, but I'd be really surprised if Dallas won. Even at full strength it would be a tall order.

NYG 31
DAL 17

And no matter what happens it will be all Romo's fault.:vrycnfsd:

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Giants by 2 tds!!!

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I like your enthusiasm, but I'd be really surprised if Dallas won. Even at full strength it would be a tall order.

NYG 31
DAL 17

Lol, yeah I know, it's going to be tough.

Manning...31 career passing TD vs Dallas. :ack!:

Necks88Fan
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Neither are a favorite but, Last years champs by 20.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Jason Witten cleared by doctors and will play tonight.

Wonder how effective he'll be...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/05/cowboys-tight-end-jason-witten-will-play-vs-giants/

yellaseeker
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Haven't people died from a ruptured spleen. Besides, i agree that his injury may cause him to become a target, other than Romo's. Kinda strange that he wanted to sign a waiver and then all of a sudden the doctors say oh, he's good to go. Nowhere near a Cowboys fan, in fact the exact opposite but, i'm definately a Whitten fan. Guy is a great end in all aspects, just hope he's not out there too early just because he's eager to play and they dang sure need him.

Eagle 1
09-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Haven't people died from a ruptured spleen. Besides, i agree that his injury may cause him to become a target, other than Romo's. Kinda strange that he wanted to sign a waiver and then all of a sudden the doctors say oh, he's good to go. Nowhere near a Cowboys fan, in fact the exact opposite but, i'm definately a Whitten fan. Guy is a great end in all aspects, just hope he's not out there too early just because he's eager to play and they dang sure need him.

Perhaps he is just a decoy.

Please Please Please Romo don't turn over the ball. I think the defense is playing better so if we protect the ball we may have a chance to pull off the upset.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
it's been a while since the super bowl champs open at home and lost the game, 2002 was the last time and it was the Giants.

Time to end that streak and once again it'll be Giants, GO Get'em Cowboys!

Old LB
09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
GIANTS! Not a Giants fan but this is obvious.

95mustang
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Dallas Offensive line is looking pretty offensive to me right now.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow...

oldtownag
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Officiating sucks so far

Bullaholic
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Cowboy offense is too conservative. Garrett playing keep it close and not lose again.

What was that Ryan was saying after the 3rd down stop---I couldn't quite read his lips....:D

regaleagle
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Don"t y'all remember last season it took the Giants all season to gel just to get to the playoffs? They are not that kind of favorite over these Cowboys, IMO. I look for a game that goes all the way to the deep 4th before it is decided. And a low-scoring affair in this early season match, at that!

1st and goal
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Yah, hope you can't read lips, especially Coach Ryans....and then they go back and show it again going into the commercial break... Don't mic him up unless you show it on HBO.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Great half by the Cowboys defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Great half by the Cowboys defense.4th qtr is where i am going to be worried! Hopefully this season will be different.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
4th qtr is where i am going to be worried! Hopefully this season will be different.

feels different I must say....that Oline is gonna get some people killed lol

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/yess-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
More Ogletree please. :)

Farmersfan
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I hate the "kill, kill, kill" that Romo does with like 5 seconds left on the play clock but it worked twice in a row really well. Dez is coming alive and Ogletree is playing well. Now let's get Miles going...........

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Smh.

Farmersfan
09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
How do they put Witten on Pierre Paul one on one?

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 09:49 PM
How do they put Witten on Pierre Paul one on one?

Yeah that was ridiculous.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Dallas D a chance to get off field and cant

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Hatch makes up for it..but that was still about 20 yards in FOP

Farmersfan
09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Hatch makes up for it..but that was still about 20 yards in FOP

Hatcher has to know he can't hit Manning high like that.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice tackle by Dez on that last play.

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
That was awesome.

Farmersfan
09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Amazing! They had like 40 penalties on that drive and still scored..............

hollywood
09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Cowboys couldn't look better against the defending champs. Romo having an awesome game!

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Nice tackle by Dez on that last play.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DEZ-TACKLE.gif

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Romo with pure greatness tonight

lbjacj
09-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Clutch first down after Witten called for holding!

Take a knee time!!

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Ogletree! Game Over!

Farmersfan
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow! Overcoming all those penalties to win this game is pretty impressive.

Maroon87
09-05-2012, 10:38 PM

NYG 31
DAL 17

I'm gladly here to eat my crow lol. But they could've won by more if Romo didn't suck...:vrycnfsd::)

Roughneck93
09-05-2012, 10:42 PM
it's been a while since the super bowl champs open at home and lost the game, 2002 was the last time and it was the Giants.

Time to end that streak and once again it'll be Giants, GO Get'em Cowboys!

:2thumbsup

Saggy Aggie
09-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Outside of 1 terrible pass, romo played lights out.

bobcat1
09-05-2012, 10:50 PM
The new center did pretty dang good too for no practice.

regaleagle
09-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Romo did a greaat job of leading the offense despite all the penalties. He was the reason the Cowboys won this game.

Phil C
09-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Way to Go Cowboys! I am so happy. I got knocked out of the suvival pool first week but if it had to happen I am glad this is the way it was. Well Done Cowboys! Keep it up!

Oh me of little faith! :)

jason
09-06-2012, 08:03 AM
as you all were watching the game, did any of you ever think 'damn, we let the wrong tight end go to new york' ??
i know whitten has been injured, but he stunk

ogg
09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Changes with the d-backs! They now compliment the defensive front and will be hard to beat this year.

ogg
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
as you all were watching the game, did any of you ever think 'damn, we let the wrong tight end go to new york' ??

No I never liked Marty B.

Macarthur
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Great game by Romo. Great game by the WRs. The OL had some rough patches, but considering who they were playing against, I think there's some positives to build upon. Murray is the real deal.

I think one of the telling points of the game and maybe says something about this team and their attitude moving forward. In the 2nd half, when Murray got it going, there was a nice run where he finished the run by absolutely destroying the LBer Blackburn. He had to go off the field and I think told the story, especially in the 2nd half. The Cowboys hit them in the mouth and let them know that this is a new team and a new season. We're not going down like we have in the past. I loved it.

Farmersfan
09-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Great game by Romo. Great game by the WRs. The OL had some rough patches, but considering who they were playing against, I think there's some positives to build upon. Murray is the real deal.

I think one of the telling points of the game and maybe says something about this team and their attitude moving forward. In the 2nd half, when Murray got it going, there was a nice run where he finished the run by absolutely destroying the LBer Blackburn. He had to go off the field and I think told the story, especially in the 2nd half. The Cowboys hit them in the mouth and let them know that this is a new team and a new season. We're not going down like we have in the past. I loved it.

I love it when I see Murray finish a run like that. But all it means in the long run is that Felix Jones will be our featured back way, way more often than we need him to. Murray will get hurt way too much trying to run over people like that. I noticed that M. Jenkins didn't play at all last night and I didn't see that he was injuried. If he can be motivated to play to his potential this defense could be truly special. Thoughts on Jenkins?

lostaussie
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Where is Keith7 when you need him:D He would still be able to tell us the Cowboys sucked!

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I love it when I see Murray finish a run like that. But all it means in the long run is that Felix Jones will be our featured back way, way more often than we need him to. Murray will get hurt way too much trying to run over people like that. I noticed that M. Jenkins didn't play at all last night and I didn't see that he was injuried. If he can be motivated to play to his potential this defense could be truly special. Thoughts on Jenkins?

Jenkins jas never been cleared because of shoulder

1st and goal
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
:clap:GIANT KILLERS:clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Not once.Marty B hurt them with that drop early in the game...Witten has his faults, but he is still a top TE

Pendragon13
09-06-2012, 09:37 AM
i know whitten has been injured, but he stunkYou're kidding...right? I'll take a Whitten that's rusty and not 100% over Marty B any day, all day.

Bullaholic
09-06-2012, 09:40 AM

No...

Slick50
09-06-2012, 09:42 AM
marty b is no where near witten. he shows signs of life, then chokes with all the drops

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Romo has thrown 19 interceptions in is last 1,100 throws...wow

Cam
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
It would've been fun to watch that game live or from a wider angle...I'll bet Claiborne and Carr were jamming and frustrating those receivers all night long...

Bullaholic
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Hey OT---think we ought to wait a little longer before we decide to keep DeMarco Murray? :D

Emerson1
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
marty b is no where near witten. he shows signs of life, then chokes with all the drops
You have to be good to choke.

Marty B just plain sucks.

Roughneck93
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM

No, not once.

I'm glad Marty B is gone.

MJMbrahmas10
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Think it is safe to say that romo can make any reciever look like a star(austin,hurd,robinson,holley,ogletree) unless your name is martellus bennet

Macarthur
09-06-2012, 10:37 AM

Yes, I think it's going to be very important for JG to manage Murray and his carries. We gotta have that dude for 16 games. Felix looks very timid and slow; very disappointing. I wonder if they look to work in 2 or 3 packages a game for Tanner because I think he's a real nice back.

Jenkins will be a very nice addition to this team. I don't think he suplants MoCla, though. Clairborne looked like he belongs. Scandrick pretty much has the nickle nailed down. I guess Jenkins will most likely be the next DB in on the dime package. It is going to be interesting to see how they use Jenkins.

Maroon87
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM

No. I thought he was one of the toughest dudes alive for even wanting to play with the injury he has. That's called "leadership" and Martellus couldn't spell it if you spotted him the "leader" and the "ship."

Maroon87
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I also loved Murray flattening Kiwanuka on that long run when it looked like he was caught for a big loss. Just stuck his head between the 9 and the 4 and knocked him flat on his butt.

Macarthur
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I also loved Murray flattening Kiwanuka on that long run when it looked like he was caught for a big loss. Just stuck his head between the 9 and the 4 and knocked him flat on his butt.

Right and don't forget about the hit he delivered on Blackburn that actually knocked him out of the game. That was a tone setter!

Slick50
09-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Right and don't forget about the hit he delivered on Blackburn that actually knocked him out of the game. That was a tone setter!

that was a huge hit, i bet it hurt

Eagle 1
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I have admit Romo looked pretty good. I'm glad Miles finally got off the bus in the 4th qtr. The defensive secondary is the most improved area of the team. However their was some blown coverages by the safeties that could of been 6 points. All in all much better.

BEAST
09-06-2012, 02:58 PM
The one thing that jumped out at me the most is when one of the Dallas Oline guys ran down the dude that was about to score off of the int. That tackle, although illegal, was huge. It allowed the D to hold them to a FG. The big guy didnt just give up. He ran him down. That also sets trends and mindsets.

BEAST

Farmersfan
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
The one thing that jumped out at me the most is when one of the Dallas Oline guys ran down the dude that was about to score off of the int. That tackle, although illegal, was huge. It allowed the D to hold them to a FG. The big guy didnt just give up. He ran him down. That also sets trends and mindsets.

BEAST

That big guy was the O-line stud T. Smith. (although last night didn't really look like it). I think that play shows why Tyron will be a star in this league for years to come.

Farmersfan
09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I have admit Romo looked pretty good. I'm glad Miles finally got off the bus in the 4th qtr. The defensive secondary is the most improved area of the team. However their was some blown coverages by the safeties that could of been 6 points. All in all much better.

I think Romo has a thing for the slot receiver. Miles earned his ridiculous contract as a slot receiver! Robinson had all his success as the slot receiver! And now Ogletree seems to be benefiting from working that slot position.

Macarthur
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I think Romo has a thing for the slot receiver. Miles earned his ridiculous contract as a slot receiver! Robinson had all his success as the slot receiver! And now Ogletree seems to be benefiting from working that slot position.

good point.

Emerson1
09-06-2012, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg

Bullaholic
09-06-2012, 03:36 PM

The outside WR's are usually the studs who are doubled, leaving the slot receiver with single coverage---I think you guys know that, but that would account for the success of slot receivers---especially when the QB is facing a good QB pressure-up-the-middle team.

Slick50
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM

damn, he could scoot back then. impressive

bobcat1
09-06-2012, 05:56 PM
No they made a good decision.

bobcat1
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Pure greatness!

BwdLion73
09-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Pure greatness!

Kinda scary watching that....I always thought I could run faster scared than they could mad.

Roughneck93
09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, I think it's going to be very important for JG to manage Murray and his carries. We gotta have that dude for 16 games. Felix looks very timid and slow; very disappointing. I wonder if they look to work in 2 or 3 packages a game for Tanner because I think he's a real nice back.

Jenkins will be a very nice addition to this team. I don't think he suplants MoCla, though. Clairborne looked like he belongs. Scandrick pretty much has the nickle nailed down. I guess Jenkins will most likely be the next DB in on the dime package. It is going to be interesting to see how they use Jenkins.

Yeah Felix looks slow and fat. Needs to lose about 5-10 lbs.

And not one single carry last night.

Roughneck93
09-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Lol, I remember that. Allen didn't even have a running start and still went and got him.

Ranger354
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Wish there was video of Larry Allen blocking Greg Loyd... Made Loyde look like a school girl. Allen was a beast!!!

Oh, Fear the Star!!!

STANG RED
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Farmersfan

I agree 100%. Murray is taking a lot of unnecessary punishment by lowering his head and giving those hard shots. He seems to look for head on contact at every chance. You gotta love his toughness, but this is going to take its toll on him eventually. I saw many times when he could have simply slipped one way or the other just a bit, and avoided that hard head on contact. He needs to look at some Emmit Smith footage, to see how to get maximum yardage, and also manage to not take on those square blows. That’s why Emmit had such a long career, when most other NFL running backs do not. Emmit very seldom initiated contact, or took hard square shots, and always knew when to run out of bounds. Murray needs to learn these things, if he’s going to have a long career. Still, I do love the guy’s toughness, and how he makes the defender pay for tackling him.

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 09:00 AM
That was the most enjoyable cowboys game to watch in some time. Slow start, but once they got going, it was going. They seemed very motivated to get after the giants. I hope they play with that same motivation every week.

Macarthur
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
I think we are really starting to see JG's stamp on this team. For two years now, he has been talking about the 'right kind of guys'. He has slowly been transforming this roster and I can't think of a single diva or selfish-type player. Some might say Dez, but while still immature, I've never heard him described as not being a team guy. Garrett seems to really value guys with strong work ethics and character. I think it will def pay off in the long run.

buff4ever
09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I think we are really starting to see JG's stamp on this team. For two years now, he has been talking about the 'right kind of guys'. He has slowly been transforming this roster and I can't think of a single diva or selfish-type player. Some might say Dez, but while still immature, I've never heard him described as not being a team guy. Garrett seems to really value guys with strong work ethics and character. I think it will def pay off in the long run.

Dez plays the game really hard, not many run as hard as him every single time they get the ball. You never know when he may break a big play. He is still young, and still may get frustrated if he doesn't get targeted enough, what big player doesn't. I have high hopes for him still yet.

Macarthur
09-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Dez plays the game really hard, not many run as hard as him every single time they get the ball. You never know when he may break a big play. He is still young, and still may get frustrated if he doesn't get targeted enough, what big player doesn't. I have high hopes for him still yet.

There's never really been any doubt about how good he can be on the field. The thing he's got to do is keep his personal life in check and focus on being a professional.

SintonFan
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

I agree.

Farmersfan
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM

I think I agree with this. And to some extent I think maybe Felix Jones is seeing the JG attitude. He showed up to training camp out of shape and has not had the burst and effort they are used to and he got a total of ZERO carries in this last game.... I like it!!!!

Macarthur
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I think I agree with this. And to some extent I think maybe Felix Jones is seeing the JG attitude. He showed up to training camp out of shape and has not had the burst and effort they are used to and he got a total of ZERO carries in this last game.... I like it!!!!

Yeah, and word is that they were very close to activating Dunbar for the game. I would not be surprised at all if we start seeing more of Tanner.

Farmersfan
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah, and word is that they were very close to activating Dunbar for the game. I would not be surprised at all if we start seeing more of Tanner.

Felix Jones might actually be the last person on that team with a little bit of attitude. Oh, and Jenkins! I think M. Jenkins is eating a lot of crow right now and I could see his career going in either direction. If he takes things as constructive and tries to adjust he will still be a very good player for this team. But if he has a attitude of being slighted or misunderstood then I see his career basically ending. I don't see him doing well with another team. The difference in attitudes with the D-backs for this team was very, very obvious against the Giants. Last year Jenkins and Newman could not do press coverage and gave up the short passes all game long. These new guys seem to want to get in the receiver's face. I heard someone say on sports radio that the Cowboys said that even when they called bump and run or press coverage that Newman would bail out of it at the last minute every single time..................

Bullaholic
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I agree with you guys---I think the tiime has finally come on the Cowboys where players actually have to PLAY their way onto the roster and have to perform each week to stay there season to season. No more of signing the fat, multi-year deal and laying down.

Slick50
09-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Its time for Felix to go, always hurt and out of shape

Macarthur
09-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Felix Jones might actually be the last person on that team with a little bit of attitude. Oh, and Jenkins! I think M. Jenkins is eating a lot of crow right now and I could see his career going in either direction. If he takes things as constructive and tries to adjust he will still be a very good player for this team. But if he has a attitude of being slighted or misunderstood then I see his career basically ending. I don't see him doing well with another team. The difference in attitudes with the D-backs for this team was very, very obvious against the Giants. Last year Jenkins and Newman could not do press coverage and gave up the short passes all game long. These new guys seem to want to get in the receiver's face. I heard someone say on sports radio that the Cowboys said that even when they called bump and run or press coverage that Newman would bail out of it at the last minute every single time..................

Agreed. Jenkins will either get with the program or his ass will ride the pine.

SintonFan
09-07-2012, 06:31 PM

I'm trying to figure out just how serious your post is. lol