PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Rockdale

LHdog
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
What's the buzz on this game? Who's favored? Will the Burnet QB be able to play?

Cam
09-05-2012, 09:43 AM
What's the buzz on this game? Who's favored? Will the Burnet QB be able to play?

Talked to his dad yesterday evening....He's not sure Kiser is gonna go. Jogged around in practice but stood around alot and watched. Said he thinks coaches will want to rest him and get him healthy. Especially with rival Marble Falls around the corner!...We'll see.....

greendawg84
09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Dawgs played good the first half but lost focus and got outscored 21 - 6 in the 3rd quarter last week. I dont think they can afford to do that this week Fred aint no Rockdale.

Bassact
09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Burnet RB's better buckle up their chin straps. Rockdales MLB is big fast and can bring it.

Cam
09-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Burnet RB's better buckle up their chin straps. Rockdales MLB is big fast and can bring it.

Burnet not running much and not very effectively yet..I hope they work out the kinks.....But when Burnet DE #8 goes in as a RB to get the tough yards, that boy thinks he's still on defense and brings it himself...we could be in for some nasty collisions with those two!......but, my guess is that MLB will be dropping back in coverage most of the time cause if Kiser plays Burnet is some passin' fools!......:doh:

Bassact
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
#8 wll be giving up about 40 pounds, he won't want to do that to often. But I know he's a tuff kid, lived in Burnet for 6 years and coached him several times over the years. If the MLB is dropping back hopefully Burnet stays away from the middle crossing patterns they are so found of. Just guessing but if Kiser is a ? and does come out and play Rockdale will be sending the house after him.

Cam
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
#8 wll be giving up about 40 pounds, he won't want to do that to often. But I know he's a tuff kid, lived in Burnet for 6 years and coached him several times over the years. If the MLB is dropping back hopefully Burnet stays away from the middle crossing patterns they are so found of. Just guessing but if Kiser is a ? and does come out and play Rockdale will be sending the house after him.

...so, what's your take on this game?....A Rockdale win?...

Bassact
09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm taking Burnet just because i know most of the kids and will be pulling for them - Last year was tuff to see - except when LH put it to them.. Unless something has changed in Rockdale they don't stay diciplined and will start pointing fingers if you keep it close, Thats when Burnet will take it..

hookandladder
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Rockdale has a decent QB however lost their best recevier last year ( Senior) , on defense you will see one of the best LB in 3A football for Rockdale. I see this game as a toss up, if it is at Rockdale I take them by 3.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Rockdale is favored by 12 according to the Padilla poll but if Kiser doesn't go it will be over early.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Rockale 28-21

BLEEDZGREEN
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I agree #8 Aaron Johns should be starting @ RB, he is stronger, bigger, & quicker than #14 Haffley. When #8 touched the ball they were usually big gains but when you have to compete against one of the coach's son 9 out of 10 times your going to lose that battle, especially in this town.

Bassact
09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I agree #8 Aaron Johns should be starting @ RB, he is stronger, bigger, & quicker than #14 Haffley. When #8 touched the ball they were usually big gains but when you have to compete against one of the coach's son 9 out of 10 times your going to lose that battle, especially in this town.

Somethings never change.. LOL.. Should have moved a few miles East.. Just think of the yards #25 would have gotten in that offense.. would have been scarey

greendawg84
09-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Somethings never change.. LOL.. Should have moved a few miles East.. Just think of the yards #25 would have gotten in that offense.. would have been scarey

Move to one of the lands of PURPLE ????? NEVER !!! Them there are fighting words and should get ole CAM's Green blood boiling .:foul:

Also agree things in this town have been the same since I played there , and that was a LONG time ago.......

Bassact
09-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Move to one of the lands of PURPLE ????? NEVER !!! Them there are fighting words and should get ole CAM's Green blood boiling .:foul:

Also agree things in this town have been the same since I played there , and that was a LONG time ago.......

Think of it as the land of Gold - As in GOLD Chamionship trophies!

BLEEDZGREEN
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Funny you say that Bassact, all last season & during track the LH coach's kept telling him that, they said he would've put up crazy numbers in LH's offense. We received a lot of great compliments from the Wimberley staff also it was great to hear to those things from your opponents even though we didn't play Wimberley they came up to him during basketball season to let him know.

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM

I could try that but danm son that color gold you guys wear is as UGLY as that dang purple . :ack!:

Cam
09-06-2012, 08:15 AM

What's a C-H-A-M-I-O-N?.......Land of gold?...you mean cause of them 06-07 teams?....yeah, they was good......but man, how long ya'll gonna ride their coat tails?.....And the same goes for the pollsters!.....Isn't there a statute of limitations or something?.......It's not like ya'll are Celina with 46 state championships!.....:stirpot:

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Maybe he meant more South than East ? Did LT add gold to their uniforms ?

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 09:45 AM
What's a C-H-A-M-I-O-N?.......Land of gold?...you mean cause of them 06-07 teams?....yeah, they was good......but man, how long ya'll gonna ride their coat tails?.....And the same goes for the pollsters!.....Isn't there a statute of limitations or something?.......It's not like ya'll are Celina with 46 state championships!.....:stirpot:

Winning 2 out of the last 6 state championships, aint to long ago, If yall would have closed the deal(s) in 02 and 03 we would still be hearing that ....

LH = 2X State Champions

Burnet = 2X State Runner Ups....................... :):stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

T-50days n counting till OCTOBER 26th...... SPCA better be on the look out for DOG ABUSE in Burnet

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Winning 2 out of the last 6 state championships, aint to long ago, If yall would have closed the deal(s) in 02 and 03 we would still be hearing that ....

LH = 2X State Champions

Burnet = 2X State Runner Ups....................... :):stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

T-50days n counting till OCTOBER 26th...... SPCA better be on the look out for DOG ABUSE in Burnet

True but it kinda was a long time ago
True
True
Keep thinking that way ! :wave:

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyway back to the week at hand and the subject of this thread, If Burnet has its starters they will beat Rockdale, if w/o QB-1 then their D will be the deciding factor.

Bassact
09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
True but it kinda was a long time ago
True
True
Keep thinking that way ! :wave:

FALSE it is 3x state runner ups greendawg84 don't try to forget it happened!:tisk::tisk::tisk::tisk:

Cam
09-06-2012, 10:27 AM

LH = 2X State Champions

....you just stabbed me in the heart mentioning those two losses!.....or even worse, that felt like a pitchfork poking me on the buttocks!!.......actually, I wasn't living in Burnet at the time so I really have no emotional ties to that era.......sounds like they blew it though....what the hell Greendawg??...this is your fault!.....what gave in those two games?....now I gots no ammunition to brag about!!....dang!...
T-50 days?....Nevermind that, when are the 7th graders playin'??...I'm guessin' that would be T-49 days...but I'm not sure they play on the same week.....that's where my dawg is!..........:taunt:

Cam
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Anyway back to the week at hand and the subject of this thread, If Burnet has its starters they will beat Rockdale, if w/o QB-1 then their D will be the deciding factor.

....I think it's gonna be the move-in from Copperas Cove at QB......wait a minute!....Burnet had a move-in?.....I thought they were all going to Dodgeland!....

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
:flaming:
....you just stabbed me in the heart mentioning those two losses!.....or even worse, that felt like a pitchfork poking me on the buttocks!!.......actually, I wasn't living in Burnet at the time so I really have no emotional ties to that era.......sounds like they blew it though....what the hell Greendawg??...this is your fault!.....what gave in those two games?....now I gots no ammunition to brag about!!....dang!...
T-50 days?....Nevermind that, when are the 7th graders playin'??...I'm guessin' that would be T-49 days...but I'm not sure they play on the same week.....that's where my dawg is!..........:taunt:

Im also looking forward to the T-49 days, I have an 8th grader playing..... A&B team are both Looking for revenge from last year.:flaming::foul:

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM

Damn Bassact , you must be a damn old as me ! I did forget about that one.

Come to think of it , I must be a jinx , IF we ever get back to the SC game I will listen to it on the radio ! Everytime I go they loose ......:weeping:

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 10:38 AM
....I think it's gonna be the move-in from Copperas Cove at QB......wait a minute!....Burnet had a move-in?.....I thought they were all going to Dodgeland!....

Is he close to Kaiser in performance?

greendawg84
09-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Bigger guy that throws the ball well , but nowhere near the speed of Kieser.

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Bigger guy that throws the ball well , but nowhere near the speed of Kieser.

Yeah, I have (unfortunately) watched the Burnet offense being brought out of 3rd and long by the fleet of foot QB's yall traditionally have. Bigger and slower is not good if the D can cause pocket flushes.

Cam
09-06-2012, 11:14 AM

I don't know enough about the Cove kid. He is a big strong dude. Tough runner...good arm.....Looks more like he should be playing LB...With a week of practice he should be fine....
I'll say it again about Kiser though....I've seen alot of football in my days....and this Kiser kid is looking like he's gonna be one of the best QB's coming out of this area....He's got all the tools: Size: 6'2", speed, vision, arm strength, amazing accuracy, and a leader with smarts...plus, I don't think he's done growing...Dad is a tall fella so I'm expecting Kiser might hit 6'3" or so...I just hope he stays healthy cause he sure is fun to watch!.....You'll enjoy him.....
By the way, it's K-I-S-E-R...you'll learn it soon enough!!...:2thumbsup

Cam
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
:flaming:

Im also looking forward to the T-49 days, I have an 8th grader playing..... A&B team are both Looking for revenge from last year.:flaming::foul:

Oh wow....so that means you have to deal with Kiser's little bro QB, Drew. He is also an 8th grader...That Dawg "A" team should be pretty salty!! Some big boys. Heck, the Ringstaff family alone gives us an entire line almost. Two in the 8th grade (cousins) and one in 7th....how on earth can humans this age get so large and fast I have no idea!!.....

LHPfactory
09-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh wow....so that means you have to deal with Kiser's little bro QB, Drew. He is also an 8th grader...That Dawg "A" team should be pretty salty!! Some big boys. Heck, the Ringstaff family alone gives us an entire line almost. Two in the 8th grade (cousins) and one in 7th....how on earth can humans this age get so large and fast I have no idea!!.....

At least for the past 6 or 7 years, Burnet always seems to win the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade games against LH. However, LH JV and Varsity usually beat Burnet....... hence the Varsity slogan this year: "Hard Work Pays Off" ......."Thunderstruck Tuff"............................ Just an observation...................
:clap:

87 TIGER
09-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Rockdale will not be a full strength tomorrow, starting cb and wr broke his hand against Salado, and I think we lost 2 more this week in practice, that's what I heard . The running game looked pretty good last week, the defense had a few moments where they gave up the big play. Should be a good one, heres to an injury free game. Anyone up for a m&g?

Cam
09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
At least for the past 6 or 7 years, Burnet always seems to win the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade games against LH. However, LH JV and Varsity usually beat Burnet....... hence the Varsity slogan this year: "Hard Work Pays Off" ......."Thunderstruck Tuff"............................ Just an observation...................
:clap:

...the tide is slowly turning!.....:taunt:

LHdog
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Should we eat in Toylor or Rockdale? Where?

Cam
09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Rockdale will not be a full strength tomorrow, starting cb and wr broke his hand against Salado, and I think we lost 2 more this week in practice, that's what I heard . The running game looked pretty good last week, the defense had a few moments where they gave up the big play. Should be a good one, heres to an injury free game. Anyone up for a m&g?

Burnet probably not either...QB might not go tonight....too bad, you would've enjoyed watching him....

Cam
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM

I don't know but if I find something are you buyin'??.....actually, I won't be making tonights game...arrggg!!!.....my baby girl is coming home tonight and I haven't seen her in quite some time.....hey, any idea how the frosh & JV games went yesterday?....I was at my boys scrimmage and could see the games going on but don't know the outcomes.....I PM'ed Greendawg but he's ignorin' me right now!!.

BLEEDZGREEN
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Burnet Jv won 17-14 don't know about the freshmen.

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't know but if I find something are you buyin'??.....actually, I won't be making tonights game...arrggg!!!.....my baby girl is coming home tonight and I haven't seen her in quite some time.....hey, any idea how the frosh & JV games went yesterday?....I was at my boys scrimmage and could see the games going on but don't know the outcomes.....I PM'ed Greendawg but he's ignorin' me right now!!.

Your 7th graders scrimmage? ......... Who?.....

Cam
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Your 7th graders scrimmage? ......... Who?.....

Green vs White...it was only 1 hour long @ 4pm and man was it hot!.....then the bully 8th graders showed up cause it was their turn to play!.....their dang O-line is so big I'm not sure the little Kiser QB can see over em'!!.....it's hilarious!...

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Green vs White...it was only 1 hour long @ 4pm and man was it hot!.....then the bully 8th graders showed up cause it was their turn to play!.....their dang O-line is so big I'm not sure the little Kiser QB can see over em'!!.....it's hilarious!...

I guess there are some benefits from the Back Woods Burnet Billies breeding with Big Foots (Sasquatchs) out there in the highland lakes area....:stirpot::)

87 TIGER
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Eat in Rockdale at The Ranch it's next to the ford dealership as you come into town. Best food around and I own it come see me.

Cam
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I guess there are some benefits from the Back Woods Burnet Billies breeding with Big Foots (Sasquatchs) out there in the highland lakes area....:stirpot::)

LOL!...actually, Burnet's teams of recent years have been smallish...Burnetians jokingly blame it on the water......In the near future, Burnet should outsize or equal most teams...FINALLY!.....
.....I dated a Sasquatch once!...a female one that is!......but that's a story for another day!.........:tisk:

Cam
09-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Eat in Rockdale at The Ranch it's next to the ford dealership as you come into town. Best food around and I own it come see me.

Don't go there Burnetians!....Unless he changes his game prediction!!!...:taunt:

LHPfactory
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
LOL!...actually, Burnet's teams of recent years have been smallish...Burnetians jokingly blame it on the water......In the near future, Burnet should outsize or equal most teams...FINALLY!.....
.....I dated a Sasquatch once!...a female one that is!......but that's a story for another day!.........:tisk:

Yeah, I remember when my boy played against Burnet 7th grade A team last year, the Dawgs linemen were huge for 7th graders, I can only imagine what a years growth has done for them....

How tall is little Kiser?

Cam
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I remember when my boy played against Burnet 7th grade A team last year, the Dawgs linemen were huge for 7th graders, I can only imagine what a years growth has done for them....

How tall is little Kiser?

Not sure actually, he's pretty skinny & lanky. I'm guessin' he'll get up there like his brother. His dad was telling me he'd rather play WR than QB. He is a fast one and would do well at WR. One of the parents was telling me they actually have another QB who is supposed to be really good so we'll see what happens in the future..I did not stay for the entire scrimmage so I didn't get to see the other QB.

87 TIGER
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Ok , for sure cb, wr, 2 ol, and 1 dl are out tonight. We've got to get healthy for next week against Cameron.