PDA

View Full Version : Marble Falls 1-0 @ Smithville 1-0

jrhernandez7
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
This will be a tough challenge for the orange & black but not impossible. Marble Falls brings in a spread attack under legendary coach dodge that can hurt you if your not ready. Smithville will look to shorten the game with thier running attack that MF had trouble with last week against LG. Smithville has to control the clock with there stable of backs & pressure the MF qb with there front line. If we can do this, we can beat the 4a mustangs. I'm looking for sone good home cooking from my tigers this week.

YTBulldogs
09-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Should be a good one. Good luck JR.

LHPfactory
09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Truly dont know in this one, am curious how LH's homecoming team (Smithville) will be this year.... I know there is strong belief that Dodge will be able to bring MF to elite status, but just dont know where they are now, Ive heard from our youthleague that Lampasas Varsity lost alot of talent from last year, and Smithville struggled to get a win against em last week. If MF is rising fast and Lampasas is struggling this year, it will be a long night for Smithville.

greendawg84
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Give me them dang Stangs ( I hate Purple ), I think the Dodge is starting to get warmed up .

hookandladder
09-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Truly dont know in this one, am curious how LH's homecoming team (Smithville) will be this year.... I know there is strong belief that Dodge will be able to bring MF to elite status, but just dont know where they are now, Ive heard from our youthleague that Lampasas Varsity lost alot of talent from last year, and Smithville struggled to get a win against em last week. If MF is rising fast and Lampasas is struggling this year, it will be a long night for Smithville.

Time will tell on Marble Falls , they have a QB and a top notch WR that did not play last year. The QB threw the ball very well last game and their 6'5" WR was pretty much unstoppable for us, they had no turnovers and also a couple other receivers that caught the ball very well. If their offense continues to play as perfect as they did against us , they will be a very good team come District time. Smithville is more of a running team so if their OL does not block well, this could be a long night for them. We were able to spread the field on their D so we were able to pretty much run at will, MF defense is definitely their weak leak however if Smithville cannot pass then I would suspect MF will stack the line. This game will be very interesting for Marble Falls after playing on their field to playing on Smithville's field, Our field and Smithville's has to be two of the worst stadium's in 3A football.

Pudlugger
09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
MF had a huge nose guard about 6'6" 280 who is a sophomore. He transferred from a local private school where he was the qb on a 6 man team. His former coach was sitting behind me at the game. He got injured in the third quarter(looked like a knee injury). He was helped off the field by two coaches not putting any weight on the injured leg. I hope he didn't suffer a bad injury but from the looks of it I doubt he will play Friday. His former coach said he was a great athlete and competitor and a really nice kid. He was a force on the field.

Cam
09-05-2012, 09:34 AM
MF had a huge nose guard about 6'6" 280 who is a sophomore. He transferred from a local private school where he was the qb on a 6 man team. His former coach was sitting behind me at the game. He got injured in the third quarter(looked like a knee injury). He was helped off the field by two coaches not putting any weight on the injured leg. I hope he didn't suffer a bad injury but from the looks of it I doubt he will play Friday. His former coach said he was a great athlete and competitor and a really nice kid. He was a force on the field.

I think you're talking about H. Shipley (cousin of Jaxon). He used to go to Burnet, then dad moved him to Faith, and now to Marble.....I think he's more like 6'5" & 260....Hope he is OK.

jrhernandez7
09-05-2012, 09:41 AM

I hope the big dt is okay and good to go friday. It will be a big loss to a already suspect MF run defense.

hookandladder
09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I hope the big dt is okay and good to go friday. It will be a big loss to a already suspect MF run defense.

Their D against the run is suspect but you better show that you can also pass the ball, I do not think you will be able to just lineup and run all night but you never know till Friday. Playing in Smithville will definitely help you guys, your secondary will be the key to this game.

Ville-D
09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Who is the MF Quarterback? A good QB prospect for Stephenville (a Freshman) "moved" to MF over the summer.

hookandladder
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Who is the MF Quarterback? A good QB prospect for Stephenville (a Freshman) "moved" to MF over the summer.

Marble Falls QB is a transfer from Salado , he is a Senior this year.

Cam
09-05-2012, 11:44 AM

....why don't we all just move to Marble Falls?....geez......:)

hookandladder
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM

His name is Mike Richardson, the QB. Pretty damn good or at least he was against us, pretty sure he threw for over 2000 yards for Salado last season. He should definitely gets some looks to play at the next level, decent size, strong arm and good speed.

zebrablue2
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
....why don't we all just move to Marble Falls?....geez......:)

Worked a game there last season, damn sure is beautiful country. 6 numbers in the lotto draw, and I will own something in Marble Falls.

Z's daddy
09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Marble Falls should be able to win this one. Smithville will need to improve their offense from a week ago. They were able to come away with a win last against Lampasas who did not take care of the football. Marble Falls wins this one going away 42-7.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Marble Falls should be able to win this one. Smithville will need to improve their offense from a week ago. They were able to come away with a win last against Lampasas who did not take care of the football. Marble Falls wins this one going away 42-7.

I'm with you, I don't think this game will be that close. MF wins.

Ville-D
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
MF by a 17

jrhernandez7
09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Looks like nobody is taking my Tigers from the posters on here to a unanimous decision in the Austin Statesman. & thats fine just how Smithville likes it. Mark my words this game will be closer than the so called "experts" think!

Just remember "hope floats in Smithville Texas".

Pudlugger
09-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Looks like nobody is taking my Tigers from the posters on here to a unanimous decision in the Austin Statesman. & thats fine just how Smithville likes it. Mark my words this game will be closer than the so called "experts" think!

Good luck to Smithville. If the Tigers hold onto the football and limit penalties they can win this game. MF is a very good team offensively, but their defense could not stop the running game put up by the Leps. If Smithville can put up a strong ground game and keep them off balance with a pass completion now and then they can score some points. The Tiger Defense is seasoned and should be their strong suit so yes, the Tigers can win this game. Home field advantage too.

toddg
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM

good luck!

hookandladder
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Home field advantage could keep it close however if their offense is clicking with no mistakes and turnovers it will be a tough task to beat them, no players going both ways for MF is a huge advantage in the second half.

jrhernandez7
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Halftime score : Smithville 20 marble falls 10.

I expect some exciting 2nd half football in the jungle..